• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Ryuun12

Yesterday my Fennekin evolved into Braixen. I also have a Squirtle now, he's at level 13 and not quite able to pull all of his weight... that should become better in time, I think. I'm not boxing him though.
Wish I could find some Noibat and Eevee closer to where I am right now... those two are the others I have planned for my team.

Yeah my Squirtle sucked when I got him. He learns Water Pulse 25-28 and he gets a lot better. But still had some trouble. Once he evolves and you Mega Evolve him though his stats go through the roof. He is worth it :) and not to mention he's great at taking hit. Special and Physical.

SoulSilver Eric

Finally came across the day care, so I decided to spend a couple of hours working on getting a shiny Honedge. During hatching the eggs, my Riolu evolved after it leveled up, which I think is because I maxed it friendship by walking with it so much since it was in the front of my party. Anyway, after 60+ eggs, I'm taking a break and I decided to trade all of my hatch Honedge's on Wonder Trade, and I got some really good pokes. Going to aim for my second Gym Badge with my team of:

Frogadier (GamaFroak): Lv 21
Charmeleon (Ruby): Lv 19
Combusken: Lv 21
LitLeo (Nala): Lv 21
Fletchinder (Robin): Lv 21
Lucario: Lv 23

I'm going to have a hard time deciding which fire type/s to keep once I get going in the game.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
I just got my haircut? Yeah, i'm not that far 1 badge lol.

Verasi

When I first started playing, I was too busy checking out the features (Pokemon-Amie and Wonder Trade). After losing badly at my first link battle yesterday, I have been grinding for EXP like crazy while steadily progressing from town to town. And just earlier today, I got my fourth badge and I managed to evolve a few of my pokemon during my EXP grinding.

RieselJ315

I caught a shiny Tentacool and now I'm working towards the 7th gym leader, nearing 20 hours played.

Kentheten

Ace Trainer
beat the main story in 27 hours(got the game at midnight release). I chose Froakie as my starter. I wanted to play through the game with just Kalos pokemon, but there were so few that I found/liked. My team at the pokemon league was:

Greninja lvl69
Waterfall
Surf
Ice beam
Night Slash

Talonflame lvl70
Flame Charge
Acrobatics
Fly
Steel Wing

Tyratrum lvl70
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Tomb (wanted rock slide, but strength was here and when I could relearn the move, I didn't have a heart scale)

Florges lvl 69 late edition to the team, I caught her early but boxed her. brought her back and let her level up with the exp share, became a huge powerhouse
Petal blizzard (sp?)
magical leaf
moonblast
wish

went into the game only knowing about the pokemon, not the gyms or anything. For my Y playthrough, my team will be a little more thought out.

Lumiuose gym gave me trouble. Won by a lucky crit.
I tried playing the game without the exp share, but once I started training flabebe with it, it helped my team a lot and I decided to keep it. lucky egg also helps a lot.
I wish the elite four was more of a challenge as well, kind of lackluster imo.

Y playthough team will probably have something like blastoise, Delphox, Aegislash, eeveelution, Lucario and a random slot

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to the next city, got the bike, got the steelix, and battled all of the trainers in the gym. Fillmore also evolved into meostic. Current team:
Fluff Tail the bracion lv 25
Pekoe the pancham lv 22
Lassen the amuroa lv 21
Wartortle lv 25
Fillmore the meostic lv 25

JD

Just beat Clemont in both versions.
Y
Chesnaught 40
Blastoise 36
Heliolisk 37
Alakazam 37
Combusken 32
Vivillon 31
16:40

X
Greninja 37
Gogoat 36
Pyroar 35
Tyrunt 36
Sylveon 36
17: 35

I'm also trying for Shiny Honedge ^^
I'm in post-game though..

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
My game finally arrived!

Picked Froakie, caught Fletching and I'm on my way to the first badge.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
Just beat Grant. His Gym is prety cool. Now I'm on my way to Korrina.

TEAM:
Ronin the Frogaier(M) -Lv. 32
Firestar the Fletchinder(F) -Lv. 32
Irydesa the Floette(F) -Lv. 32
Ajax the Helioptile(M) -Lv. 25
Emperor the Tyrunt(M) -Lv. 25

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
At the Frost cave now, team consisting of Delphox, Furfrou, Tyrantrum, Helioptile, Hawlucha, and Venusaur. Although earlier in the game I ran across someone wanting to see a Genesect... wonder if we get its discs from him...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Playing Pokemon Y, using only Kalosian pokemon, while also capturing pokemon that Mega Evolve, are just rare (such as F-Combee).

Got my game on October 11th. Tried to get a female Froakie with a decent nature, but failed miserably, and actually finally picked up a male Froakie named Jett on October 12th - Timid Nature, at least I got that right...

Went through the works, Beat Shauna without any difficulty of course. First wild encounter was a Pidgey.. First capture was a Bunnelby, named Diggsby. Since then I captured a Fletchling named Fiaro (German name), a Scatterbug named Papilla, and a male Litleo named Fyroar. Criticize me on the names all you want. Before the gym challenge, Papilla evolved all the way to Vivillon, and most of my team was level 16, while Jett was level 15 - trying to make that gym win special with an extra evolution tagged on at the end.

Trystan vs. Viola:
- Fiaro beat Surskit, leveled up.
- Jett beat Vivillon, leveled up.
- Trystan got the Bug Badge (who do we criticize on names now??? :p)
- Trystan got a nifty TM with a Bug-type Fire Spin. Awesome-sauce..
- Jett is evolving! You're Froakie evolved into a Frogadier! - Sweet!
- Fiaro is evolving! You're Fletchling evolved into a Fletchinder! - WHAAAT?!!? :O

Since then, I've captured a Mild Steadfast Riolu (good enough, but boxed), a Female Naughty Combee (first wild Combee, epic female encounter, but boxed), a Quirky Synchronize F-Ralts (good enough, yet boxed) and a Modest Flabébé, nicknamed Flowing, who's currently on team.

Since then, I had captured a second Bunnelby to try out Wonder Trade. I received a Bunnelby! Tried it again, got a Japanese Pansage. Worthless to me.. So anyway.. Since I was grinding, I also caught a second Riolu as trade fodder, and it ended up being traded for a male Adamant Chespin, nicknamed Chip. BOOYAH!

That's where I'm at, and my recent happenings. Haven't entered Lumiose yet, really looking forward to it, but I want my team to be raised up to level 20 before doing so. Meaning that I'm grinding that Flower Fairy, because I caught it at level 6-8 or something, and will start to train that Chespin shortly after. Current training roster:

- Jett the Frogadier (l19)
- Diggsby the Bunnelby (l19)
- Fiaro the Fletchinder (l19)
- Papilla the Vivillon (l18)
- Fyroar the Litleo (l19)
- Flowing the Flabébé (l13)
- Chip the Chespin (l1)

Neidhardt

Currently Exploring post game content I'm having a lot of fun (proably more than I should be XD) with the Detective side missions. I hope they expand on the chamber of emptiness >_>

SoulSilver Eric

Loving the Battle Chateau (I think thats what its called), using the Amulet coin, I'm getting so much cash that I use towards pokeballs and cloths.

Threule

Currently Exploring post game content I'm having a lot of fun (proably more than I should be XD) with the Detective side missions. I hope they expand on the chamber of emptiness >_>

This. Best Post-game quests ever

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Guided to Lumiose City and battle Sycarmore. Received Squirtle with Blastoisinite.
Traveled around Lumiose and entered the salon to get a short haircut.
After meeting Lysandre and witnessing the cutscene of Lusandre discussing beauty and eternal youth to Diantha, I entered Route 5
Fought my first horde of Scraggy's with Combee, which leveled up from Lv 17 to 18.
Received Honey from Trevor and fought Horde of Gulpin. Entered Camphier Town and visited the Castle. Followed the Karate man and found the Snorlax blocking the Bridge on Route 7.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Beat the E4 and am now trying to figure out the pokeradar

Henraye

Toon Leader
Got a bunch of new pokes from GTS by trading Bulbasaur and Froakie eggs. Planning on making more eggs and trade them off in wonder trade lol