• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

What's the characteristic that means it has good IVs in Attack? I want to SR for an adamant one too, but since it's low level the IV's won't be as accurate as one at level 50.

"Likes to thrash about" is the Attack one IIRC, which I have only had on 1 Torchic so far that was Modest...*sigh* Good luck in your resetting! =D

ohjeezitskim

"Likes to thrash about" is the Attack one IIRC, which I have only had on 1 Torchic so far that was Modest...*sigh* Good luck in your resetting! =D

Thank you! Hopefully mine won't take too long lol. That's quiet unlucky lol. Hope you get a good one soon :3

JW1004

Just picked up my game and choose Froakie! Never really picked the water one on my first playthrough, so will be interesting

saldu

Now also soft resetting for a decent torchic.
But I don't think I'm even going to use it during playthrough.

What's the characteristic that means it has good IVs in Attack? I want to SR for an adamant one too, but since it's low level the IV's won't be as accurate as one at level 50.

Thank you! Hopefully mine won't take too long lol. That's quiet unlucky lol. Hope you get a good one soon :3

Characteristics don't guarantee anything.
You could have "likes to thrash about" and have an attack IV of 1, when everything else would be 0.
Yes, it is the only one that can be 31. But it can also be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31.
Just use the IV Calc.
If you have an adamant one that likes to thrash about and it has 20 att; = 26 IV, if it has 22 = 31 IV.

Mania Gow

Charizard X user
i got my copy earlier today and 5 hours later still on route 3 i found myself a male shiny burmy well thats a nice start

Redhood34

i got my copy earlier today and 5 hours later still on route 3 i found myself a male shiny burmy well thats a nice start

That's pretty lucky! What colour is the shiny?

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
when soft resetting how many times do you have to do it to get a shiny, - noob question i know but i havent done soft resetting

Mania Gow

Charizard X user
That's pretty lucky! What colour is the shiny?

its just a little darker, i wouldnt notice it at all if i didnt saw the shining part, it evolves to the moth if male and then its wings will be blue in the tips, its a average miscrit for a shiny, not going to use him in competitive gameplays but i will train him for fun

Aegon

Upon reaching Aquacorde Town, I chose Froakie as my starter. I proceeded to catch many Pokémon, then made my way through Santalune Forest. I spent quite some time on Route 22 searching for a male Litleo, but I didn't bother catching the first one as it had Rivalry. However, the second male I encountered (about forty minutes later) also had the ability of Rivalry. I gave in and caught it, then trained it in preparation for the Gym. The battle against Viola was very unexciting. My Fletchling defeated her Surskit, while Litleo took on Vivillion. With the Bug Badge in my possession, I healed my Pokémon and saved my game.

Current Team
Froakie (Omi) ♂ Lv. 12
Fletchling (Rowena) ♀ Lv. 12
Litleo (Tywin) ♂ Lv. 14

Question the Quilava

Holy! Ambush!!!!
About 4 hours in. Got my first badge and I've explored a bit of Lumiose City. Recently, went searching around Route 5 for a Male Panchamp (Which wasn't as frustrating as searching for a male Litleo, but I digress), then a shiny Bunnelby showed up! I managed to catch it too, so needless to say I'm well chuffed!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I can only find female Litleos... they aren't exclusive, I hope..?

Aesir22

Got X and Y 8 hours ago, currently playing X
Got 1 badge at the moment and training at route 7.

Team:
Braixen, F, Lv 29
Fletchinder, F, Lv 23
Espurr, M, Lv 15
Furfrou, F, Lv 16
Honedge, M, Lv 14

Pokedex: Central Kalos: Seen 59, Obtained 11

Characteristics don't guarantee anything.
You could have "likes to thrash about" and have an attack IV of 1, when everything else would be 0.
Yes, it is the only one that can be 31. But it can also be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31.
Just use the IV Calc.
If you have an adamant one that likes to thrash about and it has 20 att; = 26 IV, if it has 22 = 31 IV.

Yeah I'm aware of this, thank you =) I was going for the "Check for Characteristic then proceed to IV check if the right char comes along" method =P Long drawn out process, I know but so worth it <3

Bundy

got a german gible of wonder trade for a japanese bunnelby I got earlier o_0