• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

I am re-exploring lumoise city Post elite four. I went into the transportation office building and up to the second floor and in the left hand corner was a man staring at a trash can. When I spoke to him he startled with an exclamation mark and said he went around Kalos emptying rubbish bins then disappeared! I didn't manage to get screenshots so if anyone can I'd love to re-read the dialogue. I was a little tired at the time!

It reminds me of the freaky maniac girl on the empty floor of the unnamed office building.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
battleing on the battle chatou and leveling my Ev trained hidden ability talonflame

Unredemption

I don't know if it's just me, or I can't seem to find a raining route anywhere in the game for the past few hours. Either I'm really unlucky, or the AI just doesn't want me to get my Goodra...

Been keeping my Sliggoo at L49 since I don't know when. While the rest of the team is hovering around L60 :/

Crazy shenanigans just happened. I'm in the post-game and was just revisiting victory road to catch some pokemon i missed when out of nowhere a wild pokemon swoops down from the sky! (Like the woobats/ariados in caves) a special intro animation with feathers plays and im greeted by a wild lvl. 59 Hydreigon! I just caught it and am really awestruck right now. Ive played for 30+ hours thus far and never had anything like that happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Happened to me on my way to the league. Caught a skarmory and a fearow :D

RConnz

Swag King
Found a shiny Skorupi last night, my first shiny since Emerald. I was a bit disappointed as I don't really like Skorupi or Drapion, but oh well.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Kalosian

So long
I trained my Sylveon and Hawlucha a bit against the trainers in the Battle Chateau and against wild Pokemon on Route 10, then I continued traveling over the Route. I first met a Psychic who told me that my power level must be over 9000... I can't believe he said that. I also met a Backpacker who told me something about Colress investigating the place at some earlier point, now that's interesting. Route 10 is full of weird stones which probably has some strange power, at least the people here believed that, and I'm with them. I continued along the Route, battled the remaining trainers, picked up the items that I could find and met some more grunts from Team Flare. They seemed to be doing something suspicious here, but I'm not sure about what. They challenged me to battles and I beat them. I arrived at the next town and explored parts of it, also saw another Team Flare grunt here. Aside from that, I have also continued playing in the Pokemon Amie, I now have 3-4 hearts on all members of my team. I have also done a bit more Super Training, cleared all of the ones for level 1 and half of the ones for level 2, will continue with that as well. Lastly, the levels of my team members are starting to even out. I'll continue with exploring the rest of this town and see what I can find here.

657.png
- level 32
667.png
- level 32
679.png
- level 32
698.png
- level 32
700.png
- level 29
701.png
- level 30

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Caught a shiny Dugtrio outside the Power Plant! :) I swear I had a feeling one would pop up there, but I was scared it would be a Gible lol!

By the way, can someone tell me where I need to go after I beat the Flare members in the Power Plant? I went back to Lumiose, but the power is still out! What step am I missing? I guess I didn't read the dialogue close enough when I beat them, but I was pretty tired last night...

SprSncConzor

Well after ages of levelling up with no evolving, I can confirm Froakie learns Hydro Pump at Lv 48.

It also learns Bounce at Lv 39 and Double Team at Lv 43!

I still can't evolve it however, as I have no idea if it learns any missable moves!

Unredemption

Is there any way to influence the appearance of rain in the overworld? Been looking for rain for Sliggoo's evolution for the past two days but to no avail... and changing the time on the 3DS clock doesn't seem to help either.

pikkichu

I'm gonna be starting looker missions soon, maybe not dunno what the reward for it is to do it atm, wanting to move on to start my x version, caught all my legends minus articuno, I wonderif anything happens when you have all 3 birds (caught in x y and not transfered) like an ingame event similar to the kyogre and groudon in hg/ss
the legends were to easy to catch, minus mewtwo I got them all in one quick ball, ditto was harder to catch once it transformed into chesnaught and started power up punching, which beat my entire team + a couple revives till I caughtit

Found an fc with wartortle for friend safari, how likely is it to gwt the hidden abiliy in the friend safari?

And I also hatched a neutral natured male ralts, I don't want to evolve it into gardevoir cause I don't want 'that' kind of fairy on my team, and I don't care for gallade much but if my shiny gardevoir from black 2 makes it to x y ill be happy to evolve ralts to gallade
So people seem to be getting shinies raher easily without breeding or pokeradar(havent found good spots to use that, never been gold at using that) so what is it that is making finding shinies so easy at supposedly 1/8162(?) odds?and what's the way to make it easier, I really want to shiny hunt for only kalos pokemon and want to start with goomy and eventually hatching shiny starters

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Pokémon X: Won the sixth badge, and went to investigate what was going on at the Pokeball factory. Beat Team Flare with Calem's help, and got the Master Ball. Now heading to Route 15.

magentaman

Just caught Mewtwo in my second premier ball. Very pleased.
Was also pleased to find i could just buy premier balls, they're my favourite.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well, it's time for my X and Y stuff!

I'm very happy you can have a name with more than 10 characters long. SnivyTrainer fits just barely now. I chose my starter after meeting my new rivals, and my starter was Froakie! I'm playing Y by the way. I named him Kermit, and he looks badass. I also like how at level 5 the starts have their STAB move, unlike prior generations where it was level 6-10. Anyway, Kermit has a Mild Nature. Not bad. Shauna picked Fennekin, and Serena picked Chespin. I beat Shauna's Fennekin and went and delivered the letter.

Team so far:
656.png

Kermit the Mild Froakie, Level 12 (Pound, Growl, Bubble)

I was taught once again how to catch a Pokémon (this time by Serena) and then was given 10 Poke Balls. With one of these I caught a Fletchling, which I named Phoenix. She has a Bashful nature. I levelled my team to level 8, and got to Santalune Forest, where I met up with my rivals. I got through the forest, and challenged the first gym. Viola was easy. Froakie took down Surskit with a combination of Lick and Quick Attack, and Fletchling beat Vivillion with Peck. I took my gym badge, got TM Infestation, and left the gym. I went up to Luminose City, where Kermit evolved into Frogadier! Now it's even more badass. I got to the cool new Luminose City, and battled the Professor, who gave me a Charmander I won't be using. Kalos only team. I got to Route 5, where I beat Tierno with Frogadier, and caught 2 new members- Herbivore the Docile Skiddo and Panda the Relaxed Pancham! I also evolved Phoenix into Fletchinder. I trained my team extensively (love the Exp. Share mechanics) and got to Camphrier Town. Here I got TM Thief, and visited the Castle, and headed to Parfum Palace to get the Poke Flute. Turns out I could've caught my 5th member, Knight the Quirky Honedge! But I didn't, and caught Knight later on. I got the Poke Flute, beat up the Snorlax (after my romantic fireworks display with Shauna) and then caught Knight. Finally all my team bar Knight were level 20. Me and Serena won the double battle against Tierno and Trevor, and saved.

Team at this point:
657.png

Kermit the Mild Frogadier, level 20 (Pound, Quick Attack, Water Pulse, Lick)

662.png

Phoenix the Fletchinder, level 20 (Peck, Tackle, Ember, Quick Attack)

672.png

Herbivore the Docile Skiddo, level 20 (Leech Seed, Growth, Return, Razor Leaf)

674.png

Panda the Relaxed Pancham, level 20 (Arm Thrust, Slash, Karate Chop, Work Up)

679.png

Knight the Quirky Honedge, level 18 (Swords Dance, Pursuit, Tackle, Fury Cutter)

From there I went through the Zubat Roost cave thing, and got to Route 8. I caught an Absol as a Cut user, and to evolve my Pancham nearer to the time. I got lost briefly, but found my way to Ambrette Town, and then to Glittering Cave, where I beat Team Flare and got the Sail Fossil. I won't be using Amaura though. I then went all the way to Cyllage City, where Honedge finally pulled it's weight with an improved moveset, and swept Grant (well, almost. Herbivore had to come in to finish off Tyrunt). I uprgraded my team's movesets before the battle, and that's the point in the game I'm in.

657.png
662.png
672.png
674.png
679.png

How do you get the icons? I can't seem to find them.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Finished challenging Wulfric and obtained my eighth badge. Time to go to Pokémon League.

Team:

• Sylveon Lv.80 ♂
  • Delphox Lv.79 ♀
  • Blastoise Lv.76 ♀
  • Salamence Lv.75 ♀
  • Lucario Lv.73 ♂
  • Noivern Lv.65 ♀

• Talonflame Lv.70♀
  • Vivillon Lv.42 ♀ - PC.

NeVeRkE

1st Gen Veteran
Pokémon Y

pokémon league done
team so far:
Yveltal lvl 65
Blaziken lvl 86
Druddigon lvl 62
Lapras lvl 65
Butterfree lvl 70
Pidgeot lvl 66

just encountered Zapdos lvl 70
couldn't do a thing before it fled :eek:

LizardonX

Banned
I'm just screwing around with friend safaris now while trying to EV pokemon for the maison. The lack of real postgame sustenance is kind of sucky.