• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Derpdash

- Been playing for 6 hours, still having only one badge xD
- Grinding is so much better in X and Y
- JUST CAUGHT A SHINY HAWLUCHA

Attachments

• 2qmhy1f.jpg
    2qmhy1f.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Lukechu

- Been playing for 6 hours, still having only one badge xD
- Grinding is so much better in X and Y
- JUST CAUGHT A SHINY HAWLUCHA

Not as bad as me; I'm just about to challenge the 3rd gym leader and my play time is 25:45.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw

Lukechu

Kall El

..Silence..
# Kalos, is where the start is #

A final look at Isshu, and my next journey is upon me, Kalos is where the start is.
Arriving at Kalos, a new land far away from my home, a new sense for adventure was growing inside me!
Yeah, I'm really excited for this, lets see what path is ahead..
I was immediately impressed by the warm introduction, it blew me away!

Taking my first steps outside, I immediately run into some mysterious people, two girls who would later be my best friends.
They ask me to meet them up later, after exploring Vaniville I arrive at Aquacorde Town.
And here, I meet Trevor & Tierno. Forming a group of 5 with each friend having there own personality, Tierno's dancing comes to mind! Haha! :]
And, I do love the idea of travelling Kalos with them, they call me Ashy.

Introducing ourselves, felt like the beginning of something special, something really amazing!
Tierno, then popped out a huge surprise, he had 3 Kalos starters with him, with one being for me!!!
I chose, Fennekin of course. That was decided without any thought!

After the gang split, I decided to head forward & breathe the fresh air of Kalos, & get things started.
First things first, I was challenged by Shauna to a battle. The 3D is just unbelievable! I also started to catch a number of Pokemon on the early routes, though one particular Pokemon was annoying difficult to find!!
This same Pokemon would be a huge ferroTHORN later on, as you'll see.. :]

Alas, I arrive at the location of my first gym battle, I'm not sure what to do here, but I go in reluctantly & proceed to battle.
Viola was tough. Like really tough considering my team's type advantages.
She had a clear well thought out strategy, & I didn't find her as easy as I'd have thought.
Surskit was pretty tough, but her Vivillon was her prized jewel and it wasn't an easy battle.
I was lucky. If I used Fennekin early on against her Surskit, then I probably would have lost badly.
Going into this match reminded me of my battles against Cheren, who beat me like 4 times in a row!
This time around, I was just really lucky, but Viola's battle was one I'll never forget!

With my first badge in hand, feeling SOOPA-confident & OOPA-excited for more adventures, I continue my quest!
Hesitant, with having one last thing to do, something, that is too important for my journey,
I look back & think..
*I have to catch em' all!*..
Kalos, is where the beginnings have come.

Last edited:

Derald Snyder

Well, since I was going to get the Special Torchic, I decided to start with Chespin to cover Torchic's water weakness. I've made it to Santalune City, but I focused more on catching Pokemon than heading for the Gym straightaway. BTW, I'm playing as the girl character, who I named Danielle.

Current team:
Lv. 7 Bunnelby
Lv. 9 Chespin
Lv. 7 Panpour
Lv. 8 Scatterbug
Lv. 7 Pidgey
Lv. 10 Torchic

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
So I've officially started my journey in Kalos... I chose Fennekin around 12:00 this morning after getting home from a band competition. To my surprise I didn't have to soft-reset for a female, because on my first try it was :D (Does anyone know the gender-ratio for Fennekin by any chance? Is it the normal for starters?) I've beaten Shauna and got the letter for my mother. I'm so excited to get home and continue my adventure! So far, I've only seen a Bunnelby and a Pidgey. I'll keep at it until I see a bunch of Pokemon!
I gave my brother X this morning, and he's currently only on Professor Sycamore's introduction. When asked what he thought, he only said that he needed to experience more of the game. I hope he doesn't pick Fennekin... She's mine! Lol. I see him picking Chespin.

Lukechu

Well, since I was going to get the Special Torchic, I decided to start with Chespin to cover Torchic's water weakness. I've made it to Santalune City, but I focused more on catching Pokemon than heading for the Gym straightaway. BTW, I'm playing as the girl character, who I named Danielle.

Current team:
Lv. 7 Bunnelby
Lv. 9 Chespin
Lv. 7 Panpour
Lv. 8 Scatterbug
Lv. 7 Pidgey
Lv. 10 Torchic

And your Kanto starter?:eek:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Got the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. Started with Chespin because I always start with the Grass-type. Really impressed with how quickly you can get started, none of that annoying tutorial stuff. Caught a Fletchling as well as the Special Torchic. Easily got the Santalune City Gym Badge and made my way to Lumiose City, where I chose Squirtle from Professor Sycamore. Now I've headed up to the Palace.

Current Team
Chespin / Level 21
Fletchinder / Level 19
Wartortle / Level 18

Gym Badges: 1

DarkerShining

Been making more progress in X, playing some more in Pokémon Amie and catching some more Pokémon. My Squirtle just evolved into Wartortle, and I've also caught the Snorlax that was blocking the bridge on Route 7. Also discovered where to plant berries, and got the Cut HM from the garden maze thing, and found that one guy's missing Furfrou before all of that. My current team consists of my Braixen, my Vivillon (Polar Pattern), my Furfrou, my Wartortle, my Flabébé and my Pidgey.

Lukechu

You don't get that until after the 1st gym.

Really? Could've sworn I had my Bulbasaur before the 1st gym? Maybe I was just so full of excitement I wasn't really paying attention to that, aha.

abdulmuhsee

For anyone wondering how to get into the Boutique Couture, it has NOTHING to do with what you are wearing, and a lady sitting nearby hints at this by saying "being stylish means knowing a lot about Lumoise City" or something like that.

I went back to the city after the blackout was fixed, visited a whole bunch of places, and was then told I was stylish by the boutique without changing a single article of clothing. Also, there is no trench coat or suit for men.

aerial_ace

I can't believe how huge the gaps between gyms are ! I'm loving it. Since last time I caught honedge and revived amuara(he is quite disappointing so far but I will give him a chance currently lv 32 no idea when it will evolve) saw few new pokemon I never seen before like espur and carbink which I caught but I don't intend to train it. Defeated grant, Amuara took half my team down :eek:
At the moment I'm in the cave with mirrors which could be my favourite location in any pokemon games so far looks great ! While training in the cave my quiladin and fletlinder evovled at the same time !! Exp share makes training so easy...
My team so far:
Chestnaught lv 36
Talonflame lv 35
Flaoette lv 33
Honeedge lv 33
Amaura lv 32
Carbink lv 25

I think honedge and amuara will evolve soon so the team looks pretty strong :) searching for skrelp hopefully I have not missed it yet .

bushie

i'm about to take down gym number 2 won't be too hard though the leader has the two fossil pokemon and they're both rock my frogadier with help from skiddo easily mow through the gym now i'm off to find out more about mega-evolution.

Bardische

Elegance.
[IMG300]http://imageshack.com/a/img27/7826/zgxu.jpg[/IMG300]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

There is a Poke Ball boutique in Lumiose City (accessed after accessing the second half of the city), and this shop appears to be able to sell the Master Ball? Anybody confirm if it can? Has anybody been able to?

On that note: this woman is selling Premiere Balls for 200. FINALLY.

Question the Quilava

Holy! Ambush!!!!
Since my last recent happening, I've now beaten then 3rd and 4th gyms, and spent a bit more time back-tracking to get some extra 'Mons. Added a Solosis to the team and she's definetely a good addition as ANYTHING Figthing or Flying was just mowing my team down at one point. That Karate Guy in the Reflection Cave with the Lvl 28 Sawk completely swept my team singlehandedly; It was crazy

As I type I've just had an Aerodactyl added to my box! Old Amber was a real pain to find in that Glittering Cave

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
OMG I just saw the creepiest thing that I have ever seen in any pokemon game. In Lumiose City there is a building just down from the Route 14 entrance. When I went to the 2nd floor of this building a creepy ghost-like floating girl showed up behind me when I got out of the elevator. She then said "No, you're not the one..." and then floated away. It was so creepy. I think the main reason was because of the detail in the design. Her face looked creepy when she floated away. It was so, so creepy. I recommend going to this building to see it for yourself.

Also, my in-game team looks like this:

Blaziken LV40
Greninja LV39
Venusaur LV37
Alakazam LV39
Staraptor LV39
Tyrunt LV 37

Almost got my Tyrantrum. I'm on my way to the 5th gym now.

Oh my god, that just happened to me then. What the hell? Who was she? So creepy! And that entire floor was completely empty, too.