• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Went to the Tower of Mastery where I met the Gym Leader, the Mega Evolution guru as well as my four friends. We talked a lot and it was decided that one of us should get a Ring item which had something to do with Mega Evolution. Trevor, Tierno and Shauna didn't consider themselves strong enough to get it, so it was between Serena and me. The way to settle it was easy - a battle. Finally, I got to battle her. I won against her, but she wasn't bad. But it felt a bit heartbreaking, having to defeat one of my friends when she felt so confident in winning, not to mention she really wanted to beat me. But perhaps this can make her get stronger as well. However, beating her wasn't enough, the guru thought I should beat the Gym Leader as well in order to get the thing. So that's what I'll do next, and I had planned to do it anyway. I went to the Gym and beat the normal trainers there. I also continued with the Pokemon Amie, I got half of my team to five Affection hearts, will do the others next, then I'll challenge the Gym Leader.

Team:
658.png
- level 38
668.png
- level 38
680.png
- level 38
698.png
- level 38
700.png
- level 38
701.png
- level 38

Calither

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but I just fought my rival and I swear her starter had its hidden ability because out of nowhere my Delphox's psychic attack didn't affect it. Can anyone confirm if this is random or do all rival starters get their hidden ability?

Vexsomn

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but I just fought my rival and I swear her starter had its hidden ability because out of nowhere my Delphox's psychic attack didn't affect it. Can anyone confirm if this is random or do all rival starters get their hidden ability?
Greninja is dark type, psychic attacks dont affect dark types

Regality

Digital King
I just caught the third member of my team, welcome Sandslash!
That makes Ninjask, Chesnaught and Sandslash my team now. (As you can probably tell I use Pokemon that I like, not based on stats)

It is painful since my Ninjask and Chesnaught are both at 74, but Sandslash at 40.. GRINDING TIME.

Am still on 7 badges.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished the poke ball factory and now I'm at route 15 and caught mostly everything except pawniard, murkrow, and the things you need surf and the rods for.

Grey Wind

Unlocked the rest of Lumiose today and jesus christ it's HUGE. I spent ages wandering through all the shops and battling the trainers in the alleyways (where Charmeleon, Pancham and Honedge evolved). I also visited Alexa and worked in the hotel which apparently raised my style enough for me to be let into that boutique. Clothes are hella over priced.

I then headed to the tower to battle Clemont, taking Pangoro, Charizard and Doublade. Underestimated him on my first try and lost, but I managed to defeat him easily enough on my second. Pangoro took out Magneton and Charizard wiped out the other two (go go Mega Evolution). Doublade seemingly has awful Special Defence because it died straight away. After getting my badge I healed, and headed out to Route 14.

658.png
006-my.png
675.png
680.png
690.png
695.png

Aurath8

I decided to completely super train Tyrunt in speed. It's almost as fast as Fletchinder now! I got a lot of training bags for the others in the process too.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
as of last night I beat the league and caught in order, mewtwo, zygarde, and zapdos now I am just training for wifi battles.

edu1987

I just beat the Elite Four and Diantha and I must say that this was the easiest Pokemon Game I've ever played (only one mon fainted against the champion). Only one thing I really didn't like in the game, which is the new exp share... i think it would be better if it was given to you after you defeat the E4 + champ or it should have stayed the way it was in the previous gen. I didn't EV trained any of my pokemon but I must say that Greninja is a BEAST, its stats rock and I also loved its design. Now its time to EV train that Lucario and run around Kalos again to complete (or almost complete) the Dex.

Team that defeated Diantha:

Gardevoir lv. 72 (the fairy-type i decided to raise for the run)
Aurorus lv. 73 (what an awesome pokemon!!!! great HP and s.atk)
Talonflame lv. 72 (ROFL for its huge spd)
Charizard lv. 73 (Mega X, my Dragon for the run)
Greninja lv. 74 (in terms of stats, the best water-type starter in my opinion)
Pansage lv. 69 (HM slave and used for catching the wild pokemon in the map)

PoryGone222

Decided I was going to breed for a Jolly Speed Boost female Torchic on my Y version, wound up getting a shiny male Jolly Torchic with Blaze in the process. First shiny of Gen 6!

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
So hyped right now, just hatched a shiny Noibat! First shiny that isnt a gift and ive been playing since gen1

Ot7fwqjl.jpg

iTarTar

Super training a Rash Gengar in special attack and speed - Gengarite is gonna make him kick butt... unless you know... Mega Alazkazam.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I got my game on monday, nearing the second badge. I decided to catch all the pokemon in each area, i have been successful for all but pikachu, I just couldn't find that damn electric rat.

⊙ᴗ⊙
I just had the most anti climactic battle with Yveltal in history.

It was caught with only one ultra ball after being poisoned by my Dragalge on the first turn. :I

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I beat the Elite 4 today and started adding people for the Friend Safari and a couple of minutes ago, I caught a Shiny Octillery there. Only my second random Shiny ever(first was in White 2, which was a Noctowl.)

Neriifur

3 days in for Shiny Breeding. I've hatched 462 Fennekins so far. I decided to check out my modest ones and I found a Modest fennekin with a flawless SP ATTACK IV, so I got him a band from the battle mansion so he'll transfer that down to every single Fennekin that hatches. Maybe that'll help build a chance that when I do get a shiny it won't be overly horrible xD

Kalosian

So long
I played in the Pokemon Amie with my three remaining team members until they all had five hearts as well, then I went to the Gym with my newly acquired power of friendship. I battled Korrina and defeated her, I found it strange that she didn't use a Lucario in the battle. But maybe I got the answer afterwards. For beating her, I got the Rumble Badge and a TM for a new Fighting-move. After the battle, she told me that she wanted to battle me again. She said she would be waiting on top of the Tower of Mastery, and I had to beat her again if I wanted to get the Mega Ring. Then she went there. And now I have to go back there in order to get that ring. So much effort for just one little item, maybe it would have been better if I had let Serena get it instead of me. When I was in the tower before, I couldn't go up the stairs because I wasn't approved, let's hope I am now then. I exited the Gym and went out to Route 12 a little since there was one more thing I wanted to do today. I captured Exeggcute, Pinsir and Chatot. Also defeated some wild Pokemon. And this was enough to level up my Amaura to level 39, which made it evolve into Aurorus. This also means that the only member of my team that isn't fully evolved yet is Doublade, though it will likely be a while before it evolves. Tomorrow, I'll head back to the Tower of Mastery and see if I can complete this ring quest.

Team:
658.png
- level 39
668.png
- level 39
680.png
- level 39
699.png
- level 39
700.png
- level 39
701.png
- level 39

Regality

Digital King
I just had the most anti climactic battle with Yveltal in history.

It was caught with only one ultra ball after being poisoned by my Dragalge on the first turn. :I

Yeah, I caught it with one premier ball with it at 1HP.. perhaps it is rigged?

Anyway, am currently just super training my newly caught sandslash in Attack and speed.