• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Evie Snow

Hrm. This shiny theory is intriguing... I might have to start tipping more and seeing what I can find. I was given an American (I'm English) Litleo the other day though, might start Masuda Methoding for a shiny and see if it takes any length of time. I'll honestly be quite sad if shinies are a buttload easily to get now, I enjoyed their rarity, but at the same time I felt like they were almost *too* insane to find before. I wonder what the chances are though and how long it'll take people to figure the numbers out exactly.

So I normally have problems nicknaming my Pokémon and finding names that suit perfectly, but, thanks to the name rater being really early in this game, I have it all sorted now. Here's my team:

Trixie (Delphox) Lvl. 41
Chao (Pangoro) Lvl. 40
Quincy (Meowstic) Lvl. 40
Raine (Aurorus) Lvl. 40
Nymphia (Sylveon) Lvl. 40
Mavis (Noibat) Lvl. 40

I really find Mavis struggles to keep up sometimes. Her stats seem quite weak, though I put that down to her still needing to evolve. I'm sure once she's a full grown Noivern, she'll be a beast!

Tommyb2405

Ninetales in one of my Friends Safari's :p awesome :D also found a Quilladin in there too.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Decided to test the whole tipping=more shinies theory, and after only 4 horde encounters came across a shiny trevenant! If this is true and you combine it with hordes it should be much much easier to get shinies in this generation.

I've tipped all game(as i'm certain most every person playing has too), and not one shiny has appeared and i'm well into the post-game as it is. IMO based on the fact that most everyone will have tipped everybody(and clearly, not everyone has shinies) it has nothing to do with tipping people... heck i even took 10 pictures yesterday in different locale and tipped 1k pokedollars each time, then did like 100 hoarde encounters afterwards and no shinies appeared, and i've been doing loads of hoarde encounters since my Venusaur learned sweet scent, and nothing.

I'm not daft enough to say that there isn't an increase... or a way to trigger an increase, but i'm also not gonna jump on a theory that in all honesty disproves itself

As yet there is no proof, nor a way to prove the rate has been increased, so it can be put down to several things... one being the worldwide release.. which means everyone has the games at the same time, so of course lots more shinies will appear due to the sheer numbers playing at the same time... another could be more people these days purchase more than one game/3DS... heck, one yt'er bought three 3DS XL just to shiny hunt... thats nigh on $650 to hunt for shinies.

I really hope there has been an increase in the rate that shinies appear, or at least a way to trigger a really good rate increase... That said though, its likely gonna be months before we know if there has been an increase, sadly.

I was given an American (I'm English) Litleo the other day though, might start Masuda Methoding for a shiny and see if it takes any length of time.

Also, on your note of you receiving an American Litleo... that won't work for the Masuda Method. It has to be of a foreign language, not from a different country...

Last edited:

Evie Snow

Also, on your note of you receiving an American Litleo... that won't work for the Masuda Method. It has to be of a foreign language, not from a different country...

I'm not saying you're wrong since outside of a Japanese Ditto I borrowed from a friend I've never MM'd anything, but...

"The Masuda method involves breeding two Pokémon created in games of different countries. An Egg resulting from such a pairing will have a higher likelihood of being Shiny. The most common way to arrange such a pairing is to use one foreign Pokémon and one from the game in which the breeding occurs, although the method will work in any game provided at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge." - Bulbapedia

Also, I know this is the 'recent happenings' thread and not the 'questions' thread but I thought someone here might be able to answer this for me since you all seem like good explorers in this game, it bugs me when people don't talk to everyone they see/go in every house/etc, so how do I find Old Amber? A friend told me to make sure I Rock Smash all the rocks in the Glittering Cave for it but I found nothing. Is it a rare chance or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Cmack102

Got a hold of a beautiful Careful Mawile and with it's new typing and Mega-Evolution, it's incredibly powerful, hits hard, tanks hits, what more could you ask for?

SoeoS

Hi, new to the thread beause of days of exploring every single part of the game (and avoiding everything pokemon on the internet because I didn't want to get spoiled)
I got Y, cleared the game as well as catching all three available legendaries and completing the looker storyline.
I guess it's mega stone hunt for me now!
Current team:

Delphox
Gengar (mega) - wow I already loved gengar but mega gengar seems unstoppable!
Aurorus
Talonflame
Swanna

and Golduck as current HM slave because it can learn waterfall as well as strentgh. I am not training it though, I might find one I like better.

I don't think this is the end by the way, I'm still hoping for an event/dlc that lets you pass to other regions. I haven't played the last two generations so I don't know if this is a common thing, but I feel like NPC's are dropping hints that might be possible.

aerial_ace

so i beat psychic gym leader. they should really give them more than 3 pokemon, its far too easy to defeat them, usually all my pokemon are like8-10 lvs higher than gym leader pokemon :0
i defeated team flare. must say Mega Gyardos looks amazing !! it was an epic battle between Lysandre's mega and my newly caught Yveltal. Oblivion wing is so good :D i was down to red hp 2 times but managed to win thanks to recovery from oblivion wing :)
explored terminus cave and finally found dusk stone ! evolved doublade soon after, his evo is alright, i hoped for smth better, however the animation when it goes into blade form is so cool :D
also found noibat in my first drop off :) although not planning to train it im saving it for my mono flying playthrough which will probably happened after i finish my next playthrough(in my first playthrough i always use new pokemon, in my second i will use the mixture because i want to use some megas, 3rd playthrough will be the last one with my fav type only)

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Just beat the game so I can come out of hiding (didn't want to see any spoilers). It was probably the "easiest" of all Pokémon games so far, thanks to the EXP Share. I was severely overlevelled all the way through, and even steamrolled the Elite Four + Champion on my first try.

-Ziza (Zigzagoon, level 78
-Catlin (Meowstic ♀, level 78)
-Aluna (Absol, level 77)
-Arkaz (Alakazam, level 76)
-Nimbus (Pidgeot, level 75)
-Blastoise (level 75)

I was severely disappointed with Fennekin's final evolution, so I didn't include her in the party once she she went from Braixen into Delphox. But I'll breed a new Fennekin and use that. :D
All in all, it was an enjoyable game from begin to end, certainly one of the better Pokémon main games. Loved most of the music (the bike theme is too good!) Liked the NPC friends that come with you. Well, the way they handled Serena was bad in the first half of the game, but luckily that changed closer to the end of the game. Team Flare's gotta be the worst evil team in a Pokémon game yet, but at least they gave me an awesome legendary that I might train some day. Never used Mega Evolution outside that one battle that gives you the Lucario, but maybe I will later...
Now it's time for some post-game stuff. Breeding Pokémon, training a real team, exploring the rest of the world, trying to complete the PokéDex and stuff.

Last edited:

sheld999

did looker quest then explored looked at mew painting then hatched chespin and just training.. caught pancham with dive ball and got old rod good rod super rod

i just finished the looker chaptors and i am very happy with the game. now just going after the remaining pokemon and ev training.

And yes the shinys are about, Shiny Noctowl to my name, first shiny iv encountered since gold. (dont count the shinys given to us)

DarkerShining

Pokémon X: Beat Team Flare at the Power Plant and managed to restore the power to Luminose City. Explored some areas I hadn't been able to explore earlier, getting lost a few times, before challenging the gym. During my first attempt, I lost to the Gym Leader, but my Braixen did evolve into Delphox in the process. On the second try, the Delphox managed to take out his team almost entirely by herself, but she was ultimately beaten before she could finish off the last Pokémon, but my Floette was able to step in and finish the battle and get the fifth badge for us.

Moved on to Laverre Town, and bought some new clothes and stuff. Also went back to Parfum Palace and found the Amulet Coin. Right now, I'm currently challenging the sixth gym (wow, the recently discovered type already has a gym, while the dark type still doesn't have one :p), and my Wartortle just evolved into Blastoise.

I just managed to get a Sylveon. That took quite some time in Pokemon Amie.
Now I'll wait till I can transfer my shiny eevee from gen 5 so I can get a shiny Sylveon~

Panguru

Crazy shenanigans just happened. I'm in the post-game and was just revisiting victory road to catch some pokemon i missed when out of nowhere a wild pokemon swoops down from the sky! (Like the woobats/ariados in caves) a special intro animation with feathers plays and im greeted by a wild lvl. 59 Hydreigon! I just caught it and am really awestruck right now. Ive played for 30+ hours thus far and never had anything like that happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Crazy shenanigans just happened. I'm in the post-game and was just revisiting victory road to catch some pokemon i missed when out of nowhere a wild pokemon swoops down from the sky! (Like the woobats/ariados in caves) a special intro animation with feathers plays and im greeted by a wild lvl. 59 Hydreigon! I just caught it and am really awestruck right now. Ive played for 30+ hours thus far and never had anything like that happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thats awesome, and its good to know Hydreigon is in the game too :) .

No, havent nothing that epic come up yet. still pretty stoked about the shiny noctowl , cant wait to see what the game next throws at us.

Mario C

That is pretty sweet. I'm still a few badges away from post-game. Hope to be there by this weekend.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I made it to the Pokemon League. I'm just gonna train some other Pokemon that I really want to use. Can't wait!

Drummerdude

I returned to Coumarine City and took on the gym. Turns out only Talonflame is good against Grass types, but I still had an easy enough time. Tyrunt also got a chance to shine thanks to its Dragon typing. It took out the leader's Jumpluff, Malamar beat Weepinbell, and Talonflame took down Gogoat. Tyrunt evolved right after the battle! I left the gym and explored the ridiculously frustrating Badlands and did the Power Plant stuff with Team Flare. Then I returned to Lumiose City and took on the gym and geez there were a lot of trainers. Clauncher evolved after the trainer with Pachirisu thus making my team fully evolved. I rode my way to the top and swept Clemont with Tyrantrum and Chesnaught. Then I met the gang on Route 14 and caught a Goomy because it's apparently mandatory to do so. I took a break after returning to Lumiose to heal.

Chesnaught Lv42
Talonflame Lv41
Malamar Lv41
TyrantrumLv41
Sylveon Lv41
Clawitzer Lv38

I wish that I had left the Exp Share off, but oh well. Gonna do the rest of the game without it on.

Taylor516

Still no shinies, I've been playing for 12 years and have yet to find a shiny! I started breeding yesterday so hopefully that will result in my first shiny. I finally caved in and quite taking the game slow and beat the Pokemon League yesterday. I'm only lacking Umbreon and Espeon to complete my collection of all of the eeveelutions :)

outoftheordinary

Dreaming of Greece
Just finished the game. Christ, that was a gorgeous way to end it. Seriously, that was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed...tears of joy! I'm so happy right now!

- Pikachu lv. 71
- Tyrantrum lv. 63
- Pangoro lv. 71
- Aegislash lv. 72
- Talonflame lv. 71
- Greninja lv. 71

Last edited: