• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the second part, which takes me over a week to finish due to IRL issues. Nevertheless, I manage to successfully finish the part without whiting out.

Part 1-2:

I go to the Trainers’ School and get 3 X Attacks and 3 X Defenses from the gentleman. I then head towards Route 4 and talk to Alexa and get the Exp Share. I go to Route 4 and grab a Repel. I dodge the skaters, and take the left path through the flowers to dodge the girl. I talk to the professor’s assistants, and agree to visit the professor. I get TM27, and head to Lumiose City. After healing at the Pokémon Center, I go to the lab, and head to the second floor. I talk to the scientist to get 5 Luxury Balls. I then go to the third floor and battle Sycamore. I use Aerial Ace against his Bulbasaur. I then use Aerial Ace twice on his Squirtle, and Aerial Ace twice against his Charmander. I choose Squirtle from the starters, get a Blastoisinite, and head to the Pokémon Center. I deposit Chespin and Squirtle, and sell all Poke Balls, 3 X Defenses, 2 Luxury Balls. I then buy the Swords Dance TM. Go to Cafe Soleil and partake in the cutscene. I then head to Route 5, getting the O Powers Attack Power and Defense Power on the way.

I talk to Korrina, and teach Farfetch’d Swords Dance over Fury Cutter. I then fight Tierno. I use Leer, Swords Dance, and then Aerial Ace to KO his Corphish. I get 3 Honeys and go along the left wall to avoid the runner. After going up the stairs, I dip into the purple flowers to avoid the rising star and encounter and KO a Gulpin, and get poisoned in the process. In my attempt to avoid the running trainers, I encounter and run from a horde of Gulpin. I then head to Camphrier Town safely.

I get the Star Piece and Ether and heal at the Pokémon Center. I sell the Star Piece and 3 Honeys, and buy 4 Repels, 5 Super Potions, 1 Antidote, 1 Paralyze Heal, and 2 Awakenings. I go to the castle for the cutscene, get an Escape Rope, and talk to the red head for a Berry Juice. I then go into the nearby house and talk to the maid to get a Sweet Heart. I go to Route 7 to trigger the Snorlax cutscene, then head to Route 6. I swerve behind the first trainer, and encounter and KO an Audino. I avoid the second trainer and arrive at Parfum Palace, where I heal at the bed and go to the garden behind the mansion. I get HM01, a Super Potion, and a Guard Spec. I then head to the north-west hedge section. I get HM01, solve the puzzle, and leave the hedge section. I go right to pick up a Rare Candy hidden at the top of the fountain. Then, I return to the palace and up the left stairs to the balcony and partake in the cutscenes. I enter the first available door, see the fireworks, and remind Shauna about the Poke Flute. I return to the Snorlax after getting the Poke Flute and TM17, picking up an Oran Berry on the way and encountering and KO’ing a Venipede. I wake up the Snorlax, and run from it. I head west and partake in the daycare cutscene. I then continue west, partake in the Trevor cutscene, and equip the Berry Juice. I then start the battle with Trevor and Tierno. I use Swords Dance on Turn 1. I then use Aerial Ace once on Tierno’s Corphish, which was enough to KO it since it was already weakened by Calem’s Fletchling, which faints after getting doubled by Trevor and Tierno’s Pokémon. I use Knock Off on Trevor’s Pikachu, and Calem’s Braixen finishes it off with an Ember. I then use Aerial Ace on Trevor’s Flabebe. I encounter and KO a Flabebe, get the PP Up hidden in the flowers, and go left in to the south entrance of Connecting Cave. I heal using the Scientist, and enter Route 8.

After the cutscene, I get a hidden Super Potion, get an HP up, encounter and run from a Spoink, and run diagonally around the rising star. I encounter and run from 2 Absols and a Bagon, and get a Leaf Stone. Enter from the left side when the rocks are reached. I head to Ambrette Town, and heal at the Pokémon Center. I then go to the lab and say no to the Scientist to hear his explanation about Pokémon Fossils. I get a Rocky Helmet, head to Route 9, encounter and run from a Hippopatas, and take a free heal from the lady outside Glittering Cave. I go straight through the cave, encounter and KO a Machop, take the third branching path, encounter and KO a Lunatone, encounter and run from a Mawile, and pick up the Shadow Claw TM. I encounter and KO a Cubone, use a potion to heal Farfetch’d, and fight the first Flare Grunt. I use Swords Dance, and then use an Aerial Ace each on the first Flare Grunt’s Houndour and Zubat. I have Farfetch’d forego learning Slash. I fight the second Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance twice. I then use Aerial Ace on the second Flare Grunt’s Gulpin, which puts Farfetch’d to sleep in the process. I use an Awakening and then use Knock Off on the second Flare Grunt’s Electrike. I encounter and run from a Woobat, and join Calem for the double fight. I use Swords Dance on the first turn, and use Aerial Ace on the Flare Grunts’ Scraggy. I then try to use Aerial Ace on the Flare Grunts’ Croagunk, only for Calem’s Braixen to finish it off for me and win the battle. I then get the Escape Rope, find the scientist, and get the Jaw Fossil. I use the Escape Rope, heal using the lady outside, and return to Ambrette town using Route 9. Along the way, I encounter and run from a Hippopotas and 2 Sandiles.

I get the Rock Smash TM from the brunette southwest of the Pokemon Center and then go through the aquarium. I head to the beach and get a hidden Heart Scale and hidden Rare Candy. I get a Pearl, the Dowsing Machine, another Pearl, and dodge the right-facing swimmer. I enter Cyllage City, get a green bike and register it. I then buy 12 Soda Pops, get the hidden X Speed, and head northwest to Route 10. I encounter and run from a Snubbull and Gollett, get a Mind Plate and X Accuracy, and find a Hawlucha. I use one Aerial Ace to weaken it, and throw Luxury Balls at it and catch it on the first try. I have Farfetch’d forego learning Air Cutter in the process, and move the caught Hawlucha upfront. I then teach it Swords Dance and Rock Smash in place of Roost and Aerial Ace, and use the two Rare Candies on it. I then return to Cyllage City and heal at the Pokémon Center. I then give Hawlucha a massage, which was average in quality, and then move Farfetch’d back to the front of the party. I get HM04, and enter the gym. I begin the battle with Leader Grant, and use Leer against his Amaura, which only hits once before Farfetch’d faints. I then use Rock Smash to KO the Amaura. I then use Swords Dance, and use Rock Smash twice to KO the Tyrunt, who only manages to connect with Rock Tomb once. I get the Cliff Badge and TM39 and end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the third part and get the Rumble Badge:

Part 3 Plan:

Cyllage City, Route 10, Geosenge Town:

Get the Hidden Protein, X Defense and Hidden Ether. Heal at the Pokémon Center, and retrieve the stored Pokémon. Turn off the Exp share. Receive a second massage for Hawlucha, Then head to Geosenge town using Route 10, getting the hidden Revive on the way. Once at Geosenge Town, follow the grunt north west of the Pokémon Center. Say yes to Calem, head to the east exit, and battle Korrina. Use Swords Dance twice, and use Rock Smash on her two Lucarios. Head to Route 11.

Route 11, Reflection Cave:

Go right between the psychic and the berry tree, then go down once up the stairs to avoid the grass and runner. Take the call, head upstairs and into the Reflection Cave. Give Hawlucha the Jaw Fossil, use a Repel, and heal to full. Face Backpacker Lane. Use Swords dance and use Rock Smash twice against his Linoone. Teach Hawlucha Fling over Rock Smash. Heal to full, and head south staying to the right wall, then east at the running Battle Girl. Fight Ace Trainer Monique. Use Swords Dance twice, then use Wing attack against her Doduo. Use Fling against her Helioptile, and Wing Attack twice against her Granbull. Use a Soda Pop and go down the stairs. Go south past the Tourist spinner and stay on the left side of the corridor until the stalagmite on the left wall. Then move to the middle for a Tierno cutscene. Dodge the running Black Belt staying toward the bottom, and fight Psychic Franz. Use Swords Dance, and then use Fling against his Chimecho and Wing Attack against his Golett. Stay on the right wall and head northwest, and pick up the Iron near the stairs. Go upstairs, leave the cave, and enter Shalour City.

Shalour City:

Get the Soothe Bell from the woman, and use the Protein, Iron, and HP Up, and heal using the Sweet Heart after equipping the Soothe Bell. Go to the Tower of Mastery and partake in the Tierno cutscene. Say “It was given to me” when asked about the Intriguing Stone and start the Calem battle. Use Swords Dance for the first turn, then Encore hopefully a Fake Out or Light Screen from Calem’s Meowstic. Otherwise, use healing items or the Revive and try again. After a successful Encore, then use Swords Dance twice, and use an Encore again. Then use Wing Attack twice to take it out. Then use a Wing Attack each on his Braixen and Absol. Then exit the tower, heal at the Pokémon Center and enter the gym. Skate up the rail and fight Roller Skater Kate. Use a Wing Attack each on her Meditite and Mienfoo. Fight Roller Skater Shun, and use Swords Dance twice. Then use a Wing Attack on each of his Pancham, Throh, and Machoke, and teach Hawlucha Flying Press over Fling upon reaching level 28. Heal to full, and fight Roller Skater Dash. Use Swords Dance, and use Wing Attack on his Heracross. Fight Roller Skater Rolanda. Use Swords Dance, and then use a Wing Attack against her Sawk, and Flying Press against her Hariyama. Heal to full, and begin the Korrina fight. Use Swords Dance twice, and use Wing Attack against her Minefoo, Machoke, and Hawlucha. Note Hawlucha’s attack at level 30. Get the Rumble Badge and TM98.

This part is very risky, particularly the Calem fight. If the Meowstic’s first turn is not a Fake Out or Light Screen, the odds of winning become much lower. My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 22 Hawlucha, and a level 21 Farfetch’d. I will have a report hopefully by the end of tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Okay, so I begin the third part, and had quite a few tense moments. However, I got fairly lucky at the Calem battle and manage to finish the part.

Part 1-3:

I get the hidden Protein, X Defense and hidden Ether. Next, I heal at the Pokémon Center, and retrieve the stored Pokémon. I then turn off the Exp share and teach Squirtle Strength over Withdraw. I receive a second massage for Hawlucha, which turned out to be averge in quality, and then head to Geosenge town using Route 10, getting the hidden Revive on the way. I encounter and run from a Sigilyph, whose Psybeam takes my Hawlucha down to 1 HP due to it being a critical hit. I fail to dodge a Team Flare Grunt and use a Super Potion to heal up. I then use Wing Attack twice to deal with his Houndour. I then use Wing Attack on his Golbat, which manages to confuse my Hawlucha. I then use a Potion, and then use Wing Attack twice to win the battle. I encounter and KO a Gollett, use another Super Potion on Hawlucha, and battle another Team Flare Grunt. I use two Rock Smashes to deal with the Second Team Flare Grunt’s Electrike, and use Wing Attack to deal with her Croagunk. Once at Geosenge Town, I heal at the Pokémon Center, and follow the grunt north west of the Pokémon Center. I say yes to Calem, head to the east exit, and battle Korrina. I use Swords Dance twice, and use Rock Smash on her first Lucario. I teach Hawlucha Fling over Rock Smash, and use Wing Attack twice against her second Lucario. After healing at the Pokémon Center again, I give Hawlucha a Soda Pop and head to Route 11.

I go right between the psychic and the berry tree, then go down once up the stairs to avoid the grass and runner. I then take the call, head upstairs and into the Reflection Cave. I face Backpacker Lane and use Swords Dance and use Wing Attack twice against his Linoone, one of which misses. I then use another Super Potion and use another Wing Attack to finish it off. I head south staying to the right wall, give Hawlucha the Jaw Fossil, and encounter and run from a Carbink. I then head east at the running Battle Girl. I fight Ace Trainer Monique, where I use Swords Dance twice, then use Wing Attack against her Doduo. I then use Fling against her Helioptile, and Wing Attack once against her Granbull, which was a critical hit and enough to KO it. I go down the stairs and fail to dodge Tourist Monami. I use Fling and then Wing Attack twice against her Nidorina to win the battle. After using another Super Potion, I stay on the left side of the corridor until the stalagmite on the left wall and move to the middle for a Tierno cutscene, where I get TM70. I encounter and run from a Carbink, get an Escape Rope, and encounter and KO a Roggenrola. I dodge the running Black Belt staying toward the bottom, and fight Psychic Franz. I use Swords Dance, and use 5 Soda Pops to recover in an attempt to break the confusion lock from his Chimecho, since I find that Fling is no longer available. I give up and use Wing Attack against his Chimecho, which luckily connects and takes it out. I then use Wing Attack against his Golett to win the battle. I fail to dodge Tourist Haruto, and use Wing Attack twice against his Nidorino, the second which turns out to be a critical hit and enough to win the battle. I head northwest, use a Super Potion, have Hawlucha hold another Super Potion, and encounter and KO a Chingling. I then fight Moneymooners Yuu and Ami. I use a Wing Attack and Aerial Ace on their Vespiquen in the first round, and then have Hawlucha use Wing Attack on their Combee, and Farfetch’d use Aerial Ace against their Vespiquen to win the battle. I encounter and run from a Roggenrola and pick up the Iron near the stairs. I go upstairs, encounter and KO a Solosis, leave the cave, and enter Shalour City.

I heal at the Pokemon Center, partake in the Tierno cutscene, get Stardusts and the Soothe Bell from the woman, and use the Protein, Iron, and HP Up after equipping the Soothe Bell. I buy another Revive, and head to the Tower of Mastery and partake in the second Tierno cutscene, where I get the Intriguing Stone. I say “It was given to me” when asked about the Intriguing Stone and start the Calem battle. I attempt to use Swords Dance for the first turn, but was fortunately intercepted with a Fake Out from Calem’s Meowstic. I use Encore, then use Swords Dance twice, and use an Encore again. I use a Swords Dance, and use Wing Attack to take it out. I teach Hawlucha Flying Press over Fling, and use a Wing Attack each on his Braixen and Absol. I then exit the tower, use a Sweet Heart, and enter the gym. I skate up the rail and fight Roller Skater Kate. I use a Wing Attack each on her Meditite and Mienfoo, the second which required two tries to connect. I then fight Roller Skater Shun, and use Swords Dance, then use a Soda Pop, and then use Swords Dance again. I unfortunately fall victim to four Circle Throws and have to start over the Swords Dance setup again using 3 Soda Pops and losing Chespin in the process. I then use a Wing Attack on each of his Pancham, Throh, and Machoke. I fight Roller Skater Dash and use Wing Attack on his Heracross. Next, I fight Roller Skater Rolanda. I use Swords Dance, and then use a Wing Attack against her Sawk, and Flying Press against her Hariyama. I use another Soda Pop, and begin the Korrina fight. I use an X Attack and Swords Dance, and use Wing Attack against her Minefoo, Machoke, and Hawlucha. I forego learning Bounce, and get the Rumble Badge and TM98.

Below is my plan to finish the fourth part and get the Plant Badge:

Part 4 Plan:

Shalour City:

Heal at the Pokémon Center and return to the Tower of Mastery. Skate up the ramp to the third door up, and talk to the man to get TM47. Battle Korrina again. Use Mega Evolve and use Power-Up Punch twice to win the battle. Say Yes to Korrina and get Lucario. Get HM03 and head to Route 12.

Route 12, Coumarine City:

Get Lapras from the breeder and bike to the water. Teach Rock Smash and Strength to Lapras over two random moves and Rock Tomb and Low Sweep to Lucario over Metal Sound and Power Up Punch, and then teach Surf to Lapras. Surf past the backpacker, and pick a Skiddo. Ride it to the stairs near Coumarine City. Enter Coumarine City. Head east to the monorail station. After a cutscene, ride the monorail to the other side of the city. Go west and then north to the gym. Fight Calem, and use X Attack. Use Encore against his Meowstic’s Fake Out or Light Screen, and use Swords Dance and then two Wing Attacks. Use a Flying Press each to take out his Braixen and Absol. Enter the gym. Go right after the first climbing rope and fight Pokemon Ranger Chaise. Use Flying Press against Pokemon Ranger Chaise’s Simisage. Head left and fight Pokemon Ranger Brooke. Use a Wing Attack each on her Roselia and Wormadam, and do not heal poison if it is acquired. Go right after the second climbing rope and fight Pokemon Ranger Twiggy. Use Swords Dance, and then use a Wing Attack on each of Pokemon Ranger Twiggy’s Gloom and Exeggutor. Heal paralysis during the battle if it is acquired. After fully healing Hawlucha’s status and HP after the battle, switch to Lucario if Hawlucha has 77 or less speed. Then begin the Ramos battle. With Lucario in the front, use Swords Dance against his Jumpluff. With Hawlucha in the front, use Swords Dance and Wing Attack against his Jumpluff. Switch to Hawlucha if it is not already the active Pokmeon, and use Swords Dance if it has not already done so. Then use a Flying Press against his Gogoat, and a Wing Attack against his Weepinbell. Get the Plant Badge and TM86.

There will still be a couple of tense moments, but this part should be easier than the previous part. My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 32 Hawlucha, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report later tonight.

EDIT:

Okay, so I begin the fourth part and manage to finish it perfectly. I did not even have to cure status conditions in the gym fights.

Part 1-4:

I heal at the Pokémon Center and return to the Tower of Mastery. I skate up the ramp to the third door up, and talk to the man to get TM47. I then battle Korrina again, where I use Mega Evolve and use Power-Up Punch twice to win the battle. I say Yes to Korrina and get Lucario. I then get HM03 and head to Route 12.

I get Lapras from the breeder and head to the water. I teach Rock Smash and Strength to Lapras over Rain Dance and Perish Song, Rock Tomb and Low Sweep to Lucario over Metal Sound and Power Up Punch, and then teach Surf to Lapras over Body Slam. I surf past the backpacker, and pick a Skiddo. I ride it to the stairs near Coumarine City. I enter Coumarine City and head east to the monorail station. After a cutscene where I get HM02, I ride the monorail to the other side of the city. I go west and then north to the gym. I fight Calem, and use X Attack. I then use Encore against his Meowstic’s Fake Out or Light Screen, and use Swords Dance and then two Wing Attacks. Finally, I use a Flying Press each to take out his Braixen and Absol. I enter the gym. I go right after the first climbing rope and fight Pokemon Ranger Chaise. I use Flying Press against Pokemon Ranger Chaise’s Simisage to win the battle. I then head left and fight Pokemon Ranger Brooke. I use a Wing Attack each on her Roselia and Wormadam. I go right after the second climbing rope and fight Pokemon Ranger Twiggy. I use Swords Dance, and then use a Wing Attack on each of Pokemon Ranger Twiggy’s Gloom and Exeggutor. I then begin the Ramos battle. I use Swords Dance and Wing Attack against his Jumpluff. I then use a Flying Press against his Gogoat, and a Wing Attack against his Weepinbell. I get the Plant Badge and TM86 and end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the fifth part and get the Voltage Badge:

Part 5 Plan:

Coumarine City, Route 13:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy 11 Full Heals, 11 Max Repels, 2 Revives, and at least 15 Hyper Potions. Go back on the monorail and go north to the hotel. Talk to the girl on the left near a Marill to receive the Lucky Egg, using a PP Up on Hawlucha’s Flying Press to boost its friendship if necessary. Give Lucario the Lucky Egg, and teach Fly to Hawlucha over Encore. Then put Lucario in the front and fly back to Coumarine City’s Pokémon Center. Head south to Route 13. Head down the stairs and west, and try to avoid any encounters. Skate down the rail facing west, and ride the bike down until a ledge is cleared. Head west and get the Power Plant Pass. Fight the Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. Then use Low Sweep and Rock Tomb against the Flare Grunt’s Houndoom and Golbat. Heal up if needed and enter the Kalos Power Plant.

Kalos Power Plant:

Battle the first Flare Grunt and use Low Sweep and Bone Rush against the first Flare Grunt’s Scraggy and Croagunk respectively. Then battle the second Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. Then use Low Sweep and Rock Tomb against the second Flare Grunt’s Croagunk and Golbat, respectively. After entering the main room, go left and move clockwise. Then face the third Flare Grunt, and use Low Sweep on the third Flare Grunt’s Mightyena, switching back to Lucario if necessary. After healing if necessary, fight the fourth Flare Grunt. Use Low Sweep on the fourth Flare Grunt’s Scraggy, and then use Swords Dance. Then use Rock Tomb against the fourth Flare Grunt’s Golbat. Heal Lucario, and then fight the fifth Flare Grunt. Use Swords Dance, and then use Rock Tomb and Low Sweep on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Golbat and Mightyena respectively. Face the sixth Flare Grunt, and use Bone Rush twice and then a Rock Tomb if necessary on the sixth Flare Grunt’s Swalot. Heal Lucario again and fight the seventh Flare Grunt. Use Low Sweep and Bone Rush against the seventh Flare Grunt’s Liepard and Swalot respectively. Heal Lucario, and battle the eighth Flare Grunt. Use Bone Rush against the eighth Flare Grunt’s Coragunk, and use a Low Sweep each on the eighth Flare Grunt’s Scraggy and Liepard. Heal Lucario one more time, and fight the Flare Admin. Use Low Sweep against the Flare Admin’s Houndoom. Then face Flare Aliana. Use Low Sweep twice against Flare Aliana’s Mightyena to win the battle. Get the two Full Restores, leave the Kalos Power Plant, and bike east on Route 13.

Route 13, Lumiose City:

Go south at the stairs and partake in the cutscene. Then enter the north side of Lumiose City. Meet Shauna, and choose “Who knows?”. Head toward the Prism Tower. Enter Lumiose Gym and go up the elevator. Battle Trainer #3, and use Bone Rush and then a Rock Tomb if needed against Schoolboy Finnian’s Dedenne. Battle Trainer #1 and use Bone Rush and then a Rock Tomb if needed against Rising Star Estel’s Raichu. Heal Lucario, and battle Trainer #3. Use Bone Rush and then a Rock Tomb if necessary on Ace Trainer Rico’s Ampharos. Heal Lucario’s HP and status if necessary, and battle Trainer #2. Use Low Sweep against Poke Fan Lydie’s Plusle, and teach Lucario Aura Sphere over Low Sweep. Begin the Clemont battle, and use Swords Dance. Use Bone Rush against his Magneton, Aura Sphere against his Heliolisk, and Rock Tomb against his Emolga. Get the Voltage Badge and TM24.

This part should not cause any problems at all, and I feel confident that I can finish this in a straightforward manner. My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 35 Hawlucha, a level 32 Lucario, a level 30 Lapras, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I begin the fifth part and finish it without too many problems.

Part 1-5:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy 11 Full Heals, 11 Max Repels, 2 Revives, and 19 Hyper Potions. I get a Sky Plate and go back on the monorail and go north to the hotel. Then, I talk to the girl on the left near a Marill to receive the Lucky Egg. I give Lucario the Lucky Egg, and teach Fly to Hawlucha over Encore. Then I put Lucario in the front and fly back to Coumarine City’s Pokémon Center. I then head south to Route 13. I head down the stairs and go west. I skate down the rail facing west, and ride the bike down until a ledge is cleared. I then head west and get the Power Plant Pass. I fight the Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. I then use Low Sweep and Rock Tomb against the Flare Grunt’s Houndoom and Golbat. I forego learning Quick Guard for Lucario, and enter the Kalos Power Plant.

I battle the first Flare Grunt and use Low Sweep and Bone Rush against the first Flare Grunt’s Scraggy and Croagunk respectively. I then battle the second Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. Next, I use Low Sweep and Rock Tomb against the second Flare Grunt’s Croagunk and Golbat, respectively. After entering the main room, I go left and move clockwise. I face the third Flare Grunt in the process, and use Low Sweep twice on the third Flare Grunt’s Mightyena. Next, I fight the fourth Flare Grunt. I use Low Sweep on the fourth Flare Grunt’s Scraggy, and then use Swords Dance. Then I use Rock Tomb against the fourth Flare Grunt’s Golbat. I then fight the fifth Flare Grunt. I use Swords Dance, and then use Rock Tomb and Low Sweep on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Golbat and Mightyena respectively. I face the sixth Flare Grunt, and use Bone Rush twice on the sixth Flare Grunt’s Swalot. I fight the seventh Flare Grunt, where I use Low Sweep and Bone Rush against the seventh Flare Grunt’s Liepard and Swalot respectively. I forego learning Me First for Lucario in the process. I then battle the eighth Flare Grunt. I use Bone Rush against the eighth Flare Grunt’s Coragunk, and use a Low Sweep each on the eighth Flare Grunt’s Scraggy and Liepard, the latter requiring two hits to connect due to a Fake Out. I finally fight the Flare Admin. I use Low Sweep against the Flare Admin’s Houndoom. I then face Flare Aliana, where I use Low Sweep twice against Flare Aliana’s Mightyena to win the battle. I get the two Full Restores, leave the Kalos Power Plant, and bike east on Route 13.

I go south at the stairs and partake in the cutscene. I then enter the north side of Lumiose City and meet Shauna, and choose “Who knows?”. I head toward the Prism Tower, enter Lumiose Gym, and go up the elevator. I battle Trainer #3, and use Bone Rush and then a Rock Tomb against Schoolboy Finnian’s Dedenne. Next, I battle Trainer #1 and use Bone Rush against Rising Star Estel’s Raichu. Then I battle Trainer #3. I use Bone Rush and then a Rock Tomb if necessary on Ace Trainer Rico’s Ampharos. I heal Lucario with a Soda Pop, and battle Trainer #2. I use Low Sweep against Poke Fan Lydie’s Plusle. I begin the Clemont battle, and use Swords Dance. I use Bone Rush against his Magneton, Low Sweep against his Heliolisk, and Rock Tomb against his Emolga. I teach Lucario Aura Sphere over Low Sweep in the process. I get the Voltage Badge and TM24 and end the part with style.

Below is my plan to finish the sixth part and get the Fairy Badge:

Part 6 Plan:

Lumiose City, Route 14:

Exit the gym and take the street behind Diggersby. Turn right down the side street and enter the café. Partake in the Professor Sycamore cutscene, then head left and turn left at the obelisk in Rouge Plaza. Go straight to the gate to route 14. Before exiting the gate, heal to full, and teach Lucario Shadow Claw over Bone Rush. Battle Calem, and use X Attack. Use a Shadow Claw each on his Meowstic and Delphox, and then use Aura Sphere to KO his Absol. Get the Rare Candy behind the swings, and dodge the Ranger spinners. Dodge the Hex Maniac and runner, and go to the spooky house. Don’t tip. Enter Laverre City.

Laverre City:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and enter the gym. Dodge the spinners, and begin the Valerie fight. Use Swords Dance three times, and use Aura Sphere against her Mawile. Then use a Shadow Claw each on her Mr. Mime and Sylveon. Get the Fairy Badge and TM99.

My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 42 Lucario, a level 35 Hawlucha, a level 30 Lapras, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report hopefully within the next several days.

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I begin the sixth part, and due to IRL issues, it was slow going. However, I manage to complete it without any problems.

Part 1-6:

I exit the gym and take the street behind Diggersby. I then turn right down the side street and enter the café. I partake in the Professor Sycamore cutscene, get the King’s rock, and then head left and turn left at the obelisk in Rouge Plaza. Next I go straight to the gate to route 14. Before exiting the gate, I heal Lucario using a Soda Pop, and teach Lucario Shadow Claw over Bone Rush. I then battle Calem, and use X Attack. I use a Shadow Claw each on his Meowstic and Delphox, and then use Aura Sphere twice to KO his Absol, since his Meowstic used Light Screen. I get a hidden Super Potion and the Rare Candy behind the swings, and encounter and KO a Quagsire and Carnvine. I fail to dodge Ranger Nash and use Aura Sphere twice against his Goomy. I encounter and KO a Karrablast and Quagsire and dodge the Hex Maniac. I encounter and run from a Haunter, dodge the runner, and go to the spooky house. I don’t tip, and enter Laverre City.

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and enter the gym. I dodge the spinners, and begin the Valerie fight. I use Swords Dance three times, and use Aura Sphere four times against her Mawile, which Valerie used 2 Hyper Potions on. I then use a Shadow Claw each on her Mr. Mime and Sylveon. I get the Fairy Badge and TM99 and end the part with pride.

Below is my plan to finish the seventh part and get the Psychic Badge:

Part 7 Plan:

Laverre City, Pokeball Factory:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to the Pokeball Factory. Talk to Shauna, then go inside the factory. Hold up-left and get on the first conveyor belt. Follow it all the way to the end. Take the 2nd conveyor belt down. Go up the stairs, to the left, then down. Hit the switch to reverse the conveyor belt’s direction. Go right and take the conveyor up, and go up the stairs into the office. Battle the Flare Admin, and use an Aura Sphere each on the Flare Admin’s Scraggy and Houndoom. Say Yes to Calem, and begin the double battle between Flare Celosia and Flare Byrony. Use Aura Sphere on their Liepard and Manectric, and get the Master Ball and Big Nugget. Return to Laverre City.

Laverre City, Route 15, Dendemille Town, Frost Cavern:

Buy 6 Proteins and head to Route 15. Try to dodge the trainers, and head southeast across the bridge and straight through the flowers in rubble behind the Mysterious Sisters. Head southeast again to the gate and enter Dendemille Town. Partake in the Sycamore cutscene, say yes, and go north up the stairs. Go northeast and partake in the cutscene at the bridge. Head northwest, and enter the cave on the far right tile. Heal using the lady and battle the Flare Grunt. Use Swords Dance and then use Rock Tomb on the Flare Grunt’s Golbat. Then use Aura Sphere twice on the Flare Grunt’s Manectric. Forego learning Calm Mind. Battle Flare Mable, and use Aura Sphere on her Houndoom. Get the Hidden PP Up and use an Escape Rope. Head back to Dendemille Town.

Dendemille Town, Route 17, Anistar City:

Go to Route 17, and head southeast on Mamoswine, smashing rocks on the way. Use Repels after the thick snow, and head north after the call. Get the Rare Candy from the ledge and enter Anistar City. Heal Lucario to full, and hug the top fence for the Sina cutscene. Then head to the gym and battle Calem. Use Swords Dance, and use a Shadow Claw each on his Meowstic and Delphox. If his Meowstic did not use a Fake Out, then use Rock Tomb on his Jolteon. Regardless, use Shadow Claw to KO his Jolteon. Then use Aura Sphere on his Absol. After healing up, enter the gym. Use the Proteins, and face Psychic Paschal. Use Swords Dance and then Shadow Claw on his Exeggutor. Heal Lucario, and begin the Olympia battle. Use Swords Dance once, or three times if her Sigilyph uses Reflect. Then use a Shadow Claw each on her Sigilyph, Slowking, and Meowstic. Get the Psychic Badge and TM04, and request to be warped back to the entrance.

My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 46 Lucario, a level 35 Hawlucha, a level 30 Lapras, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report hopefully by next week.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I begin the seventh part and finish it after some pretty tense moments. Below is how it went.

Part 1-7:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to the Pokeball Factory. I talk to Shauna, then go inside the factory. I get on the first conveyor belt and follow it all the way to the end. I then take the 2nd conveyor belt down. I go up the stairs, to the left, then down, and hit the switch to reverse the conveyor belt’s direction. Next, I go right and take the conveyor up, and go up the stairs into the office. I battle the Flare Admin, and use an Aura Sphere each on the Flare Admin’s Scraggy and Houndoom. Say Yes to Calem, and begin the double battle between Flare Celosia and Flare Byrony. I use an Aura Sphere once on Flare Byrony’s Liepard and Aura Sphere once on Flare Celosia’s Manectric. Calem’s Meowstic finishes off the Manetric for me, and I get the Master Ball and Big Nugget. My Lucario gets paralyzed in the process. I return to Laverre City.

After healing at the Pokémon Center, I buy 6 Proteins and head to Route 15. I encounter and KO a Watchog and a Pawnaird, and fail to dodge Fairy Tale Girld Mahalyn. I use Rock Tomb against her Dedenne, which uses Volt Switch to bring out her Aromatisse. I use Rock Tomb against it, who Attracts my Lucario. I use 2 Hyper Potions to recover, and use Rock Tomb three times, one of which misses due to Lucario being infatuated. I use another Rock Tomb to KO her Dedenne. I forego having Lucario learn Calm Mind and enter Dendemille Town. I partake in the Sycamore cutscene, say no instead of the planned yes, and go north up the stairs. Go northeast and partake in the cutscene at the bridge. Head northwest, and enter the cave on the far right tile. I encounter and run from a Cryogonal, I fail to dodge Battle Girl Kinsey. I use Aura Sphere against her Sawk, and get taken down to 1 HP due to her Sawk’s Low Sweep. I use a Hyper Potion, which was not enough to have it survive another Low Sweep. I switch in my Hawlucha, and use a Revive on Lucario, and have Hawlucha use Wing Attack to finish her Sawk off. I switch Lucario back in, and use Aura Sphere against her Mienshao. It was unfortunately not enough to KO it and ends up fainting from a Drain Punch. I bring Hawlucha back in, and have it use Fly, which fortunately connects. I have Hawlucha forego learning Endeavor. I heal using the lady, encounter and run from a Bergmite, and battle the Flare Grunt. I use Swords Dance and then use Rock Tomb on the Flare Grunt’s Golbat. Then I use Aura Sphere once on the Flare Grunt’s Manectric, which was a critical hit and enough to take it out. I battle Flare Mable, and use Aura Sphere on her Houndoom. I get the Hidden PP Up and the Abomasite and use an Escape Rope. I then head back to Dendemille Town.

I get a Big Root and go to Route 17, and head southeast on Mamoswine, smashing rocks on the way. I encounter and run from a Delibird. I then use a Repel and head north after the call. I get the Rare Candy from the ledge and enter Anistar City. I use a Super Potion on Lucario and hug the top fence for the Sina cutscene, where I get 10 Repeat Balls. I then head to the gym and battle Calem. I use Swords Dance, and use a Shadow Claw each on his Meowstic and Delphox. I then use Rock Tomb and then Shadow Claw to KO his Jolteon, who takes my Lucario to 11 HP with Discharge and Quick Attack. I use a Hyper Potion and then use Aura Sphere on his Absol to win the battle. After using the Proteins on Lucario, I enter the gym and face Psychic Paschal. I use Swords Dance and then Shadow Claw on his Exeggutor to KO it. I use 2 Soda Pops on Lucario, and begin the Olympia battle. I use Swords Dance once, and her Sigilyph uses Reflect. This prompted me to use Swords Dance two more times before using a Shadow Claw each on her Sigilyph, who uses Psychic twice and brings about the worst case scenario in the process. I use Shadow Claw on her Slowking and Meowstic and have Lucario forego learning Heal Pulse. I get the Psychic Badge and TM04, and request to be warped back to the entrance. I then end the part with relief.

Below is my plan to finish the eighth part and get the Iceberg Badge:

Part 8 Plan:

Anistar City, Lumiose City:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, buy 1 Revive, then Fly to Lumiose City. Enter the café where Lysandre and Professor Sycamore was met, and enter Lysandre Labs. Talk to the waiter and waitress to battle them, and use Aura Sphere against the first Flare Grunt’s Scrafty. If the Scrafty uses Hi Jump Kick, then switch to Hawlucha, use a Revive on Lucario and use Flying Press against it. Battle the second Flare Grunt and use Aura Sphere on the second Flare Grunt’s Liepard. Use both Rare Candies, and heal to full. Battle Flare Lysandre. Use an Aura Sphere each on his Mienfoo and Pyroar, and switch to Lapras. Use Rock Smash against his Gyarados until Lapras is KO’d and switch back to Lucario. Use Swords Dance and then Rock Tomb to KO his Gyarados. Use Aura Sphere on his Murkrow. Heal Lucario to full, and fight the third Flare Grunt. Use Swords Dance and then Shadow Claw twice against his Swalot. If the Swalot uses Stockpile, use Swords Dance twice to avoid it. Heal Lucario if necessary, and fight Flare Aliana. Use Aura Sphere on her Mightyena, and Aura Sphere twice against her Druddigon. Fight the fourth flare grunt, and use an Aura Sphere on the fourth Flare Grunt’s Liepard and Mightyena. Teach Lucario Close Combat over Shadow Claw. Heal Lucario again if needed, and fight the fifth Flare Grunt. Use Aura Sphere on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Houndoom and then use Swords Dance. Next, use Close Combat on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Toxicroak. After healing Lucario to full, fight the sixth flare Grunt, and use Swords Dance. Then use Rock Tomb on the sixth Flare Grunt’s Golbat. Battle the seventh Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. Then use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on the seventh Flare Grunt’s Toxicroak and Liepard respectively. Approach Mable, say no to her and battle her. Use an Aura Sphere each on her Houndoom and Weavile, and heal Lucario to full if needed. Head to Flare Xerosic, watching a 3 minute movie on the way, and face Flare Xerosic. Use Swords Dance, then use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on Flare Xerosic’s Crobat and Malamar. Press the red button, leave Lysandre Labs, and fly to Geosenge Town.

Geosenge Town:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, go to northwest Geosenge town, and battle the Flare Grunt. Use an Aura Sphere each on the Flare Grunt’s Manectric and Scrafty, and use Rock Tomb on the Flare Grunt’s Golbat. Heal Lucario if it took an Acrobatics attack, and enter the Team Flare Secret HQ. Fight Lysandre again, and use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Mienshao and Pyroar. Switch to Squirtle to tank an Earthquake Move from his Gyarados, and switch to Lapras. Immediately switch to Lucario, use Swords Dance, and then use Rock Tomb against his Gyarados. Use Close Combat against his Honchkrow, and heal Lucario if needed. Battle the first Admin and Flare Grunt pair, and use Aura Sphere on the Team Flare Grunt’s Liepard. Then heal Lucario while Calem takes out the Admin’s Toxicroak. Fight the second Team Flare Grunt and Admin, and use Aura Sphere on the second Flare Grunt’s Mightyena and the Admin’s Manectric. Have Lucario forego learning Dragon Pulse. Say Yes to Shauna, and fight the third Flare Admin and Flare Grunt pair. Use Aura Sphere on the Flare Grunt’s Scrafty and the Admin’s Houndoom. Heal Lucario if it took a Flamethrower, and fight the Flare Admins in counter clockwise order. Use an Aura Sphere each on the first Flare Admin’s Mightyena and Houndoom, and use Swords Dance for the second Flare Admin battle. Then use Rock Tomb against the second Flare Admin’s Golbat. After healing Lucario as needed, use Swords Dance twice and Close Combat twice on the third Flare Admin’s Swalot. Then use Aura Sphere and Close Combat on the fourth Flare Admin’s Liepard and Manectric respectively. Trigger the cutscene, and catch the Xerneas using the Master Ball. Say no to adding it to the party, get fully healed, and fight Lysandre for the third time. Use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Mienshao and Pyroar respectively. Then use Swords Dance. After that, use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on his Honchkrow and Gyarados respectively. After the cutscenes, fly back to Anistar City.

Anistar City, Route 18, Couriway Town:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, use the PP Ups on Close Combat, and go south east to Route 18. Use Repels and go through the grass on the bottom tile to avoid bush encounters. Dodge the runner and hiker, and head south down the stairs. Enter Couriway Town. Get the Rare Candy beside a bench to the right of the Pokémon Center, and head south. Battle Professor Sycamore, and use Swords Dance. Then use Close Combat and then Aura Sphere if needed on his Venusaur. Use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on his Charizard and Blastoise respectively. Heal again at the Pokémon Center, and head south to Route 19.

Route 19:

Go up the stairs, and say Yes to Shauna. Battle Shauna, and use Aura Sphere, Close Cobmat, and then Aura Sphere on her Delcatty, Goodra, and Greninja respectively. Then fight Tierno, and use Rock Tomb on his Talonflame. Use Swords Dance, and then Aura Sphere on his Crawdaunt. Then use Close Combat against his Roserade. Have Lucario forego learning Extreme Speed, and fight Trevor. Use Swords Dance, and use a Full Heal if Lucario is Paralyzed. Then use Rock Tomb on his Raichu, and a Close Combat each on his Florges and Aerodactyl. Enter Snowbell City.

Snowbelle City, Route 20, Snowbelle City:

Head to Route 20, and head to Wulfric. Say Yes to him, and fly back to Snowbelle City. Heal at the Pokémon Center, enter the gym, and fight Ace Trainer Imelda. Use an Aura Sphere each on Imelda’s Sneasel and Cloyster. Battle Ace Trainer Viktor, and use an Aura Sphere each on his Delibird and Memoswine. Fight Ace Trainer Shannon, and use Rock Tomb and Aura Sphere on her Cryogonal and Piloswine, respectively. Then use Rock Tomb on her Jynx. Fight Ace Trainer Theo, and use an Aura Sphere each on his Beartic and Vanilluxe. Begin the Wulfric battle, and use Aura Sphere on his Abomasnow. Then use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Cryogonal and Avalugg respectively. Get the Iceberg Badge and TM13.

My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 51 Lucario, a level 36 Hawlucha, a level 30 Lapras, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report by tomorrow.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so I begin the eighth part and finish it with a few bumps on the road.

Part 1-8:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, buy 1 Revive, then Fly to Lumiose City. I enter the café where Lysandre and Professor Sycamore was met, and enter Lysandre Labs. I talk to the waiter and waitress to battle them, and use Aura Sphere against the first Flare Grunt’s Scrafty. Next, I battle the second Flare Grunt and use Aura Sphere on the second Flare Grunt’s Liepard. I use both Rare Candies, and battle Flare Lysandre. I use an Aura Sphere each on his Mienfoo and Pyroar, and switch to Lapras. I use Rock Smash against his Gyarados, which connects once before Lapras is KO’d and switch back to Lucario. I use Swords Dance and then Rock Tomb to KO his Gyarados. I finally use Aura Sphere on his Murkrow. I proceed to fight the third Flare Grunt. I use Swords Dance and then Shadow Claw once against his Swalot, which spams Stockpile. I use Swords Dance again, and use another Shadow Claw to KO it. I then fight Flare Aliana, where I use Aura Sphere on her Mightyena, and Aura Sphere twice against her Druddigon. I fight the fourth flare grunt, and use an Aura Sphere on the fourth Flare Grunt’s Liepard and Mightyena. I teach Lucario Close Combat over Shadow Claw and fight the fifth Flare Grunt. I use Aura Sphere on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Houndoom and then use Swords Dance. Next, I use Close Combat on the fifth Flare Grunt’s Toxicroak. I fight the sixth flare Grunt, and use Swords Dance. I then use Rock Tomb on the sixth Flare Grunt’s Golbat. After using a Hyper Potion on Lucario, I battle the seventh Flare Grunt and use Swords Dance. I then use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on the seventh Flare Grunt’s Toxicroak and Liepard respectively. I approach Mable, say no to her and battle her. I use an Aura Sphere each on her Houndoom and Weavile, and get an Elevator Key. I head to Flare Xerosic, watching a 3 minute movie on the way, and face Flare Xerosic. I use Swords Dance, then use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on Flare Xerosic’s Crobat and Malamar. I press the red button, leave Lysandre Labs, and fly to Geosenge Town.

I heal at the Pokémon Center, go to northwest Geosenge town, and battle the Flare Grunt. I use an Aura Sphere each on the Flare Grunt’s Manectric and Scrafty, and use Rock Tomb twice on the Flare Grunt’s Golbat. I enter the Team Flare Secret HQ, and fight Lysandre again. I use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Mienshao and Pyroar. Next, I switch to Squirtle to tank an Outrage Move from his Gyarados, and switch to Lucario. I use Swords Dance, and then use Rock Tomb against his Gyarados. Then, I use Close Combat against his Honchkrow. I battle the first Admin and Flare Grunt pair, and use Aura Sphere on the Team Flare Grunt’s Liepard, while Calem takes out the Admin’s Toxicroak with a Psychic. I fight the second Team Flare Grunt and Admin, and use Aura Sphere on the second Flare Grunt’s Mightyena and the Admin’s Manectric. I have Lucario forego learning Dragon Pulse and use a Hyper Potion on it. I say Naturally to Shauna, and fight the third Flare Admin and Flare Grunt pair. I use Aura Sphere on the Flare Grunt’s Scrafty and the Admin’s Houndoom, while Lucario takes a Flamethrower in the process. I use another Hyper Potion on Lucario, and fight the Flare Admins in counter clockwise order. I use an Aura Sphere each on the first Flare Admin’s Mightyena and Houndoom, and use Swords Dance for the second Flare Admin battle. Then use Rock Tomb against the second Flare Admin’s Golbat. After using another Hyper Potion on Lucario, I use Swords Dance twice and Close Combat twice on the third Flare Admin’s Swalot. I then use Aura Sphere and Close Combat on the fourth Flare Admin’s Liepard and Manectric respectively. Then, I trigger the cutscene, and catch the Xerneas using the Master Ball. I say no to adding it to the party, get fully healed, and fight Lysandre for the third time. I use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Mienshao and Pyroar respectively. I then use Swords Dance. After that, I use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on his Honchkrow and Gyarados respectively. After the cutscenes, I fly back to Anistar City.

I heal at the Pokémon Center, use the PP Ups on Close Combat, and go south east to Route 18. I use a Repel and go through the grass, where I encounter and run from a Durant. I dodge the runner and hiker, and head south down the stairs. I enter Couriway Town, get a hidden Ether and the Rare Candy beside a bench to the right of the Pokémon Center, and head south. I battle Professor Sycamore, and use Swords Dance. I then use Close Combat on his Venusaur. Next, I use Rock Tomb and Close Combat on his Charizard and Blastoise respectively. I heal again at the Pokémon Center, and head south to Route 19.

I go up the stairs, and say Yes to Shauna. I battle Shauna, and use Aura Sphere, Close Cobmat, and then Aura Sphere on her Delcatty, Goodra, and Greninja respectively. I then fight Tierno, and use Rock Tomb on his Talonflame. Next, I use Swords Dance, and then Aura Sphere on his Crawdaunt. Then I use Close Combat against his Roserade. I have Lucario forego learning Extreme Speed, and fight Trevor. I use Swords Dance, and use a Paralyze Heal since Lucario got Paralyzed by his Raichu’s Nuzzle. I then use Rock Tomb on his Raichu, and a Close Combat each on his Florges and Aerodactyl. I get HM05 and enter Snowbell City.

I head to Route 20, and head to Wulfric, using a Repel along the way. I say Yes to him, get a Pretty Wing and a Chople Berry, and fly back to Snowbelle City. I heal at the Pokémon Center, enter the gym, and fight Ace Trainer Imelda. I use an Aura Sphere each on Imelda’s Sneasel and Cloyster. I battle Ace Trainer Viktor, and use an Aura Sphere each on his Delibird and Memoswine. Next, I fight Ace Trainer Shannon, and attempt to use Rock Tomb on her Cryogonal, which misses. Her Cryogonal uses Confuse Ray on my Lucario, and I use a Full Heal on it. I use Rock Tomb again on her Cryogonal, which connects this time. I next use Aura Sphere on her Piloswine. I then use Rock Tomb on her Jynx. I fight Ace Trainer Theo, and use an Aura Sphere each on his Beartic and Vanilluxe. I begin the Wulfric battle, and use Aura Sphere on his Abomasnow. I then use Close Combat and Aura Sphere on his Cryogonal and Avalugg respectively. I get the Iceberg Badge and TM13 and end the part with pride.

So below is my plan to finish the ninth part and the game:

Part 9 Plan:

Snowbelle City, Route 21:

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Route 21. Dodge the Ace Trainer spinner, and go behind the Ace Duo. Head inside the building, and fight the Ace Trainer Robbie. Use Swords Dance, and then Close Combat against his Carbink. Then use Rock Tomb and Close Combat against his Raichu and Kingdra. Head north to Victory Road.

Victory Road:

Fight Ace Trainer Alanza, and use Aura Sphere against her Weavile. Use a Rare Candy, and teach Lucario Shadow Claw over Aura Sphere. Surf across the water, and go around with Rock Smash to dodge the ace trainer. Go up the stairs and try to avoid the runner. Go across the bridge on the left to avoid hiding the runner in the middle. Head north and cut behind the runner. Jump from the middle rock and go left and up. Go past the boulder, up the stairs, hop across, try to dodge the Psychic spinner, and use Strength to move the boulder. Go behind the Brains & Brawn. Once across the bridge, go up the stairs and leave the cave. Go east, then northeast when the wall gap is reached. Go to the gap opposite the altar and fight Calem. Use Swords Dance and then use a Shadow Claw each against his Meowstic, Delphox, and Jolteon. Then use Rock Tomb against his Altaria and Close Combat against his Absol. Get a free heal from the altar’s ranger, and follow the path southeast and enter the cave. Go east and stay on the bottom tiles to dodge a runner. Jump down 3 ledges and right 2 ledges and head upstairs to fight Veteran Gerard. Use Shadow Claw against his Banette and use Swords Dance. Then use Close Combat to finish off his Leafeon. Outside the cave, go directly south. Cut behind the rocks to dodge a trainer. Follow the path around and surf north into the cave. Fight Veteran Timeo. Use Shadow Claw twice against his Trevenant. If Lucario is burned, then switch to Lapras, use Full Restore on Lucario, switch to Hawlucha, then use Flying Press on his Gigalith to break Sturdy. Then switch to Lucario and use Close Combat on his Gigalith. If Lucario is cursed or has less than 152 HP, then switch to Hawlucha, Use Flying Press to break Sturdy, and switch to Lucario. Then use Close Combat on his Gigalith. Otherwise, use Shadow Claw and Close Combat on his Gigalith. Face Veteran Catrina, and use a Close Combat each on her Glaceon and Snorlax. Heal Lucario if needed, and fight Veteran Gilles. Use Shadow Claw and Close Combat on Gilles' Skarmory. Then use Shadow Claw and Close Combat against Gilles’ Alakazam and Umbreon respectively. Head north to the Pokémon League.

Pokémon League:

Heal at the Pokemon Center, switch out Chespin for Xerneas, buy 10 Full Restores, and fight Elite Four Malva. Use Swords Dance, and use it again if her Pyroar uses a Noble Roar. Use Close Combat against her Pyroar, and use Rock Tomb against her Talonflame. Use Close Combat and Shadow Claw on her Torkoal and Chandelure. Use a Full Restore on Lucario, and fight Elite Four Wikstrom. Use Swords Dance twice and use Shadow Claw on his Klefki. If Klefki uses Torment, then use Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, and Shadow Claw in this order. If Lucario was hit by two Dazzling Gleams after the Swords Dance set up, use a Hyper Potion. Use Rock Tomb and Close Combat against his Probopass. Use Shadow Claw against his Aegislash, and use a Hyper Potion on Lucario. Then use Close Combat against his Scizor. Heal Lucario and face Elite Four Drasna. Use Swords Dance twice, and then use Shadow Claw on her Dragalge. Use a Full Restore if Lucario is paralyzed in the process. Use a Close Combat each against her Noivern, Druddigon, and Altaria. Heal Lucario, use an Ether on Lucario’s Close Combat, and give Lucario the Lucarionite. Talk to Elite Four Siebold, say yes, and fight him. Use Mega Evolve and Close Combat against his Clawitzer. Use Swords Dance and then Close Combat against his Gyarados. Then use Close Combat and Shadow Claw against his Barbaracle and Starmie respectively. Heal Lucario to full and Fight Champion Diantha. Use Swords Dance and then a Close Combat each against her Hawlucha, Goodra, and Tyrantrum. Use Rock Tomb against her Aurorus. If the Rock Tomb misses, and Lucario is still alive and Aurorus used Reflect, then use Swords Dance. If Lucario was hit by Thunder, use Mega Evolve. Otherwise, use Swords Dance a third time. Whatever the case, try a Rock Tomb again. Heal Lucario if damage was dealt. If her Gourgiest uses Phantom Force, use X Defense to survive the assault. Use a Shadow Claw each on her Gourgeist and Gardevoir. After the cutscenes, face AZ. Use Rock Tomb against his Torkoal, Shadow Claw against his Golurk, and Rock Tomb against his Sigilyph. Watch the credits.

My Pokémon on hand currently consist of a level 68 Lucario, a level 36 Hawlucha, a level 30 Lapras, a level 22 Farfetch’d, a level 11 Squirtle, and a level 10 Chespin. I will have a report by tonight.

EDIT:

Alright, so I start the ninth part, and Ann finishes it and the game after a couple of bumps in the road.

Part 1-9:

I heal at the Pokémon Center, and head to Route 21. I fail to dodge Ace Trainer Mireille, and use Rock Tomb against her Sableye, who confuses my Lucario. I use a Full Heal, and use another Rock Tomb to KO her Sableye. I use a Rock Tomb against her Crustle twice to win the battle. I go behind the Ace Duo, head inside the building, and fight the Ace Trainer Robbie. I use Swords Dance, and then Close Combat against his Carbink. Then I use Rock Tomb and Close Combat against his Raichu and Kingdra. I then head north to Victory Road.

I fight Ace Trainer Alanza, and use Aura Sphere against her Weavile. I surf across the water, and go around with Rock Smash to dodge the Ace Trainer. I encounter and KO a Gurdurr, go up the stairs and avoid the runner, and encounter and KO another Gurdurr. I go across the bridge on the left to avoid hiding the runner in the middle. Then I head north and cut behind the runner. I jump from the middle rock and go left and up. I take a wrong turn and run into Black Belt Ander. I use Aura Sphere on his Pangoro, and Rock Tomb against his Heracross, which takes out my Lucario out in one go with Close Combat. I switch in Squirtle, and use a Revive on Lucario while his Heracross KO’s my Squirtle with another Close Combat. I switch Lucario back in and use another Rock Tomb to KO his Heracross. I use a Rare Candy on Lucario, and teach it Shadow Claw over Aura Sphere. I get a Carbos, use it on Lucario, encounter and run from a Graveler, and use 2 Repels. I then go past the boulder, up the stairs, hop across, dodge the Psychic spinner, and use Strength to move the boulder. I then go behind the Brains & Brawn. I use a Max Repel, cross the bridge, go up the stairs and leave the cave. I go east, then northeast when the wall gap is reached. I encounter and run from a Skarmory, and get a Quick Ball. I go to the gap opposite the altar and fight Calem. I use Swords Dance, which takes two times to connect due to his Mewostic’s Fake Out, and then use a Shadow Claw each against his Meowstic, Delphox, and Jolteon. I then use Rock Tomb against his Altaria and Close Combat against his Absol. I get Max Revives from Calem and a free heal from the altar’s ranger, and follow the path southeast and enter the cave. I go east and stay on the bottom tiles to dodge a runner. Next, I jump down 3 ledges and right 2 ledges and head upstairs, where I encounter and flee from a Druddigon, and fight Veteran Gerard. I use Shadow Claw against his Banette and use Swords Dance. I then use Close Combat to finish off his Leafeon. Once outside the cave, I go directly south. I cut behind the rocks to dodge a trainer. I follow the path around and surf north into the cave. I then fight Veteran Timeo, where I use Shadow Claw against his Trevenant, which turned out to be a critical hit and enough to take it out. I then use Shadow Claw and Close Combat on his Gigalith, the former requiring two tries to connect due to his Gigalith’s Protect. I face Veteran Catrina, and use a Close Combat each on her Glaceon and Snorlax. I use a Hyper Potion on Lucario, and fight Veteran Gilles. I use Shadow Claw and Close Combat on Gilles Skarmory. Then I use Shadow Claw and Close Combat against Gilles’ Alakazam and Umbreon respectively. I head north to the Pokémon League.

I heal at the Pokemon Center, switch out Chespin for Xerneas, buy 10 Full Restores, and fight Elite Four Malva. I use Swords Dance, and then Close Combat against her Pyroar. I next use Rock Tomb against her Talonflame. Next, I use Close Combat and Shadow Claw on her Torkoal and Chandelure. I use a Hyper Potion on Lucario, and fight Elite Four Wikstrom. I use Swords Dance twice and use Shadow Claw on his Klefki. Then I use Rock Tomb and Close Combat against his Probopass. Afterwards, I use Shadow Claw against his Aegislash, and use a Hyper Potion on Lucario. Then I use Close Combat against his Scizor. I use another Hyper Potion on Lucario and face Elite Four Drasna. I use Swords Dance twice, and then use Shadow Claw on her Dragalge. I use a Close Combat each against her Noivern, Druddigon, and Altaria. I use another Hyper Potion on Lucario, use an Ether on Lucario’s Close Combat, and give Lucario the Lucarionite. I talk to Elite Four Siebold, say yes, and fight him. I use Mega Evolve and Close Combat against his Clawitzer. Next, I use Swords Dance and then Close Combat against his Gyarados. Then I use Close Combat and Shadow Claw against his Barbaracle and Starmie respectively. I next fight Champion Diantha. I use Swords Dance and then a Close Combat each against her Hawlucha, Goodra, and Tyrantrum. I use Rock Tomb against her Aurorus, which thankfully connects. I use a Hyper Potion on Lucario. I then use a Shadow Claw each on her Gourgeist and Gardevoir. After the cutscenes, I face AZ. I use Rock Tomb twice against his Torkoal and Rock Tomb twice against his Sigilyph. I then use Shadow Claw against his Golurk, who use Phantom Force. I use a Hyper Potion on Lucario and use another Shadow Claw to KO the Golurk. Finally, I watch the credits and pat myself on the back for a job well done.

I am sure that this is well known, but like Black, there is no “official clear” screen to take a picture with like there was in Sapphire and Diamond. I instead flew to Satalune City, went to the Pokémon Center, accessed the PC, and checked the records for the First Game Clear as proof. It took a grand total of 13 hours and 27 minutes for the Lithium Rogue Challenge to be completed in Generation VI, which was a bit longer than the clear time for Generation V, a bit shorter than the clear time for Generation IV, and much longer than the clear time for Generation III. It only took one attempt for me to complete the challenge in this generation, which puts it on par with Generation IV. Generation V took 3 tries to get a successful run going, while generation III took 6 tries. I will probably continue Lithium Rogue’s challenge on Generation VII and will probably pick Moon as my game of choice.

The below link shows the said picture mentioned in the above paragraph:

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been making progress on my Pokemon Y team. I finally obtained the mega ring & started using it on my Scizor, I obtained four badges, I managed to get enough style to get the extra haircuts at the salon, & I took down Team Flare at the Pokeball Factory.

I recently received a Mystery Egg through a Link trade & it turned out to be a Munna, though I'm currently debating on whether or not to use it. I feel that the team I have right now is pretty good in terms of type advantages & I don't want to have too many pokemon for this playthrough. However, I do know that half of my team is pretty slow, so having a Musharna with Trick Room could really come in handy. Plus, I was planning on moving it to Pokemon Sword after I fininsh my Y playthrough so it can help me out in wifi battling.

Current Team:
  • Roy (Scizor)- lv. 39
  • Gunning (Hariyama)- lv. 39
  • Imogen (Emolga)- lv. 39
  • Kobi (Teddiursa)- lv. 39
  • Céline (Pyroar)- lv. 39
  • Yannick (Chespin)- lv. 39
Pending:
  • Munna- lv. 10

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just captured the actual Moltres that the game chose because my starter was Froakie. I already finished the Legendary birds in trades. But after 120 minutes and it settled down in the Sea Spirit s Den, i caught it and named it Jailbird.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
A few days ago, I finally started playing a Generation VI game for the first time. I started a playthrough of X, chose Froakie as my starter Pokemon, caught a Fletchling and beat Viola. Currently, I'm on Route 9 and have encountered Team Flare for the first time. M y team is Frogadier, Charmeleon, Fletchinder, Honedge and Helioptile, and I'm planning on catching an Eevee and evolving it into Sylveon later.
Love these games

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Just captured the actual Moltres that the game chose because my starter was Froakie. I already finished the Legendary birds in trades. But after 120 minutes and it settled down in the Sea Spirit s Den, i caught it and named it Jailbird.
I remember the legendary birds hunt. *shudders*

zolios

A few days ago I decided to restart my Y version and play through it for the third time (and most likely the final time). The last time I played was about 3 years ago so I think now is the right time for a third Kalos journey with the only Kalos starter I still have left to use, the Grass type Chespin. Now that I'm using Chespin in this playthrough, the only starter from the first 7 generations that I've never used so far is Piplup.

I already won the first badge and I'll soon be challenging Grant for the second badge since I'm leaving the Fossil Lab town right now and the next Gym town isn't far away. My team at the moment is: Quilladin, Litleo, Floette and Ducklett.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
A few days ago I decided to restart my Y version and play through it for the third time (and most likely the final time). The last time I played was about 3 years ago so I think now is the right time for a third Kalos journey with the only Kalos starter I still have left to use, the Grass type Chespin. Now that I'm using Chespin in this playthrough, the only starter from the first 7 generations that I've never used so far is Piplup.

I already won the first badge and I'll soon be challenging Grant for the second badge since I'm leaving the Fossil Lab town right now and the next Gym town isn't far away. My team at the moment is: Quilladin, Litleo, Floette and Ducklett.
Why last? Y is splendid

zolios

Why last? Y is splendid
Just a personal preference since I don't think the replay value of Kalos games is good enough to warrant more than one playthrough with each starter. I have a lot of love for Pokemon Y since I sunk over 700 hours in my original Y save when the game was new because this was the game that got me into competitive battling and shiny hunting, but sadly the "core" game without the online stuff doesn't have enough content and that hurts it's replay value for me personally (but at least it's not as bad as SwSh).

Pokefan_1987

Received a lvl 10 Celebi in my X version game. The Moves i gave it are Energy Ball Calm Mind Psychic and Dazzling Gleam. It's in a Cherish Ball but i don't know if the OG Trainer name is suspicious.

pnB2dmomj

Golden_Arcanine

Received a lvl 10 Celebi in my X version game. The Moves i gave it are Energy Ball Calm Mind Psychic and Dazzling Gleam. It's in a Cherish Ball but i don't know if the OG Trainer name is suspicious.
That appears to be a hack by my quick look.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I just started a new game after having to go through Nintendo customer service to transfer my account after my old system died. I got everything set up and redownloaded and thought "aw man, I had a full friend list and now it's empty." Had to go Friend Code hunting, hoping to find people who a) still had a 3DS family system and b) still were willing to find their old Friend Code.

Vindicated30.6

So I just found out recently that I have a Dragon Friend Safari! Gabite and Dragonair so far. That's motivated me to get through the game to find out what my third is. I just beat Grant last night, mostly with Quilladin's Needle Arm. Kinda hard to beat his Amaura with my own when it's new and underleveled. I forgot what a slog it was between the first two gyms.
Current team: Quilladin, Amaura, Charmeleon, Helioptile, Floette and Inkay

The_Orb

So recently I bought an o3DS LL alongside a Japanese copy of X, and when it came today I found that the save file not only included a bunch of old event pokemon, but EVERY Vivillon form.

Saved them all in bank since I'm starting my own playthrough, and I am hyped to say the least.

Vindicated30.6

So recently I bought an o3DS LL alongside a Japanese copy of X, and when it came today I found that the save file not only included a bunch of old event pokemon, but EVERY Vivillon form.

Saved them all in bank since I'm starting my own playthrough, and I am hyped to say the least.
Including the event ones?!

Pokefan_1987

I'm on a new run. Azumarill's bulk has gotten me out of a few tough battles including Grant. That one trainer with Relicanth in the gym nearly killed my team because Azumarill got hit by yawn and water gun. (despite i don't use nuzlocke rules) i just despise losing money when fainting.

My team is

Charmeleon
Frogadier
Braixen
Kirlia
Sylveon
Hawlucha

updated 16:42 24th of april

Last edited: