• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If you already own the games, go ahead and post anything that you have done in them here. You can post about beating a gym leader, encountering a legendary, losing a battle, etc.

Rules:
- You may only post 1 time every 20 posts. This is to prevent people from trying to increase their post count, and also to help you provide content to your post. Just don't spam now!
- Do not ask questions here. This is not the help thread, which you can find here: X & Y Help Thread
- Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught Fletchling.” This is obviously you either being lazy or trying to increase your post count.

Each of these rules will be enforced. If you break a rule, expect your post to be deleted, as well as expect an infraction waiting for you in your PM box.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
My copy arrived about an hour ago and I'm loving it so far. Started with Fennekin which I've named Albus, and he's level 11. The number of Pokemon in this game is insane, I'm only in Santalune Forest and I've already caught 11 Pokemon!

Team at the moment is:

Albus/Fennekin lvl 11
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Ember
- Howl

shadow_wolf

Got my copy yesterday. Currently leveling to face the second gym. Mostly under level due to level jump so so grinding.
Team at moment
Braixen
Ivysaur
Pancham
Eevee
Tyrunt
Pidgeotto.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Got my copy yesterday. Currently leveling to face the second gym. Mostly under level due to level jump so so grinding.
Team at moment
Braixen
Ivysaur
Pancham
Eevee
Tyrunt
Pidgeotto.

Second gym and you already have Tyrunt and Eevee. Sweet! These games are definitely going to be fun.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
I'm hoping Serebii sees this: I can confirm that pokemon found in Horde Battles can have their hidden ability. I found a Scraggy with it's hidden ability of Intimidate.

It's a bit of a pain though, I couldn't tell which of the 5 Scraggy had the ability so I had to guess which one to catch, unfortunately I caught the wrong one.

I can't provide proof because I fainted the pokemon, but if Serebii goes to Route 5 and uses Honey/Sweet Scent he can confirm it himself.

Last edited:

Franzo

Game came early :3
At route 3 my team is at five at the moment:

Chespin
Pikachu
Panpour
Caterpie
Fletchling (funny thing, was going to nickname him FlameWing but accidently hit the enter after W -_- )

Crobat_Curse

Pokemon X
Got the game early courtesy of Shopto and have barely put it down since yesterday! I still only have 1 badge and have racked up 7 hours, which goes to show just how much content there is in this game. My only complaint so far is the ridiculously long dialogue when picking your starter, since it makes resetting for a decent nature a nightmare. Team so far:

Lester the Frogaider ♂ [25]
Brandi the Litleo ♀ [24]
Ziggy the Furfrou ♂ [19]
Dominique the Espurr ♀ [19]

Last edited:

HRCFr34k

Why is the Help Thread closed? o.o
I got 3 badges and I have Charizard, Chesnaught and Pikachu. Also I have an Eevee. And since I can´t post in the question Thread:
Where is the move relearner? I need Charm for my Eevee ._.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why is the Help Thread closed? o.o
I got 3 badges and I have Charizard, Chesnaught and Pikachu. Also I have an Eevee. And since I can´t post in the question Thread:
Where is the move relearner? I need Charm for my Eevee ._.

Oops. I'm sorry. I can't believe I missed that. The thread is now open.

There is currently no mention of where the Move Relearner is, but there is a Move tutor on Route 21.

Tsutaja1996

Got my Pokemon Y about an hour ago ^^ Started with Fennekin, taking my time to enjoy the beautiful graphics and stunning music ^o^)

Tommyb2405

how are people getting like Ivysaurs and Charizards so early :( me want one :p

saldu

Only thing I didn't like about the brown-ish hair female starter look was the mini ponytail at the end of her hair.
Now I just found a barber in the biggest city and turns out, you can select between 4 hairstyles, 5 hair colors and "bangs" or "parted" for the front.

Satoshi 91

As there's no trade forum yet I'll have to post here. I've just received Amaura but have't saved in agessss and it turned out to be a boy, when I wanted a girl. Is there anyone who is at a stage where they can get an Amaura, or if they already have, a female one mine can breed with? I have a fennekin egg to offer, as well as keeping the original Amaura once I've bred. So a 2 for 1 deal if anyone can help! Thanks and Pm me for details.

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
So I'm just about to do the second gym, really enjoying the game so far. My team at the moment is:

Albus/Braixen lvl 27
- Scratch
- Flame Charge
- Ember
- Psybeam

Navi/Floette lvl 27
- Tackle
- Magical Leaf
- Fairy Wing
- Nature Power

Maraud/Pancham lvl 26
- Comet Punch
- Karate Chop
- Arm Thrust
- Slash

Ravage/Tyrunt lvl 26
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock
- Bite
- Charm

saldu

My Kadabra has a weird circle thingy in my team pokemon overview screen in the bottom right corner of it's status box.
It looks like a TM would look in past games, but it isn't holding any item.
Anyone got an idea what that might be?

edit: Ah, perhaps it indicates that it knows a field move.

Currently resetting for a decent IV'd Adamant/Jolly Event Torchic xD A Speed Boost Mega Blaziken seems too good to have as "Very Finicky" and Docile in nature =P RNG is not liking me at the moment though...getting trolled by a LOT of "Special Attacker" natures and IVs -.- Also trying to breed my Braixen so I can chuck Fennekins all over the GTS, cos that seems to be all people want for the later in the game 'mons =P Fun fun fun!

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So I've finished the story. It definitely felt longer, but that can be thanked to the things to do before every gym. I especially liked the gap between the first and second gyms. Overall a great story, although I wish the Team Flare Scientists were utilized more in the story. I mean, some of them you saw once and they were done.

Just gone and caught myself a Zygarde. I got all excited to get there and forgot I didn't have many Pokéballs. Luckily, with a bit of determination, I got it in the end! It's HUGE!

saldu

I just caught 5 Honeedges hoping for at least a non-hindering nature.
All 5 of them had Bold nature.
Then I noticed my Kadabra has Synchro.../facepalm.

Currently resetting for a decent IV'd Adamant/Jolly Event Torchic xD A Speed Boost Mega Blaziken seems too good to have as "Very Finicky" and Docile in nature =P RNG is not liking me at the moment though...getting trolled by a LOT of "Special Attacker" natures and IVs -.- Also trying to breed my Braixen so I can chuck Fennekins all over the GTS, cos that seems to be all people want for the later in the game 'mons =P Fun fun fun!

How can you get the torchic already? What Timezone are you in? The Event officially starts at 1 a.m. on saturday.

How can you get the torchic already? What Timezone are you in? The Event officially starts at 1 a.m. on saturday.

Serebii has it up as available now on the front page of the site =) I'm in the UK so it's only Friday afternoon here. I'd try downloading it now if I were you too, just to see if you can get it too =P What's the worst that can happen eh?

ohjeezitskim

What's the characteristic that means it has good IVs in Attack? I want to SR for an adamant one too, but since it's low level the IV's won't be as accurate as one at level 50.