• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I battled Champion Diantha. My Fearow went up against her Hawlucha and beat it with Drill Peck. I then switched to my Blastoise, Mega Evolved it, and used Ice Beam to defeat Tyrantrum and Aura Sphere to defeat Aurorus. Next, Diantha sent out Gourgeist, who fell to a single Flamethrower from my Seviper. I went over to Sawk after that and used Bulk Up once, then Ice Punched Goodra and defeated Mega Gardevoir with Poison Jab.

For defeating Diantha, my Pokemon and I were entered into the Hall of Fame. A little while later, my friends and I were given a parade in Lumiose City to celebrate how amazing we all are. I saw AZ again there and had to battle him. My Fearow and Seviper took care of his Pokemon pretty easily. After the battle, I watched as AZ was reunited with his beloved Floette. Then, I just watched the credits.

Team:
022.png
009-m.png
539.png
702.png
336.png
673.png

Lv. 72-75

slowdude

Wonderlocke went terribly. I had made it to Geosenge town and was heading off to route 11. Completely forgot about the korina battle. So Ferroseed, Grotle, Bagon and Snorunt all fell. A level 28 Vigorath i had obtained earlier on was capable of surviving thanks to knowing powerup punch. Its not all bad. Got a level 36 Rufflet on route 11 and i have a level 37 Venomoth and 39 Swampert that were banked for future use between my previous entry. Anyway team consists of Vigoroth (30), Rufflet (36), nodran female (5), volbeat (16) on hand. Swampert (39), Venomoth (37), useless pikachu (4) and swablu (3) in reserve.

R.I.P Whismur, Cacnea, Pancham, Ferroseed, Grotle, Bagon, Snorunt.

This is going much better then my previous wonderlocke, though the high level vigoroth, venomoth, swampert and rufflet help lol.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
From the HA 5 IV Japanese Eevee I got via Wonder Trade the day before, I bred it in an attempt to get a HA 6 IV Eevee. Out of the 5 eggs, it resulted in a 1 IV, 2 IV, and 3 IV (HA) Eevees, which will likely be Wonder Traded in the coming days.

On a positive note, the other two Eevees that popped out were HA 5 IVs. Grrr so close but they're pretty good, so I'll take em ><

In other news, I went and chained Dittos today in an attempt to try to catch a shiny one and to see if I get lucky catching a multi-IV one. Both failed, and I have a bunch of Dittos. Will likely Wonder Trade them as well.

Last edited:

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
I've just started a new save file on Y, kinda tired of continuosly breeding in AS. This time I play in Japanese, as I'm studying it now. But gotta say, I could only understand about 50% of the text. Without having played in English before, I would have little idea in what the characters say.

So my adventure started. The cute little Fletchling woke me up, then I quickly get dressed. After that mom told to greet the neighbors. When I open the door, I found Calme and Sana had already been waiting outside. They told me about Professor Sycamore and things, then head to the next town. I quickly dash to the town too, and saw my new friends were waiting for me at a café.

Unfortunately my 3ds started flashing red (started the game when the light had already turned red), so I decided to save right there and get it charged. I'll pick my starter tomorrow.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I ran into Shauna in the Santalune Forest and we walked together. I strutted into the grass and caught a wild Pansage, Panpour, and Pikachu. After battling several trainers, I spotted Tierno and Trevor, then I encountered Serena again. She handed me a Poke Ball, then I fought more wild Pokemon for some extra experience to level up my team. I then dashed towards the end of the Santalune Forest and my pals and I marched into Route 3. I then got the Adventure Rules and fought many trainers around the lane. After beating some and catching a wild Burmy and Azurill, I arrived in Santalune City and visited the local Pokemon Center. I saw Tierno inside and he explained some stuff and I healed my Pokemon.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Helped one user here evolve their second-stage Pokemon to third-stage Pokemon via trade (Alakazam and Machamp). Felt pretty good about it.

While exploring a new Friend Safari (Fire), I came across a shiny (silver) Slugma - was a bit surprised that I was able to encounter one (despite the drastically lowered odds in FS). Caught it after tossing one Poke Ball :D

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back in Vaniville Town, I left my house after talking to my mom inside. Shauna was waiting for me outside and wanted to trade Pokemon with me. So, I traded her this Fletchling I didn't need and received her Froakie in return. After that, I started heading all the way back to Lumiose City. Once I got there, I made my way over to the train station and went inside. I got the National Dex there and then received a pass for the train from Prof. Sycamore.

Next, I took the train to Kiloude City. I received a Vs Recorder from someone after leaving the station, then started looking around the city. After visiting all the houses, I went into the Friend Safari building. I decided to enter the safari from my cousin's game and quickly encountered a Spiritomb in the grass. I tossed an Ultra Ball at it and caught it.

slowdude

Another day. Lots of progress. My Y wonderlocke has not been going well. Made it to Anister City with a team of Wobbuffet (11), Talonflame with Gale Wings (40), Mawile (42), Banette (49), Vigoroth (49), Swampert (49).

Not to say i really lost much, only Venomoth, Rufflet, Dodrio and a Charizard. Problem was everything else i got. Peliper, junk eevee, poochyena, nothing helioptile, nidoran f, early route pikachu, swablu in Y, wurmple, volbeat, masquerain. Also have a litwick and absol in bank but im already using a litwick in my omega ruby wonderlocke and absol mega isnt until after league so **** that.

Anyway swampert, vigoroth, mawile and banette will easily get me through the rest of the game.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Chain fished the water in Route 21 in an effort to find a Shiny Pokemon.

Well, least to say, the effort was a partial success. I was able to capture my second Shiny Poliwhirl on one of my many streaks (on the 10th consecutive streak) while breaking a lot of streaks because of me screwing up.

Also since I was chain fishing, I decided to see if I can have a little fun on the side stealing wild Pokemon's held items while waiting for my consecutive fishing streaks to build up. Brought along Gourgeist (with Frisk) and temporarily taught Thief to my Greninja. So far, I have stolen 4 King's Rocks off Poliwraths, a Deep Sea Tooth off a Basculin, and a Dragon Scale off of a Dragonair (and still counting...)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
After spending some time at the Friend Safari, I left and went over to the Battle Maison. I tried the Single Battle challenge there and defeated a couple of trainers. I did not really want to continue after that, so I interrupted the challenge and went back outside to walk around. At the northernmost part of the city, I talked to Calem and had another battle with him. My Fearow used Drill Peck and Facade to defeat his Meowstic and then Gogoat took down Jolteon with Earthquake. Then, my Mega Blastoise handled Calem's Delphox, Clefable, Altaria, and Mega Absol with no problems at all. After the battle, Calem gave me an Absolite.

Next, I took the train back to Lumiose City and then headed back to Anistar City. I went over to the sundial and saw Prof. Sycamore waiting for me there. He told me some things about other Mega Stones located around the region and helped me upgrade my Mega Ring so that I'll be able to find them.

slowdude

I spent some time today leveling Talonflame, Mawile and later on Eevee, Helioptile, Volbeat, Nidorina, and Litwick all to 45-50. Naturally evolution galore as we ended up with Heliolisk, Lampent, Nidoqueen and a Espeon. Sadly Heliolisk and Lampent didn't even last a single battle falling to Rival's Delphox. Even sadder news Vigoroth perished to a Medicham going through Anister City's gym.

So wonderlocke team heading into team flare's cafe. Swampert (49), Espeon (49), Nidoqueen (50), Talonflame (50), Banette (50), Mawile (52). With a usable level 47 Volbeat in reserve. Can't wait to get past team flare so i can get a couple more encounters.

Also found pokerus legit while leveling up the leftovermon team. Was like wow legit pokerus.

Lorde

So I left Santalune City's PC and ran around and traded Bunnelby for Farfetch'd inside a home. Next I stepped outside and received a Great Ball inside another house and then I sashayed straight north, but the path that led to Route 4 was blocked by Alexa. I instead sashayed to the Trainer's School and attained X Attacks and X Defenses there, then I visited the Santalune City Gym. I battled a Roller Skater outside of there and I thrashed her Zigzagoon with Pansage. I received the Roller Skates afterwards and I healed my Pokemon at the Santalune City Pokemon Center next. After finishing most of the stuff in Santalune City, I went east to Route 22 in order to level grind against some trainers and wild Pokemon.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Today must have been my lucky day:

- Received a 6IV shiny Sneasel and a couple of 5IV Mons off Wonder Trade

- Beat the odds by paying a visit to the Lost Hotel for Rotom Tuesdays and encountered + captured Wash, Heat, and Frost Rotoms in 3/4 of the Trash Cans. Encountering Rotom in its alternate forms in the wild is incredibly rare, and encountering 3 of them in its different forms was pretty neat, least to say

Vernikova

Champion
I completed Emma's story today. It was pretty fun with the foreign, punk gang. I spent ¥100,000 on the hotel where Malva was staying, and it's probably the biggest waste of money I ever spent in Pokemon.

Antfiction

I've been having my most successful Nuzlocke ever (I have never finished one) and then today I lost both Teddy my Meowstic and Cecil my Pyroar :/

I've started training up a Numel to make up for Pyroar and I'm thinking I might just let Xerneas fill my last spot (unless I decide no legendaries)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Did a few Wonder Trades, just a couple of Pinsir's I had in stock. I got a few nice surprises: Sheer Force Totodile, Anticipation Eevee, Contrary Shuckle, a nice Forretress, Helioptile a Scatterbug that turned into a River Pattern (which I missed) and.. Lugia.. Gasp..

Considering I'm also playing Omega Ruby, that means I can get Ho-oh from there.

Edit: Also got a Xerneas for a random Kyogre I got a while back. I got the Kyogre for a Treecko, which was weird disproportionate.. It's not really a good Xerneas, so I might trade it for a new Xerneas.

I don't know what to do with Y now.. Probably catch Zygarde and do something in Lumiose City, but it doesn't really interest me at all.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Evolved my Seadra and shortly after took on Olympia. Kingdra OHKO'd Sigilyph with Ice Beam, Reuncilus was a little tougher. Larvesta used a Bug Bite and Flame Charge to defeat it not before almost fainting to a Psychic. Slowking one Thunderbolt from Magnezone - too strong.

After that a Holocaster message popped up and Lysandre was talking about eliminating everything that was ugly and not members of Team Flare.

Lysandre Labs is next.

Lorde

So on Route 22, I fought against trainers as I passed the race track and slayed some Pokemon as well for experience and I caught a wild Litleo and Psyduck. I then sprinted back towards Santalune City and I healed my darlings, then I visited the Santalune Gym. I slid down a pole in the art gallery room and landed on a web in the center of the Gym. I moved on the web and I thrashed several Gym trainers and their weak Bug-types for some extra experience. I stepped outside again quickly and visited the Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon and to purchase some items, then I walked along the web back at the Santalune Gym and saved once I had reached the canopy where Gym Leader Viola was standing.

Leafy Sea Dragon

So while I was hunting for a few Scyther for my live dex, I ran into a horde of Spinda and ran way. As I pressed the run button I noticed one of them was a shiny... The whole reason I was hunting the horde of Scyther and not just plain running in the grass was in case I would encounter a shiny pokemon too... I think I was just annoyed at how rare Scyther were. Being disappointed that I ran way from the shiny, I stopped my work on the live dex (after catching the final Scyther I needed) and now currently hunting for that darn Spinda. I even tried DexNav chaining it in Omega Ruby, but I broke the chain after 30 or so (currently around 333 encounters). Then I went back to Y, the game with the shiny charm, to horde farm it, and I ran into a shiny Swablu... Luckily I caught that one!

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Decided to work towards finishing my Kalos Dex. So far, I have about 20 Pokemon I need to capture, breed, or transfer over from Pokemon Y (which I will start to play very soon) As for attempting to obtain all 719 Pokemon for the Shiny Charm, that's a different story because of the time commitment involved. Side note: if anyone can help me trade-evolve a Gorebyss or let me borrow a Gorebyss and/or Yveltal so I can get its Dex entry, please let me know - I will be grateful to you for that :)

I also did a quick transfer of some of my AS Pokemon over to via Pokemon Bank, including my entire Legendary Pokemon set. This increased my Dex count by at least 25.

Did another round of WT on X last night and I got a Cobalion on one of my trades. What must that guy be thinking....lol