• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
X: Continued with the Togepi breeding and completed it today. I hatched a Modest Specially Flawless Togepi with Serene Grace, which is what I wanted. So now I have done all the rebreeding I had planned, though my next target is also partly going to be a rebreed. It is going to be Honedge, and I did some preparations for it today. Connected to Pokemon Bank and shifted a box of previously bred Honedge to this game, will need to use one of them for the breeding. But before I can start, I need to catch another Honedge to use as well, and I will do that tomorrow.

Y: Went to all the clothing stores once again and bought all clothes I could get today, which was much less than the two previous days. This should mean that I am close to having all of the clothes in the game now. Due to the lower amount of clothes to buy, I spent much less money today compared to previous days, and the money I have left will likely be enough to get all the clothes that remain. I also went to the hair stylist in Lumiose to change the hairstyle and hair color of my character. Then I continued with the Deino breeding. And to my own surprise, I hatched what I wanted on the 5th egg, a Modest Specially Flawless Deino. So now I have two of the members of my upcoming team. Will continue with breeding the third one next which will likely be the hardest to get since it requires an Egg move and has a low chance of being Female. Going to start on it tomorrow.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
So I decided to turn on my Y game in awhile and I think why not go and wonder trade, I'm like time to make someone's day so threw in a shiny ever. It was taking a while to find a partner and I almost quit when it lot up, I finally found a trade partner and as the shadows clear it's a diancie holding normal gem and I was happy. It goes to show you if your kind to others and do good deed sometimes you get good in return. :)

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So I got a lot done today in Y! I got through Reflecting Cave, then went through all the Mega Evolution stuff. Got up to Courmarine City tonight, got up to 4 badges. Finally let my Squirtle evolve since it was like level 40-something, and now I'm rocking it with Mega Blastoise.

As for X, I banked all my old Pokemon that were tagged SPA and started over. Now it's my little sister's game, and maybe this can get her back into Pokemon~ Hoping

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Previously, I had gone back to Dendemille Town and visited the Pokemon Center to heal my team. Since I had taken care of all the stuff in town and at the Lost Hotel, I decided to head over to Frost Cavern because it seemed like the best place to visit. I headed north out of Dendemille Town and I crossed a bridge and arrived outside of Frost Cavern and I battled a Hiker in the thick falling snow and hail. I beat his Vibrava with Pangoro and then I crossed another bridge and saw a guy and his Mamoswine on the road. Trevor appeared afterwards and I battled an Artist and his Smeargle with Pyroar after walking some more. I then entered the actual cavern and battled against a trainer and her Doublade there.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Y: After defeating Sycamore in Couriway Town, he pointed me to a nice message he left when he was younger. Motivated, I explored Terminus Cave properly, having decided it wasn't worth adding that Noibat I caught when my team was around ten levels higher than it and I was so close to my final Badge.

From there, I explored Route 19, not really in any mood to fight anyone yet. However, I was challenged by Shauna, and subsequently Tierno and even Trevor! It was a nice change of pace, and I ended up in Snowbelle City with a sense of satisfaction. Tomorrow I'll see about challenging the Gym.

X: Nothing much to report. I did score an Adamant Tyrunt, which is kind of a shame, since I have no plans for using it. I went from Camphrier Town all the way to Cyllage City.

Anyone who's used Mega Ampharos: is it worth using, more specifically if you already plan on having a Mega on your team? Any tips?

Navarch

Anyone who's used Mega Ampharos: is it worth using, more specifically if you already plan on having a Mega on your team? Any tips?

It is pretty darn bulky, but that Dragon Typing makes it worse. He is awfully slow, too. He is powerful, as well, but his movepool isn't the greatest. It really is up to you. If I were to score him, I'd probably say 7/10.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Today I bred my first 5 IV pokemon ever. Competitive Starly is now mine! She's gonna be awesome Staraptor soon. Now I'm EV training it via Hordes, so I can get leveling. I'm so happy!

Lorde

After I had slayed a female Ace Trainer by the entrance of Frost Cavern, I walked some more and came across an icy floor which I slid on. I slid north and encountered a wild Piloswine which I caught in a Quick Ball. I then moved forward and crossed more slippery ice and battled a male Ace Trainer and beat his Raichu, Golduck and Marowak with my Gogoat. After beating the trainer I picked up a Dire Hit from an icicle nearby and I caught a wild Vanillite next, then I found another slippery ice puzzle and I had to move around in a certain formation just to get around. I found a Hiker in the middle of the ice and I beat his Rock-type Pokemon with Greninja, then I battled a Black Belt. I saved after catching a Cryogonal.

ebevan91

I'm just sitting at home soft resetting for a decent IV'd event Heracross. Got about 40 more minutes before leaving for work so I'll do this for about 20 more minutes then I'm gonna go get ready.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So I've gotten up to 7 badges, got them last night and today. Caught the legendary and now on my way to Snowbelle City. Already battled with Shauna and Tierno, so now I'm at a fast pace to beat the game~

Lorde

While in Frost Cavern, I slid around some more and I battled against a Brains & Brawn duo. I used Greninja and Pangoro against their Hariyama and Grumpig and I beat Hariyama with Extrasensory and Grumpig with Crunch. I slid on some more ice and moved close to a stream, but was challenged by a Battle Girl. I used Talonflame against her Sawk and Mienshao, then I approached the water's edge. I fished with my Old Rod and caught a wild Poliwag, then I Surfed across to the other side of the cavern and I went down some steps. I found a blue colored rock there which I knew was needed for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon and then I found the Icy Rock and I backtracked out of the little cavern and saved the game.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I picked up a new 3DS XL and Y earlier today. After debating a bit about which starter to pick this time I ended up going with Fennekin like my previous playthrough so I could catch Zapdos in the postgame. I'd already decided to have a go at catching every Pokémon available in each route which is something that I'd done while playing White and I'd enjoyed it. However, given the amount of Pokémon available, plus some fairly low catch rates before the first gym (Dunsparce, Burmy, Riolu) which caused me to use a ton of balls, I'm not certain if I'll be able to continue this throughout all of the game, although I'll give it my best shot.

I've caught most of the Pokémon on Route 5, just need to get Abra, Minun and Scraggy. Also played in Amie a bit with my Fletchinder and after getting to unlimited on Head It managed to score 1120 on my first go. Glad to see my reflexes for that game are still okay!

Current team:
Fletchinder L20
Farfetch'd L11
Fennekin L15
Dunsparce L9
Combee L7
Bulbasaur L10

Fletchinder is the only permanent member right now. I plan on fishing for a shiny Skrelp later on, and considering using Tyrunt, Helioptile, Slyveon and/or Honedge.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So I beat the game like an hour ago, and I'm working on evolving stuff and gaining style so I can then breed some things to get their pre-evolutions using the Hatching Power. May go through all the Looker Quests later, but right now I'm just looking to complete some more slots on my Pokedex.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I traded over my shiny froakie from my y to my x version after professor sycamore finally gave me a shiny bulbasaur. I ev trained them both then went on to level train them. I battled team flare before arriving in geosenge town and made it to shalour city. I beat my rival in the tower and then beat the shalour gym leader.

Lorde

I fled that smaller cave inside of Frost Cavern and I Surfed across a stream again and arrived at the other side and I slid on the floors. I spotted an item ball and picked it up and obtained the Max Repel. I activated it in order to avoid battling wild Pokemon for a while as I explored the first floor of the cave. I Surfed again and found a Never-Melt Ice, then I went down stairs and battled a Hiker. Once I beat him and his Rock Pokemon, I spoke to a girl nearby and healed my Pokemon thanks to her and then I picked up a Hyper Potion. I battled another Hiker after that and beat his Probopass, then my Max Repel ran out and I found a wild Jynx, which I caught. I then battled a Black Belt and beat his Gurdurr with Talonflame.

Divine08

Poke Engineer
I decided to hunt for a shiny Bagon via the masuda method as Bagon is one of my all time favorite pokemon. I started off by collecting eggs and boxing them until I had about 200 eggs boxed. I initially planned to box about 700 eggs before I started hatching but it turns I don't have the stamina or patience for that. Anyway I began to hatch my little baby bacons and much to my surprise a shiny female bagon appeared on my 32nd egg. I nicknamed her Shaoron (Xialong), she's Timid with IVs (31/xx/31/xx/31/31), the IV judge said she has outstanding potential so I imagine the atk stats aren't too bad. After some play with her in Amie, I retuned to Toonami and continued to hatch eggs.

I nearly lost my shittoke mushrooms when the 2nd shiny male bagon appeared at egg #52. I nicknamed it Shenron (Shenlong) it is Timid like his sister with IVs (xx/31/31/31/31/31). Both my little twins have Hydro pump, dragon pulse, zen headbutt, and dragon dance for egg moves. I still got over 100 eggs to hatch, hopefully I got another shiny bagon but if I don't, I more than happy with i have.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
I had heard rumors of a powerful TM being kept next to the Boss in the Lost Hotel off of Route 15 and 16. It was supposedly a powerful Dark type attack that would break through Substitutes and hit multiple opponents if necessary. This intrigued me as I was planning on obtaining a Houndoom from an acquaintance and this move sounded perfect for him. I trekked through Route 16 from Lumiose City in the hopes of reaching this Hotel. Unfortunately, despite all of my efforts at defeating all those who stood in my path, I was unable to progress further in the route. I was told by a passing ranger that Dendemille Town or Laverre City could get me to Route 15 and from there I could work my way down to Route 16. Thanking the kind man for his advice, I hopped aboard Talonflame and flew off to Dendemille Town to begin my search anew.
Upon arrival I headed west into the route, wanting to waste no time on healing or talking with the local denizens of the town. Making my way through the route, I noticed that there was an offshoot going south that I had ignored my first time through this route. Deciding that that must have been what the ranger was talking about, I smashed walls and pushed boulders to make my way into the Lost Hotel. Punks littered the place just like the trash that kept attacking me from the garbage bins. This place disgusted me and all I wanted was to get my prize and leave. Unfortunately, to my disdain, this part of the Lost Hotel didn't contain what I was searching for. One of the punks, after some "coercion," told me that the Lost Hotel has two entrances and the entrance on Route 15 was the one I should take in order to gain access to the Boss. He also mentioned a requirement to visit the Boss, but didn't tell me what I was supposed to do to meet this requirement.
Frustrated, I left the South entrance to the Lost Hotel and made my way back to the North entrance. Beating up more thugs, I worked my way to the Boss who guarded my prize. A particularly annoying Punk didn't let me through because I didn't have enough "style" or whatever for the Boss. Deciding that my clothes were indeed tacky, I spent my gathered wealth in Lumiose City on an amazingly suave outfit that would make any girl swoon. Heading back to the boss, the Punk STILL didn't let me in! Severely agitated at this point, another Punk came up to me as I was leaving to inform me that the Boss was interested in Skating techniques. Thinking about it, it would make sense that Skaters were in the Lost Hotel as well as the Punks if the Boss loved skating. Heading out to Lumiose City, I vowed to learn all of the techniques available to me. Through an hour of searching and a lot of practice, I finally learned all I needed to to see the Boss. The Punk led me straight to him. The Boss was very impressed by my technique and fashion sense and taught me the ultimate skating technique because of these factors. Having finally become a skating master, I headed to the right and smashed open the wall that held my prize... and found Snarl. The move was as advertised; it had the ability to go through Substitute and hit multiple opponents. However, it has rather substandard power and hits your allies as well, so I scrapped it. I went through all of this effort for nothing at all. Oh well, at least I looked snappy at the end.

A tale of disappointments. ~Shoveler

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So as of right now, I'v been working on improving my trade shop. I got an Aron from the GTS and a nice Dratini. Now my objective of Iron Tail Dratini feels closer. (still trying to figure out why my wonder trade isn't working, but it's a start) Still trying to get my Lairon that was the GTS Aron to learn Iron Tail, but leveling up is taking a bit now. Once I get this thing done, I'll be doing more breeding and more trading with a friend to complete more of my pokedex. Guess the Looker quests will have to wait a bit. Still in Victory Road leveling up with my Vaporeon method...

Lorde

While still in Frost Cavern, I continued to walk carefully around slippery ice and I picked up an Ether. I headed back a bit and slid on the ice again and battled a Battle Girl and her Medicham with Gogoat, then I encountered a Cubchoo horde as I wandered back onto normal ground. Once I caught a Cubchoo, I entered another cave and found the Frost Breath TM and went back to the main cave. I arrived at the last area within Frost Cavern and saw several Team Flare members with an Abomasnow. Trevor caught up to me as well. I battled against a Team Flare grunt, then I battled Team Flare Mable and I defeated her Houndoom with Greninja. Once Team Flare left, I got the Abomasite from Abomasnow and left.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I continued searching the grass on Route 5 and managed to find an Abra fairly quickly. Despite getting a Critical Capture with a Great Ball, it still broke out so I decided not to waste any more time trying to catch one. I'll come back later when I've got something that can stop it fleeing. I finished up that route and continued with the story. After catching everything on Route 6, I switched in Honedge and decided to switch the Exp Share on (after turning it off as soon as I received it) because I wanted to have backup if Fletchinder can't handle anything.

I was on Route 7 for ages- Illumise took me about two and a half hours to find. ._. Seriously, I ran into about five Croagunk (in the flowers with a 5% encounter rate) and three of the white flower Flabebe (1% encounter rate) before finally finding one of the ugly things. Catching everything else has been fairly easy, even Bagon with it's fairly low (45) catch rate. I've caught everything that can be encountered normally in the grass on Route 8, now I just need to get the horde only ones. I hope Taillow shows up quickly.

Current team:
Fletchinder L30
Braixen L23
Farfetch'd L21
Honedge L19
Combee L20
Ivysaur L21

Central Pokédex: 57
Coastal Pokédex: 7

Last edited: