• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

dman_dustin

The only two downside so far are....
1. Has it always been this slow to level up? I miss my Lucky Egg.
I'm not finding much of an issue especially with trainer battles and Exp Share. Lucky egg is found in Coumarine City's hotel by the way.

3. Still not getting what Super Training is about? What's it doing that Vitamins/fighting Pokemon that give out the correct EV's aren't? .
It's free, and a lot more fun and depends less on fighting specific Pokemon. I also think its faster because you aren't looking for specific Pokemon, but I know nothing about EV training, so just ignore what I just said.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Today was a tough day for my X playthrough, but I'll get there. After getting to route 5, I saw on Serebii the Pokearth and realized I missed a few Pokemon. I went back and caught Riolu, Farfetch'd and a few more, except for Abra (damn teleport!) and Combee because I kept finding male Combee's and gave up. Took me like 1 hour to find Riolu though. Anyways, I explored Lumiose City afterwards, a lot of Style shops... Love the hairdresser though! I went back to Route 5 and started fighting trainers... and then I thought using Squirtle wouldn't be too bad, but I wanted to use a Kalos only team. I had Squirtle with me but I was thinking between both options. I cleared Route 5, and found Trevor and Tierno. I fought Tierno's level 12 Corphish and won. I got to Camphrier Town, and explored it. I visited the castle, and met Shauna there. We then saw some guys needed help in route 7, so we went to the Parfum Palace. After reading a few posts, I decided not to use Squirtle after all though.

Pokemon X Team
Quilladin - Chespo - Level 22
Fletchinder - Fletcho - Level 21

Lukechu

TheEliteEmpoleon

I made it to Shalour City, through that stupid cave. I beat Korrina and got the Mega Ring, as well as Lucario. Now I'm about to gead out to the next route.

Team:
Frogadier 35
Firebird (Talonflame) 36
Benedict (Diggersby) 33
Excalibur (Honedge) 33
Amaura 32

xDWarrior

I just battled Snorlax that was blocking the path on Route 7 (I got the game yesterday morning but I was with my girlfriend and best bud most of the day so I couldn't play it all day sadly). Just before this battle my lovely Charmander evolved into Charmeleon.

Current team:
Charmelion level 17
Pikachu level 16
Frogadier level 20

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I'm not finding much of an issue especially with trainer battles and Exp Share. Lucky egg is found in Coumarine City's hotel by the way.

Egg-cellent (Yep I did just type that). Cheers for that I'll make sure the hotel is my first visit upon entering the city. Although still need to get to this 2nd gym yet.

I just battled Snorlax that was blocking the path on Route 7 (I got the game yesterday morning but I was with my girlfriend and best bud most of the day so I couldn't play it all day sadly). Just before this battle my lovely Charmander evolved into Charmeleon.

Urgh that Snorlax would not stay in its Ultra Balls. So I gave up an fainted it. I do love how even if it did stay in its ball I'd still get the exp from it.

Last edited:

aerial_ace

Finally got my 6th member- skrelp althouth he's got about 10 levels to catch up ... The fact its so slow doesn't help

Also thinking to evolve floatte cus she starts to lag behind its only so much you can do with one fairy wind ....

Team so far
Chestnaught lv 42
Talonflame lv 41
Doubleblade lv 39
Amaura lv 37
Floetter lv 37
Skrelp lv 27

KalosChampion

Just arrived in Dendemille Town. My team:
Greninja, Lv. 46- Water Shuriken, Strength, Power Up Punch, Surf
Talonflame, Lv. 46- Acrobatics, Fly, Flame Charge, Peck
Venusaur, Lv. 46- Razor Leaf, Double Edge, Petal Dance, Vine Whip
Tyrantrum, Lv. 43- Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Thrash
Klefki, Lv. 36 (In Training)- Crafty Shield, Foul Play, Dazzling Gleam, Mirror Shot

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Finally got my 6th member- skrelp althouth he's got about 10 levels to catch up ... The fact its so slow doesn't help

Also thinking to evolve floatte cus she starts to lag behind its only so much you can do with one fairy wind ....

Any Idea where you find the dusk and Shiny Stones ingame? Outside of Super Trainning

dman_dustin

Egg-cellent (Yep I did just type that). Cheers for that I'll make sure the hotel is my first visit upon entering the city. Although still need to get to this 2nd gym yet.
It's a girl with a Marill next to her that gives it to you.

Urgh that Snorlax would not stay in its Ultra Balls. So I gave up an fainted it. I do love how even if it did stay in its ball I'd still get the exp from it.

I actually caught my Snorlax, not sure what I did though. But yeah experience from catching a Pokemon is awesome. Next they should include experience points from wild Pokemon that flee from battle causing the battle to end, or using dragon tail of the sorts (at least give some experience to make up for the fact I used moves Gamefreak).

Krauxus

Really liking this game (will like it even more once poke transfer comes out).

The only two downside so far are....
1. Has it always been this slow to level up? I miss my Lucky Egg.
2. Tried an online battle thinking it would find me someone around a similar level..... NOPE! How did that guy have a level 50 Garchomp already! My poor level 16's at the time never stood a chance.

EDIT: Oh! Better post up my Friend Code

I'm finding levels pretty fast. I almost have a level 50 and I'm only at the 4th gym, the rest of my Pokemon are around level 35-40. The EXP share does wonders.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
It's a girl with a Marill next to her that gives it to you.

I actually caught my Snorlax, not sure what I did though. But yeah experience from catching a Pokemon is awesome. Next they should include experience points from wild Pokemon that flee from battle causing the battle to end, or using dragon tail of the sorts (at least give some experience to make up for the fact I used moves Gamefreak).

Yeah, maybe half exp to account for it only being half a battle.

I'm finding levels pretty fast. I almost have a level 50 and I'm only at the 4th gym, the rest of my Pokemon are around level 35-40. The EXP share does wonders.

Maybe it was jut because in the early routes its things like Weedol and Zigzagoon what give so little upon defeat/capture. Maybe as I move towards the 2nd gym it will start to speed up. Maybe I should also turn my EXP Share back on :)

Also for anyone that may be wondering the 2DS is really good valve for money.

Last edited:

aerial_ace

#mechabulba
I found shiny stone in the area where you ride skiddos. u must ride skiddo to get there. No idea where to find dusk stone though

dman_dustin

Yeah, maybe half exp to account for it only being half a battle.

Maybe it was jut because in the early routes its things like Weedol and Zigzagoon what give so little upon defeat/capture. Maybe as I move towards the 2nd gym it will start to speed up. Maybe I should also turn my EXP Share back on :)

Also for anyone that may be wondering the 2DS is really good valve for money.

Unless there's a downside to Exp Share, I don't know about, you probably should.

Full 100% experience to anyone who partake in the battles, and half of that to those who don't partake, and no such thing as split shared experience any more, leveling up is awesome.

I question the supposed level 50 at level 4 gym, unless it's one of those Pokemon that level up quickly and experience is only going to it. Not sure when I reached level 50, but it was some time around Valerie.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I finally found a Timid Helioptile! She has Sand Veil, which is awesome!

I really can't wait till I go on a mass Ditto capture spree/trade the ones I have over to X so that I can start breeding the natures/characteristics I actually want.
My Charmander X took about 4 attempts for it to not be focused on Sp. Attack. Eventually got a defensive one and thought that'all do. Could not be bothered to battle them starters another time.

Unless there's a downside to Exp Share, I don't know about, you probably should.

Full 100% experience to anyone who partake in the battles, and half of that to those who don't partake, and no such thing as split shared experience any more, leveling up is awesome.

I question the supposed level 50 at level 4 gym, unless it's one of those Pokemon that level up quickly and experience is only going to it. Not sure when I reached level 50, but it was some time around Valerie.

I never knew that, turning it straight back on! I thought it was still the oldschool style of 100 exp for you and 3 exp for you.

Cheers

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I never knew that, turning it straight back on! I thought it was still the oldschool style of 100 exp for you and 3 exp for you.

Cheers

Experience Share is my favorite thing to keep all my Pokemon around the same level, before you know it one of your Pokemon reaches the next level.

Evolving Inkay however, if that's your plan you should be careful, with the whole needing the 3DS to be rotated. So if you want Malamar, I'd keep a good look on Inkay, and the moment your battling Pokemon is gaining experience, flip the 3DS around (only if. If you're not using Inkay). If you are using Inkay just battle with the 3DS rotated upside down, until after the battle and Inkay evolves. If you don't care about Inkay or Malamar, then feel free to ignore this.

By the way I should tell you trainer battles are definitely preferred over wild battles even with Experience Share and lucky egg combination (not sure if Lucky egg works if your Pokemon isn't partaking in the battle though). Especially at higher levels.