• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Just beat Team Flare and captured Xerneas with a single Quick Ball.... Is it seriously Attack based? I know its sp. Attack is still high but I would have thought otherwise. Fairy needs more Physical moves.

Anyway's just reached the Waterfall / Mine town heading out to the final gym, but first going back around the map to do some Super Rod Fishing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I battled against several trainers on Route 22 and I had a tough time since they used many different types of Pokemon. I eventually reached the Victory Road entrance but obviously I couldn't pass through there yet. I picked some items around the route, then I went back and I battled Pokemon in the tall grass. I caught a Litleo and a Psyduck there and I went back to Santalune City to swap Pokemon. I formed a team consisting of Froakie, Pikachu, Fletchling, Bunnelby and Litleo and I trained at Route 22 for about 30 minutes in order to level up my team. I also went to Route 3 to train but the Pokemon there were too weak to yield much experience. After training, I went to the Santalune City Gym and I saved inside.

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
Decided to go ahead and stop hatching eggs for a moment and to go ahead and horde them until I fill up all my boxes, THEN start hatching them. Trying to figure out where the Oval Charm is in the meantime but that's pretty hard to figure out...

BluePingu

A current total of 200 Goomies, and still no shiny :K

I swear I will get one, my Goodra, Lilac, needs a friend!

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Just defeated the Elite 4 and Champion! They were all pretty easy except for the fact that my team does not deal well with steel types.

My champions:

-Topie the Venasaur lvl 66
-Mental the Meowstic (male) lvl 66
-Persia the Jolteon lvl 66
-Po the Goodra lvl 67
-Clawitzer lvl 66
-Wigglytuff lvl 71

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just recently defeated the 4th gym leader Ramos in Courmaline City. I now have 4 badges total, and here is the team lineup I've been using.

Lvl 42 Blaziken
Lvl 41 Sylveon
Lvl 39 Chesnaught
Lvl 39 Blastoise
Lvl 38 Lucario
Lvl 37 Pidgeot

After I left Courmaline City I caught a Dugtrio, Trapinch, and Gible on route 13. I also battled a few Team Flare members and I defeated them. Later tonight when I get home from work I shall journey into the Power Plant.

Last edited:
Defeated Clemont.Got a dusk stone on that creepy route and evolved Doublade.Thinking of putting a wild Goomy I caught on my team but the evolution requirements are inconvient for me.

Mufasa

Recently been breeding adamant scythers with perfect attack ivs and high ivs in other stats. If anyone wants one before I start breeding something else pm me and ill add you as a friend and trade. I'm looking for an adamant munna with the ability synchronize, (any adamant pokemon with the ability synchronize really), a timid one, or tyrannitars mega stone. If you don't really have any of these don't worry about it ill still give you an egg. I just really need one lol

Still plugging and chugging away at the Chateau, but in the meantime, with all this money I'm making, I sold out all the store-bought TMs and quickly realized, I had more of them than I thought I did. I also found another place to get specialty Poké Balls besides the boutique in Lumiose. Why do they still have Dive Balls when it's no longer possible to use the Dive HM to catch Pokémon in undersea kelp beds?

Aurath8

Levelled Rotom to level 36, and pressed on into Frost Cavern. Rotom is a lifesaver in Sky Battles, as Sky Trainers always have ridiculously varied pokemon, often having moves/pokemon to target other flying types. Its nice to see some classic ice puzzles back, but one really interesting element is that thanks to diagonal movement, puzzles just got a lot more interesting. My pokemon reached about level 40 before I found Team Flare. Tyrunt was still lvl 38 though, because I was doing this at night. After heading out I tended to my Berry Garden, and planted the Lum Berry, fresh for mutation. All I need left is a Figy Berry for Grepa berries, and I'll have grown all 6 EV reducing berries.

Once daylight broke I hopped on my 3DS. I caught a Sneasel on Route 19 and that gave enough capture exp to evolve Tyrunt. Now all 6 members of my team are fully evolved. However, once I saved in Anistar there was one more thing I had to do. I went to the 2nd floor of Sycamore's lab and changed Rotom into Rotom-Wash. I wish it learnt Surf, but I'll make do with Hydro Pump. I'm considering using a Wide Lens with Thunder and Hydro Pump though. And with that, my team was officially complete.

While in Lumiose I stopped by Boutique Couture and bought a Fedora. Thanks to powerlevelling Rotom, I went all around Kalos battling trainers and stealing the money, and in the end I amassed over 300,000P. I spent it all on clothes. As you do. I am finding it hard to part with my zipped jacket and outdoor cap though, so I'll start dressing like that after Snowbelle I guess...

Tended to my Berries again. I've now just grown the second generation of EV berries, giving me about 30ish of each bar Grepa and Tamato(since I just got a Lum Berry).

Tsutaja1996

So after around 1 hour and 150 encounters, I found my Shiny Frogadier in the Friend Safari! ^^ I'm soo happy, Greninja is my favourite shiny and Pokemon! ^^

1385263_10201789372072818_1033497853_n.jpg

Chaosthunder

Just killed a Shiny Weepinbell in a Horde battle while EV training my Gible... Didnt notice it was Shiny until i KO'd it..

du1387

Exploring Sinnoh
Just bought a 3ds and X today. On route 2 currently, attempting to train the 6 pokemon I've caught to at least level 10. Very impressed with the graphics.

iTarTar

So apparently Cascoon which is not a poison until after evolution is found in the poison safari.

Yay! Aegislash and Delphox finally hit Lv.90! Gawsh, I love Duchess Furisode Girls in the Chateau! Three Lv.45 Audino provide decent EXP for their level. Even Marchioness Furisode Girls with two Lv.35 Audino give good EXP! Currently trying to get my Tyrantrum to Lv.90 using my Lucky Egg, he's Lv.89 now. Azumarill just hit Lv.97, Heliolisk is Lv.96, and Venusaur is still lagging behind at Lv.86. Also, the money I'm making is quite fantastic, I easily made back my 100k investment of a Gold Writ of Invitation, and then some! I'm well on my way to Grand Duke at this rate! Haha!

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Let's see I EV trained and leveled a Garchomp and a Florges, just need to find a good timid Haunter now. I want to have a large and diverse box of competitive Pokemon to draw from.

I also received a Togepi from a wonder trade and am breeding bold ones for competitive use. I caught a shiny spearow from friend safari but it had a timid nature... just as bad as my shiny oddish with a jolly nature (sigh).

golda068

Shiny Hunter
After fish chaining a total of 61 chain I found him!!First shiny since diamond version! :)

7D5077DE-28FB-40F9-A9A3-488DF0F8A804-10868-00000CD2EEF6DCCD_zps1e0b6739.jpg

I've done so many things in my game thus far. xD I defeated Elite Four a little after a week of having the game. I spent a lot of time breeding for a shiny furfrou for my friend, to little avail. Then work got in the way, so my progress was further slowed.

Besides that, I've picked up chaining once again. My efforts have netted me a shiny female modest eevee so far and I have tons more to chain for. :) I'm MMing for an Espurr but may be doing friend safari for it instead. Less annoying!

I'm playing Y currently but I have X, its waiting in the wings for when I finally get my team together. :)

Tommyb2405

After fish chaining a total of 61 chain I found him!!First shiny since diamond version! :)

7D5077DE-28FB-40F9-A9A3-488DF0F8A804-10868-00000CD2EEF6DCCD_zps1e0b6739.jpg

think i might try this chain fishing :p nice shiny too