• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer
Yeah you do. It's a Wi-Fi event?

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer

Grim712

'New Guy'
Just got to route 5 and while messing around with the grind rails I found a shiny Doduo :D So is there any confirmation that Shinies are more common now?

MrDuck

Just got to route 5 and while messing around with the grind rails I found a shiny Doduo :D So is there any confirmation that Shinies are more common now?

Also found my black furfrou on route 5 :p. And I'm really starting to think theyre more common.

weridpan

Is any one having problems with the eshop version of X and Y because my game wont download at al

Unredemption

The last time I checked, the help thread is HERE.

Back to business: finally got my game a few hours ago! Went with Froakie as planned and gave him the ridiculous nickname "Ribbit". I find it quite apt though. Have been taking my own sweet time with this one, trying to catch every Pokemon I find on each route before moving on. Some hiccups though, like accidentally KO-ing a Pikachu (!) and not having Great Balls to do Farfetch'd (Poke Balls were taking too long).

Currently have 1 badge with Frogadier at L17, still looking out for signs of my Pancham and Helioptile... let's see what happens with the rest of today!

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Alright then, I guess I can participate in one of these. I started my adventure off about four hours ago with a Froakie named Teron. After beating Shuana and some hunting around, I found a Fletchling and named it Flinttel. After some grinding, we clobbered Viola and got the bug badge. Love infestation by the way. We went to Lumiose and looked around and about before battling Sycamore, easily maiming him and stuffing my Charmander into the box. On route 5 we caught our newest addition, Panchum, who I named Yorick. While grinding I caught a few Pokemon, including the Snorlax. I also naturally ran into a horde battle of Gulpin. Has anyone else experience something of the like? Also Teron and Flinttel evolved. After this grinding is over (I really miss committing Audino Genocide, no offense to the Audinos.), I'll head towards Grant...

Team
Yorick (Panchum) Lv. 17
Teron (Frogadier) Lv. 20
Flinttel (Fletchinder) Lv. 21

Boxed:
Blue Flebebe (Had a yellow ,but got a Japanese Pansage for it)
Japanese Pansage
Roselia
CHarmander
Skiddo
Furfrou
Plusle
Venipede
Volbeat
Illumise
Snorlax
Torchic.

Zenthor

picked up my copy of X today, picked Fennekin. then proceeded to pick Charmander and got my event torchic.

Needless to say I have way too my fire types but I like them all :(

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
picked up my copy of X today, picked Fennekin. then proceeded to pick Charmander and got my event torchic.

Needless to say I have way too my fire types but I like them all :(

Torchic is Wifi correct. Please tell me it isn't PGL.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I can confirm Torchic is Wifi and it arrives at Level 10

Yes! Thank you, I saw them mention it ad the PGL Homepage yesterday and I was worried that was how you got it. Glad its Wifi. Now I know my Fire type for my first game.

Kalosian

So long
Got the game today. Went through all the introductory stuff, named my trainer (wish I had known beforehand that it is now possible to have a name with more than 7 letters, perhaps then I could have thought up a better name). Anyway, I found myself in Vaniville Town, which wasn't very large, a typical starting town I guess. Explored it but there wasn't a lot to see. I went up to Route 1 and through it (I love how the Routes now seem to have secondary names, really awesome!) and arrived at Aquacorde Town, where I met a couple of people who I guess will be my companions, I haven't learned all of their names yet. Either way, I got to choose a starter Pokemon, and I went with Froakie. First time since 3rd gen where I pick a Water starter on my first game of the generation, so this will be fun. Shauna picked Fennekin and Serena got Chespin, I didn't expect her to be what I guess will be my "main" rival, so that was a bit of a surprise. I also got a Pokedex and a letter to deliver to my mother in Vaniville. The two guys left to travel further while the girls stayed.

I was about to go back to Vaniville when Shauna challenged me to a battle. She seemed confident but I defeated her since I had an advantage against her. I continued back to Vaniville and delivered the letter, also got a Town Map which is great to have. Went back to Aquacorde and explored the town for real, got a Potion from a man and bought a couple of Poke Balls. Continued out to Route 2 where I captured Pidgey, Zigzagoon, Fletchling, Scatterbug and Bunnelby. I really like how you now get Experience from capturing Pokemon as well, this should make training a bit easier. Halfway through the Route, I met Serena and Shauna again, Serena showed my how to capture Pokemon which I already know but it was very kind of her anyway. I continued up the Route and battled a Youngster just before the forest. Then I entered the forest whose name I cannot remember right now where I met Shauna again. She wanted to team up with me while we travel through the Forest (I love this, and I hope this feature will exist in every future game from Black/White 2 and on). Saved in the forest, and I will explore it next.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Started with Froakie, beat Shauna's fennekin in like 2 hits, caught a fletchling and a bunnelby which I traded for the Farfecth'd. Grinded my fletchling up, and Froakie. Battled the gym, Froakie got ko'd (sad face) by Vivillion after Fletchling took down surskit, so I brought Fletchling back in to finish it. Got the exp. all, caught a Floette, also a furfrou, psyduck, and skiddo just cause. Beat Sycamore, got my Charmander and Charzardite X. Got the watering can and planted berries, got the pokeflute and caught a Pancham, and a male & female Espurr. Boxed the Fletchling, Furfrou, Psyduck, and Skiddo.
About to face Snorlax, hopefully capture it.

My team:

lv. 22 Frogadier
lv. 21 Charmeleon
lv. 20 Floette
lv. 13 Pancham
lv. 13 Espurr F
lv. 12 Espurr M

Box:
Furfrou
Psyduck
Farfetch'd
Skiddo
Fletchinder

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Finally got my copies of X and Y. Started out X as my main game, did all the beginning stuff. Love the scene with Fletchling at the beginning! Met Shauna and Serena, and then explored PSS and the first city. Continued and met Trevor and Tierno, and also got my first Pokemon, a Chespin called Chespo! Went ahead and caught a Fletchling called Fletcho (yeah it's a trend now) and went through Santalune Forest. I love this game so much! The character bends over when talking to little kids aww :) And your mom now has a room lol. Such a great game! Currently training Fletcho in Route 3, and will probably start Y after I'm done training. AHH LOVE THIS :D AND YOUNGSTER JOEY IS BACK!!

X Team
Chespin - Chespo (Level 11)
Fletchling - Fletcho (Level 3)

Last edited: