• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Vaene

So now I'm trying to get pokemon from the friend safari but I need friend codes!! :( so here is my friend code! Don't forget to PM me with your FC and i'll add you straight away :)

FC: 1779-0202-1370

Goten21

Ive been looking all over for a rainy area to evolve my Sligoo, can anybody tell me a way to find where its raining or make it rain?

Try the beach cities at night

I'm done...
All 8 badges, Team Flare dealt with, and the Elite 4 and champion defeated.
And now brief thoughts...
By far the easiest game in the series, but also the lengthiest. EXP Share makes grinding obsolete, which I liked. The gyms weren't much of a fight the story was good but by no means great, sure Lysandere had a pretty sick in the head plan but Team Flare for the first half of the game came out as jokes then suddenly becomes murders...

How did they come off as a joke though?
Stealing all the pokeballs from a factory isn't a joke
Taking over a whole cave just for some stones isn't really a joke either
They just did that weird movements and have they didn't even have the worst look *ahem team galactic ahem*
You shouldn't have judged the book by it's cover, this is a pretty good life lesson tbh

Last edited:

Lucille

I caught a Shiny Trevenant last night! He looks so awesome

Drummerdude

After exploring Dendemille City for a bit I headed to Route 16 and captured a few Pokemon as well as defeated all the trainers and returned to Lumiose City. I flew back to Dendemille and headed north to the Frost Cavern I caught most of the Pokemon, apart from Jynx because I couldn't find one. I thought Bergmite was adorable and seriously considered swapping out Clawitzer for it but decided against it. I found Team Flare harassing an Abomasnow so I defeated them got a nifty Abomasnowite from the Pokemon. I headed to Route 17 and rode on the Mamoswine and caught a few more Pokemon before arriving in Alistar City.

652.png
Lv52
663.png
Lv51
687.png
Lv51
697.png
Lv52
700.png
Lv51
693.png
Lv51

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Beat the Champ 2 days ago, checking out Kiloude City.
Aiming to get the Pangoro Hat and get the Mega Stone search ability today.
Goofed off and found some sweet stuff.
Caught Mewtwo with 1 Ultra Ball, yet Ditto took 15 -.-
Considering restarting because I sped through the game.

King91

I'm all fired up!
Caught Mewtwo (Traded it for an Yveltal via GTS, as I have a few).
Caught Zygarde.
Finished the Looker post game quests.
Collected all the mega stones available in X.
At a loss what to do now, I'm just repeating Elite 4 run throughs to evolve pokemon.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Even though I have finished the game after five days I've downloaded from eShop, still it makes me think I'm speeded the game a lot due to the EXP.Share's new system. When I challenged Diantha for the first time, I had my team around Lv.85, with the lowest level I had was my Noivern with Lv. 78. On Saturday, my physical copy of X arriving and I'm planning on restarting my adventure as the storyline was perfect and I want to do it once more. Also, I'd like my team to be in the physical copy instead of the digital one.

So far:

• Caught Mewtwo and Zygarde.
  • In Kiloude City, I've participated in Friend Safari and caught Ninetales, Rapidash, Quilladin, Pyroar, Fraxure and so many other pokémon.
  • I'm a bit unsatisfied about how they removed the 7 streak challenge in Battle Maison.
  • Requested for Writ Invitation and Challenge. Battle Cheateu is amazing, I must say.
  • Did my first link battle with my friend in PSS. Managed to win.

Currently, awaiting the time to be 8PM. So, I can find the rare mega stones.

Regalia

So Greninja has tried to learn Water Shuriken at lv75. This is odd considering it tried to learn Water Shuriken at lv36 after evolution lol.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
So Greninja has tried to learn Water Shuriken at lv75. This is odd considering it tried to learn Water Shuriken at lv36 after evolution lol.

Just like Delphox with his Magic Fire.

Going to do Friend's Safari again, got 12 new friends. Got a lot of nice pokémon. Will make a list soon

Last edited:

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Part 4: The Adventure Picks Up Pace, The Adventures of Dizzy

Well when I last posted I have just gotten my third badge. Well I been a busy bee and a decent mount has happened since then lol.

After gaining my 3rd badge and hot of the adrenaline that got me I rushed my way to Courmaline City and faced the grass leader.
Well picking Fennikin as my starter definately gave me a huge advantage as I swept every member of his team with Delphox.
Poor grass types cant stand up to Flamethrowers very well. LOL
So getting the 4th badge and using the newly aquired TM to teach Delphox Grass Knot I headed on my way.

But what was this?? Team FAB-U-LOUS was in the way again in the power plant?! ... well we cant be having that now can we and Amaura agreed.
So up against the red coats we went and just to get his point across Littlefoot went an evolved into Arourus and kicked Team Flares booty.
So with the power restored to Lumiose City, I made haste and went my way there.

Entering the Eiffel Tower ... wait it wasn't called that was it? Ah What ever :p
I made my way to the Gym leader, who I was surprised looked younger than bugsy did in Gold and Silver xD
Now this gym battle would of been easy if I didnt make a big mistake. Up against his Heliolisk for some reason I thought it was half ground and used Water Pulse against it. Dry Skin! Dammit! xD
But after that mistake I just powered away his Heliolisk. Used fighting moves against his Magneton and Ancient Power on his Emolga.
So another easy Gym badge. It was also during this that Goomy evolved into Sligoo!

So badge 5 obtained, but I was hungry! I wanted more!! So I made haste yet again and made my way to Laverre City and faced the Fairy Gym. But I had my secret weapon,Venoshock on Clawtizer and that made short work of her, Goomy also levelled up to 49.

So I went weather hunting! I soon found a route where it was like England .. yep .. RAINING!
So using the lucky egg that I was given by an NPC in the game I levelled up Sligoo to 50 and gained my new Goodra!

Now on my way to the Pokeball Factory to go beat up some more Team FAB-U-LOUS

TEAM

Ylvis - Level 47 - Delphox - Male
~ Grass Knot
~ Flame Charge
~ Flame Thrower
~ Psyshock

Dandi - Level 47 - Florges - Female
~ Tackle
~ Petal Blizzard
~ Dazzling Gleam
~ Wish

Lucha - Level 50 - Hawlucha - Male
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Strength
~ Roost
~ Fly

Goomy - Level 50 - Goodra - Male
~ Muddy Water
~ Thunderbolt
~ Poison Tail
~ Dragon Pulse

Littlefoot - Level 46 - Arourus - Male
~ Rock Smash
~ Take Down
~ Ancient Power
~ Aurora Beam

Clawtizer - Level 50 - Clawtizer - Male
~ Surf
~ Water Pulse
~ Cut - To Be Deleted
~ Venoshock

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I trained my Vivillon in Special attack and a little bit in Speed though Super Training. Now it has all EVs. I also unlocked new levels in Supertraining.

Now I got the 5th badge (answered questions wrong on purpose so I could battle more).

I visited the spooky house (probably sounds more interesting that it is, it's just a small house). Caught some Pokémon in the swamp (at least that's what it looks like). I then went to the city with the fairy type gym. That city looks very nice. Getting that badge is the next thing I'll do.

SageIkoma

Hello hello! Sorry if I sound a little strange at the moment, this is my first time on the Serebii forums... But anyhow, I've been hearing a strange rumor that if you were to leave high tips at the Cafés and other places where you can leave a tip, the chances of encountering a shiny Pokémon increases. Is this true? I'd honestly like to know if there's a purpose out of tipping aside from being courteous to NPCs... ^^;

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Just earned the Duke rank in battle chateau. Anyone know how many ranks are after Duke?

Cheeseonaplate

I'm just starting on my Y version, but I have to say that the graphics have improved greatly(if its not been said enough already). Also, after tons of Ev training, its nice to be playing the game again.

Bluemage21

Hello hello! Sorry if I sound a little strange at the moment, this is my first time on the Serebii forums... But anyhow, I've been hearing a strange rumor that if you were to leave high tips at the Cafés and other places where you can leave a tip, the chances of encountering a shiny Pokémon increases. Is this true? I'd honestly like to know if there's a purpose out of tipping aside from being courteous to NPCs... ^^;

It is just a rumor, no one has any ideas what the tips do.

Tommyb2405

is there any other way of knowing what your Friend Safari is without asking anyone? and i suppose the Dragon Type in there is very rare. does anyone have a friend with the dragon Friend Safari?

SageIkoma

Oh, really? Well, even though it sounds mundane to some, I still think it holds some sort of merit. Somewhat like Pokemon-Amie, but to a smaller extent aside from battling. I really hope we can get some coverage on tipping soon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I wasn't able to play very much yesterday, unfortunately, but tonight is free so I'll be hitting it again pretty hard. My first objective after getting the Cyllage City Gym Badge is to run back to Route 6 and pick up that Honedge that I missed.

Currently, my team consists of a slightly-overleveled Frogadier (Lv29), Charmeleon (Lv26), Kirlia (Lv23), and a Tyrunt (Lv22) who I just taught Rock Tomb to (which, as I recently found out, has actually been made a fairly usable in-game move now).

Last edited:

tipton87

Eevee Master
Beat Elite 4 My Super Awesome Sylveon destroyed 3/4 and the champ preatty easy.
Added probably 20 friends and cleared my Safari zone last night. Got to 208 caught. Came across a Shiny Swadloon in one safari zone! 2 times in less than a week I have came across a shiny, without doing anthing to make it easier. Previous gens, I never had a any luck.

Tommyb2405

Found a ditto in a Friend's Safari with it's Special Ability :p