• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I made it to Route 13. The area was quite large and it took me quite some time to explore it all. There was a Team Flare Grunt, so I battled him. I was then able to get the pass that allowed me to go inside the Kalos Power Plant. The Power Plant had been taken over by Team Flare, so I had to fight many Flare members in order to get the power to Lumiose restored. By the time I was done with the Power Plant, my entire team was above level 40.

I then went back to Lumiose now that the blackout was over. I saw the tower light up, then I went to the Pokemon Center.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Wow the ost at Laverre City is so nice, hope i can find it soon to listen it in replay.

Oups just found the music thread..

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Experienced the great Rhyhorn ride on Route 9 as I did the Fossil Sidequest. Caught a Ferroseed in Glittering Cave and 1v5'd it against a Horde of Woobats. Battled Team Flare for the first time and received the Sail Fossil.
Resurrected Amaura. Nickname pending. Received Dowsing Machine on Route 8 and arrived at Cylalle City (don't really care about the name).
The camera's panning shot of the Gym was impressive. Sat on a bench and watched the waterfall for about 7 minutes before realizing daylight (actually night-light) was burning and I climbed the gym to Grant.

Completely underestimated his Amaura. Quilladin was paralyzed and took two Ice Take Downs before I switched into Ferroseed. Metal Claw 2HKO'd Amura and I switched into Azumarill for Tyrunt.
Received Cliff Badge and left the gym, satisfied that this was a GREAT Rock Gym.

Lukechu

Been trying to hatch a shiny Skiddo. Not going to give up. :) (Well, I'll see-.-)

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Yawn, so today I got the last 2 gym badges and beat the champion. It was kinda interesting. I learned capture power and prize money power 3, I tried leveling exp power but I couldn't get it past level 1...

My team on completion was:
Greninja: 89
Talonflame: 86
Lucario: 86
Venusaur: 84
Haxorus: 77
Diggersby: 77 -Never entered a battle. cough *Hm slave* cough

I couldn't find a better ground type that was more conducive to my team.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Today I tried changing my 3DS region settings in order to see if I could access other Vivillon patterns (I normally get the Modern Pattern).

Did not work. Y.Y

Voltic_Charge

went and challenge the elite 4 and won
also found a pokerus ditto and a shiny gligar

naudna

Found rotom in lost hotel's rubbish bins. Found a trubbish in the bins too. How apt.

_skiploom_

I restarted the game (I got annoyed by Exp. share).

This time I have decided to try a Psychic Monotype. I've never tried to monotype Psychic before, but it is quite fun!

Blazing Charmander

I finally received my copy of X yesterday after a weekend of disappointment where it should have been delivered. I'm loving everything about the game so far and have found myself getting easily distracted by Pokemon-Amie and the online features. Speaking of those online features, I decided to test the Wonder Trade function by trading an extra Fletchling that I inadvertently captured in Santalune Forest. In return I received a Bunnelby which I initially shrugged off as being a like-for-like trade, BUT... upon checking its status page I discovered that it has POKERUS! Not too shabby for my first ever Wonder Trade (though I do feel sorry for the recipient of my run of the mill Fletchling ;)).

At present I am in Santalune City with over 3 hours of play time clocked up and the Bug Badge to my name, courtesy of Pidgey and my starter, Chespin, who defeated Viola's Surskit and Vivillon respectively.

Team:
Chespin - Lv 14
Pidgey - Lv 13
Bunnelby - Lv 9
Torchic - Lv 11
Riolu - Lv 8

Snowjoe

Turbo Raptor
I finally received my copy of X yesterday after a weekend of disappointment where it should have been delivered. I'm loving everything about the game so far and have found myself getting easily distracted by Pokemon-Amie and the online features. Speaking of those online features, I decided to test the Wonder Trade function by trading an extra Fletchling that I inadvertently captured in Santalune Forest. In return I received a Bunnelby which I initially shrugged off as being a like-for-like trade, BUT... upon checking its status page I discovered that it has POKERUS! Not too shabby for my first ever Wonder Trade (though I do feel sorry for the recipient of my run of the mill Fletchling ;)).

At present I am in Santalune City with over 3 hours of play time clocked up and the Bug Badge to my name, courtesy of Pidgey and my starter, Chespin, who defeated Viola's Surskit and Vivillon respectively.

Team:
Chespin - Lv 14
Pidgey - Lv 13
Bunnelby - Lv 9
Torchic - Lv 11
Riolu - Lv 8

To be honest I caught Pokerus yesterday and I'm infecting everything and storing them to save it. I might start giving a few away on wonder trade as a treat for random people.

Also happy to trade it to anyone if they message me.

Jostru

Okay, so I was roaming Lumiose City and I suddenly come across this mysterious woman on the second floor of a building. I must admit it was pretty scary with the lights flickering and she just appearing behind you. :p

naudna

My squirtle beat a mega blaziken. It was close, as it barely survived a brave bird. It also had help as it had been paralysed before squirtle was sent out.

ryanthehuman

A few things I wanted to share:

Talonflame learns Steel Wing at level 60. It gets Flare Blitz and Brave Bird through the move relearner as well, not by level up.
My Gogoat just got to level 59 and learned Milk Drink! Odd choice but I guess it makes sense. I'm really suprised by Gogoat's moveset though. It's huge!
Heliptile also has a huge moveset, mine is now level 60 and hasn't learned any new attacks since Thunderbolt, which I think was at Level 49. I'm gonna level it a bit more before I evolve it though, but if it hasn't learnt any new moves by around level 65 then I think it's safe to assume that it's ready to evolve.
I also checked out Greninja's moveset via the move relearner and it is completely different to Froakie'ss and Frogadier's. Tons of moves that are Heart Scale exclusive. It's level up also becomes really ninja-esque. Substitute, Double Team, etc. etc.
Malamar learns Superpower and it is the coolest damn thing.

Edit: Just found a Noibat in Terminus Cave, same method as the likes of Woobat and Ferroseed in Glittering Cave, Ariados in Terminus Cave, as in it drops from the ceiling and attacks.

Last edited:

Tommyb2405

Just beat the champion :D ohko'd her Mega Gardevoir with my Mega Blaziken's Blaze Kick :p the cut scenes in this game are so amazing. Love it :D

theminnow

3D cities are a bit unfriendly but the rest of the game was tip top. Loving Kiloude City.