• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the breeding. I gave an Everstone to the Larvitar and a Destiny Knot to the Axew. Left them at the Day-Care and started hatching eggs. First I got one better parent in the form of a Female Adamant Larvitar with 4 perfect IVs in desired stats, then I got an even better one, which was Physically Flawless. This was my target, but instead of keeping it, I decided to use it as a new parent since it was Female and that would make the rest of the breeding go faster. And so it did. From it and the Axew, I got not only one but two of my final target, which were two Adamant Physically Flawless Larvitar with the egg moves Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock and Pursuit. Both of them were Male. Continued with the breeding but switched items for the parents, gave the Everstone to Axew and the Destiny Knot to Larvitar. Hatched more eggs and got my second target quickly. Once again, I got two Larvitar, same as the first ones, but Jolly instead of Adamant. And this time, one was Male and one was Female. With that, I had completed the breeding I wanted to do for now. Connected to Pokemon Bank to store all of the breeding leftovers there, also recieved a bunch of Poke Miles thanks to that.

Apart from this, I did another thing on both X and Y. Which was to check to make sure I had completed all in-game trades on both games. Which I had done, so there was nothing left to do regarding that. Now, I am going to take a break from Y and I will continue having a break from X as I have done what I wanted to do in both of them for now, though there is at least one more thing I want to do in them in the future, so I will return to them at some unknown point later this year for that.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Bought a new X game and started with Fennekin this time (just because it triggers Zapdos later on) and made it all the way to Coumarine City. I changed up my team this time and decided to see how well an Aerodactyl works when you have it from before you get the second badge. I smashed the Old Amber out of a rock in the Glittering Cave and decided to use it instead of my Amaura fossil this time. Turned out that my Aerodactyl was a Jolly natured one and my Amaura was Adamant, never got that nature combo in a fossil before. Have three fully evolved Pokemon on my team and a Scyther that I got in a Wonder Trade, it was born with Adament nature and the egg move Vacuum Wave so I've kept her in my party. Haven't challenged the gym yet in Coumarine City, that's on the agenda for today.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I fought Korrina and beat her Mienfoo with Roselia, her Machoke with Fletchinder, and her Hawlucha with Raichu. I won the Rumble Badge and Power-Up Punch TM, then I hurried out to the Pokemon Center and I healed my darlings and then I went back outside and I left Shalour City and visited the Tower of Mastery to the north of town again. Upon arrival, I met up with the Mega Evolution guru again as well as Shauna. I was told to head to the top of the Tower of Mastery and I climbed up the various floors. I received the Low Sweep TM from a Psychic on the fourth floor, then I met Korrina again and I received the Mega Ring from her at long last. Next I had to battle against her using one of her Lucario on my own team.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Got to Laverre City, currently rousting Team Flare out of the Pokeball Factory. I miss having my millions of dollars, I hate the plain clothing my boy is stuck in. I chose to be a boy in this new X version because I was a girl in my first X version. Pikachu is nearly level 50 so once he's there I'll evolve him into Raichu, he only needs Thunder to learn since I haven't bought the TM for it. Anyway, my Aerodactyl is nearly level 50 and his Speed stat is like 150 already, that Pink Juice I gave him elevated his speed so high after only taking it once.

I beat Pokemon X for the 3rd time, and it's still as boring as ever. Too many pokemon in it, bad aftergame, boring music, barely any legendaries and too easy.
ORAS was so much better!

My team was:
Greninja Lv64 - Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory

Garchomp Lv67 - Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Protect

Mienshao Lv62 - Bounce, Drain Punch, High Jump Kick, U-turn

Houndoom Lv64 - Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Nasty Plot

Jynx Lv66 - Psychic, Ice Beam, Lovely Kiss, Fake Tears

Magnezone Lv63 - Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Hyper Beam

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I too finished X yesterday my Hall of Fame team:

Lvl. 67 Garchomp w Dragon Claw, Cut, Dig, Crunch
Lvl. 72 Delphox w Mystical Fire, Flamethrower, Psychic, Psyshock
Lvl. 56 Dragonite w Dragon Rush, Wing Attack, Agility, Waterfall
Lvl. 71 Raichu w Thunderbolt, Discharge, Electro Ball, Rock Smash
Lvl. 70 Blastoise w Surf, Water Pulse, Strength, Bite
Lvl. 68 Aerodactyl w Fly, Crunch, Iron Head, Sky Drop

Now it's time to use my Friend Safaris and start catching Pokemon. I hate seeing my Kalos dexes in the double digits, I never realized how long I spent with my other X and Y games to get my millions and filling those dexes up. My second X looks lonely.

Lorde

After I got the Surf HM from Calem, I skated all the way back to Shalour City to swap Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I headed back to Route 12 and I spoke to a person there who gave me a Lapras for free. I deposited the Lapras in Shalour City next and then I fought wild Pokemon in the grass on Route 12. I trained my darlings there to level them up and I also caught a wild Mareep, Miltank and Slowpoke in the area. I then cut down a tree and arrived by a tree and picked up an Aspear Berry from the ground, then I headed over to the shore, taught Surf to Greninja, and I Surfed along the sea area there. I spotted a male Swimmer nearby and I battled his Binacle and Qwilfish and thrashed them with my Roselia.

Eon Hero

soaring the skyes...
Finally beat the pokemon league and I now have money to me a star of fashion lol. I'm now trying to get a shiny protean froakie but It won't be easy i guess. I got my 6iv jap ditto in the daycare with a 5iv froakie. I alreay in 60 eggs but no luck lol... Maybe I'll make a pause and train some pokemon to level 100 (has I always do lol). Battle mansion... I beat it in AS so I'm not really into battles now.

Drummerdude

Started over X the other day. Gonna try to post after each gym badge. We'll see how that goes.

After being woken up by a Fletchling I changed clothes and headed downstairs to discover some girls were waiting to take to the next city over. There were we met some young lads who gave me a choice in which starter Pokemon I wanted. After much thought I chose Froakie! I also got a letter which I took to my mom before heading off on my own journey! On Route 102 I captured my second team member, a Fletchling! Together we traversed the Santalune Forest and arrived in Santalune City. I trained for a bit on Route 22 before going to the gym. Fletchling took care of the trainers in the gym and soon after I was challenging Viola! Fletchling took out Surskit with 2 Peck's so Viola sent out her Vivillion. I figured Froakie needed a chance to shine so I switched out only to realize I was in trouble. Bubble was doing no damage and I couldn't swap out because of Infestation. When all hope seemed lost for Froakie it scored a critical hit Bubble to take out the winged beast!! Bug Badge Get!

After making our way through Route 4 my team and I arrived in Lumiose City. We healed and then visited Sycamore's lab where he was kind enough to give me a Squirtle that I will never use. I then met a nice man with large hair who wants to change the world or something. Such a good cause! Next up was Route 5 where I captured my third team member, a Skiddo! I took a break after the capture.

656.png
Lv15
661.png
Lv15
672.png
Lv10

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I'm trying my best to clean up boxes and start breeding again. My babies are either gonna be GTS'd or Given away to a good home. My best plan now is to restart my trade shop that I closed months ago. Gonna try and get my EV training done, or just get a couple of my parents to LV 100.

Lorde

So finally inside the gorgeous Coumarine City, I sashayed to the Coumarine Hotel and I spoke to random NPCs on the first floor, then I received a Lucky Egg from one of the girls there after I showed her a Pokemon with a high friendship level. I also met the Game Director in one of the rooms, then I dashed outside. I walked south along the coast past some boats until arrived at Seaside Station where the monorail that would take me to the southern portion of the city was located. After obtaining a Good Rod from a Fisherman outside, I entered Seaside Station and I encountered my good sis Prof. Sycamore and Diantha inside. Professor Sycamore babbled to me about Mega Evolution and other things while I was there.

Ascended Dialga

I booted up my Y game for the first time in months to catch a Stunfisk for Alpha Sapphire. While I was at it, I took Multi Battle challenge at the Battle Maison. I used Mega Kangaskhan and Staraptor, and my teammate used Starmie and Dusknoir. Together, we won all 20 battles. His Starmie made it so easy. After that, I caught Stunfisk, sent it to Pokemon Bank, and sent it to Alpha Sapphire.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So along with Drummerdude (bringing it back), I also restarted my Y game. Actually, I didn't, since I had started it ages ago but was still at the very beginning so yeah, guess that counts. I had Chespin right off the bat, so I just stayed with it. It's called Otto. I did the shenanigans at the beginning that you're always forced to do. After that, still with Otto only, I went through Santalune Forest and got to Santalune City itself. There, I received the roller skates thingies, and went straight to the gym. Not really feeling the whole grass vs bug thing, but Chespin will pull through with Rollout I guess. Well, what other choice do I have really lol. Anyways, I did beat Viola, wasn't too hard since I was kind of overleveled. Anyways, I continued onto Lumiose, beat Prof Sycamore, and received my 2nd team member, a Squirtle!

Team:

650.png
Lv14
007.png
Lv10

Drummerdude

With Skiddo in tow I began to traverse Route 5 and not long after both Froakie and Fletchling evolved! Route 5 feels like the longest route but I did make to Camphrier Town in one piece eventually. Shauna and I met a man in the Shabboneau Castle but didn't learn anything about Mega Evolution. Instead we learned of a disturbance which turned out to be an annoying Snorlax. Nothing we could but head to Route 6, a route that annoys me way more than it should. I decided to explore the sides of Route 6 before heading to the Parfum Palace where I committed animal cruelty to a Furfrou. After some fireworks I headed back towards the slumbering Pokemon and took a break.

657.png
Lv19
662.png
Lv20
672.png
Lv18

Lorde

After grinding at Azure Bay, I visited the Courmarine City Gym, and after beating the various Gym trainers and their Grass-types and swinging from vines like Tarzan, I finally arrived where Gym Leader Ramos was stationed and I challenged him. He first used his Jumpluff and I used my Talonflame's Flame Charge attack to defeat Jumpluff with a single hit. I then switched to my newly-trained Hawlucha and I defeated Ramos's Weepinbell with an Aerial Ace attack. Ramos then sent out his final Pokemon Gogoat and I sent out my Pyroar against it. One Flamethrower attack was enough to slay Ramos's Gogoat and then I was handed the Plant Badge and the Grass Knot TM from Ramos after the battle and saved my game.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I purchased Pokemon Y for my sister. Now she's obsessed with getting the best natures for all her Pokemon despite the fact that she doesn't really know which natures best fit her Pokemon. It was worth it though, Now I can conveniently cross-trade for Pokemon evolutions.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Made my first attempt at breeding for Hidden Power, which turned out alright. Still not clear on how it works, but by breeding and hoping that the eggs inherit the right HP(makes me wish IVs were visible from the get-go) I managed to get a Hidden Power Fire Bulbasaur with Chlorophyll and perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD. It's a start, I guess.

Wonder trading away the extras I got a shiny Heracross and Pinsir, both usable competitively. To my disappointment the Pinsir had a terrible nickname ("Me So Horny") so I might just let it sit in the box.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just beat my first Y wedlock =) didn't think I could do it but getting everyone to lv 67 helped alot. Here's my winning team
Haricotvert (R.I.P) the goodra and Stromboli the starapter lv 67 each
Parfait the jynx and Vaporeon lv 67 and 69
Peanut the shiny bisharp and Honey the klefki lv 67 each

Lorde

I finally left Coumarine City and skated to the Lumiose Badlands. Dexio and Sina upgraded my Pokedex next, then I walked through the desert and caught a wild Trapinch and Gible for my Dex. I trudged further in the harsh wind and located items including a Heat Rock. I then spotted a Team Flare grunt and fought them. I beat his Houndoom and Golbat with my Hawlucha, then I got the Power Plant Pass. After finding a hidden Sun Stone, I dashed west to the Kalos Power Plant and I encountered another Team Flare grunt once I was in there. I beat his ratchet Pokemon easily and next I found the Zap Plate in a room with many trapped Power Plant workers. I also purchased some Fresh Waters there and saved.

Drummerdude

After defeating the sleeping Snorlax I hurried through Route 7 and the Zubat Cave and arrived on Route 8 where Sycamore's assistants upgraded my Pokedex. I then beat the trainers on Route 8 and arrived in Ambrette Town where Serena and I were told to go to the Glittering Cave. I hopped on a Rhyhorn, smashed some boulders, and made it to the cave where I captured my own Rhyhorn as my 4th team member! I discovered some red clothed people who seemed to be up to no good so Serena and I teamed up to stop them. I got a Jaw Fossil for my troubles and soon made my way to Cyllage City. After exploring for a bit I tackled the gym which wasn't too tough thanks to Frogadier, Skiddo, and Rhyhorn. With my second badge I headed to Route 10 where I faced more Team Flare goons and ended up losing track of one in Geosenge Town.

When I tried to leave Geosenge Town Korrina's Lucario stopped me and we battled it out but sadly I got no gym badge for my victory. I headed to the Reflection Cave afterwards and captured my fifth team member, a Mr. Mime! I made it through the always difficult cave into Shalour City where I learned about Mega Evolution and kicked some Serena butt in a battle. Didn't get anything cool for my victory though as I still needed to beat the gym first which was no sweat thanks to Fletchinder and Mr. Mime. Korrina's Hawlucha was kind of a nuisance because I tried winning without Mr. Mime but once the creepy clown thing came in Hawlucha didn't stand a chance. After getting my 3rd badge Korrina and I had our 3rd battle where I finally gained the ability to use Mega Evolution and got a nifty Lucario to boot. I took a break after that battle.

657.png
Lv32
662.png
Lv32
672.png
Lv30
111.png
Lv30
122.png
Lv31