• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Fighting an Exeggcute I'm looking to add to my team with Absol and it poisoned me using poison powder, my Absol then shook it's head and text came up saying something along the lines of 'Absol expelled the poison', was pretty cool. On a side note I originally thought Pokemon Amie was a bit of a silly idea but it's really brought my pokemon to life, love my Absol :)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Just beat Grant, obtained my Cliff badge. Battled with Korrina and currently at Reflection Cave.

Team:

• Delphox Lv.40 ♀
  • Blastoise Lv.40 ♀
  • Talonflame Lv.40 ♀
  • Vivillon Lv.40 ♀
  • Shelgon Lv.30 ♀
  • Sylveon Lv.28 ♂

Time: 19:52.

I hope, there are some gaps between other cities so that, I won't go through all GYM's right after beating the previous one. It was a quite challenge between Santalune and Cyllage. Time for Shalour.

iTarTar

Loving this game, I haven't felt compelled to catch pokemon since FireRed. I have 96 pokemon captured out of 212 seen. I am almost at Dendemeville with:
Frogadier (Kermit) Lv. 60
Floette (Renée) Lv. 48
Venasaur (Léif) Lvl. 49
Goomy (Gum Gwop) Lv. 39
Doublade (Ancrath) Lv. 50
Blaziken Lv. 58
Talonflame (Cinder) Lv. 47 in reserve

Floette learns Moonblast (Fairy type equivalent of flamethrower) at roughly Lv. 46. Doublade learns Iron Head at roughly Lv. 46. For gaudier learns Hydro Pump at Lv. 60. You find a lucky egg in the Coumarine Hotel - talk to the blonde lady west of the entrance. I won't evolve my Doublade or Floette until I reach Victory Road. I get exp pretty easily from sweet scent hordes and capturing all new pokemon I meet. You get Gengarite from a hex maniac to the west of the fairy gym building. Water, fire and grass pledge are available in same town with Gengarite, just before the new route to the east.

dman_dustin

Loving this game, I haven't felt compelled to catch pokemon since FireRed. I have 96 pokemon captured out of 212 seen. I am almost at Dendemeville with:
Frogadier (Kermit) Lv. 60
Floette (Renée) Lv. 48
Venasaur (Léif) Lvl. 49
Goomy (Gum Gwop) Lv. 39
Doublade (Ancrath) Lv. 50
Blaziken Lv. 58
Talonflame (Cinder) Lv. 47 in reserve

Floette learns Moonblast (Fairy type equivalent of flamethrower) at roughly Lv. 46. Doublade learns Iron Head at roughly Lv. 46. For gaudier learns Hydro Pump at Lv. 60. You find a lucky egg in the Coumarine Hotel - talk to the blonde lady west of the entrance. I won't evolve my Doublade or Floette until I reach Victory Road. I get exp pretty easily from sweet scent hordes and capturing all new pokemon I meet. You get Gengarite from a hex maniac to the west of the fairy gym building. Water, fire and grass pledge are available in same town with Gengarite, just before the new route to the east.

Is Iron head Doublade's best move, because I'd like mine to not evolve until learns that fighting type sword attack, but I really want Aegislash, is that fighting type sword attack in Aegislash's level up moveset for move tutor, or should I keep waiting until Doublade learns it naturally (which I hope isn't' too long)?

iTarTar

Is Iron head Doublade's best move, because I'd like mine to not evolve until learns that fighting type sword attack, but I really want Aegislash, is that fighting type sword attack in Aegislash's level up moveset for move tutor, or should I keep waiting until Doublade learns it naturally (which I hope isn't' too long)?
So far, yes. Its current moveset is Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance and Night Slash. I haven't found a move relearner yet, so I'm a bit scared to evolve. It hasn't learnt any fighting type moves as of yet. It is a very strong pokemon to use, I suggest leaving it as is - no need to evolve it yet - since once you evolve, Aegislash it becomes more susceptible to damage.

KalosChampion

I don't know where to post this, but I'm a bit concerned about the length of the game. I'm in Dendemille Town, between gym 6 and 7, and have only played a little over 11 hours. Am I just a fast player, or is this game short?

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Managed to capture Zygarde, but still figuring out how this god-forsaken pokeradar works. Sometimes when you walk into patches it says 'Huh? There doesn't seem to be any pokemon around' and it instantly breaks the chain right there. Getting on the skates or having the sour luck of finding the wrong pokemon also breaks it.

JD

Recently, in Y Version I just made it to Shalour City in X Version I'm still trekking through Reflection Cave :p

Y Version
Quilladin 31
Alakazam 30
Wartortle 31
Helioptile 29

I'll probably switch back to X soon.

iTarTar

I don't know where to post this, but I'm a bit concerned about the length of the game. I'm in Dendemille Town, between gym 6 and 7, and have only played a little over 11 hours. Am I just a fast player, or is this game short?

I've got 15 hours on the dot.

dman_dustin

So far, yes. Its current moveset is Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance and Night Slash. I haven't found a move relearner yet, so I'm a bit scared to evolve. It hasn't learnt any fighting type moves as of yet. It is a very strong pokemon to use, I suggest leaving it as is - no need to evolve it yet - since once you evolve, Aegislash it becomes more susceptible to damage.

The move, now that I've looked is called Sacred Sword, it was said to learn it, I haven't learned it yet, and neither have you. By the way mine is the same as yours but I have Aerial Ace instead of swords dance, I feel like that benefits me more than swords dance does.

I've got 25 hours on the clock with 3 badges, but I've caught 100/150 Pokemon I've seen. Also not using Exp share

Shaomien

Beaten the 8th gym leader and on the way to the pokemon league.

Does anyone know where to find a waterstone as I'm after a vaporeon.

Mienshao Lv74
Lapras Lv68
Ampharos Lv77
Delphox Lv71
Talonflame Lv73
Yveltal Lv62

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

11 hours? I have just obtained my second badge in 19 hours, though I'm playing a lot with Amie and Super Training.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just started playing my game, and IT. IS. AWESOME!!!!!

Shiny Trevenant

Am I the only one not having any luck with shinies? I am at 290 random encounters and still no shiny phantump or pumpkaboo. I realize that the chances are still pretty low to find one, but it seems like everyone else was getting them left and right yesterday.

iTarTar

The move, now that I've looked is called Sacred Sword, it was said to learn it, I haven't learned it yet, and neither have you. By the way mine is the same as yours but I have Aerial Ace instead of swords dance, I feel like that benefits me more than swords dance does.

I'm saving swords dance for when I evolve it so that way I have some defence once the stats switch.

Lukechu

11 hours? I have just obtained my second badge in 19 hours, though I'm playing a lot with Amie and Super Training.

Mine has to be the worst. ;)

33 hours in.
4 badges.
157 seen.
78 caught. (Nearly bang on half seen)
Team in sig.

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Beaten the 8th gym leader and on the way to the pokemon league.

Does anyone know where to find a waterstone as I'm after a vaporeon.

You can buy a Water Stone extremely early in game in the huge Luminous City (sp?) for 10k, just look for a 'stone' store; was able to buy Water/Leaf/Fire there if I remember right and I only had one badge at time.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just caught everything o route 6, except audino which I have no idea how to catch, after catching the guy's furfrou. Current team:
Fluff Tail the braxion lv 21
Pekoe the pancham lv 18
Skiddo lv 16
Fillmore the espurr lv 11