• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Wow. Just by looking at these posts it seems as if the Shiny Chances have increased! Apparently if you tip people (like bards, waiters, etc) the maximum amount of money then your Shiny Chances will increase. I'd love it if this was confirmed but only seems like a rumor thus far.

Hmmmm I might take 10 photo's then and tip maximum ;p

Still no luck in finding shinies... I just started with the looker missions, is there a page about this yet?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Currently beat Korrina, roaming around Azure Bay, wondering what Sea Spirit's Den made of.

Team:

• Delphox Lv.46 ♀
  • Talonflame Lv.45 ♀
  • Blastoise Lv.45 ♀
  • Sylveon Lv.42 ♂
  • Shelgon Lv.40 ♀
  • Lucario Lv.36 ♂

• Vivillon Lv.42 ♀ - PC.

Working hard on my team. Already been 25 hours since the beginning of my adventure. Enjoying with the game a lot. After Azure Bay, planning on leveling all my team up to Lv.50 and challenge Ramos in order to obtain my 4th badge.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Beat the league in X :3

Final team:
Espeon lvl 75
Umbreon lvl 71
Jolteon lvl 73
Glaceon lvl 70
Flareon lvl 71
Vaporeon lvl 68

The new hall of fame animation looks amazing :3

BTW Champion almost sweep me with the last pokemon -_-

Tommyb2405

Battled Yveltal with Blaziken and Steelix. I used Ember first, crit hit it, then swiched to Steelix and used Iron Tail and that was a crit hit too. Was down to a slither of health and caught it with one great ball :p

Regalia

I don't know if this has been confirmed by Serebii yet (currently in work on lunch) but I have just witnessed a speed boost venipede during the Battle Maison.

JW1004

Wow. Just by looking at these posts it seems as if the Shiny Chances have increased! Apparently if you tip people (like bards, waiters, etc) the maximum amount of money then your Shiny Chances will increase. I'd love it if this was confirmed but only seems like a rumor thus far.

Gonna give some tips then lol. since I have not encountered any shiny yet

Threule

I don't know if this has been confirmed by Serebii yet (currently in work on lunch) but I have just witnessed a speed boost venipede during the Battle Maison.

I just email them everything i can confirm

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
So I've hit the big wall, since I don't want to start Y over again, I must make the one single Yveltal I get count, with it being a competitive one. I already got the battle ready to do, with a Master Ball, and after a while I got a Timid Ralts with Synchronize, the only thing left is to get 50 Rare Candies for obsessive IV checking, with Wonder Trade spam to cover getting the Rare Candies.

Regalia

You think Yveltal will be legal? He gets refused at the battle maison which might give reason to say certain pokes will not be allowed for championship purposes.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Legendary Pokemon can be used in Free Battles online, been swept by Mega Mewtwo X and Y, and a Xerneas, and seen Zygarde too. Not fun when your not using legends of your own.

Trading an Espurr I got back to someone else on Wonder Trade.

JW1004

Just caught a shiny Haunter, pretty awkward when I was already traning a Gengar in my team. I am planning to save it for my X walkthrough and just trade it when my team is around that lvl of my shiny Haunter.

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
I just came across a wild Zoroark (Seriously :O). And caught it in an ultra ball :)

Bus

Anyone know if the Shiny Appearance rate has changed? I've heard people say that they seem to be popping up more often

Stopped playing in route 8 yesterday and I woke up this morning and it was raining. I guess rain is random?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Just started the game a while ago.
Chose Chespin and did not nickname it. Before I battle Youngster Austin, I leveled it up to Lv 9.
Caught an Weedle, Scatterbug, and Fletchling in the Santalune Forest.
Exited with Chespin at Lv. 11, Lv. 8 Kakuna, Lv 10 Fletchling and Lv 8 Scatterbug.

Surprised more people haven't turned off exp share, doesn't it make the game a little too easy, especially if you're using the three starters provided aswell? Every gym leader I've fought have had Pokemon +1 or -1 level of my strongest Pokemon, gift Pokemon have all been bang on the same level aswell

Anyway loving the game and my current team:

Charmeleon - lv 33
Absol(Zhia) - lv 33
Steelix - lv 32
Lapras - lv 31
Exeggutor - lv 30
Carbink - lv 30

Badges - 3
Game time - 36 hours lol
Pokedex -103 pokemon caught out of 168 seen