• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I played my Y today in order to continue my Super Triples challenge at the Battle Maison. Like last time, most of the battles I had today were easy and pretty uneventful overall. There were a few battles that started off rough and/or could've gone horribly wrong, though. One battle had my opponent leading with 3 tough Flying types that KOed my Greninja and Garchomp, while another had that awful OHKO Walrein as a lead. Additionally, there was a battle where I wasn't really paying attention and lost my Greninja and Aron on the first turn due to Electrode and Mold Breaker Hawlucha. That was worrisome, but the battle wasn't too bad after that.

Anyway, I made it to something like 282 wins before deciding to stop for the day. Once I finished, I went to the front room of the Maison to buy some things with my Battle Points. I mostly bought some hold items I didn't have and evolution items in case I need them in the future. I spent a lot of BP, but I didn't mind as I had 9,999 to start with.

holmeperos

I finally completed my living dex last night, so today has been shiny hunting. On OR I managed to get my shiny zigzagoon after only 16 hordes. Now I'm going back to X and get some money from Le Wow for some super repels; then it's on to smeargle with the Pokeradar. Let's see how this goes haha. I'll probably break my chain plenty of times while getting the hang out it but thats okay, its a learning experience lol.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Spent more time at the Battle Maison today as I wanted to see if I could get my Super Triples streak to 300 wins. Once again, I didn't have much trouble against the trainers I faced. There were definitely a few annoying and potentially dangerous Pokemon, but I dealt with them by switching out at the right time or getting defeating them right away. As a result, I was never in danger of losing any of the battles I did today.

I took a break when I hit 310 wins! This is definitely the best streak I've ever achieved at any battle facility in any game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Being playing X with a full team of Ash's pokemon - Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern, Raichu and Snorelax. Taught Fly to Talonflame, Cut to Hawlucha and Snorelax got strength and Surf. Raichu was given Rock Smash to smash rocks. Beaten the first five gym leaders and training at the Battle Chateau. Attempting to get Duke rank. My character's name is Ash Ketchum.

I'm starting another run of X. Sticking to my old rules: set mode instead of switch, match the GL's Pokémon count, and limiting myself to create a good challenge. But today I only had time to name my character Fleur, get my Froakie, beat Shauna, and catch 7 Pokémon to trade my eggs over, as my planned team is:

Greninja
Excadrill
Froslass (3 eggs to assure female Snorunt)
Flygon
Xatu
Gengar

All of which aren't found in Kalos, or are found in Mountain Kalos, besides Greninja. Can't remember the Froakie's nickname atm though, but I think I'm going for a theme?

Fleur's Team
??? the Froakie

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Today on Y I did some breeding cuz I wanted to have pre-evolved forms of many pokemon that I plan to send to Sun and Moon when they come out in a few months.
- I worked on harvesting berries as well and since I needed cash for clothes and items, I challenged Emma, Calem and the Kalos E4 to battles hee hee. I also battled in the Chateau. :3
- I paid a visit to the stone emporium shop in Lumiose too and stocked up on stones, then I did room service in the hotel and picked up the event Manaphy at the pokemon center. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
I won another 30 battles at the Battle Maison today, bringing me to 340 straight wins. The toughest Pokemon I faced today were probably a lead Electrode and Aerodactyl (from two different battles) as anything that outspeeds my Greninja is really annoying. However, the rest of the Pokemon the Electrode/Aerodactyl trainers had were really easy, so those two battles weren't that difficult overall. My worst battle today ended with me still having 3 Pokemon left, and I did manage to win quite a few matches with all 6 Pokemon left.
So yeah, I'm still having a great time with this streak.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I did some training and evolved a few pokemon that I had transferred over from Black, then I focused on catching a few pokemon around Kalos that I didn't have and I evolved them.
- I did some fishing at coastal areas and some more catching at the Friend Safari in Kiloude city as well after adding some friend codes. While I did that, I also shiny hunted too ha ha.
- I battled at the Battle Maison too with Shauna as my partner next and won BP, then I went to Victory Road and caught a Hydreigon and evolved my Larvesta into Volcarona finally. ^^;

Aquarelle

Staff member
Spent a few hours continuing at the Battle Maison. Most of the battles were still easy, but I finally started having some pretty tough ones as well. My hardest battle was one where my opponent had an Aerodactyl/Archeops/Crobat lead that my Pokemon struggled against. I won that battle with just my Aegislash and 12 HP Garchomp remaining.

Other battles had Aerodactyl and/or fast Electric type leads, which were difficult to deal with at times.
During one battle, my opponent switched out A LOT, which messed up some of my attacks.
I also had several battles where the opponent set up Trick Room, which I hadn't seen in a while. Those fights definitely had some rough spots.

But in the end, I managed to win every battle I did today. My Super Triples streak is now at 400 wins!
And my BP is just a few battles away from being maxed out again.

Drummerdude

I started over my Y version with the intent of finally beating the 6th Gen with Fennekin as my starter!!

So I began the game and chose Fennekin which made quick work of Shauna's Chespin and then gave my mom a rather raunchy letter from Professor Sycamore before heading off on my journey. On Route 2 I captured a Bunnelby to use for the time being so Fennekin doesn't get too overlevelled and then learned how to catch Pokemon thanks to Serena. Shauna and I teamed up inside the Santalune Forest and before I knew it I was in Santalune City. I talked to everyone in the city and then headed to the gym where a girl gave me some Roller Blades. I headed east and battled a few trainers before taking a break.

653.png
Lv11
659.png
Lv8

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off back in Geosenge Town with the dual Lucario fight. Midnight had no problems with either of them. Midnight cleared out most of Reflection cave along the way as well. Wasn't any different when we finally got to Shalour City and the Tower of Mastery. Midnight took out all of Calem's pokemon. Then she handled all of Korrina's gym as well. During the Lucario fight on top of the Tower though, i did lose. Thought Bone Club would KO her Mega Lucario, but it only took away half its HP. After depositing the Lucario in the PC, i headed for Route 12. Picked up the Sun Stone for Intriguing Stone trade along the way. Eventually found a Mareep horde and added Wooley to my team. Unfortunately being level 13 i had no way to level Wooley up besides the EXP share. Eventually, Wooley evolved. After grabbing the free Lapras for surf, i headed up to Azure Bay and grabbed the Ampharosite. Wooley was level 23 by the time i reached Coumarine City. Midnight dealt with most of Calem's team again, but this time Lapras handled Braixen.

Team
Apple/Quilladin - lvl 34
Ying-Yang/Litleo - lvl 33
Midnight/Aromatisse - lvl 36
Wooley/Flaaffy lvl 27

Last edited:

Drummerdude

After I finished training I headed to the gym and challenged Viola. Bunnelby did pretty well against Surskit but fainted which meant Fennekin was able to finish it off with Scratch. Fennekin's Ember made quick work of Vivillion and I received my first badge. After the battle I headed to Route 4 and beat the trainers there and soon arrived in Lumiose City. I headed over to Professor Sycamore's lab and beat him to get a Squirtle which I will never use. I also met Lysandre and Diantha before heading to Route 5 where I caught my second team member, a Pancham (which was somehow Adamant with Iron Fist on the first try)! I hurried along Route 5 and witnessed Fennekin evolve into Braixen!

I eventually made it to Camphrier Town where I learned nothing new about Mega Evolution but I did get to explore a castle and a palace before dealing with a sleeping Snorlax. After knocking out the behemoth I took a break.

654.png
Lv19
674.png
Lv18
659.png
Lv15

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few days ago, I won quite a few more battles at the Maison. I defeated another 30 trainers easily, without having a single tough battle. I was going to stop there for the moment, but I decided to continue a bit further to see if the fights would get more difficult. And...they didn't. All of the next 20 battles were just as easy. Even Pokemon like Aerodactyl or OHKO-Walrein that normally give me trouble just didn't this time.

Anyway, that battling got me to 450 wins. My BP's also maxed out again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I spent almost an hour on shiny hunting as well as on Dex filling today. I transferred a few more pokemon to Bank as well cuz my boxes were getting full, then I went to Lumiose again.
- I challenged the Battle Institute place and I simply got Super Rank despite how strong my team was hee hee. ^^; I went around Lumiose and battled at the Sushi High Roller restaurant. :]
- After selling some Big Nuggets that I had won, I did some shopping and finished stuff in Lumiose and flew to Dendemille town next since I had to use the Move Relearner's services. ^^

Gengarite X

Started putting together my team for my next playthrough, It'll be Fennekin, Pumpkaboo, Magnemite, Pancham, Clauncher and Gible. Looking forward to a new adventure.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I paid a quick visit to Frost Cavern cuz I needed to catch a Bergmite and Vanillite. Once I had caught them, I trained and leveled them up until they had both evolved fully. :]
- I deposited Avalugg and Vanilluxe now and I visited the Lost Hotel's southern half and went on a catching spree inside. When that was finished, I worked on evolving a Litwick. ^^
- I used a Dusk Stone on my newly evolved Lampent, then I sent the Chandelure to my Bank and focused on fishing for shinies at Azure Bay and around the Tower of Mastery as well.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
After what seemed like eternity (on and off) on Pokemon Y, I caught a Mewtwo (in a normal Poke Ball) that, to my surprise, had the perfect set of IVs (5 IVs, sans Attack) along with a decent nature (Modest).

With that out of the way, time to finish the rest of the postgame.

Drummerdude

I continued along Route 7 and teamed up with Serena to beat Trevor and Tierno. Then I went through the Connecting Cave onto Route 8 and soon made it to Ambrette Town. Serena and I were told to head to the Glittering Cave so we did just that and had our first encounter with Team Flare. After beating those goons we each received a fossil and I quickly went back to Ambrette Town to revive my Jaw Fossil into my third team member, a Tyrunt! I then headed along the beach to Cyllage City and headed to the gym. Inside I climbed the walls and battled trainers until I reached Grant. Pancham took out his Amaura with a single Karate Chop and and almost defeated Grant's Tyrunt. Luckily my own Tyrunt was able to take it out with Bulldoze and I received my second badge!

654.png
Lv23
674.png
Lv24
696.png
Lv23

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got ORAS today so i could get some easy foreign pkmn and had an interesting day. i got a modest female treeckoon 1st try. the thunderfang poochyena put the hax on me, paralysis on 1st hit on treecko and got 5 full paralysis on the subsequent turns......... i caught it and trained it a bit. i went over to my X file and trained a few pkmn so i can breeze thru any NPC on the way to mauville city.

Slypher

After playing this game continuously since Nov 2015, I am now on the final stretch of 100% completing this game. My Kalos Pokedex has been finished, so all I have left to do get the Pokemon from all the Friend Safaris I collected, and rely on GTS to finish the job.

I think by August, I'll be able to get it all done. Just in time for Sun and Moon.