1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Dresden

Dresden Pokémon Master

Yeah, there are a few shinies that look pretty awesome... they all seem to be black. Charizard, Rayquaza, Greninja. I hate the shiny for my favorite though - Scizor shouldn't be olive green.

Lots of shinies are just so barely different from normal that you could easily miss it if you're not paying attention.

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So I battled against Korrina by using one of her own Lucario against her. My borrowed Lucario Mega Evolved into Mega Lucario at the start of said battle and it beat Korrina's other Lucario with a couple of Power-Up Punch attacks, which were very effective. After that battle, I spoke to Korrina and I was given the Lucario that I used as a gift. Afterwards I left the Tower of Mastery and I headed south towards Shalour City once more. I visited the Shalour City Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon on the PC and to purchase items, then I headed out to Route 12 next and I met my buddy Calem there. I obtained the Surf HM from him which would allow me to ride on my Pokemon across water. I taught it to Golduck and saved.

3. Nightshade Aran

Nightshade Aran Hydreigon Summoner

lol Gengar is among those that have no difference, and Garchomp, yet their Megas are Awesome (White Gengar), FABULOUS (Pink Garchomp).

And the other ones, yup, I got all those lol Rayquaza, Charizard, Greninja... Lucario is one of my favs too and he's puke color, and yeah Scizor is fugly.

Anime recent happenings: Watching Pokemon X/Y Anime, Every episode Team Rocket shows up makes me have to Fast Forward it because I can't stand their failures. Wish they'd win for once or something. Ash causes me inner rage, he's been 10 years old for 17 years and he still doesn't know how to battle pokemon. He is SO USELESS.

Game recent happenings: No correct Magikarp yet and I still have to do a jolly Tyranitar... ugh.

4. Dresden

Dresden Pokémon Master

Facing the Battle Maison Single Battles. 13 in so far, using this set:

Talonflame - Fly, Brave Bird, Flamethrower, Roost (I know having two flying-type moves is silly. I'd change Fly out for U-Turn, but since I need to be able to get around, not worth the effort. Anyway, it works fine so far.)
    Mega Lucario - Swords Dance, Close Combat, Dig, Poison Jab
    Garchomp - EQ, Dragon Rush, Crunch, Poison Jab

Haven't had too much trouble. Sadly, the closest I've come to defeat was from a Speed Boost Carvanha.

5. Nightshade Aran

Regular singles or Super Singles?
    Regulars are a joke, it's the super ones that can get tough. They cheat (not really) just sometimes they get annoying

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I obtained the Surf HM from my friend Calem and I continued to wander throughout Route 12. I spoke to some man around there and he gave me a free Lapras and I went to the Pokemon Center in Shalour City to deposit it since I didn't need it at the moment given that my Golduck was my main Water-type. I returned to Route 12 and I walked through the tall grass and I encountered and caught a wild Slowpoke and Pinsir there. I then used Cut on a nearby tree and I reached a nearby berry tree and I picked up an Aspear Berry off the ground. I then arrived at the shore of Route 12 and I had Golduck use Surf. I then spotted a Swimmer almost immediately and I beat his Qwilfish and Binacle with Raichu and saved.

7. Dresden

Dresden Pokémon Master

Regular singles I guess? They really have been super easy, the Speed Boost Carvanha was a fluke. It lowered my accuracy, and Dragon Rush already only has 75 anyway (Took it over Dragon Claw because 100 > 70 :p )

8. Nightshade Aran

Wait till you try super battles...

Also, got a 6IV Magikarp before I got the 5 IV'd one I wanted... wtf... Oh well, ONWARDS to the Jolly Larvitar!

9. Dresden

Dresden Pokémon Master

Yeah, got 6 battles into Supers, then lost. Stupid Bastiodon used Metal Burst on Garchomp, OHKOed it. Oh well, not doing it for the records or anything, doing it for TMs and hold items, which thankfully was made a lot easier than previous gens. The rate at which you get BP is MUCH BETTER now.

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I kept Surfing around Route 12 after beating a Swimmer and I encountered some wild Tentacool and battled against several in order to level up my team. My Pancham finally evolved into Pangoro after battling some of those wild Tentacool, then I reached the other side of the route and used my Dowsing Machine to locate hidden items. I picked up a Net Ball hidden on a rock and then I battled a Backpacker and his Linoone and I arrived at Baa de Mer Ranch. I went into the house nearby and got the Attract TM from a girl inside, then I rode around the field on a Skiddo that jumped over some ledges and I picked up a Shiny Stone and a Whipped Dream item around there. I then got off the Skiddo and I started walking again.

11. Nightshade Aran

Battles:
    Wooo just got my Super Triples trophy, that Aron trick works like a charm!
    Up next, Super Rotation and lastly Super Multi (not looking forward to Multi)

12. Fatalshock

Fatalshock Active Member

Successfully bred a Sturdy Aron with Reversal and Endeavour. I'm a happy, happy man. Now for the IVs...

13. Dresden

Dresden Pokémon Master

Grinding Friend Safari for Timid Lampents, aiming to get good IVs on hopefully a Flash Fire AND Infiltrator. Wish I had a Scrappy False Swiper...

14. momopeach

momopeach Active Member

About a week ago I finally beat the Pokemon league after around 60+ hours of playing. I loved my team, first one since Sapphire where I truly like all my pokemon I used against the E4. It had all old pokemon, so I might try leveling some and taking on the E4 again. We'll see.

It was pretty easy overall, and I wasn't overleveled. The previous 2 generation's e4 were much harder, but maybe that's why there was a change in this one.

Now to figure out what to do. I don't care about IV breeding at all, but breeding for moves might be fun. I still have to catch legendaries and do the Looker Mission.

I guess now I want to grind at Victory road and Battle Chateau I guess. Not sure where else to gain experience and fight trainers for money.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I returned to Baa de Mer ranch to leave the Skiddo that I rode and I headed south through some yellow flowers. I battled a Pokemon Breeder and her Seviper and Miltank along the way, then I battled against a Youngster and his Bug-type Pokemon with Talonflame. I continued heading east and battled another Pokemon Breeder as I wandered closer towards Coumarine City. I arrived at the opposite shore of Route 12 and I battled a Fisherman and his team of Magikarp. I located a Water Stone north of the Fisherman after Surfing a bit, then I fully explored the yellow flowers some more and encountered wild Pokemon like Exeggcute and Tauros in the tall grass, both of which I captured before arriving in Coumarine City.

16. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

Just got Shiny Charm!!! Yay. Now continuing on my living dex and competitive wifi battles.

17. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I left the tall grass on Route 12 after catching more wild Pokemon like Pachirisu and Chatot and I wandered east towards Coumarine City next since that was my next destination. I received a Holo Caster message once I set foot in Coumarine City though and it was from Calem; he said that he wanted to battle me in front of the Coumarine City Gym, so then I wandered around looking for the Pokemon Center afterwards. As I moved around the city, I spoke to various NPCs and I got a Silk Scarf from someone in a house, then I found a kiosk that sold Incense items, but I didn't buy any given that they were very expensive. I then continued to wander around Coumarine City past the harbor in search of a Pokemon Center.

18. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Continued training my team today. I got Kangaskhan, Sylveon and Gengar to level 50, and Dragonair to level 55, it evolved into Dragonite. After that, I taught Sylveon one move through TM and Dragonite one move through TM and one other through the Move Relearner, which made them all have their final movesets. With the team done, I could go back to the Battle Maison. I gave the team their items, then I entered the Super Rotation Line. I won the first 30 battles without any major problems, will continue battling there tomorrow.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I walked by moored boats by the sea in Coumarine City as I wandered to Seaside Station where the monorail was that would take me to the area of the city where the Pokemon Center was located. I spoke to a Fisherman by the sea and got the Good Rod from him, then I headed north to the Coumarine Hotel just to check it out. I obtained the Lucky Egg item from a girl at the lobby after showing her a Pokemon with a high friendship level. I also found the Game Director at the hotel, then I wandered back outside. As I headed north I met a girl by the coast and I obtained the Embargo TM from her after answering her quiz. I walked into Seaside Station after that and I met Professor Sycamore and Diantha inside there.

20. GC7

GC7 This War Is Ours!

I visited the Battle maison today, took my garchomp(mega), Arcanine and Greninja and made it all the way to battle 50 where i lost, then I went to spent some of my BP in items and TMs, currently im training a gliscor for the battle maison, hopefully he can do good