• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Before entering the Fossil Lab, I went back to Route 8 and battled the one trainer there that I didn't battle before. Then I headed to the Lab. There, they told us a little about fossils and that one researcher had gone off to the Glittering Cave. Serena thought we should go there, and I agreed. But before going there, I went to the Aquarium in the town. Here, I got an Old Rod from a man, which is cool as it might be useful. I could also enter the lower part of Route 8 but I'll wait with it for now. Instead, I headed out to Route 9. I found out that you had to ride on a Rhyhorn in order to get anywhere here. Fortunately, there was one I could use, so I went on it and rode away. Along the way, I picked up some items and captured Hippopotas, Helioptile and Sandile. At the end of the Route, I met a dude who wanted to have a Sky Battle against me, but I couldn't do it as I didn't have any Flying-types with me.

I found the entrance to the Cave and entered it. It seemed to be a type of Labyrinth, so I used a classic trick to not get lost. I met and captured Machop, Lunatone, Rhyhorn and Cubone here. I reached some kind of larger room of the Cave and there, I captured a Dwebble and met a bunch of strange people saying they were from Team Flare. They apparently wanted only themselves to be happy, which I kinda disagree with. I battled them and won, and Serena teamed up with me against the last two. At the end of the cave, we met the researcher who gave us both a Fossil. We got to choose, and I picked the Sail Fossil since it sounded cool. We exited the cave and went back to the town where we met up with the researcher again, he resurrected an Amaura from my Sail Fossil. It is going to be the next member of my team. Next up, I guess I'll go to Cyllage City since Serena told me that there is a Gym there, feels like forever since I visited the first one in the game. But before I'll take the lower part of Route 8, I'm going to train my Amaura a bit on the upper part of the Route. Started already, also captured Absol, Inkay and Zangoose. Absol was the hardest Pokemon to catch in the game for me so far.

Team:
657.png
- level 26
667.png
- level 25
679.png
- level 25
698.png
- level 22

Copie

Nothing Special
Started the game this weekend, but due to Canadian Thanksgiving with family I haven't gotten to play much. I've finally returned home, and I'm ready to really dive in.

During the downtown of the big weekend I did manage to make it to Sycamore. I soft-resetted for a Timid Charmander, and I have successfully EV trained my Froakie, Charmander and Litleo. My goal is to make a team that can successfully take advantage of Mega Charizard's Drought ability, however, I'm not deep enough into the game to really have the selection that I'm hoping for.

Still, I'm having a blast. One badge in, and cruising down Route 5. The Genwunner in me is absolutely loving having a Charmander again. Nothing has made me happier in this game, and I can't wait to test out Mega-Zard competitively. First though, I really want to enjoy this game. I'm only EV Training Pokemon I think I'll use during my playthrough.

Bazza17

I just caught myself a Shiny Kirlia in Friend Safari! Totally would have cried if it had teleported away!

Leosnake

OK just got my first badge (dang I am making slow progress), accidentally koed a shiny Bidoof and Shun my Fletchling evolved into a Fletchinder.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Just found a Old Amber by rock smashing in the glittering cave, didnt take too long. Ready to have this Mega Aerodactyl.

And finished all the secret super training.

Aegon

I realised that I had skipped over Azure Bay, so I returned to it to battle the trainers and to catch some more Pokémon. I then departed south from Coumarine, and battled a Team Flare grunt on Route 13 to gain access to the Power Plant. I made my way to the admin and the scientist, restoring power to the northern half of Lumiose as a result. There, I partook in some triple battles and challenged Clemont at his Gym. I was slightly unprepared for the battle (as it started immediately after the forced encounter with him), but Gogoat managed to take down his Emolga, despite not being able to use Bulldoze. Lucario defeated both Magneton and Heliolisk, without Mega Evolving. I saved after Sycamore requested my presence at Lysandre Café.

Current Team
658.png
Omi ♂ Lv. 41
663.png
Rowena ♀ Lv. 44
668.png
Tywin ♂ Lv. 42
673.png
Alonso ♂ Lv. 42
680.png
Godric ♂ Lv. 41
448.png
Fenric ♂ Lv. 42

Lukechu

Being super kind and putting out bred starters over Wonder Trade. :) (Charmander and Bulbasaur for now).

Aurath8

Running around Lumiose City like a headless chicken. I have no time to play the game, so I haven't even gone on to Route 5 cos I just been messing around. Customisation, Trainer PR videos, Super Training, Pokemon-Amie. So many distractions!

Evie Snow

Is it just me or are a lot of people finding shinies now? Seriously, it's insane. If I type 'Pokemon X and Y shiny' into YouTube and look at just yesterday's videos, there's loads!

Vintrial

Whouffle.
There is a painting of Roark ( Sinnoh first gym leader ) in Luminouse museum, he has a Pachirisu, a Turtwig and a Cranidos with him.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Is it just me or are a lot of people finding shinies now? Seriously, it's insane. If I type 'Pokemon X and Y shiny' into YouTube and look at just yesterday's videos, there's loads!
I guess so, and of course knowing my luck, I have yet to encounter one. Typical...

TekTek

Hey guys be careful saving ANYWHERE in Lumoise City! There's a huge glitch that can trash your entire game file, digital or physical copy. GameFAQ's board has a giant thread on it with multiple counts of the glitch happening. ;;

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Caught Helioptile but realised I got to remove either Inkray or Helioptile for my preferred remaining three pokemon Slyveon the Ice fossil and the poison/dragon one I have someone to trade with once I get the rod for fishing. So either Inkray or Helioptile are to go very torn between them.

I currently have
Qualiden/Fletchling's first evo/Inkray and Helioptile (and the only one without a name). Anyone give any suggests if allowed please.

Ryuun12

1379449_10202369830155407_1345667405_n.jpg Just caught this little guy. And he has a Rash nature. Perfect. Well I think so at least. Wish it was a girl though... and that I didn't already have an Ivysaur that is way more leveled up than it. Yeah I believe the shiny rate is...better? I haven't found one in..3 years and all of a sudden...

EDIT: Aww... man. Why didn't the pic work?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Finally got to the point where I could challenge Grant and I was not prepared. I didn't think he would have such a strong team. I was underleveled too, so I had to do some grinding on the next route. The training eventually made my Espurr evolve and gain Psyshock, which ultimately won me the Cliff Badge on my third try.