• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

dacrag

Finally my game arrived!! It's the Japanese version so if anyone needs any Japanese Vivillion or whatever please let me know! My friend code is in the Friend Code thread! Now to start my journey!!!

I got X by the way!

Aegon

I headed to Lumiose City, where I battled Professor Sycamore and received a Charmander from him. Most of the city was experiencing a blackout (how coincidental), so I left for Route 5. I caught a Skiddo, then reached Camphrier Town. After finding the path on Route 7 to be blocked by a Snorlax, I travelled along Route 6 instead.

Current Team
Frogadier (Omi) ♂ Lv. 17
Fletchinder (Rowena) ♀ Lv. 17
Litleo (Tywin) ♂ Lv. 16
Skiddo (Alonso) ♂ Lv. 15

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Currently at Santalune City, just beat Viola after 4 hours.

• Braixen Lv.17 ♀
  • Fletchling Lv.14 ♀
  • Vivillon Lv.13 ♀

I can confirm that Pokemon-Amie is the best application they have provided us ever in a game. My female Braixen and her actions are amazing, I can't stop playing with her. Plus, my Vivillon turned out as garden pattern. Everything is so smooth.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
Had the game since tuesday, just beat the seventh gym. Ive just bred some kalos and kanto starters is anyone wants some?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
After six hours, I've beaten the second Gym. Team is

Lv. 28 foxe the Braixen
Lv. 27 Bulwark the Ivysaur
Lv. 25 Sheena the Pancham
Lv. 24 Leslie the Honedge
Lv. 23 Government the Snorlax

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
After finishing training Fletchling in X, I decided to start Y. Since X is my main game, I won't be catching everything in Y, and it will be a lot more chilled. However, I've decided I won't ever go ahead on Y, and will do everything on X first. With that out of the way, I picked the girl this time. After the amazing cut scene at the beginning, I met Calum and Shauna, and then Trevor and Tierno. They allowed me to get Froakie, which I called Froggo. I beat Shauna's Fennekin, and then delivered the letter to my mom. I then continued through route 2 and Santalune forest, and then I got to Route 3 and saved.

Y Team
Froakie - Froggo Level 10

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Even though I got my game hours ago, I've been playing slow because I don't want to finish it straight away. The balcony scene just happened and it was...magical! No other words. That was awesome :D

Unredemption

Spent the better part of the last hour at Route 6, trying to find the scattered trainer battles and items in the long grass. Too often, a Sentret or Oddish pops up when I don't want it to... the Audino encounters (two, in fact) at the main path were a pleasant surprise though.

Decided to take advantage of the new EXP Share mechanics to train other Pokemon in the slots that my main team doesn't occupy, for the purpose of evolving them and getting their Dex entry. I must say, I'm glad they streamlined it from EXP All in Gen I.

Current Team:
Ribbit the Frogadier, L24
Char the Charmeleon, L23
Teddy the Pancham, L19

"Guests":
Kadabra, L18
Combusken, L17 (yeah, this is the one from the Wi-Fi event)
Fletchling, L15

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Got my first badge late in the night earlier today, and my team is coming along nicely. Likely won't be my final team, but I love them all so much:

Frogadier - Lv.20
Fletchinder - Lv.19
Flabebe - Lv. 14
Butterfree - Lv.17
Ivysaur - Lv.16

Also, how can I get off my roller skates?

Kalosian

So long
As I started battling in the forest, I found out that Shauna wouldn't be battling alongside me in wild Double Battles which is a bit of a letdown, but having a friend with me is still awesome on its own. I explored the forest, battled all trainers, picked up all non-hidden items and met my friends multiple times. I also captured Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna and Pikachu. Nice to see that some older Pokemon has gotten new cries, they needed it. Reached the end of the forest and exited it, arrived at Route 3. All of the gang met up here, Serena headed off to the city before everyone else. I stayed on the Route, battled the trainers, picked up some items and captured Azurill, Burmy and Bidoof, maybe something more that I don't remember. I entered the City and for the first time in the game, there was a Pokemon Center. And healing Pokemon goes so fast that it's amazing, it's like a dream but better since it's for real. I explored most of the city, found a clothing store next to the Pokemon Center but didn't buy anything there yet. I met a man inside one of the houses who wanted to trade me a Farfetch'd for my Bunnelby, which I accepted. Reminds me of another trade from another time and space... After the trade, I found out that Farfetch'd can be caught in the wild at Route 22, so maybe it wasn't the best idea... although, it is at level 10 which makes it the second highest-leveled Pokemon I have right now, which might be useful. I explored all of the city except for the Gym, which I will check out next.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Finally finished training in Route 3, Fletchling got to level 11, while Chespin is 12. I also caught an Azurill, a Burmy and a Bidoof, along with the older Pokemon I had. I started messing around with Poke-Amie and it's a really cool feature, awesome to play with Fletcho and Chespo. Also some Pokemon can leave presents in your Poke-Amie screen which is neat! I then explored Santalune City, and met a girl who battled me. I beat her and she gave me my rollerskates, nice! I explored route 22, where I caught a Litleo and I think nothing else, and also battled a few trainers. Then, I went to the gym. The paintings are really cool. Fletcho was great in the gym, and then against Viola, Chespin beat Surskit and Fletcho beat Vivillon after a tough battle. I stopped and saved then. Love how saving is SO fast in this game!!

X Team
Chespin - Chespo (Level 14)
Fletchling - Fletcho (Level 15)

jwla

Just finished training Dusty, my Vivillion. I am from New York state (Upstate... like... really close to Canada) and can confirm a Polar Pattern. It's pretty and all, but I was hoping for something different.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Got both my games and started them. Y is further along than X because I downloaded it rather than get a physical copy.

Y: Used my real name and started with Froakie, as it is a tradition of mine. Decided to catch as many Pokemon as possible simply for the fun of it. First catch ended up being a Pidgey, followed by several others. First ever Fairy ended up being Azurill rather than a new Pokemon. Oh well. Got the Event Torchic, which I added to my team. Easily beat Viola, with both Froakie and Torchic taking part in it. Evolved both of them before reaching Lumiose City. Beat Sycamore and chose Bulbasaur to round out my starters. After a few tough horde battles (Stupid Scraggy with their Sand-Attacks), I manged to evolve that as well. On my way to the next town, but I took a break to play X.

X: I decided to play as the girl in this one just for the fun of it. While I had intended to use the default name for her, apparently my playing of Skyrim made me think it was Serana and not Serena. Not too nit picky about it, though. Chose Chespin this time. I'm planning on catching just the Pokemon I miss in my Y. Not much else, as I just got it less than a half hour ago.

DarkerShining

So, I bought both games today, and have just started playing X. Picked the appearance for my character, and made a save file. Downloaded the special Torchic, and so far I like what little I've seen. For X I'm going to be choosing Fennekin, and for now I'm going to be soft resetting until I get a female one.

johno1995

Chose Chespin, named him Sid.

Caught a Scatterbug in Santalune Forest, named her Harriet.

Received my event Torchic.

I took on Viola. Torchic and Harriet helped me defeat her. By the end of the gym battle, Harriet was fully evolved into a Polar Pattern Vivillon. Now I'm on route 4, in the process of leveling-up. Hoping Torchic will evolve here.

DarkerShining

Pokémon X: After about nine tries or so, I managed to get a female Fennekin. Named her Nova. Also got the Pokédex, and beat Shauna's Chespin in a battle, in which Nova leveled up to level 6. Went back and delivered Sycamore's letter to the mother, and got the Town Map. Now I guess it's time for this adventure to really begin!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Obtained the Bug badge from Viola, after seven hours.

• Braixen Lv.20 ♀
  • Fletchinder Lv.19 ♀
  • Vivillon Lv.19 ♀
  • Wartortle Lv.17 ♀

I'm going very slow this time for my adventure. Already been seven hours and I keep spending my time with Amie and Super Training. By the way, I'm one of the luckiest person in XY that I picked my Fennekin and Squirtle female on my first selection. Currently at Rt. 5.