• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
Yesterday, I played with Pokemon Amie for the first time which didn't seem so hard. Actually, the mini games were quite addicting. Properly petting my pokemon was mildly challenging though. I accidentally hit my Vivillon's wing and apparently touched my Pikachu in an inappropriate place, so I adjusted as needed. Still, it made me feel bad when I hurt them. Another event of interest is when I used honey to encounter a horde of wild Psyduck. I got lucky because I caught the only one that had its hidden ability of Swift Swim!

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Thank you Synchronize Ralts! Finally got a Timid Xerneas after 5 soft resets and 2 Ultra Balls >_>

NeVeRkE

1st Gen Veteran
Pokémon Y

pokémon league done
team so far:
Yveltal lvl 65
Blaziken lvl 86
Druddigon lvl 62
Lapras lvl 65
Butterfree lvl 70
Pidgeot lvl 66

just encountered Zapdos lvl 70
couldn't do a thing before it fled :eek:

and caught Zygarde with a great ball lol

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
well, I've been playing through X and just started Y last night
In X, I am currently in the Team Flare café hideout trying to wrap that up and get to the 8th badge.
team:
Tyrantrum Lv. 53
Lucario lv 53
Bulbasaur lv 55
Talonflame lv 53
Greninja lv 54
Rotom lv 47

In Y, I'm just in the first forest. Chose Chespin as my starter and don't plan on evolving it. Caught two Pikachus looking for a lightball. The second one had it but I liked the first one better so I gave it to him. Made it further but fell asleep and my DS died :( Luckily I had saved after I caught second Pika.

Team:
Chespin lv 11
Pikachu lv 4

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
just got to the city with the seventh badge. I'm about to fight calem again since he challenged me. I know I got Y since saturday but i've been taking my time

I got X on Monday and I've been using it to trade charmander holding Charizardnite X over to Y (a friend helped me do it) but im planning to start it over and start with chespin and use a male character in it

DANB0

Unknown Trainer
So I was fidding around with the TMs and just so happened to come across that Garchomp can surf this gen. I know that Garchomp is a physical attacker, but still, I think this is awesome.

RieselJ315

Xerneas caught using 5 ultra balls, anyone know the capture rate?

Bluemage21

Xerneas caught using 5 ultra balls, anyone know the capture rate?

same as reshiram and zekrom, which i think was 45, really easy to catch

RieselJ315

same as reshiram and zekrom, which i think was 45, really easy to catch

Wow that's odd. What were the gen IV and below legendary capture rates? I remember on emerald I widdled Groudon to 1 hp and used 70 ultra balls with no luck.

Bluemage21

Wow that's odd. What were the gen IV and below legendary capture rates? I remember on emerald I widdled Groudon to 1 hp and used 70 ultra balls with no luck.

capture rate of 3, but you could also knock out the box legend and not be forced to capture it prior to gen 5 as well.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So.. I played Y during a class at university today. I was about to give up my search for a Dusk Stone for my Doublade when one of those insainly annoying ground-things which contains Trapinch, Dugtrio or Gible caught up With me at route 13 (I believe it was 13)
Anyways, from the dirt pops out a shiny Trapinch! I've had the game for under a week and already met a shiny, yay.

So, I sent out my weakest member, as Trapinch was at lv. 26 or something. I ended up sending out my Malamar, as she's "only" at lv. 51.
Anyways, Malamar didn't know any good moves, so I just cried for a minute before starting spamming Pokèballs. Ironically enough, my first Pokèball caught it.
And even better, Trapinch have Adamant nature! yay

And I'm obsessed With trainer customization...

So.. I played Y during a class at university today. I was about to give up my search for a Dusk Stone for my Doublade when one of those insainly annoying ground-things which contains Trapinch, Dugtrio or Gible caught up With me at route 13 (I believe it was 13)
Anyways, from the dirt pops out a shiny Trapinch! I've had the game for under a week and already met a shiny, yay.

So, I sent out my weakest member, as Trapinch was at lv. 26 or something. I ended up sending out my Malamar, as she's "only" at lv. 51.
Anyways, Malamar didn't know any good moves, so I just cried for a minute before starting spamming Pokèballs. Ironically enough, my first Pokèball caught it.
And even better, Trapinch have Adamant nature! yay

And I'm obsessed With trainer customization...
congrats man, thats really awesome and lucky! enjoy your shiny

TeamTurtle

OMG first time ever - Shiny Honedge, shiny Honedge - a beautiful red blade!

im so pleased, I missed out on shiny Patrat on first playthrough of White 2, but this has made up for it!

tipton87

Eevee Master
Meet a Shiny on the same night I got the game on route 8. Shiny Seviper in X. HOWEVER it was with a Horde of Zangoose and he was destroyed before I could even catch him :( Extremly depressing. I have never once encountered a Shiny in the wild before this and I am a hardcore poke player. Really upsetting.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Here's what's been happening over the last night...

- Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto
- Finally got to and one my 2nd bag (love that gyms interior)
- Traded an Absol on the GTS for a lvl 1. female Torchic with Speed Boost and an Attack based nature/characteristic which is AWESOME! Can't wait to find the IV statement guy to find out if its trainable (average or above for me).
- Just battled the 3rd gym leader on an entrance to a route, heading off now to her gym.
- Got distracted hunting for Sawk to trade online.

Meet a Shiny on the same night I got the game on route 8. Shiny Seviper in X. HOWEVER it was with a Horde of Zangoose and he was destroyed before I could even catch him :( Extremly depressing. I have never once encountered a Shiny in the wild before this and I am a hardcore poke player. Really upsetting.

Don't worry Shiny Pokemon are allot more common in these games, so its early days yet. I also have not been able to save Serviper fast enough.

It's a minor discovery but i think it's worth mentioning for Serebii purposes, today is my birthday so in game it apparently gives people the option on PSS to give gifts, another thing was that when i go into the pokemon center confetti flies everywhere and the screen behind nurse joy lights up with a birthday cake :D

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got my 4th badge after beating Callem, Ramos was really easy with just Lassen and Fluff Tail, then I caught chinchou at azura bay, and went to route 8 to catch a shellder and a skrelp which will be my final team member since I derped and forgot that meowstic and delphox are both psychic types XD After that I caught a trapinch, dugtrio, and raged while catching a gible, it took so long DX

Last edited: