• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Tommyb2405

Currently MMing for shiny Charmanders :p so will be Wonder Trading all others i hatch :)

carmstrong

Just got my shiny Haxorus to level 100, now gonna work on Vaporeon who will not take long at all. It's at level 75 but it is traded, full affection on amie, and holding lucky egg

Mr.FusRoDah

Got a Protean Froakie level 1 in a trade yesterday, bought the final two kanto starter mega stones, hoarded all of the known mega stones, and caught all the legends, aside from the 3 birds.

JohnnyC

Hey! I'm new to the site and i'm looking for friend for my friend safari, i would also like to know what my 3 pokemon are (i've beat the E4).

My friendcode: 2277- 6820 - 1992

dragonskull

Dark trainer
Just defeated the elite 4 and champion after 45 hours of gameplay. I like to slack but I've always played through the story somewhat slow :p The EXP.Share made it so that I was always 10-15 levels ahead of the content I was running around in :p

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well then people!
you want news?

HERE YOU GO!

There are bugs in Friend Safari Which can give your pokemon an random ability.
Like Pikachu with Dark Aura.

It is really weard just check this out: http://bariokie.tumblr.com/post/64967506403/intellivision2-proof-that-with-a-decent-friend

I'd like to have this in the glitch section.

So If and mod here sees it Please put it in the glitch section.

That link just shows an Eevee with Anticipation as its ability... which is not a glitch.

Where is the Pikachu with Dark Aura u speak of?

Last edited:

carmstrong

Three level 55 Audino from battle chateau give just under 15k experience each, curious how much I'll get once I get the final rank and get the highest writ of challenge
Edit: forgot to mention this is with a traded pokemon with max affection on amie with exp o power and lucky egg

Last edited:

XGallade

Well then people!
you want news?

HERE YOU GO!

There are bugs in Friend Safari Which can give your pokemon an random ability.
Like Pikachu with Dark Aura.

It is really weard just check this out: http://bariokie.tumblr.com/post/64967506403/intellivision2-proof-that-with-a-decent-friend

I'd like to have this in the glitch section.

So If and mod here sees it Please put it in the glitch section.

That link is just of someone who's apparently mad at gamefreak for making perfect IV's with a good nature and a hidden ability no longer nigh-impossible to get. Not sure why you'd be angry about that, but whatever. No Dark Aura pikachu there, lol.

------------------------------

In any case, after about 420 eggs, I finally did it:
A Shiny Modest Ralts, with 31 IV in Attack, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed.

Already EV trained it as well, and gave it Gardevoirite. I now have a perfect Shiny Mega Gardevoir! (Or well, as perfect as it gets) <3

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
HNI_0072_zps53313994.jpg

It was just yesterday that I finally fought the Elite Four. It was, to say the least, an awesome experience. My team, although nervous, performed supperbly in the battles.

Dororo, my starter Froakie who is now a Greninja, teamed with my Pikachu, Moco-Gin to wash out Siebold's water team.

My Garchomp, Dire Miralis, couldn't resist going toe-to-toe with Drasna's dragon team, and with the help of Warhound, the Lucario who joined me, they were able to hunt the legends down.

Wikstrom's team clashed steel with En Passant, my defiant Bisharp, and was thereafter purified by Wrathion, the sun bringing Charizard.

And finally, I was able to wipe out Malva's smug look after I blased her team off with Moco-Gin. She couldn't believe each one of her team was defeated by a Pikachu, and it was even not with her level.

-----------

As I floated up to face the Champion, I remembered that my heart pounded like a Hariyama doing Belly Drum. I squinted my eyes as I entered the bright room.

There, waiting for me, was the the Pokémon champion. After a few words, we finally let out in the clandestine room.

Dororo faced off against a Hawlucha. The Fighting-type put my now part Dark in a disadvantage. However, Dororo now had an Ice Beam in his arsenal, and him being the quicker attacker promptly knocked out the enemy in one volley.

She then sent out her Tyrantrum (which, for some reason, I keep reading and calling "Tyrant Rum". Must be the pirate in my blood. Arrr.). Big and bad, it unfortunately also had a quick end with an Ice Beam.

The next Pokémon, an Aurorus, made me recall the match in the Cyllage City Gym. Grant's Amaura gave me a lot of problems back then, so I decided not to take chances with it's grown up version. I called out Warhound, and promptly ordered a Close Combat. I crossed my fingers that it will work, and Warhound didn't disappoint, knocking out the frozen dino in one swift move.

The next Pokémon, a Gourgeist, went down with a Shadow Claw. Pretty disappointing, actually.

Dire Miralis wiggled in her ball, demanding to be let out. She sensed a dragon coming into the field, and as the Champion called out her Goodra, I called my bad girl out on the field. She was, however, disappointed as she was expecting a good match. One swipe with her Dragon Claw caused the kangragoon to fall down senseless.

Moco-Gin wanted in on the battle, so I called him out for the last match. It was against a Gardevoir, and while a little bit mismatched and underlevelled, he was still confident despite his modesty. It was to our surprise, however, when the Gardevoir began to shine and become enveloped in a metallic sphere. A few moments later, a Mega Gardevoir appeared. Moco-Gin, shaking away his surprise, fired a Thunderbolt, but was fired back upon by a Moonblast, causing the electric rodent to faint.

Wrathion, after having his best friend knocked out, quickly got out to avenge him. He looked back at me and nodded, and feeling his emotions, I reached out for my Mega Ring. Our wills attuned, he also invoked his Mega Evolution, turning into a Mega Charizard Y. He called upon the sun to shine through the windows even at night, causing the already bright room to dazzle. He then breathed out a powerful Flamethrower, feeding from the already harsh sunlight. The Champion's Mega Gardevoir succumbed to the fiery attack.

And with her last Pokémon down, the match comes to an end, and the end of the Pokémon League challenge.

-----------

It was a happy day. There was a big celebration in Luminoise, and our own personal feast back at home with my mum and friends.

I can't believe it was only yesterday.

But today I'm wearing black in a snowing city. Celebration was the farthest thing in my heart and mind right now.

Just this morning I received a letter. It told me to drop by Anistar City so I can pick up my Pikachu. I remember leaving Moca-Gin to keep an old man company.

I continued reading the letter. It mentioned that the old man has passed away, and was very thankful for Moca-Gin's love and companionship...

I flew on Wrathion to Anistar City. I went to the old man's house, and in the middle of the empty house was a lone Pokéball with the a letter attached to it. I called out Moca-Gin, and she had a very sad look in her face. I hugged her as I read the letter. She clung to me tight as she nuzzled her cheeks at my neck.

Still holding her, I slowly walked back to the Pokémon Center. Near the entrance a girl approached me, saying that she'll tell me all about Moca-Gin's memories. She told me about our meeting in the forest, how I caught her while Mico-Gin was training. She told me about how she spent time with the old man.

And finally, she told me that she "remembers that it got teary eyed." That was when the dam burst, and Moca-Gin let out a very loud and wet cry at my shoulder. I consoled her with the help of Nurse Joy inside the center.

Later we went to the old man's grave. Moca-Gin sat on my shoulder, her now few tears mixing in the ground with mine. I knelt down and thought about the many times I went back to play with her in his house. How unassuming he was when he told me that I could take her back, even if he was very lonely without his wife. And how this all happened so near my victory in the league.

Maybe if I didn't win and become champion maybe he would still be alive today. Maybe if I took her back before I challenged the league then we would be spared the grief.

Maybe...maybe...

A hand touched my shoulder. Startled, I turned around and saw a huge man behind me. His features looked scary, but on his face is a bittersweet smile full of understanding.

"Don't let death lead your life. A short time filled with love is many times greater than an infinity of grief and despair."

I broke down. Crying loudly, I hugged this man whom I barely knew yet felt a great connection. This man asked me for understanding through his grief. But right now, he is my pillar of comfort.

-----------

If there is only one thing I will be pleased with Pokémon X and Y, it's about the story. As a player since Generation I, it gladens my heart to see that Pokémon has finally matured into a game which now handles the aspect of death. Pokémon is a game where death is cheap, as a Pokémon only "faints" and not dies. But X and Y has shown that death is real, and that it too has an impact in the lives left behind.

TV Tropes say that the theme of this generation is "Beauty", but I will have to disagree. I believe that this generation's theme is about life and death, about loving and moving on.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So.. At this very moment, I am in a fierce battle between my Blastoise and a Vileplume, and that little sh*t Paralyzed me. The thing Mega Drains me so it heals just so my Strength don't kill it off.
I don't really know why it does so. Eventually, I'll switch out to TalonFlame, Delcatty or Blaziken and destroy it.

NOBODY BELIEVES IN YOU, VILEPLUME!!!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I still have to go to the Power Plant and continue with my journey in there, but I'm also gonna be starting up my shiny hunt for Lapras today via masuda method! I really hope luck is on my side, and this hunt don't go on for a very large amount of time. Since I still have to beat the storyline, I'm gonna be treating this hunt as a side hunt.

Cisco100

So i was looking for for Gallade on the GTS to complete my Central pokedex and i found one. I dont remember what i traded it for but i got one. Later i went into my PC and was just looking over my many pokemon. I just happened to scroll acroos te gallade and apparantely it had Pokerus. I was a bit excited. Now i have spread the pokerus to several of my Pokemon (Some intentionally and other unintentionally).

axlefoley

Yay just caught my 1st shiny using Chain Fishing, it was Magikarp but now I get Red Gyarados & Mega Red! And the chain was only 15.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Woo! I'm having a load of fun with my Pokémon Y game, I've got 7 of the 8 badges, I got a shiny ;316; at around my first badge (I managed to make it evolve so it's now a ;317;) and I am currently in the Winding Woods.

This game is amazing! Good job Nintendo and Game Freak! 10/10.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
We decided it was time to go save the world and all those shenanigans, something we've been doing for the past 15 or so years. Anyways, we flew to Lumiose City and went straight to the Flare Cafe, where we battled two of their grunts and found a secret passage to Narnia! We went down that way and saw Lysandre, who told us a bit about Team Flare. After fighting a ridiculous amount of trainers we got the key and went to the 2nd floor, where once again we met Lysandre... and AZ! AZ told us a pretty awesome story and asked us to save the world which we decided to do. After beating this scientist he lied to us and still pressed the button for the super awesome weapon, which took off in Geosenge Town. We flew there and fought a grunt who was blocking the way to their HQ. At their HQ with the help of Serena and Shauna and after battling another ridiculous number of trainers we got to the bottom, where we fought and caught Xerneas with one Ultra Ball! We then went on to beat Lysandre thanks to this overpowered team I got. The world had been saved, and it was time to continue through route 18, Couriway Town, Route 19 (after an awesome reunion with Shauna, Trevor and Tierny) and then got to Snowbelle Town. Unfortunately, the gym leader isn't here, so we took a break.

X Team:
652.png
- level 65 (Chespo)
663.png
- level 69 (Fletcho)
681.png
- level 66 (Excalibur)
702.png
- level 66 (Kero)
693.png
- level 69 (Zoidberg)
706.png
- level 64 (Randall)

carmstrong

Just got my second shiny Clauncher through chain fishing, if anyone wants it to trade for any other shiny then pm me