• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Dislexicon

intermediate trainer
I'm almost to the 2nd gym. I got the game at launch, but there are many things to be occupied with.

Inkay Lv: 18
Kecleon Lv:29
Gloom: Lv: 23
Dunsparce: Lv: 30
Braixen Lv: 24
Amaura Lv: 20

Man the in battle scenes are just awesome. I noticed there isn't any friend code threads here, I'd be willing to trade some time in the future with anyone.

D!3g0

I never would've thought that catching Yveltal would be SO damn easy! It took me just Ultra Balls to catch it....Even after I accidentally killed it the first time and didn't save the game before battling it, lol.

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
I just got the Elevator Key. Man, that scene was incredible. Pokemon getting deep. I'm pretty sure I wiped a tear or two away at the end.

Klaymen

Got Pokemon Y yesterday and just done reflecting cave which was awesome, was lucky enough to get a shiny Solrock in glittering cave. Has there been any changes with the odds of getting a shiny? loads seem to be coming up for people at the moment.

Delphox: 36
Combusken: 32
Ivysaur: 25
Solrock: 20 shiny

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I obtained Pokemon Y from the store the other day and am currently in frost cavern. The game has been pretty easy so far and I've been having a fun time catching tons of pokemon, I even caught a shiny oddish. I visited the move rememberer and taught flare blitz to my talonflame.

Current team:
Greninja: 65
Lucario: 62
Talonflame: 61
Venusaur: 60
Diggersby: 56 (hm slave)
Haxorus: 51

As you can see my current team is extremely over-leveled due to all the pokemon hunting I did.

Lukechu

Beat 5th gym earlier, but have to start leaving for school now. :c
Bye for now Kalos, and Hello England.. ._.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
Beat 5th gym earlier, but have to start leaving for school now. :c
Bye for now Kalos, and Hello England.. ._.

Using my Noibat now? <3 enjoy school hahaha ill be playing pokemon Y up here in Scotland

Crimson-Wolf

Got Pokemon Y yesterday and just done reflecting cave which was awesome, was lucky enough to get a shiny Solrock in glittering cave. Has there been any changes with the odds of getting a shiny? loads seem to be coming up for people at the moment.

Delphox: 36
Combusken: 32
Ivysaur: 25
Solrock: 20 shiny

I've not encountered a shiny yet although i'm currently in unknown cave soft resetting for a shiny mewtwo. no luck so far.

Evie Snow

Does anyone else find Noibat sadly kinda weak? :c I mean she's the lowest level in my party currently at 25 while all my others are in their low 30s. But her attack, defense and sp. attack all seem horribly low! She's a really poor fighter currently. Is it a case of she's weak until she evolves and then she will become a absolute beast? Or is Noibat/Noivern forever deemed to be amazing looking but really weak?

My team currently -

Mavis the Female Noibat (25)
Chao the Male Pancham (30)
Trixie the Female Braixen (32)
Raine the Female Aurorus (32)
Nymphia the Female Sylveon (31)
Quincy the Male Meowstic (31)

I've also heard about a ton of people getting shinies recently? Has the shiny chance increased?

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Took a break for a while as my eyes were starting to hurt. Started up again and I just caught Xerneas...it only took 4 Ultra Balls o_o

Kalosian

So long
I battled all trainers and picked up all items on the left part of Route 6. This gave Honedge a bit more training. After that, I headed down to check my Berry Garden. I found a Volbeat in one tree which I caught and I picked up all weed that had grown during the night. With that, I could finally face off that Snorlax. I went there and Shauna appeared again. One of the men asked us if we had the Flute, which we did. He played it, and the Snorlax woke up, I was the one who got to battle it. I managed to catch it quite easily, thought it was best since I don't think Snorlax is very common here in Kalos, though that might be wrong... The man who owned the Poke Flute appeared and told the dude who played it that he could keep it since he actually knew how to play it. Then they all left. I continued a little on the Route, arrived at a Day-Care which Tierno and Trevor told me about. I decided to leave my Doduo there for now as I don't have anything better to leave at the moment. I battled a bit in the grass on the Route, captured Smeargle, Illumise, Roselia, Ducklett and Swirlix. Will see of there are any more wild Pokemon that I don't have that can be found here, and then I'll continue exploring.

Team:
657.png
- level 23
667.png
- level 22
679.png
- level 22

Bardische

Elegance.
I found a Shiny Snover today :D

[IMG200]http://imageshack.com/a/img542/1340/ckr9.jpg[/IMG200]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Absolutely perfect. I'll try uploading what Shiny Mega Abomasnow looks like.

And caught Xerneas on the first turn with a Quick Ball <3

Current team is:

Delphox (64 - Hidden Power Fighting [lucky!], Psychic, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball)
Hawlucha (60 - Flying Press, Fly, Poison Jab, Strength)
Lapras (59 - Surf, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam)
Florges (60 - Moonblast, Grassy Terrain, Wish, Petal Blizzard)
Gardevoir (58 - Psychic, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Magical Leaf)
Doublade (60 - Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Shadow Claw, False Swipe)

Continuing on from Anistar City :3

Aquarelle

Staff member
I spent quite a lot of time training my Hawlucha. While training, I also got my Frogadier to evolve. I then went to challenge Korrina at the Shalour Gym. My Hawlucha managed to defeat all three of her Pokemon. After obtaining my third badge, I went back to the Tower of Mastery. At the top of the tower, I used Mega Evolution for the first time using one of Korrina's Lucario. I got to keep the Lucario after.

After all that, I spent some time on Pokemon Amie. I fed several of my Pokemon and then played each of the mini games. Currently, I'm on Route 12.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. After a lack of attention, I knocked out a bagon and decided to look for another one only to run into a shiny drifloon! I caught it, thankfully, but this never happens to me. This is the third shiny I have ever caught, not counting gyrados. Pokemon X is looking up for me already : )

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Wow. Just by looking at these posts it seems as if the Shiny Chances have increased! Apparently if you tip people (like bards, waiters, etc) the maximum amount of money then your Shiny Chances will increase. I'd love it if this was confirmed but only seems like a rumor thus far.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Rediscovered my love/interest for growing berries, haha. I always enjoyed that in RSE.

Still somewhere between the 1st and 2nd badge. Atm on my way to look for a fossil. Looking for Tyrunt's one. =) I am quite enjoying this game overall. Figured out Amie with friends last night, did a bunch of random and GTS trades, and basically just trying to catch everything I see and use new stuff. Exp share is pretty good for that in this game. Pity I have not had too much spare time of late, I'd be playing a lot more if I did, haha.

Wow. Just by looking at these posts it seems as if the Shiny Chances have increased! Apparently if you tip people (like bards, waiters, etc) the maximum amount of money then your Shiny Chances will increase. I'd love it if this was confirmed but only seems like a rumor thus far.
Sounds iffy to me. =p How would anyone reliably test that? (Source?)

I found a shiny myself early on (Pikachu), but did not tip anyone before that. I think it's more just an effect of millions of people playing the game at once (worldwide release after all), and with social media now (forums breaking records too with visitors), you'll see people sharing such stories more often. Besides, every gen previous had people saying the shiny rate must have gone up. Never proved to be the case before. Doesn't mean it hasn't gone up, but I don't think we can say for sure.

Last edited: