• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
X: Continued with the breeding, hatched a few more eggs, but still no result. My future parent Togepi also still has a bit left before it has reached a high enough level of Friendship to evolve.

Y: Left the Battle Maison. Flew to Santalune and went out to Route 3 where I caught a Female Magikarp which I will use for breeding. Then I went to all the various clothing stores in Kalos and bought all clothes I could get today. I have planned to get all the clothes in the game for a quite long time now, and I decided to start today. Just hoping I will have enough money to make it to the end, I had to spend around 1/4 of what I originally had in order to get everything today. But there's always the Battle Chateau if I should run low, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Since I started today, I should have everything next Tuesday. Had planned to go to Victory Road and catch a Female Zweilous/Hydreigon next, but since I found a Female Hydreigon in my PC in the ball I wanted, I could skip it. Next up, I am going to start with the breeding of my future Super Triples team. I have decided what team I will use, and I have obtained most of the parents I will need for it, so it's time to get started.

^^^ Winter02

I have a Spitback from a Wondertrade of Deino with egg moves if you want it. Jus pm me.

DarkerShining

Y: Finally got around to EV training some of the Pokémon I've got on this game, having used Pokémon Bank to send Pokémon from X over to Y, breed them, hatch the eggs and then send the Pokémon from X back to their own game. Maxed out the affection of the Budew I started training in Y before I gave her spot on the team to the Bulbasaur I received from Sycamore before, and then trained her alongside the Ralts I got from Diantha, and a Sneasel and a Charmander I bred in Y from my Weavile and Charizard in X (and two of the Ditto I have in X). EV trained the three Pokémon, and during the process of the training, my Budew, Charmander and Ralts evolved, the latter two evolving fully.

Currently on Route 7, using my Roselia's Petal Blizzard attack to try to get some Power, Mental and White Herbs from tall grass in the background of wild Pokémon battles. Ran into Moltres a couple of times, and I just caught a shiny Smeargle. :)

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
X - Doing a solo run with a Gooey Goodra. Haven't had a ton of issues yet (has Acid Armor to address lower Def). Grant was a pain to deal with when I had to fight him, but Super Training helped there. I've defeated Olympia and am about to undergo the long process of defeating Team Flare. Or rather, I would if I'd had the foresight to catch a Flying-type that can Fly me around... I don't have one in team or in Box.

Y - Not too much. My team's come to a stall, and I'm trying to think of the best 'mons to round it out. Aggron, Aegislash and Greninja are pretty well keepers. I'm contemplating a Blissey to serve as a Sp. Def. wall, and am also giving consideration to a Salamence for offense - though I do have a few Dratini from breeding that have their HA, so I may go that route instead... Currently Wonder Trading away all the Goomy I bred trying to find the one Goomy that would be the solo run Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra.

Been thinking I may do a Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon solo run next, for fun. Had a blast doing a solo run through Sinnoh with Empoleon, and had an epic battle against Cynthia as a result. Was definitely fun, and it solidified Empoleon as one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. (Plus, Water/Steel typing. What's not to like?)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Once I had snatched another O-Power from my pal Mr. Bonding at the Dendemille PC, I changed my outfit at the dressing room and I also went to the Poke Mart section to purchase Ultra Balls and other items before heading outside. I wandered around the Dendemille Town some more in order to explore the area completely. I headed north along the pah and spoke to people outside, then I entered a house where I guy wanted to check how many Pokemon I'd seen in the Mountain Pokedex. I walked back out and visited another house where I got a Leppa Berry for showing a girl a TM and the Facade TM too from a boy inside. I then found the Move Deleter and used his services to make Pangoro forget Rock Smash.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Not posted here for a very long time! Finally picked up the game again and I'm trying to get around to finishing it. I defeated Team Flare and caught Xerneas, and I've just got my 8th and final gym badge! Off to challenge the Elite Four and the Champion now. Hoping I can pick up enough money to buy some of the clothes from Lumiose City.

Current Team
Chesnaught / Level 69
Talonflame / Level 70
Blastoise / Level 69
Gardevoir / Level 68
Flygon / Level 70
Absol / Level 63 (HMs)

Badges: 8

Oh yeah, and levelling is still ridiculous. Never used Absol in battle and he's near enough the same as the rest of my team.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So I ended up scoring a Noibat with Infiltrator on my Y version. Which is cool and all, but the thing is, it happens to be Calm, which isn't bad considering I'm not going to be using any physical attacks on this thing, but my Flygon, the Pokemon I would replace with Noivern, happens to be Adamant, and that is freaking awesome, so why would I replace it?

I've also been playing X now that everything to do with Team Flare is over with on Y. My goal is to use one Pokemon from each Generation on my team, and I'm thinking:

Charizard/Mega Charizard X
Ampharos/Mega Ampharos
Gardevoir
Garchomp or Staraptor, depending on what direction I want to take Charizard
Sawk
Greninja

I already have Frogadier, Charmeleon, and Ralts on my team, though at this point I only just decided I want Gardevoir, so Ralts is struggling compared to my evolved Pokemon.

Lorde

I left the Move Deleter's house in Dendemille Town after speaking to the Move Relearner and re-teaching the move Hammer Arm to my Pangoro. I then wandered outside again into the bitter cold to explore more of Dendemille Town. I went south across a small bridge and found some exposed soil and found a Big Root there, then I used my Dowsing Machine and found a Nugget buried in the ground. Once I had explored the whole town, I wandered to Brun Way through the gatehouse and I went back to the Lost Hotel. Once inside I battled against a Punk Guy and his Scrafty, Pawniard and Sharpedo which I beat with my Gogoat and Pangoro. I continued to wander around afterwards and I found and caught a Litwick.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Earlier, I downloaded the new Pinsir event on my Y version. I picked it up at a Pokemon Center and then placed it in the PC next to all my event Vivillon. Haven't gotten the Heracross on my X yet, but I'll do that soon.

After that, I decided to EV train my PokeBall Vivillon that has a good Nature, mostly just for fun since I don't plan on using it for the Battle Maison or anything. I gave it the Pokerus after a few battles and then fully EV trained it by defeating Pokemon in hordes. Then, I headed to the Battle Chateau and started training it normally. I think I trained it to level 45 or so last night, will continue levelling it up some more later.

Also, I did Wonder Trade most of my remaining Gligar. Didn't get anything interesting in return except for one trade that was Gligar for Gligar. :p

Kalosian

So long
X: Continued with the Togepi breeding. On the 4th egg I hatched today, I finally got what I wanted in the form of a Timid Specially Flawless Togepi with Serene Grace. Very happy about it. After hatching it, I noticed that the Togepi I have been keeping in my party had reached a high enough level of Friendship to evolve, so I evolved it into Togetic, and I can now use it for breeding. Which I will do. I need to get another Togepi like the one I hatched today, but Modest instead of Timid. And I will start working on getting it tomorrow.

Y: Started by going to all the clothing stores where I bought all the clothes I could get today, putting another giant hole in my wallet, even though I still have quite much money left. But the more I buy every day, the less I will have left so I'm hoping my current money will be enough. Afterwards, I started with breeding the first (or technically second) member of my team, Deino. Gave a Destiny Knot to my Hydreigon and put it in the Day-Care with a Modest Specially Flawless Ditto I transferred over from 5th gen recently, holding an Everstone. Started hatching eggs and quickly got a Female Deino with 3 perfect IVs in desired stats, replaced the mother Hydreigon with it. Continued for a little bit afterwards but didn't get anything better. Will continue tomorrow, though I'm not sure how much time I will have to play then so I might not get any further.

I got the event Heracross and Pinsir today, but I won't be able to grab their megastones unless I use Bank to swap the Pokémon across versions, which I didn't have enough battery power to do after getting the latest firmware update and a few other downloads. I also game synced today, and got a couple more medals--specifically, Sky High Trainer, for beating all the sky battle trainers. I had a busy day today, but that's all I was able to fit into it that was Pokémon-related. I feel like I should have done more. :\

Lorde

So back at the Lost Hotel, I walked several past overturned bookshelves and trash cans and then I met and battled against a Punk Girl and her Seviper and Arbok, which my Greninja defeated with Extrasensory attack. I then picked up a Smoke Ball item off the floor as I headed south next. I went back the way I came after battling more wild Pokemon and I encountered a Punk Couple as I wandered west around the Hotel. I battled their Pangoro and Garbodor with Gogoat and Talonflame and then I found a HP Up inside a trash can as I moved ahead. I met another Punk trainer and then I was introduced to his boss. After speaking to him and learning the Cosmic Flip trick, I caught an Electrode in the same location.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Snagged my Poke Ball patterned Vivillon, but that was about it. I haven't really played much recently. .-.

Gonna need to turn it on soonish to snag that Pinsir though.

Ketaru

Been breeding for a shiny Trapinch lately. It will be the second shiny Pokemon I've ever gone out of my way to get. After I do, I think I might take it for a slow leveling trip around the Kalos region. That is, if I ever find it. Also, picked up my event Pinsir from the Pokemon Center. I think I'll look around for somebody to trade for the event Heracross.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Carrying on from last time, I made my way through Victory Road, which I loved. Really different from previous Victory Roads, and there was no constantly going up and down 3 different levels which made it feel like much less of a chore to get through. Battled Serena for one last time before the Elite Four, and won. I then made my way to the Pokemon League. I went in and Malva greeted me. I beat the Elite Four pretty easily, probably due to me being 10 levels above them. The only one who gave me a bit of trouble was Wikstrom - his Aegislash was pretty strong. I then went onto challenge Diantha, which ended with her Mega Gardevoir battling my starter, Chesnaught. After a great battle I won and became the new Champion!

The ceremony was held in Lumiose City (a really nice touch), I received the Honor of Kalos and AZ challenged me. His Floette then returned after 3,000 years (another nice touch) and he went on his way. I then woke up at home and made my way to Lumiose Station. Dexio and Sina upgraded my Pokedex to National and the Professor gave me the ticket that allows me to go to Kiloude City. Post-game stuff starts now!

Current team
Chesnaught / Level 76
Talonflame / Level 77
Blastoise / Level 76
Gardevoir / Level 75
Flygon / Level 77
Absol / Level 69 (HMs)

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
So I finally got around to breeding a singles team for the Battle Maison and I had a fair amount of success for a first try. 47 wins is not terrible, considering that it was an almost randomly chosen team. But the Pinsir has to go and I haven't yet figured out who I should use to replace him. So I've taken a break from that and decided to start working on a Doubles team I've been playing around with for a while and started breeding bulbasaur. Unfortunately, the female I started with had no IVs to speak of and so far I've only managed to breed a female with two IVs to replace it.

I also finished hatching out the rest of the Torchic eggs from when I was breeding for my singles team and I managed to get a perfect 5IV torchic out of it! It was a nice surprise at the end of the batch. Wish it had been 6IV like the male I had hatched earlier, but I'm not going to be too choosy.

Lorde

After learning that new skating trick from a dude inside the Lost Hotel, I continued to wander throughout the old building. I battled more wild Pokemon as I wandered around, then I headed out of the Lost Hotel since I couldn't access the other areas of the ruins since most were blocked off by fences. Once outside, I walked further south and spotted a boulder that I pushed with Strength, then I found some more ruins and I moved past some really tall grass in order to enter the Lost Hotel from southern side. I encountered a Punk Guy by the entrance and I defeated his Dunsparce. Afterwards I taught Rock Smash to my Pangoro again to break a stone wall inside and I picked up a Dread Plate close by and saved.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
I had finally discovered Team Flare's base. Thinking back on the grunt I encountered on my first trip to Geosenge Town, I should have known this was the place. I could easily see the door beyond the rock, but chose to ignore it. Coming back to my senses, I pushed onward through the entrance. Delphox comforted me as I worked my way through the onslaught of enemies. We both knew what was coming up but had to push forward no matter what. After countless battles and frustration we finally reached our destination: Lysandre. His story was interesting and painted a picture of the world that I had yet to see before. His actions were guided by seemingly simple logic, but something deep within told me that they are wrong in more ways than one. Lysandre chose the wrong path and, as conversation didn't sway him, I had to beat sense into him so he could see the errors of his ways. As I sent out my Pyroar, a blinding light engulfed me...

I had finally discovered Team Flare's base...

A story of accidental resets. ~Shoveler

Team:
Pyroar
Chandelure
Delphox
Talonflame
Charizard
Blaziken

Lorde

I moved around another hallway at the southern part of the Lost Hotel and I broke apart another wall with my Pangoro's Rock Smash. I then spoke to girl nearby and I got the Fling TM from her and then I used my Dowsing Machine to see if I could find some hidden items. I then saw another Punk Guy and I defeated his Skuntank and Crawdaunt with Greninja. I kept wandering around hallways and moved past some junk that was lying around and I battled a Punk Girl and her two Liepard, both of which were annoying to battle against. I found more walls to break apart with Rock Smash and I found the Protector item. I backtracked after finding a dead end. With all that finished, I headed back out to Dendemille Town.