• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Drummerdude

Just got through Glittering Cave for the first time. Really like the point of view. I chose the Jaw Fossil and added the Tyrunt to my team as well as an Inkay I captured earlier. I may go back and capture some Pokemon I missed or just head out to my next destination. It's cool that there are 5 routes before the second gym city, but that means so many Pokemon to catch.

Quilladin Lv25
Fletchinder Lv25
Inkay Lv18
Tyrunt Lv20

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
For any of you that have read the original Japanese dialogue for Hiker Andy in Pokemon Black on the ferris wheel, I found his friend in Shalour City who speaks of his love for ferris wheels and him finally finding "love" O__O I wonder why thats here in the English version?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well, still no Shiny Pokémon yet, but just beat 6th gym, evolved Goomy into Sliggoo and am in Lost Hotel ATM. Also anybody else find it ridiculous what people are asking for Pokémon over the GTS?

ihartsnape

Evil Dark Lord
Things are still going very well in my game. I still haven't even been to the second gym yet. Today has mostly been about breeding and trading.

I started my day off with a bunch of Scatterbug eggs. I hatched all but one (left it in the PC) and then leveled them up to level 12 together. After evolving them all into Vivillon, I traded them on the GTS. I've managed to get the following patterns: Modern (my region), Polar, Marine, Elegant, Continental, Garden, Meadow, and High Plains. I got a spare Continental and High Plains so I traded one of them for a Ditto.

Then I headed to Connecting Cave, catching Pokemon along the way. In Ambrette, I visited Glittering Cave and got Old Amber and a Sail Fossil. I gave them to the man in the fossil museum for Aerodactyl and Amaura. Then I traveled back to the Pokemon daycare where I bred Amaura with Ditto for two eggs. While hatching those, I bred my Charmeleon with Ditto for two more eggs and finally Frogadier with Ditto for two more eggs. One of the Amaura babies I traded on the GTS for a Tyrunt. I kept the other to give to a friend. I traded the two Charmander babies on the GTS for a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur. I also traded the two Froakie babies for a Chespin and a Fennekin. I also caught a spare Swirlix which I traded for a Spritzee.

Now I think I'll continue on my way toward the second gym. I'm trying to catch some Pokemon I missed along the way. I finally managed to catch a Smeargle after failing multiple times because he kept killing himself.

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
Finally got my Skrelp! Life is good

Vizion

My Blaziken reached Level 100 WHOOP.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
I cant wait till I can bring my Zekrom in...

RinseWash

I thought i'd actually get to confirm if I wanted to trade or not in a wonder trade...I just lost my shiny combee...I am so mad right now...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Been trying to get past the Punk guy in Lost hotel but can't find the Rollerskate guy in Lumiose to teach me moves so I can get past the guy, anybody know where the guy is?

chuy409

I need help guys! Sorry if this is not part of the forums for this but i cant find mega stone for mawile. I onow its upstairs in the left. I even saw a video in the exact spot where it is and nothing. It is 8:21 pm so what gives? I need it fortheE4

JD

Recently, I beat Korrina in both versions.
X Version
Frogadier 33
Tyrunt 32
Gogoat 33
Litleo 32
Sylveon 32
Badges: 3

Y Version
Quilladin 33
Wartortle 32
Alakazam 33
Helioptile 31
Badges: 3

iTarTar

My Sligoo is Lv. 54 and I can't find any rainy areas! If anyone knows a place (I tried route 14, nothing) or is in a place, please help!

iTarTar

Thanks, is there a lot of dialogue in Coriway town? I haven't gotten there yet, I caught Xerneus recently.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Just taught my Lv. 49 Charizard "Heat Wave" before it even leveled up enough to learn it naturally via the move reminder. I also had the option to teach it Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, and Air Slash. Sort of a tough choice I guess lol.

abdulmuhsee

Just finished the game; here was my team:

Chesnaut (lvl 90)

I went with the tried-and-true method of fattening up a single Pokemon and just swept the competition away. Now the long waiting game begins to transfer all of my guys.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Defeated Ramos. Is it just me, or are the gym leaders not that hard? I'm sure there's a challenge mode somewhere, but I think you unlock that post-game or something. The only gym leader I've kinda had any form of a "challenge" was Korrina, and that's not counting the Mega Evolution battle. The gyms are much more interesting than the leaders, honestly. So anyway, all of my Pokémon except for Pikachu (which I was training due to being a bit under-leveled--Super Training is awesome) are fully-evolved, and I'm currently in the power plant. Shouldn't take me too long to get through, though considering I've got about 14:38 down on my log, and I got my fourth badge not too long ago, it wouldn't surprise me if these side-quests are the reasons why this game is rather long. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but I got my fourth badges in White and Black 2 in no more than several hours, not half a day's worth.

Of course, I am technically taking my time... and the grunts of Team Flare are ridiculously stupid, probably dumber than Rocket grunts. If they're not talking about being "stylish" or "fabulous" or whatever, they're being very forgetful and just taunt you. There better be a reason for their stupidity, or I'm just going to be very concerned as to why it is these evil villains like to hire stupid people to carry out their work. No wonder their plans always get foiled by ten-year-olds...

Also my new favorite quote: "I tried to hide in here, but I think I got stuck..." - Power Plant worker

Current team:

Delphox - lvl. 37

Azumarill - lvl. 38

Pikachu - lvl. 37

Venasaur - lvl. 37

Vivillon - lvl. 38

Pidgeot - lvl. 38

Gym badges: 4

TheEliteEmpoleon

I made it to a city that I already forgot the name of, and took down the sixth gym leader. Goomy wasn't too helpful though, since its the Fairy type gym. I started to go into the pokéball factory, and then saved and went to bed, because ai have football in the morning. I got through a lot today. Five gym badges in one day is not too shabby!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Played something like 4 hours and barely progressed. Hahaa. I basically went from the Glittering Cave events to Ambrette Town to Cylage City (butchering these beautiful names) and discovered Super Training inbetween. Then I did some Pokedex research on Route 10.