• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
hm. that sounds smart. I have a timer ball too tho, so if i dont OHKO, then i could be in the clear... I Cant miss this catch!!!
EDIT: My friend may be able to use a Catching O-Power on me... If that works, thatd be huge.

dman_dustin

I love Blue Florges, she is one of my favorite Pokemon and it's really strong, actually I think its my strongest Pokemon, at her level of 53.

Her Sp. Defense, good god, I love it so much.

Disappointed about Floette's moveset though, I had Fairy wind too long, and I had to wait until after Valerie to get Dazzling Gleam or even Moon Blast.

Does anyone know what level I should evolve Doublade, it's already at level 46 and I am eagerly awaiting Aegislash. Also working on my Sliggoo as well.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
so i got the game at 6 yesterday,stayed up until 11 playing it,and oh boy,it lived up to my hype.so i choose chespin,later on got squirtle.i beat the first three gyms.but my levels are out of whack,ranging from 21 to 28,it throws me off by a lot.can't wait to get to the 4th gym.but i am really enjoying this game,more than white 2.
my team:
inkay 21
quilladin 27
fletchinder 24
honedge 26
furfrou 27
wartortle 28

richi3f

Bug Catcher
After 4-5 hours in Santalune Forest, I finally caught a Jolly Weedle! Took me this long because Weedle is rarer in Y! As soon as I caught Weedle, I EV trained him, his EV spread is 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spe. My Frogadier's EV trained too, he's Modest and has this spread: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe.

I'm pretty impressed by this game! I couldn't believe the detail put into it (it looks so much better in the console than in YouTube, it's a huge leap from B2/W2) and there are so many neat and handy features (such as clothing customization and super training). I can't wait to try new clothes (I just earned the first badge, so I haven't had the opportunity to try new outfits).

Current Team:
657.png
015.png

Wishlist:
209.png
690.png
701.png
694.png

dman_dustin

so i got the game at 6 yesterday,stayed up until 11 playing it,and oh boy,it lived up to my hype.so i choose chespin,later on got squirtle.i beat the first three gyms.but my levels are out of whack,ranging from 21 to 28,it throws me off by a lot.can't wait to get to the 4th gym.but i am really enjoying this game,more than white 2.
my team:
inkay 21
quilladin 27
fletchinder 24
honedge 26
furfrou 27
wartortle 28

The thing that pisses me off about these games, are the horrible movesets.

Floette doesn't learn anything good until the 40's range with moonblast.

Frogadier doesn't learn anything decent until it evolves into Greninja, and reaches near level 50.

And Fletchinder, didn't have anything good until I taught it Fly after it evolved into Talonflame.

Oh but no, my Charmeleon, it had both Fire Fang and Flame Burst before it evolved.

Horrible movesets, for some of my Pokemon, it was honestly ridiculous and infuriating. But I'm over it now. And I have to agree, about the games, these games are just so drastically superior to their past generation counterparts (with of course some exceptions).

Edit: My favorite parts of the game are: Trainer Customization (even though I don't really have anything good), GTS anywhere you want (outside of battle, I think), the Pokemon sprites, and the moves themselves. Seriously I LOL when my Greninja uses water pledge because it one swift motion, it causes the water pillars to rise in direct motion to its sprite animation, hits the opponent and if it knocks it out in one hit, the HP bar depletes as if the Pokemon only has 1 HP, all within like a few seconds.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
No one will help me...! Shiny Miltank waitng for a friend to use a Capturing O-Power on me. Do I have to use slash; it's four levels lower than me!!!!!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well as of now I am currently at the 5th gym and got the game Friday night.
My team-

Chesnaught- Lv 43

Pangoro- Lv-43

Slurpuff- Lv-43

Sableye- Lv-42

My future catches will be Lairon and if I can get one through a trade soon Manectric. And if not maybe Goomy, or a Noibat most likely.

Lukechu

Is Jolly like the best mood for Pokemon?

If so, why is that?

No. It raises Speed and lowers Special Atk.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Well as of now I am currently at the 5th gym and got the game Friday night.
My team-

Chesnaught- Lv 43

Pangoro- Lv-43

Slurpuff- Lv-43

Sableye- Lv-42

My future catches will be Lairon and if I can get one through a trade soon Manectric. And if not maybe Goomy, or a Noibat most likely.

I can give you a free Noibat?:3

1435-4430-7268

And yours?

Last edited:

sunny phoenix

my team:
inkay 21
quilladin 27
fletchinder 24
honedge 26
furfrou 27
wartortle 28

yes i posted about this too, i am in 3rd gym and i ahve 2 42 level pokemon and the resta re close.... and i am not even trying to level up :/.....

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Really liking this game (will like it even more once poke transfer comes out).

I've just gone through the Zubat Roost (geez its a long gap between the 1st and 2nd gyms), my current Squad is:
- Quilladin at lvl 21
- Floette at lvl 20
- Charmeleon at lvl 21
- Honedge at lvl 18
and a Zigzagoon at lvl 6 with Cut and its Pick-up ability!

What I really like about this game is the Pokemon diversity and how every route has its own Pokemon. Having all the early game rodents/birds/bugs togther helps make the game feel like its got a real ecosystem with variates of species living together in their own niches. The down side being that if you don't encounter a Pokemon there's a good chance your miss it.
I also love doing the wonder trades, got myself a Japanese Smergle now!

The only two downside so far are....
1. Has it always been this slow to level up? I miss my Lucky Egg.
2. Tried an online battle thinking it would find me someone around a similar level..... NOPE! How did that guy have a level 50 Garchomp already! My poor level 16's at the time never stood a chance.

EDIT: Oh! Better post up my Friend Code

Last edited:

Lukechu

Senrab

I just got to the part where I battle Yveltal, I'm resetting for one with a good nature.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm currently at the Parfum Palace looking for that guy's furfou. Current Team:
Fluff Tail the braxion lv 20
Pekoe the pancham lv 15
Skiddo lv 15

Kalosian

So long
Explored the rest of Route 5, battled some more trainers, picked up some more items and caught a Pancham. I arrived at Camphrier Town and explored it. I got a lot of items from various inhabitants of the city, this is like the town of generosity or something. I couldn't exit to the west since a man wanted me to go check out the Castle first. I went there, and when I arrived, I met Shauna again. There was also two men there, they told us that something was "back" and headed out to Route 7. We followed them to see what it was. As we arrived, we found out that a Snorlax was sleeping on the bridge. It seems like Kanto isn't the only region with this problem. In order to wake up this sleepy beast, we need to get a Poke Flute. And according to the two men, one can be found in the Parfum Palace north of Route 6. So we headed there.

I went up to Route 6 and battled the trainers here that I could battle. As we arrived at the palace, we had to pay a large sum of money in order to get in. The guard said the money goes to keeping the palace in shape, so I guess it's for good use though. When we entered the palace itself, we met a man who had lost his Furfrou. Which means we have to search for it as we are nice people who help others without expecting something in return. Although this time we needed to get the Poke Flute as a reward. I searched through the Palace but couldn't find the poor Pokemon anywhere, so I went out to the palace garden (or what it now was called). I searched there, and found a lot of items including the HM for Cut, which I guess I'll use at various points to cut down trees, I have seen a few at earlier routes already. I also saw some really cool statues of Reshiram and Zekrom, a person in the garden also suggested that there is a connection between Kalos and Unova, which is just awesome. In the northwest corner of the garden, I found the Furfrou, and Shauna arrived to help me. We managed to catch it, but I found it rather hard since it took me a while to figure out how to get it. After that, the owner arrived and was very happy that we caught it, so he put up a firework show for the two of us which was quite cool. We also got to borrow the Poke Flute, so now it should be possible to wake up that Snorlax. I headed down to Route 6 again, going to explore the side parts with grass this time. I entered the right one and battled a trainer there as well as caught a Honedge which I am considering adding to my team, not sure yet though. Will explore the rest before heading down to Route 7 again.

Team:
Frogadier - level 22
Litleo - level 22