• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Decided to start up a new game in Y. Honestly have no idea what pokemon to use though

started with a Chepin named Apple. After the Catching tutorial i caught a Bunnelby named Rumble for pick up. Took a few hours to find a Bunnelby with Pick up and a good nature. Did my best to rush through Santalune Forest so I could reach the city. Recieved and deposited the Zygarde, while I debated between using Litleo or Azurill. Eventually settled on Litleo, because friendship evolutions are difficult. Got lucky and the first Litleo i found was male with Rivalry. I then took Ying-Yang(Litleo) back through the Forest to level up.

Team
Apple/Chespin lvl 9
Rumble/Bunnelby/ lvl 8
Ying-Yang/Litleo lvl 9

Last edited:
Got back on to an X run I've left off for a while, which was a Sinnoh-Only team. I've intentionally been using Pokemon I either have not used, or have barely used. If anyone's interested, the (rotating) team is:

The Dark One (Bibarel) Lv. 50
Meme Jackal (Lucario) Lv. 50
Beeyonce (Vespiquen) Lv. 50
Femstache (Probopass) Lv. 49
That's Grand (Garchomp) Lv. 50
Obama's No (Abomasnow) Lv. 50
(at this point, the rotation started)
Smogoven (Rotom-Heat) Lv. 50
Scorwby (Drapion) Lv. 50

I've been grinding for the Snowbelle City Gym, sweet lord is it hard to grind up on a rotation run. Surprised with how much Mountain Kalos Pokemon I've been using, though e_e

I then started Chain Fishing, and got an Octillery and Clawitzer, both on decently low chains.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished catching Mewtwo and headed out to Anistar city in the evening to talk with professor Sycamore by the sundial. I then set off to find the remaining mega stones around Kalos.
- I visited the Chamber of Emptiness, the Santalune Forest, Cyllage city, Reflection Cave and Glittering Cave to grab mega stones and next I visited the Looker Bureau place again.
- I had to battle Malva's butler and then I spoke with Malva herself again once I had finished more missions, I accessed Lysandre Labs again and defeated Essentia and freed Emma.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I hatched a Riolu on my Y to send to my Omega Ruby. I wanted to raise a Mega Lucario on OR, but since I already bred for a perfect Lucario on Y quite a while ago, I figured it'd be easier to use Y to breed for the Riolu. Anyway, I put my Lucario and Ditto in the Day Care and got some Riolu eggs. After hatching a few, I had a Riolu with flawless IVs in every stat I needed. I nicknamed the Riolu and then sent it over to OR using Bank.

Also, I downloaded the shiny Xerneas event and picked it up at the Pokemon Center. Might also pick it up on my X later if I remember.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I transferred my birthday glaceon over to X to get the kalos E4 ribbon onto him which I did. I used my good stats mewtwo, Atomika II and this time the only pokemon that survived any hits was probopass with sturdy. Mega gardevoire must be weak to physical attacks because psystrike destroyed her. Also psystrike 1 shot starmie even though it's resisted. Next I will be going for 50 wins in the battle Maison in singles to get the last gen 6 ribbon onto my glaceon (besides footprint and storytime ribbons)

considering doing the looker quest chain that I've heard everyone talk about the past few years since the game came out. For some reason it never really interested me, didn't feel like it really pulled me in that much so idk I might do some of that after the ribbons in X.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished saving Emma from Xerosic's control and Looker arrested him and I completed all of the Looker Bureau cases hee hee. I flew to Kiloude city next and visited the Maison again.
- I competed at the Maison with Shauna as my partner next, then when I had won tons of BP I simply left the city and went to my garden of berries and tended to it and pulled weeds.
- I visited the Chateau close by and defeated Diantha and gym leaders as well for money. I then picked up the gift Zygarde that I had downloaded and challenged the league again.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I was breeding some competitive Pokémon on my Y version and it was time to get a modest Feebas. After 10 eggs I got a shiny modest Feebas. I jumped out of my chair out of joy.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I defeated Wikstrom, Drasna and Malva easily at the league building, but I struggled somewhat against Siebold when I had challenged him. I soon defeated Diantha however hee hee. :]
- After the ending credits, I went to Azure Bay and did some fishing. I was mostly shiny hunting, but I also worked on filling my Dex and I also visited Kiloude's Friend Safari after that.
- I did some trades as well and began evolving my stored Kanto starter pokemon that I had retrieved from Bank. I then went to Lumiose's hotel and did room service jobs for money. :3

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Just breeding some pokemon for battle mansion. I got a shiny flawless umbreon with curse/payback/rest/sleeptalk on WT so breeding a kangaskan for mega evolution with return/sucker punch/Earthquake/fake out with scrappy and jolly nature. I'm not sure which other one I'm going to use properly use my L100 aegislash/chesnaught/talonflame or gliscor or I might breed a marvel scale dratini or azumarrill. I'm only after single battles to get items for evolution and tms.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with Ying-Yang fighting the two Trainers on Route 3 that i skipped. Also, caught another Bunnelby named Rabbit to trade for Quacklin'. More training on route 22 until Apple and Ying-Yang were both level 12. Rumble ended up at level 10. Viola's gym was super easy with Ying-Yang. Only had to use Apple for Surskit. In Route 4 i caught a red and yellow Flabebe for my collection. Grabbed a Squirtle from Sycamore and got a Haircut in Lumiose City. Spent some time in Route 5 looking for Abra with no luck. Apple evolved into Quilladin after the Plusle and Minun fight. Spent some time in the Purple flowers looking for a Blue Flabebe. Eventually found out that they aren't in route 5 at all. Grabbed my Shiny Xerneas at the Camphrier Pokecenter.

Team
Apple/Quilladin - lvl 17
Ying-Yang/Litleo - lvl 17
Rumble/Bunnelby - lvl 11

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Got myself a shiny rayquaze from gts so finished hoenn dex.
Managed to get myself to the battle chantilaine on the singles been beat her finally so got some more evolution items and increased my eyes dex
Caught a traunt female durant in my second horde first female with that ability
Finished johto dex so only need legendary pokemon from sinnoh and unnova and a couple of others and I will get the shiny charm

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I continued my 240-win Super Triples streak at the Battle Maison. I found the battles easy and didn't really find myself in any tight spots, even when I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. I believe I only faced one team of legendaries, which helped a lot. Anyway, I defeated 20 more trainers and got my streak to 260 wins.

Also, I got the shiny Yveltal and picked it up at the Kiloude Pokemon Center once I was done at the Maison. I stored it right next to my shiny Xerneas in the PC.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with waiting till night time, so i could see the fireworks at Parfum Palace better. Caught a Sentret on the way through Route 6, because why not. The fight with Snorlax was a real pain. Ying-Yang KO'd Snorlax three times thanks to ember burning it. Eventually caught it with an Ultra Ball from Rumble. The next morning i finally caught a Blue Flabebe on Route 7. Also, found an Orange Flabebe while i was at it. Spent some time in the Battle Chateau until i decided i needed a third teammate. Enter Midnight the Spritzee. Surprisingly had a neutral nature on my first capture. Went back to Camphrier Town and deposited the Flabebe and Rumble. I then did a few more battles in the Chateau until Midnight was level 18.

Team
Apple/Quilladin - lvl 22
Ying-Yang/Litleo - lvl 23
Midnight/Spritzee - lvl 18

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im a few days late in reporting this but my progress filling non-legend/event pkmn is going great. ENG, JPN and most recently the Spanish pokedex are all complete except for a bunch of legends. i got 8 non-legend German pkmn, 21 French non-legend pkmn to get and a whole bunch of Italian and Korean pkmn to get for my dex. its been a long project but im amazed i got this far.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Started Pokemon Y. Chose Froakie as my starter. Caught a Fletchling, wondertraded it and got a Goomy. Proceeded to catch another Fletchling for my team. Defeated Viola, and reached Lumiose City. After meeting the professor I went to Route 5 and stopped there.

slowdude

Started a Y wonderlocke the other day. Currently in reflection cave with a Charmeleon, Frogadier, Bagon, Scraggy, Roselia, Skarmory. Lost pretty much everyone else due to all the fighting type trainers recently. Getting a Skarmory in reflection cave sure was a life saver.

Calem's Absol haxed poor Bagon and Scraggy to death (plus a missed move). Absol was sent in as Scraggy was at 75% health. Absol proceeds to flinch with bite 3 times in a row and finally when i got high jump kick in which Scraggy just learnt missed and it killed itself. Then Bagon also got flinched followed by a crit bite to kill it. So new team Charmeleon, Frogadier, Roselia, Skarmory and a Spiritomb i received on route 12. Might exp share the pidgey, bidoof, zigzagoon and wurmple that i'm not using alongside the Spiritomb just in case i lose anyone else important at the third gym.

Last edited:

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
fought against the second gym last night and got my *** kicked :p most of my team were 3 or 4 lvls lower then the gym leader's team. I had a 1HKO on the Amaura but his Tyrunt was blasting through my team. I had some bad luck when I missed a few of my attacks and he got 2 critical hits, but still. It's been a while since I ever had problems with a gym. I feel ashamed

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i maxed out my berry field today so i can get 100 berries of each type in the game. i already hit the 50x quantity for 90% of the berries in the game. i also got 3 other needed foreign pkmn to my foreign dex list. just missing 2 non legendary pkmn from German origin to complete the non legedary. English is 720/720. as far a foreign pkmn go i have a minimum of 662/720 in the following origins: Japanese, Spanish. 660/720 in German origin and 644/720 from french origin.

i had 6.6 mil on hand ingame and decided to spend around 5.6mill to max out all but regular, great/ultra pokeball inventory in the carrying bag of my character. i will need to hit up a few places to build back up my reserves to finish off the other balls.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with more Chateau battles till Midnight was level 20. Also ranked up to Viscountess. Still have never recieved an item from anyone at the Chateau. Eventually i finally made it to Ambrette Town. Along route 9 i caught a Helioptile on a whim. Unfortunately, it had dry skin and a careful nature. Wonder traded it at the entrace to Glittering cave and got a level 38 onix. On the way through the cave i caught Solrock and Lunatone in honor of Sun 7 Moon. Once i beat team Flare i Decided to test if Solrock and Lunatone could fight in the Route 9 Sky battle. Turns out they can, but i forgot to use EXP Share so none of my regular team got anything from it. Caught another Helioptile on the way back to Ambrette. I dont plan on using it , but the Quirky nature is a much better choice. Revived Amaura and rushed off to Cyllage City. Immediately grabbed the Sachet and evolved Midnight with my Omega Ruby. Had more trouble with the Trainer in Cyllage Gym then Grant. Ying-Yang fell to a Dwebble and Qulladin to Solrock. Midnight however managed to beat Grant's Amaura with Sweet kiss and a super potion. Tyrunt being a dragon type fell to one Draining Kiss. Caught a Hawlucha afterward so i could use Strength in connecting cave. Also caught an Eevee and immediately evolved it to Flareon. Spent a few more days at the Chateau until i ranked up to Countess.

Team
Apple/Quilladin - lvl 27
Ying-Yang/Litleo - lvl 27
Midnight/Aromatisse - lvl 27

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Hello again, everyone... Never had too much time for this site because typing about pokemon is something I do with friends, so doing it again on a forum takes even more of my time typing about pokemons...
But good things have happened, so here goes a quick blast of my life in Y lately...

Was paid $50 by a friend who is the youngest of three brothers... His brothers cheated their way through pokemon with a hacked legendary team. Detestable. My commission was to build him a LEGITIMATE team of 6 flawless IV pokemon in which to trounce his cheating, older brothers...

I completed that...

In the process, I bred two more shiny pokemon, and, with the rest of the shiny pokemon I've bred, they have 5/6 perfect stats, and at least a pair of egg moves... Except my baby girl Larvitar, she was unexpected, and happened very early on in the breeding process... She has no egg moves, sadly, but 5 perfect stats is good enough for me!!

I bred a shiny boy Abra with Psycho Shift and Barrier, plus two other random egg moves that came from the parents of the Psycho Shift and Barrier, but forget what they are at the moment, as I was only shooting for those two moves...

Also bred a shiny female Scraggy, again, with only two egg moves, and named her Tank Girl in honor of her radiation shiny evolved colors, and being that she is a butchy lookin' chick!!! LOVE HER!!!

Also finally leveled up my 5 IV Shiny (bred) Hydreigon last night... Dang, I live for breeding perfect pokemon and getting shinies as a bonus!!!!

I think I'm up to 75 shinies, 35~ of which are 'Garden Variety' Shinies, which is what I call any shiny with 3 or less perfect IV's. Not worthless, just not what I use. Mostly trading fodder. That Tank Girl (scraggy) was my 10th shiny that I've bred. STOKED!!!

Had to squee to peeps who know what the heck I'm talking about, for a change!!!

Adieu