• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I'm currently trying to level up Gabite so that it can evolve into Garchamp, which I can use the stone to mega evolve it to see it.

Recently, in the GTS, I found Aegislash they put up and they want Goodra in return, so I immediately traded my Goodra for Aegislash, so that I won't have to use the Dusk Stone. :) Goodra was just one of the random level up pokemon to fill out the Pokedex.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After catching the level 70 Mewtwo at the Unknown Dungeon, I obtained the Mewtwonite X item from the cavern floor and I found a hidden Oval Stone in the cave before heading out again. Once outside, I used Fly and I returned to Anistar City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center since my team had suffered injuries while they battled against Mewtwo. I purchased some items as well and then I went back outside after swapping Pokemon. I wanted to try out Mewtwo against wild Pokemon, so I flew to Snowbelle City again and I battled wild Pokemon in the Winding Woods. After trying out Mega Mewtwo X, I swapped Pokemon again and this time I flew to Laverre City and I saved the game there.

MercyMe

I beat the league for the first time today. It was... really easy, but I expected as much since my Pokemon were 75-80. (Too much grinding at the Battle Chateau)

Current Team:
Greninja (Mercy) Lvl: 80 -> 83
Blaziken Lvl: 75 -> 77
Blastoise (Bowser) Lvl: 75 -> 77
Lucario (Bruce) Lvl: 75 -> 77
Haxorus (Tussy) Lvl: 75 -> 77
Ampharos (Dolly) Lvl: 75 -> 77

Post game I will be going back to all the routes to make sure I haven't forgotten anything, filling up the pokedex, and hunting for shinies. By the way would anyone like to swap friend codes? I don't yet know my safari type.

My Name: Briana
My Code: 2036-7714-5665

MercyMe

EDIT: Just learned my safari type is GHOST.

Shuppet
Pumpkaboo
Golurk

Add me if you'd like. PM me and I'll add you back.

BrianOnLineID

Got the voltage badge. Beat my rival again. I like that you get to face your rival so many times, but I wish she was more of a challenge. Right now I'm training a Goomy, Jolteon and a Staraptor to lvl 40 and I will add one or two of them to my team.

Violent Red

I've been training up my second generation team.

A few of the members in my team are the direct descendants of the Pokemon that accompanied me in my battles against Team Flare and my first victory over the Elite Four.

Of the original six, Durzo my Greninja, my first Pokemon and champion of my team, sired a Froakie with Protean as his ability. His name is Aral (named after Aral Kingslayer of the Broken Blade series by Kelly McCullough), and I've EV trained him in SpA and Spe and he's now at level 70. He promises to outshine his legendary father.

Robyn, my faithful Talonflame who has also been with me from the start delivered a baby Fletchling who we named Freya (The red Dragoon from FFIX, aptly named for the way she divebombs her opponent from the sky). Freya is special because she has Gale Wings as her ability. She is EV trained in Atk and Spe and is currently sitting at level 52. Like Aral, promises to outshine her legendary parent Pokemon.

Finally, Goofy, my Heliolisk has fathered a Helioptile named Papalymo (named after the funny little Lalafel in Final Fantasy XIV). He is currently sitting at level 50 and is EV trained in SpA and Spe. He promises to be a solid member of the team, as his father was.

And now for the newcomers.

Tantrum, my fierce Tyrantrum, has retired from Pokemon battling and has been replaced with a beautiful Goodra, named Bubblegum. She has Gooey as her ability and is EV trained in HP and SpA. Her movepool is diverse and she has proven to be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Off the field of battle she is very motherly towards the rest of the team.

Phoebe, the beautiful Florges has retired from battling with the rest of the original six.
She has been replaced with a little Mawile who goes by the name of Yda (Pronounced: Yee-dah, named after the Pugilist in FFXIV - cute and ditsy, until she brings out her massive steel knuckledusters). Yda is something else... out of battling she is the darling of the team, sweet and charming... in battle is another story. Yda has the ability to Mega Evolve and she tears apart teams. Her raw power is something I've never really seen before.

Finally, Lucario has retired and made way for Greenscale, my wise Venusaur. EV trained in SpA and HP, he is a tank that also has the ability to Mega Evolve, although he often leaves that duty to Yda. When he does Mega Evolve he is extremely hard to take down, as he has ways to recovery with Giga Drain and Leech Seed. He also has the invaluable ability to put opponents to sleep with Sleep Powder.

All in all I am really pleased with the progress of my new team. We will continue training and eventually we aim to defeat the Battle Chatteau.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Ok. So here is the dealio with my Pokemon X. I have been training up Gengar, Sligoo, and Hippowdon. While also EV Training Scyther, and Azumarill.
I also caught a OG Bunny by the name of Bunnelby, like this thing is real bro, OG Kushing all day with his ears that are hands. Time to rip it up with Diggersby tho. LEGGO!

XXD17

Draco rex
Just got done dumping a whole box of ice punch sneasels over wonder trade...if you got a level 1 sneasel bred for speed and attack with ice punch, it's probably mine...also, there seems to be a large amount of froakies coming from Japan...I just got one with protean!

pikachu54549

So, spent about 3 hours trying to find an Ekans horde for the Pokedex. Didn't find a single horde. Then I take a break from hordes for training and find not one, not two, but THREE Scyther hordes IN A ROW! (I'm lucky aren't I? But I wasn't looking for Scyther because I already had one. :))
Anyways, still looking for a Spiritomb safari and maybe a wild Sableye or Zweilous.
Plus, working on evolving Pokemon to their final forms. Just got done with Krookodile, Lanturn, and Pidgeot.

Last edited:

Shiny Budew

I've been catching female Synchronize Ralts (trying to get one of every nature). So far I have 9 or 10 out of 25.

Caught two Jolly Cute Charm Skitty (one male and one female) for when catching Pokemon with skewed gender ratios and I don't care about nature. Possibly breeding in the case of the male.

Also have been hunting for good nature female Combee (have a Careful one, looking also for Impish) and white flower Flabebe (Have a Bold one).

I've also been failing miserably at collecting Vivillon patterns lol *shrugs*

Last edited:
Just found a shiny Luvdisc when I was farming for heart scales. My first shiny in X and Y and it is one of the worst pokemon in existence. I guess it is better than no shiny at all, but it's still pretty lame.

ImpendingChaos

Just finished exploring the southern half of the Lost Hotel as well as Route 16. Next stop: Dendemille Town!

(I really need to update my signature. I currently have six badges and evolved my Doublade into Aegislash immediately after he learned Sacred Sword.)

Lorde

After visiting the swampy areas of Route 15 and obtaining the Dark Pulse TM after I used Waterfall, I returned to Laverre City and I did some trades with my sister's Y version since I was planning on restarting my X version soon. I went back outside after finishing those trades and I flew to Couriway Town again. I headed north through the red flowers on Route 18 as I made my way to Terminus Cave again since that's where the Legendary Pokemon Zygarde was hiding. After entering the cave, I had Raichu use Flash to expand my range of view, then I wandered around the first floor while battling wild Pokemon. I eventually used a Max Repel, and then I found an Escape Rope and battled against a Hiker to the south.

Kalosian

So long
With my newly obtained Synchronizers, I went to the Friend Safari to catch new Ditto. I caught 9 different ones, but only three of them had the natures I wanted, one for each nature. What's even worse is that two of these three had one of their perfect IVs in Attack, the only stat I didn't want. I should have continued by catching more, but I wanted to get started as soon as possible so I decided to not catch any more and be satisfied with what I had gotten. I started with my breeding, what I will breed is Flabébé, I started with the one I caught on Route 7 earlier and bred it with my Bold Ditto. Once I got a Flabébé with one perfect IV, I switched Ditto for Dedenne and replaced the old Flabébé with the new one, the new Flabébé had a Bold nature as I used an Everstone. With them, I quickly obtained another Flabébé with 4 perfect IVs, and using it as a parent, I got another one with 5 perfect IVs, every stat but Attack, just what I wanted. I could be satisfied here, but I will continue by using it as a parent instead since I think that will be the best possible thing in order for everything to work as I have planned. Will continue tomorrow.

AtomicStarrHawk

A few weeks ago, I was in one of my school classes (it was a free class period so it didn't really matter if I had my 3DS out or not). I came across a horde of Gulpin, one of which was shiny! After trying to cautiously figure out which one in the five was the shiny, I managed to take out the four. After lowering the shiny Gulpin's health significantly, I used a Pokeball and successfully got it!

Lorde

After defeating the stray Hiker I found inside Terminus Cave, I continued wandering around until I found some stairs that took me to another part of the cavern. I passed by trainers that I had previously defeated, then I used Rock Smash near a mine cart and found the Shadow Ball TM and I made my way into another cavern I had previously visited when I first explored the cave. I found the set of stairs that had previously been blocked and I wandered around a maze-like chamber. I found a Lustrous Orb in a patch of grass to the right, then I went north and got a Big Nugget. I also found an Adamant Orb and finally a Griseous Orb. I then headed to the center of the cave and I encountered Zygarde waiting there.

KikoKo

Chrom ♥
Got a Shiny Symbiosis Blue Florges. The blue shiny is really pretty o3o

I finally got a Shiny Shuppet - Adamant, Insomnia, 31\29\30\31\13\31
thats pretty much the game for me now. Mass hording shinies xD
I'm thinking of helping a friend collect shinies for a giveaway c:

I may go to the battle maison and get all the battle items later.
And get around on collecting the TMs

FireChick

I FINALLY got my Amaura to evolve into Aurorus! I got the 6th badge from Valerie (dang she was hard to beat!), liberated the Pokeball factory, and made it to Dendemille Town. I also got a Ditto, a Chespin, a Pumpkaboo (now Gourgeist), and Spritzee from GTS! I can breed Pokemon now! I just need to get some Ralts from the GTS.

BrianOnLineID

Got the Psychic badge! My team is: Greninja, Gardevoir, Charizard and Aggron lvl 54. A jolteon lvl 55 and a Sliggoo lvl 45. Also found out my friend safari is an ice type with Bergmite and Snorunt!