• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aetius

Right now I'm breeding a Beldum.
It isn't easy but I have almost finished and I just can't wait to have a flawless Beldum. :D

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I lost a double battle on the battle spot to someone using a kekleon and an ambipom. :( i feel like maybe i would have had a chance if RNG was on my side at all. The guy critted my Jolteon with fake out with a normal gem and KO'd it... :/ pretty much ruined my plan.

I battled someone the other day on Battle Spot who had a Kecleon, and it was really difficult to kill. I wonder if it was the same person. It's not like a lot of people use Kecleon. I think I won the battle though.

In Y I answered questions on the Pokemon from Bonnie and then challenged Clement to a gym battle. I won. :) He gave me the badge and so I continued on my journey... I also met Prof. Sycamore at the red building. (cant remember the name...)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After encountering the wild Articuno for the third time, I activated a Max Repel to avoid weak Pokemon in the tall grass around Route 16 while I searched for the wild Articuno some more. After about 10 minutes I gave up using that method and just casually explored the rest of the route. I wandered through tall grass and made my way back to Route 15 and I found Articuno for the fourth time. I flew to Camphrier Town after that and visited the Berry Fields again and tended to my berries there. After watering a few with the Sprinklotad, I headed over to the Pokemon Day Care on Route 7 and left some Pokemon to train. I then flew back to Dendemille Town and continued to explore Route 15 and Route 16 some more.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
X update: Defeated Ramos with Sylveon and Charizard (Mega Charizard X). I have decided before going to continue on since i brought over a spare 6iv ditto from y adamant natured and my female protean froakie i will replace my first froakie (now a gredninja) with a protean adamant one. Going to hatch a few eggs and see which one has the right ivs by transferring it to Y then ev training it in Y then will bring it back to X then continue my quest to stop team flare for the FOURTH time in the power plant. Gotta love doing X for the 4th time because of PokeBank

Lorde

After running between Route 15 and 16, I encountered Articuno some more and then I knew that Articuno had returned to the Sea Spirit's Den after checking my Pokedex. I quickly flew over to Coumarine City and swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed out to Route 12. I Surfed north on the water towards Azure Bay and I re-entered the Sea Spirit's Den in the middle of the bay and battled Articuno. I slowly weakened it without fainting it, and I eventually caught it in an Ultra Ball. After I caught the Legendary Articuno, I left the Sea Spirit's Den. I flew to Anistar City and swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and bought some items, then I flew to Couriway Town next and I saved the game there.

BladeWulf

After taking a break from the games for awhile (and this site), i've picked them up again just in time to get Pokebank and have been steadily transferring my White 2 pokes to my Y game.

After that, i may transfer my X game team to Y then restart X again. Or just buy another Y game when i get the money. (shrug)

Transferred over some more pokemon, now I am in the works to get my national dex completed. Up to 5 hundred and something. I decided that I may continue to get the shiny gible on black 2 (any suggestions for nature?)

Lorde

I obtained the Gyaradosite Mega Stone in Couriway Town, then I flew to Snowbelle City because I wanted to explore the Unknown Dungeon that was located west of Route 20. I entered the Winding Woods and wandered around there again until I arrived at the yellow flower meadow at the Pokemon Village. I had Blastoise use Surf by a stream there and also had him use Waterfall so that I could get my hands on the Psychic TM that was on a ledge up there. Afterwards I found the entrance of the Unknown Dungeon. Once inside, I walked towards the Mewtwo that was in the cavern and I battled against it. I had a tough time weakening Mewtwo, but I eventually captured it in a Dusk Ball after I had Raichu paralyze it.

I emerged victorious at the Shalour City gym, then I went to battle Korrina once again to obtain my Mega Ring.
I caught Pachirisu on route 12, will be looking for the rest of the wild Pokemon next.
Received Lapras from the breeder on Route 12.

Lorde

After capturing the wild Mewtwo inside the Unknown Dungeon, I picked up the Mewtwonite X item that was nearby and I also found an Oval Stone in the back of the cave and then headed out. I had Aerodactyl use Fly and I flew to Anistar City again. I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and added Mewtwo to my roster after stocking up on Ultra Balls. I then went back outside and I visited the local boutique and looked around and purchased clothes. I went over to Route 17 to try out my new Mewtwo. After Mega Evolving it into Mega Mewtwo X and battling various wild Pokemon, I flew to Couriway Town and swapped Pokemon again. I then wandered north to Route 18 in order to visit Terminus Cave next.

I decided that I may continue to get the shiny gible on black 2 (any suggestions for nature?)
You should go for Adamant or Jolly.

I have just started IV breeding. It's a slow process, but it's extremely worthwhile. Soon I will start training all of the Pokemon I have bred and they should be battle ready. My latest breeding project was for Honedge.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Today I hatched another box of Honedge and then proceeded to wonder trade about 2 boxes of 4-5 iv quiet ones in luxury balls. I then Finished training my shiny Manectric and caught a shiny Ponyta in friend safari whilest hunting for a Charmeleon. I kind of wish that I would get a shiny Honedge... I'm nearing the 3k mark...

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
I decided to take a look at Super Training. I never thought EV training could be more easy! It's a boring proces though, battling is more entertaining. But this is a good way to avoid making a mistake or getting 'wrong' EV's unintentionally. Also I can reset the EV's of the Pokémon I bred when I didn't know anything about Natures, EV's & IV's and what not. So that's nice. For now, I'll try to get a strong team for competitive battling, after that I'm thinking of doing some exploring. I have to admit, I kind of rushed through the story.

I got my all my pokes around lvl 40. Made one last stop at the Chateau for some cash. Went back to Shalour City. Entered the gym for the first time. It took me a minute to figure it all out. I was avoiding the trainers skating because everyone was lvl 39. Sure enough they popped me right over so Hawlucha ( Rey Mysterio ) lvl 32 took control for the gym leader. I swords danced as meditite used power up punch. Then Bounced their heads off the ground for a sweep. Lvl 32 Hawluchas squaring off in the final was exciting.

I saved then started messing with some super training and got a Reset bag. So I'll be Ev training someone next time I play. Who should I choose tho ???

Hawlucha , Toxicroak , Tyrunt , Celebi , or Electabuzz ??? Only 5 with me not Ev trained.

Ima check out a guide now. See whats on the horizon.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I got my all my pokes around lvl 40. Made one last stop at the Chateau for some cash. Went back to Shalour City. Entered the gym for the first time. It took me a minute to figure it all out. I was avoiding the trainers skating because everyone was lvl 39. Sure enough they popped me right over so Hawlucha ( Rey Mysterio ) lvl 32 took control for the gym leader. I swords danced as meditite used power up punch. Then Bounced their heads off the ground for a sweep. Lvl 32 Hawluchas squaring off in the final was exciting.

I saved then started messing with some super training and got a Reset bag. So I'll be Ev training someone next time I play. Who should I choose tho ???

Hawlucha , Toxicroak , Tyrunt , Celebi , or Electabuzz ??? Only 5 with me not Ev trained.

Ima check out a guide now. See whats on the horizon.

I'd vote tyrunt-he's the only non evolved one, could use some bulking.