• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

iTarTar

Maybe Eject Button works like quick claw?

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
Really liked the Looker postgame, and I didn't really like him all that much in IV and V.

Is there a way to find out my friend safari type without someone else? And if not, does someone want to add me and tell me?

JD

Recently, I just defeated Team Flare and now I’m in Snowbelle City.
X Version
Greninja 55
Gogoat 56
Sylveon 55
Gengar (Mega Gengar)54
Pyroar 55
Tyrantrum 50
(In Rotation)
Noivern 48
Time: 30:11

Y Version
Chesnaught 51
Vivillon 53
Heliolisk 52
Blaziken 54
Blastoise 51
Alakazam 51
Time: 24:07

MYNISTA

In Christ
Just got a shiny Trapinch via Friend safari. Woot! Lol

ZXChris93

Was checking out a friend safari, and a shiny dedenne appeared :eek: I think this is a good example of using a master ball, especially since all my pokes are above 60 x.x

EDIT:Nvm, Had a quick ball, and was successful :D

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Caught Gligar with Immunity(hidden ability) :D

Kall El

..Silence..
#Rock on, Kalos!#

Finally traversed a Kalosian Cave, it was an impressive experience!
Running in to wild Zubat's, was actually fun again :L
It was a short experience though, and soon I was out on the main lands again.
Looking around I could see high land formations, hovering above deep blue water.
And after receiving an upgrade to my dex, I realised that I was in the Coastal Region of Kalos.
Which is amazing, I love water & Coastal areas so I'm really excited to see more!
When Sycamores assistans upgraded my dex, I wonder what other Pokemon there would be in Kalos, would I catch any?
Having already caught so many Pokemon, I wanted to focus on what I had but I dare say, I don't want to catch anything else.

Ambrette Town, home of the Fossil lab. Interestingly there was no gym, no gym!
It's been quite the wait for my 2nd badge, looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.
I saw Serena who suggested we go to Glitter Cave?
To get there, I had to travel on a Rhyhorn, which was a fun experience.
I think they should implement this feature somewhat more, like riding your own Arcanine! WOOH!

Glitter Cave, was really immersive & intriguing. Soon, I would run into the strangest of things.
Strange people, suited up in red with an orange fluff above them, they were Team Flare of course.
My first encounter against them was as expected, they were bluntly evil yet caring for their fashion sense, wierd :s
Serena joined me, and we dispatched of them really quickly.

Something really cool happend along the way, I was checking rocks and found an Amber Fossil! WOWEE!
You know what that means, right? Aerodactyl :]
I thought, I have to use this! I can't imagine taming an Aerodactyl outside of Kanto!
To do this he'd need reviving, first we met the fossil professor who was busy in the cave.
He gave me a choice for another fossil! I chose Tyrunt even though I really wanted the other.

When I arrived at the fossil lab, I had both of my fossils revived :]
With no gym, I continued my journey finding myself on a route where I could use my newly obtained old rod.
Magikarps? Nah. There were Luvdiscs everywhere I fished, annoyingly.

Soon I would arrive at the next settlement, would this be where I face my next gym finally?
Cyllage City, flowing with a pre-historic aura yet a very modern exterior.
It has everything from being next to water,a bicycle road in a City, a pre-historic and modern mix of a theme, it's just amazing! :]

First thing I did was buy myself some new clothing and then picking up a bicycle! Finally!
I found the gym, and was happy to finally be here.
If the City was amazing, then the gym design was just as good.
It had this immersive layout, the design of a pre-historic environment where you had to climb walls. Rock Climbing?

Next came the gym battle, Grant was really tough for me.
His Amaura was way too powerful, it's ability alone broke through my team.
And then by the time Tyrunt was out, it was over. My 1st gym loss in Kalos.

In the rematch, I had brought my Vivillon. Grant's Amaura was still causing all sorts of problems.
It's ability allowed normal attacks to act like Ice, thus giving it stab.
I literally had to grind my way through it, Vivillon did just about enough to finish Tyrunt though.
And thus, finally! Finally! I earn my 2nd badge, after how long?

Heading North, I caught an Eevee! Eevee is one of my favourite Pokemon! I had to catch it!
On the way, I ran into Team Flare again, though their appereance was short lived.
There were many Pokemon here, Houndour was something that caught my eye too.

Up North was Geosenge Town, which had strange formation of stones around the City, giving this quirky & ancient feel.
As there wasn't much to do here, I headed east to the next route.
A lady called Korrina bumped into me, challenging me with her 2 Lucario's!
It was totally unexpected, I had this feeling she was a gym leader so it was even more of a surprise!
And she did beat me, here levels were too high and my team was just not ready for this.
I switched my part up bringing Vivillon who helped me avenge my defeat, not without difficulty though.

So I gained my 2nd badge, restored two fossils, met this strange group called team flare & won an unofficial match against a gym leader. It's certainly been a fun few days in Kalos, I'm looking forward to what's on the horizon.
Lets Rock on, Kalos Style!

Last edited:

Incandenza

schlemihl
OMG, just found my first shiny since Emerald! A Shiny Venomoth in the Friend Safari. And quite usable, at that -- Calm nature and perfect SAtk IV. Shame it's got Shield Dust, though. But it looks sooooooo awesome.

HollowZard

Hello there! x3
After a couple of hours of using the Poke Radar to no luck, I've decided to find a foreign Ditto. Found a Korean one. Now it's time to try and find a Shiny Froakie!

Aquarelle

Staff member
So I finished battling Lysandre and saved the Kalos region. I was then able to go to Route 18. While on that route, I went to the Inverse Battle house. I defeated the inverse guy in battle, though it was a little tricky. I found it a little difficult remembering that type match ups were reversed, and it was strange using moves that would normally be not very effective. After that, I continued on to Couriway Town. I battled Prof. Sycamore and defeated his fully evolved Kanto starters using Hawlucha. Currently, I'm exploring Terminus Cave.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I finally defeated Team Flare, and (modest) Yveltal joined my team! Now I'm going to meet Professor Sycamore in Couriway Town!

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
Just got my Aegilash to level 100 making it the first level 100 I ever raised by myself. Ready to raise up the rest of my competetive team but I think I need to take a break. I spent 15 hours the past couple days grinding. I also used the Resturant Le Wow to grind and make easy money with the obscene amount of balm mushrooms you get. I like it better than the batttle chaeteu then again, Im not a baron yet.

Mufasa

Just destroyed the E4 and the Champ with a lone garchomp (disappointed on how easy it was). Later was awarded a medal and a parade when out of no where a giant, colossal trainer comes to battle me. freaking out thinking that i would finally have the "Red" i desperately wanted in this game to challenge me, ended in a sad, sad, sad, SAD disappointment -.-

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got through the winding woods, caught everything in there, got to pokemon village, caught a zoroark and a ditto, got the final badge pretty easily, and now I'm on route 21 and still need a dratini and scyther. I gave up on Dragonair >.>

Last edited:

choof

I hot through the winding woods, caught everything in there, got to pokemon village, caught a zoroark and a ditto, got the final badge pretty easily, and now I'm on route 21 and still need a dratini and scyther. I gave up on Dragonair >.>

I have a few Dratinis, I think. At least I can hatch one really quick. They seemed pretty rare when I was fishing for 'em (Basculins for days, son). Want one?

I unlocked my rival battle in Kiloude, finally. Turns out, you have to win at least one Maison battle in order to get your rival to appear with their Mega Absol. After that, I met with Sycamore at the Anistar sundial, and upgraded my Mega Ring so I can locate Mega Stones! Yay! Then I flew to Lumiose to try to find the Looker Bureau, and immediately upon arriving at the Centrico Plaza PokéCenter, my Holo Caster rang. Looker asked me to come to his detective agency for an important job, one befitting only the savior of Kalos. I easily located his base, thinking it'd take me forever in this glitchy monster of a city, but it seems that I'm a far better navigator than I thought. I passed his stupid-simple aptitude test, and returned to the Bureau to await my next job. I finally get to be a real Pokémon Detective! :D

While waiting, I TM'd up my Ralts that I got from Diantha in exchange for a Doduo I caught on Rte. 5, my Lucario that I received from Korinna in the Tower of Mastery, and my Lapras that I received from the Fisherman on Rte. 12. Earlier this evening, I tested out my Aerodactylite on a poor, unsuspecting Bidoof after TM'ing up my Aerodactyl. I'm impressed with MegaDactyl's desig,. hell, I've been impressed with every Mega Evo's design so far. I'm really digging the Mega Evolution mechanic on the whole, in fact; it makes even worthless Pokémon legit beasts, and makes already-beastly Pokémon virtually godlike.

Last edited:

Marmalade

do not feed.
Just caught Xerneas... With a Quick Ball. It was very anticlimactic. It's Modest natured - is that good? In other news I am horribly overleveled at almost 70+... I've been oneshotting everything with my starter for a while now. :/

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Just earned my 8th gym badge! Now I take aim at the Victory Road and the Elite 4. But... I'm still praying for rain so my Sliggoo can finally evolve. It figures my game land would be devoid of precipitation when I need it most...

Team:

-Topie the Venasaur lvl 58
-Mental the Meowstic (male) lvl 58
-Persia the Jolteon lvl 59
-Po the Sliggoo lvl 58
-Clawitzer lvl 58
-Jigglypuff lvl 59