• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

725roy

ambivolent
So I traded away a Clauncher for a Tyrunt. and when I got the Tyrunt in question... it had pokerus. Wonderful.

Meowstic

Pokemon Fan
Speaking of the scatterbug line: just evolved my vivillon to 50 and it knows quiver dance and hurricane. I was so shocked.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Wow I can't believe how many people are having a hard time finding pikachu. I started playing and found like 10 of them. I had a harder time finding a scatterbug. There goes my weird luck again I guess. I have yet to find my first shiny though, congrats to everyone so far! I think this is easily one of my favorite games it took a good amount of time just to get to my second badge but the whole journey has been amazing so far.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I visited the Battle Chateau today and battled some trainers to get my rank up. I then went to one of the restaurants in Lumiose and battled some trainers there too. After that, I went to the Lumiose Gym. I answered the first question correctly right away, but then I couldn't battle the trainers guarding the elevators for the wrong answers...so on the other questions, I answered them wrong first so that I could fight all the trainers. I then battled Clemont. Raichu took out his Emolga and Gogoat defeated the other two, and I got badge #5.

Jirachi-999

Shiny Hunter
Just bought Y after completing X, waiting for the guidebook to come out before I really get into it.

Right now I'm Super Training my Pangoro, and I just found out that Quagsire stays super energetic when it's raining on the top screen, and will find bags for you quicker. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if it works for all water Pokemon. Anyone know?

EDIT: so his energy didn't last as long as the rain did, but it was significantly longer than anything else I've ever seen. Pretty sure it wasn't a coincidence.

EDIT 2: Never mind, immediately after my Delphox did the same thing.

Last edited:

-JPT-

Facepalm x3
So yeah, I was in Terminus Cave and I smashed a rock and I met a shiny Graveler. I used a Quick Ball and prayed that it wouldn't pop out and use Selfdestruct. The Quick Ball worked and I was happy. Less than 24 hours later, while I was looking for a Bagon, a shiny Drifloon showed up. Nothing like that has ever happened to me so I was rather surprised.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So yeah, I was in Terminus Cave and I smashed a rock and I met a shiny Graveler. I used a Quick Ball and prayed that it wouldn't pop out and use Selfdestruct. The Quick Ball worked and I was happy. Less than 24 hours later, while I was looking for a Bagon, a shiny Drifloon showed up. Nothing like that has ever happened to me so I was rather surprised.

That's like what happened to me in black. I found and caught a shiny ferroseed and then found and caught a shiny boldore a day later, anyways I finished frozen cavern, caught everything except cubchoo and smoochum, and am now on route 17. Just need to catch a delibird and an abomosnow.

Last edited:

iTarTar

Caught Mewtwo with 31 IVs in both defenses and speed! and I'm just here waiting for my shiny >.>

Profesco

gone gently
So I'm not exactly sure which of the threads here Berry discussion goes in, but I want to sing the praises of the new Berry cross-pollination mechanic. Just reaped six each of Pomeg and Qualot Berries along with a normal (delightfully abundant) yield of things like Pecha and Mago - which is great because they power the Surprise Mulch that gets you mutants anyway. The Kelpsy Berries I harvested yesterday are well along their own growth, too. I'm going to try crossing with Leppa Berries now. This is such a brilliant and fun mechanic.

Also I finally leveled my Capture O Power to level 3, and luckily it's right before I have to go catch (I assume) the legendary Pokémon. Every day I give out O Powers like the world's gonna end, but no one in my PSS ever gives any to me, the moochers. >_<

Alrighty! Before going thru Frost Cavern, I backtracked to Rte. 16 to try to find a Dusk Stone, but to no avail. After I did that (and got the Super Rod along the way) I headed back to Frost Cavern and cleared the cave of trainers. Got an Abomasite from the Abomasnow that Team Flare was harrassing, and headed to Rte. 17 and made it to Anistar. Battled my rival in front of the Gym, then checked out the sundail (pretty crystals *u*) and took down the gym, which Doublade pretty much soloed. After that, the Team Flare plot suddenly ramped up, and I headed to Lumiose to deal with the Flare Café problem. Then, Geosenge Town became the central focus of my investigation (more pretty crystals, except these are lethal O_O) Took down the Flare minions, caught Xerneas without the Master Ball (srsly, one hit from Azumarill's Aqua Tail, one Sleep Powder from Venusaur, two Ultra Balls, and done) and trounced Lysandre's Mega Gyarados with Mega Venusaur. I am now in Couriway Town, trying to figure out what Sycamore said about hiding a treasure somewhere in the area. I swept the area with the Itemfinder (which I figured out how to work, btw) and just found some regular items like Ethers and Burn Heals.

Current team:

Heliolisk, Lv.59
Sand Veil
-Thunderbolt
-Return
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
Loving STAB Return less and less the more his Sp.Atk outgrows his Atk. In fact, his dual-typing with Normal is a bigger weakness than it is a strength.

Doublade, Lv.63
No Guard
-Shadow Claw
-Iron Head
-Sacred Sword
-Aerial Ace
Still looking for a Dusk Stone to evolve her. Can anyone help?

Delphox, Lv.59
Blaze
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot

Azumarill, Lv.63
Huge Power
-Aqua Tail
-Play Rough
-Superpower
-Return
She learned Play Rough at Lv.50. Am happeh.

Venusaur, Lv.53@Venusaurite
Overgrow
-Grass Pledge
-Venoshock
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder

Tyrantrum, Lv.53
Strong Jaw
-Rock Tomb
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Earthquake
Learned EQ at Lv.47, was like, "booyakah!" *teaches it* :D

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Besides the legendary's which I'm going to soft reset for their shiny version, I've gotten all the Kalos Pokemon :)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Right now i'm on route 10 hunting for some Pokemon. I'm been looking for a male and female Eevee. I just encountered a male Eevee and caught it, now i'm looking for a female Eevee.

I also ran into a Golett earlier but I made it faint on accident, i'm also looking for a Electrike.

crobatman

I have been berry farming some. I might have went a little overboard. I now possess over 200 Oran berries in my bag. How does the trainer fit everything in there?

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Traded an Eevee on Wonder Guard. Got a Furfrou. Putting out a bunch of Stunfisk in revenge.

I was giving out Wish Eevee's and Rotom's because I want to give to the community and in return I was getting Caterpies and Weedles xD at least I'm sure they were happy with what I gave them

How does the trainer fit everything in there?

RPG logic

Mr.FusRoDah

I got some level 1 trades from Japan, and discovered that Rollout is an egg move for Chespin, Tailwind is an egg move for Noibat, and that you can find Quilladin and Braixen in the friend Safari, with or without their DW abilities. Quilladin comes with Bulletproof, which protects it from certain bomb and ball attacks, and Braixen comes with Magician, which allows it to steal the enemy Pokémon's possessions.

DocZoologist

Squirtle Squirtle
I just caught a Whirlipede with speed boost. I caught it in the friend Safari. I don't know if this is a new hidden ability or not but I think its cool. And its female no joke.

Last edited:

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
I am having the hardest time finding a skarmory. has anyone figured out the flying pokemon that drop in on top of victory road? Why cant I find anything?

If you go surfing and up the waterfall before the end of Victory Road, you'll see bushes and sometimes they will rustle.

I got my Skarmory there.