• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Chazzmoso

The ONLY Emokitty!
Picked up my copy of "Y" earlier and picked Fennekin.

I shortly picked up a Fletchling afterwards, then proceded to mess around with the "Super-Training" feature.
Spent about an hour looking around Santalune Forest for a Pikachu.
Gave up after running to about 30 Scatterbugs.

I then picked up the Event Torchic from the Woman next to Nurse Joy, put it straight into the Box, because I wish to have my first run through the game with only Kalos Pokemon.

I got the 1st Badge and the EXP share, This will help.

Now I gotta find Kalos Pokemon I want that isn't another dang Fire type.

Got my copy by mail yesterday, but had unfortunatly next to no time to play.
However I have played quite some time today and just got to Coumarine City. Completely random that i found the Lucky Egg, but that will surely help a lot.
My team right now:
Greninja 44
Charizard (M-Charizard) 41
Doublade 35
Helioptile 33

The two remaining spots are left open for now, I use a Diggersby for Cut and Strenght when needed, and I think I will catch a Skrelp to fill a spot on my team now.

Franzo

Mania Gow

Charizard X user
guys is there a female torchic from the event? i would like to make eggs to hold the hidden ability and have better IV´s but im not finding any female at all and its been a while

Tommyb2405

Just received an Axew and a Pikachu over Wonder Trade :)

Last edited:

Sorakh777

Serebii says the torchic event is live, but when I try to receive gift in the game, it says there is no gift.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

saldu

I just fought a horde battle against 2 zangoose and 3 seviper.
When it started, I thought at first: "what? Aren't hey supposed to be enemies? And now they gang up against me?!"
Then, in the first turn, they started attacking each other, ignoring me.
So awesome.

guys is there a female torchic from the event? i would like to make eggs to hold the hidden ability and have better IV´s but im not finding any female at all and its been a while

Similar Events with DW abilities have always been male only. I also soft resetted the current torchic more than 60 times for a good IV spread (no luck so far) and 0 females. It's almost certainly fixed gender.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
-Started in Y due to GAME breaking streetdate.
-Picked Froakie, named him Dart.
-Did stuff until first gym.
-Went whole hog with the Trainer PR thing.
-Trying to get to Parfum Palace, stumbled across a shiny Roselia on route 7.
-Caught most of my final gym around Glittering Cave and the town next to it.
-Road to 2nd gym was long.
-Going through Reflection Cave now.

Team thus far;

-Dart the Frogadier (Lvl 34)
-Combusken the slave (Lvl 31)
-Bucky the Inkay (Lvl 23)
-Tyrunt the Tyrunt (Lvl 26)
-Anton the Charmeleon (Lvl 28)
-General the Helioptile (Lvl 24)

I've beaten the game and caught Mewtwo. Also gone over to Kiloude City.

I'm particularly keen about the fashion in this game and it shocked me when I totalled up the cost of all the items in the "Boutique Couture" in Lumiose City.

From my notepad document:

Lumiose City - Boutique Couture

Tie-Neck Blouse - Red - $100,000
Pleated Skirt - Red - $80,000
OTK Socks - White - $800
Bow Shoes - Black - $85,000

Shirt and Tie - Blue - $120,000
Bold Striped Pants - Blue - $180,000
Saddle Shoes - Brown - $110,000

Trench Coat Dress - Beige - $300,000
Single-Stripe OTK Socks - White - $2,500
Bow Shoes - Black - $85,000

Strappy Purse - $200,000

Felt Hat - $40,000
Hat Ribbon Acessory - White - $20,000

Total: $1,314,300

Have seen Zapdos running around right now, and someone in Kiloude City gave me a new dress for looking feminie (also a requirement for entering the Boutique in Lumiose City) so I'm wondering about new clothing available elsewhere in game and also how to unlock the different hair colours.

Floette

Fennekin
I proceeded to my bed, where I saved my life file because I was still grieving over my lack of X and Y.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Picked up my game earlier today! Haven't done much yet though. I chose a male character and named myself Caulfield (after the main character of The Catcher in the Rye) and chose Chespin as my starter, partially because my brothers chose Fennekin and Froakie haha :p My friends now call me 'Your Highness', which I find amusing. I beat Shauna and went back home, and told my Mum about my adventure. She seemed eager to let me go (and interested in Sycamore's handwriting), and that's where I stopped for now.

Caulfield
- Chester (Chespin) - Lv 6

Badges: 0

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
got my game at midnight and have been playing it since. currently:
Zero; time - 2:39
currently on route 4 training
1 badge; 31 pokemon seen
current team: Bulbasaur Lv.11 (Kinboshi), Combusken Lv.16, and Frogadier Lv.16 (Kaeru).
going to evolve bulbasaur then head on. feel free to add me, my friend code is in my sig, if you do leave a visitor message or shoot me a pm w/your friend code letting me know you added me. I have y in case you ever need to trade for exclusives.

P.S. this game is beautiful so far, really well done. the pacing is perfect the leveling is well balanced and it's just amazing.

jwla

I chose Froakie and named him Cecil. I caught a male Bunnelby (he's Digger) and a female Scatterbug (Dusty). Dusty won't be around long after she evolves (she's a Spewpa now). I also caught a Litleo (Prince) who helped me out in the Santalune City Gym. I bought a black knit hat with my winnings, and went on to catch a Flabébé, I accidentally nicknamed her "G" (I'm tired hahaha). She's yellow, but I think I want red (or orange if they exist). If I catch a red instead, I'll name her Poppy. For now, though, it's bedtime. Good night!

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
So far I did the following:

Starter: Froakie, named him Hanzo

Team:
- Froakie Lv. 11
- Spewpa Lv. 9

Pokemon Caught:
- Weedle
- Pidgey
- Fletchling
- Panpour
- Pansear
- Pansage
- Pikachu
- Caterpie

And still in Santalune Forest >_<

got my game at midnight and have been playing it since. currently:
Zero; time - 2:39
currently on route 4 training
1 badge; 31 pokemon seen
current team: Bulbasaur Lv.11 (Kinboshi), Combusken Lv.16, and Frogadier Lv.16 (Kaeru).
going to evolve bulbasaur then head on. feel free to add me, my friend code is in my sig, if you do leave a visitor message or shoot me a pm w/your friend code letting me know you added me. I have y in case you ever need to trade for exclusives.

P.S. this game is beautiful so far, really well done. the pacing is perfect the leveling is well balanced and it's just amazing.

How early in the game do you get Torchic

MrDuck

So here I was running through the flowers on route 5 when I suddenly encountered a black Furfrou with red eyes, my first shiny :p. Are they less rare or something this game?

And it's adamant natured :D.

Last edited:

thefirstcarter

Dragon Tamer
I chose Froakie and named him Cecil. I caught a male Bunnelby (he's Digger) and a female Scatterbug (Dusty). Dusty won't be around long after she evolves (she's a Spewpa now). I also caught a Litleo (Prince) who helped me out in the Santalune City Gym. I bought a black knit hat with my winnings, and went on to catch a Flabébé, I accidentally nicknamed her "G" (I'm tired hahaha). She's yellow, but I think I want red (or orange if they exist). If I catch a red instead, I'll name her Poppy. For now, though, it's bedtime. Good night!

the name rater is in the third pokemon center you come too (not yet familiar with all the new names lol) if you decide you want to keep the yellow. just a fyi :)