• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

JD

So far I've been doing some training

X
Frogadier 18
Litleo 18
Skiddo 15

Y
Quiladin 17

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Riding this Rhyhorn is pretty awesome. And I just had my first Sky Battle, which was interesting.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Kicked the crap out of Korrina's Badge fight; Honedge roflstomps her so badly it's not even funny in both fights.

Currently rolling with:

Lv. 35 foxe the Braixen
Lv. 35 Bulwark the Venusaur
Lv. 33 Sheena the Pangoro
Lv. 33 Leslie the Honedge
Lv. 33 Government the Snorlax
Lv. 32 Auraholic the Lucario
Lv. 30 Lapraos the Lapras

I'm going to have to drop something; probably Sheena, as I need a Surfer and Dark is overlapping with Ghost coverage-wise. If someone wants Sheena, feel free to shoot me a VM, I don't mind just giving her away.

Bardische

Elegance.
Man, I played for 12 hours straight. Lining up for the games was really easy. Anyway, after 2 hours after I bought my games, I went back and saw so much people trading and mingling with each other. I really love that sense of togetherness and mutual love of Pokemon. <3

Anyway, currently messing around Ambrette Town.

Team is currently:

Level 27, Barranus the Braixen
Level 24, Sento the Vivillon
Level 24, Isolde the Floette
Level 22, Lisbeth the Kirlia
Level 17, Excaliboo the Honedge
Level 22, Darach the Pikachu

Any idea how supposedly frequent shiny Pokemon are this time around?

Mew_Celebi

Shocking Pikachu
I just started playing and caught a shiny Pikachu. :D

Team so far:
Chespin lvl 11
Spewpa lvl 9
Pikachu lvl 4 (In training)
Then random things.

You can find so much in the beginning. The animations are amazing too.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Battling the third gym right this very second; team so far is:

Malamar Lv 34
Helioptile Lv33
Amaura Lv 33
Frogadier Lv35
Pyroar Lv35
Talonflame Lv35

Also is it me or are shinies easier to get? I already got a shiny Mime Jr aswell as a shiny Doduo

Edit: Also Helioptile can learn Surf, no idea why but it can

Last edited:
I just beat Korrina. Honedge is too OP in this game, I swear. She couldn't even touch me while I SD'd up and one-shotted everything with Aerial Ace.

Team:
Quilladin level 33
Fletchinder level 33
Honedge level 33
Wartortle level 32
Floette level 32
Absol level 32

No shinies yet :(

MYNISTA

In Christ
Just met up with Selena at Cafe Soleil:

- Fletchinder - 17
- Quilladin - 16
- Squirtle - 10
- Flabebe - 10

Awesome game, got it at midnight via Gamestop.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Got my game 2 hours ago.. Had to set up my Friend Code & Internet Connection..

Decided to choose Chespin unexpectedly I like its final evo more than the other two.. But will deposit it later on once I get the pokes I want..

So far I'm at Santalune..

Caught the very first wild Pokemon I've encountered.. Pidgey!

Caught myself a Scatterbug out of the curiosity for its appearance..

I love the game! I love the battle animation, the surroundings everything! It feels so real and amazing! Very interactive game..

I love the nice touches.. The nickname from friends, the animation when acquiring items on the road, the added restore etc its handy!

Continuing on...

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
I caught a Shiny Female Scatterbug on my Y Version today

Kalosian

So long
I said I would go to the Gym next, but it didn't happen. Outside of the Gym, I met a girl who told me about Roller Skating and she would gave me a pair of Roller Skates if I could beat her in battle. I beat her and got them, really nice since they are super fast, like Running Shoes 2.0 except for the fact that they can't be used in tall grass or inside buildings, but that's not a problem as I have the usual Running Shoes for that. Anyway, after beating her, I headed out to Route 22 since it was possible to go here, I thought I might just see how far I could go. I battled one trainer and captured Psyduck, Riolu, Dunsprace, maybe something more I can't remember and most importantly, a Litleo, which will be the second member of my team. I wanted a Male but couldn't find one so I settled for a Female with Rivalry instead. I went back to Route 2 and trained Litleo a bit in order to make it stronger. Then I went back to Route 22 and battled all trainers I could battle there and picked up a few items. I found the entrance to Victory Road but couldn't enter since I don't have a single badge yet, and there was another path leading somewhere which I couldn't get to yet either. But it hardly matters, I know that I'm not good enough yet and there will be time for it later. I headed back to Route 22, will train Litleo a bit more before challenging the Gym.

From now on, I'll also post my team in every post.

Team:
Froakie level 15
Litleo level 13

DarkerShining

So, I'm now at Santalune Pokémon, after making it through Santalune Forest and catching some Pokémon. I now have a Fletchling, a Pidgey, a Scatterbug, a Weedle and a Pansage in addition to my Fennekin. And now I've picked up my Torchic from the Delivery Lady. Shame I can't nickname him, but oh well, since I do have Nova (my Fennekin) I wasn't planning on using it on my main team anyways.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Guys!!! I just caught a shiny!!!! A shiny Psyduck!!!!! Am I the first one who catches a shiny in X & Y ???

No like 50 people before you have to, if you were paying attention >.>

J-Biz

I'm between Gyms 7 & 8, destroyed Team Flare and now battling Shauna on a bridge. She pulls out a Goodra Lv. 49 that uses Earthquake to wipe out my Lv. 62 Delphox, so I pull out my Lv. 54 Sligoo and beat it with Dragon Pulse. I suppose my next job is working out how to evolve Sligoo, because it obviously isn't by leveling up!

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Alright guys, I got my game finally. I just started up. Befor I go any further I want to say this game so far looks and sounds beautiful. Better than I expected. I got X, so that intro of Xerneas was so beautiful. The intro was good itself to. Cute how they matched the jumping to the symbol crashes.

- Named myself Sam and picked the boy, as per usual. I decided with just normal looking Calem. I wanted to name him that bur seeing as how i'm going to be sharing this with all my friends I needed a way to differentiate myself.
- Fletchling ow, that hurt.
- Gotta say the house looks snazzy. Much better than most starter houses.
- After meeting Serena and Shauwna I roamed around, standard first town business, everyone just talked about tutorials and the like. No items to speak of. Guess it's off to route 1 then.
- Well that was the shortest distance to a town i've ever seen.
- Awesome music when you pick your Pokemon! I'm probably going to have to buy this soundtrack.
- Hee hee, a nickname. Totally picked S-Mister
- ALRIGHT First Pokemon time! I picked Fennikin, as I knew I would. My Fennikin is female [yay] and I named her Din, after the goddess of fire herself.
- Got the Pokedex to, this game starts out really fast, it's rather nice.
- A letter to deliver, oh great. Next thing you know people are gunna start calling me Phillip J. Fry.

Now that I got out of that cutscene here are my stats for Fennikin:
- Din, Female, lvl 5
- Bashfull nature [meh, at least it's not something negative.]
- HP: 19
- Atk: 9
- Def: 9
- SpAtk: 12
- SpDef: 11
- Spd: 12
Apparently she's often lost in thought.
[If anyone can find the IV's Or knows how to find them that would be awesome. I've tried calculators but you need the species.]

- Well, just as I almost left, I should have seen the rival battle incoming. At first glance the battles look awesome, and the music is so good.
- Mom sure does look all excited. Its so cool to see that mom has her own Pokemon to.
- Got a potion from the dude who obviously looked like he ran the mart.
- Also picked up 10 Pokeballs plus the free premier ball, just in case. If I hit a shiny this will be my first one EVER in ANY Pokemon game.
- Time to set off into the great unknown of Kalos. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Did they change the shinnies probably ? Everyone has shinnies and my first wild enconter was with a shinny pidgey and i didnt had pokeballs =(