• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
A wonderful thing happened in my game yesterday. I was breeding a National Dex team for fun, started to breed team member number four, Shinx. I wanted semi good IVs and nature (because more I know how to do it I just can't help myself) and on the 15th or so egg I got a shiny! It's the second hatched shiny I've got in the whole game series and I wasn't even trying :) So lucky! It has 4 IVs but it also has the rivalry ability so it won't be in my team. Still, one more for the collection!

The smile on my face that evening... :D

Try using an ability capsule on that shiny Shinx, if I remember it will change its ability to intimidate.

Anyways, I traveled to Lumiose City and played the lotto. After winning a PP Up I decided to head to the friend safari to hunt for a shiny Manectric with a good nature. I found a Naive Pachirisu with it's HA but still no luck in the Manectric department. I then grew bored and hatched another 90 Honedge eggs, none were shiny so I tossed them into my pokemon bank. This brings me to about 27ish boxes full, I think I will stop filling it with Honedge when I get up to 30 boxes.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I got a crazy idea in my head, something I'd never thought I'd do, complete the national dex, can't be that hard. I have all the event pokemon apart from Shaymin. Turns out it is that hard, I've stopped for now after obtaining the original 151. But damn, all those Le wow battles, all that breeding, all that evolutionary item obtaining. I'll probably come back to this at some point, do it in stages (johto mons are next), but for now I'm done.

That said it is a lot easier in this Gen to do it, levelling up is easier with the exp share, le wow and having a Audino/Chansey in one friend safari. Also being able to trade for pokemon you haven't seen on the GTS is a god send, managed to get Xerneas for an Entei and a Groudon for a Ho-oh (Xerneas/Groudon were the only legendaries I didn't have which you need for the dex). Also it seems the Japanese will trade almost anything for a Garden Vivillon, so if I'm missing anything I can't be bothered to catch/evolve/breed I normally just put a vivillon up for it and get my pokémon within a minute. It's useful having a Vivillon friend safari.

I am training up my Riolu on X. I just have it in my party and keep on re-challenging the elite 4/champion. :) Pretty easy really.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Completed my national dex this weekend, got my shiny charm. Back to MM & IV breeding now, hoping this charms up my chances on a shiny.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
I used my masterball on Yveltal (SR for good nature/IV spread).

Traded for a new one last week, using that one to capture mewtwo (again for nature/IV spread)

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So today I did a bunch of wonder trades and didn't get much back in return.

I also had a random battle with a acquaintance he used mewtwo/yveltal/zekrom/celebi/ mega alakazam/ salamence
My team was galvantula/nidoking/ shiny charizard y/ shiny greninja/ shiny honedge/ dragonite
I used sticky web first turn and then pretty much swept his entire team with greninja lol I didn't even get to use my other team members.

First time trying out this team so I'm kinda hoping I get more people asking for battles so I can test it out properly :p

Well back to hatching beldums for now.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After arriving in Coumarine City and riding on the monorail after swapping Pokemon, I spoke to the girl by the peninsula. I answered her quiz and I obtained the Confide TM from her afterwards. I then visited the incense kiosk by the shore and purchased a Lax Incense and a Wave Incense there and then I headed out to Route 12/Fourrage Road after purchasing those. I Surfed north to Azure Bay in order to do some fishing around there with my Super Rod. I encountered a wild Octillery during that and caught it in an Ultra Ball, then I hooked a wild Alomomola which I also caught. After that I returned to Route 12 and headed back to Coumarine City. After swapping Pokemon again, I flew to Dendemille Town and saved.

bigbro223

Okay, I just had a crazy online battle. I sweeped through Dialga and Palkia using an Outrage Garchamp, and just happened to land Blizzard on a Giratina with Abomasnow. Arceus came in and sweeped my team, but Abomasnow hung in with 2 HP left. I used Ice Beam to take it out, winning a Ubers match with just Garchomp, Abomasnow, Gengar, and Scizor.

And they say Ubers are too overpowered.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well lets see, in Y i recently hatched a shiny Litleo timid with unnerve, missing speed iv at 31 but i bet its 30 so its ok i'll accept it.

I bred a 5iv chespin for my 4th X run and ev trained it and send it to X through pokebank. Gosh gotta love Bank now =D

And with working on X just for fun and possibly have random teams different from my main online game which is Y, i am off to fighting Korrina, and probably going to use my sylveon that has hyper voice thanks to me bringing an eevee from white 2 over having its HA and yeah hyper voice

Kokuei

Thanks for suggesting the Ability Capsule, I wondered what that did until now.

I was EV training a few Pokés in the Frost Cavern on the train ride home, kind of annoyed that the slow train was going super slow and I wasn't really paying attention to the hordes I was encountering. Then as I lured another horde with my Oddish I happened to catch the sparkle of a shiny from the corner of my eye! I let the camera cycle through views for a minute or so and confirmed that I had definitely found myself a shiny Smoochum :)

Two shiny ones in two days, this may be my week! Thank you, slow train! Without you I wouldn't have had my 3DS on long enough to encounter it.

Last edited:

Lorde

I arrived in Dendemille Town and I headed north to Frost Cavern. I wandered around the frozen terrain and I eventually arrived at the cavern where the Abomasnow was. I looked around the cave and found the Scizorite Mega Stone there. I headed back out of Frost Cavern after that and back to Dendemille Town. I wandered out to Route 15 afterwards and encountered Articuno in the grass. It fled though and I searched Route 15 and Route 16 for the Articuno again, but I didn't find it. Instead I wandered around Route 15 some more and I Surfed and used Waterfall when I arrived at a waterfall along there and I picked up a Stone Plate. I headed down the waterfall again and searched the grass for Articuno again.

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
So I finally got one of every legend :D ... some people on the SPP-Wifi were kind enough to trade their Genesect, Meloette and Keldeo with me :D :D

Then an amazing person in the chat traded me all 5! of the Y exclusive Mega-Stones that I needed for some legends.

So now I am going through the Battle Maison trying to get all the items I need for my teams.

:D :D

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Today I hatched and boxed another 90 Honedge bringing my total hatched to 2474. I have to wonder why I easily got a shiny Mienfoo and Togepi while Honedge has been so difficult. After hatched the eggs I did a few wonder trades I tire of filling my pokemon bank with aforementioned Honedge. I then did some friend safari and caught a shiny naive Manectric with 3 IVs which I am now training. Just waiting on Honedge now in order to create a fully shiny team. Someday...

After receiving the 2nd badge and pokemon up to lvl 40 listen. I spent a solid day in the battle Chateau. I have opponents up to lvl 40 &45 against me now. I spent ab 150k at the Chateau. But I have net 400 k to 500k.

I went ahead to Geosenge town. And Shalour city. All 20 of my pokemon are lvl 37-39. Ready to face the gym and press forward.

POISON
Nidoqueen 41, Nidoking 38, Skorupi 36, Toxicroak 38, Roserade 39 , and Gengar 38

BEARS
Ursaring 39, Beartic 38, Pangoro 39, Electabuzz 36 , Hawlucha 37

DRAGONS
CharZard 41, Gyarados 36, Gabite 38, Aerodactyl 37, Tytantrum 35

STEEL
Scizor 38, Metang 36 , Empoleon 38. I have an Aggron w/ Head Smash lvl 65. Dialga and Heatran. Idk if I should breed a Exadrill.

STATUS / MIXED
Raichu 38, Galvantula 38, Ninetales (shiny) 39, Houndoom 40, Sealeo 39

Not sure where to post this but since it happened today I'll put it here.

I had transferred over some Pokemon that date back as far as XD, it appears that these ex-shadow Pokemon cannot be traded on GTS. You will receive the same message you get when trying to trade Event Pokemon. I tried this both with the legends AND normal ones. The ribbon they get after purification seems to prevent the trade.

Lorde

I kept wandering between Route 15 and Route 16 since my Pokedex indicated that Articuno was in the vicinity. I kept wandering around the tall grass and battled against Pokemon while waiting to encounter the Articuno again. As I moved east towards Dendemille Town along the tall grass, I eventually encountered the wild Articuno once again. It fled as before, so I had to search for it some more. I headed south to Route 16 since the Pokedex said Articuno was there and I searched the grass patches again. I battled against more wild Pokemon as I got closer to the southern entrance of the Lost Hotel, then I encountered Articuno for the third time. I used the Pokedex again and journeyed between the two routes.

Sprat93

Not really recent but the other night I did some chain fishing and caught myself a Shiny Politoed and Shiny Gyrados

I got all my Chesto Berries harvested, and now I'm just collecting the daily ribbons from the lady who goes around to the hotels and gives them out. I'm just missing Downcast Ribbon on X, which I can get tomorrow.