• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

RedGyarados1

On my first egg breeding two Gible with 31/31/31/x/31/31 iv's, I get a Gible with perfect iv's. About a 1/186 chance with destiny knot.

Douchemon

Scientist
Got a Shiny gulpin from a horde using sweet scent on route 5. But i see alot of people with one, so i am guessing it might a an introduction shiny secretly put in to make them more accesable/known.

Please try sweet scenting route 5 and let me know :D

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
My Braixen evolved into Delphox yesterday or the day before. She's now currently a level 42 with Psyshock, Tail Whip (x.x), Flamethrower, and Mystical Fire.
Wartotle's now a Blastoise, finally letting me MegaEvolve him.. I've already done it a couple times and I really haven't seen any benefits yet. #fail
Not sure if I mentioned this yet, but my Eevee finally evolved into a Sylveon. What's weird about it is his affection was not max, in fact it was only at two hearts... It actually evolved during the beginning of my Spanish class after I let my friend try out my Pokemon Y and battle. But then my friend *accidentally* (not so sure -_-) killed my game by taking out the game card. I was pretty upset with him lol. I loaded the game up again and let him play it during advisory. My Sylveon still evolved and such, so everything's good.

Just finished the Power Plant this morning.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Good news, I was trying to find Sudowoodo in Route 20 in hordes when one horde of that trevenant showed up with one being shiny, I manage to capture it. I was so happy to catch my first shiny Kalos pokemon.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Got a Shiny gulpin from a horde using sweet scent on route 5. But i see alot of people with one, so i am guessing it might a an introduction shiny secretly put in to make them more accesable/known.

Please try sweet scenting route 5 and let me know :D

I am guessing Gulpin's increase in Shiny commonest is due to it being a common Horde Pokemon. So with each single encounter you get an extra +5 chance of getting one.
Shame really as it kind of takes away from the rarity of my shiny Gulpin that I hatched in Pokemon white (I was not even trying as I am not a shiny hunter).

Kalosian

So long
Inside of the Gym, I made my way up to the top, battling some of the trainers along the way. I failed with my usual strategy as I didn't battle all of the trainers, and I also forgot to save before going up to the Gym Leader. But it's not a big deal as I am very overlevelled at the moment anyway and I don't need all available training. I have to say that the way you reached the Gym Leader in this Gym is one of the most unique ways I have ever seen. I battled the Gym Leader Clemont and won against him, for that I got the Voltage Badge and a TM for Thunderbolt. I really feel overlevelled at the moment as my Pokemon were more than 10 levels higher than the Leader's highest. But I don't think there is any way to "fix" that.

I exited the Gym and got a call from Professor Sycamore who wanted to meet me at Lysandre Café, so I went there. I met the Professor and Lysandre as well, he told me a lot about things, legends of the region and how he was a descendant of the Kalos king. Interesting. He left, and the Professor told me to not take his words as the truth but think about it myself. I left and got another call, this time from Trevor who said the whole gang would meet up on Route 14. So there we go. But before going there, I taught some TMs to my team members. It turned out that Aurorus could learn Thunderbolt which is awesome as it will allow it to get BoltBeam, so I taught it that. I also taught Grass Knot to Greninja and Shadow Claw to Doublade.

Headed out to Route 14 where I met my friends... or two of them, Serena and Trevor. Serena wanted a battle, which I never say no to. I won, and she seemed a bit disappointed in herself for losing to me for the third time in a row. But I think she has a lot of potential to get strong. Her starter was also fully evolved which was nice to see. Shauna and Tierno appeared after our battle was done, and it was decided that we should go to the scary house that could be found here. But Serena didn't want to go as she didn't believe the rumors about the place, although I'm guessing she might be fearing something regarding it. But I'll go there. Before that, I explored the first part of the Route, battled a trainer, found a couple of items and captured Weepinbell, Bellsprout, Quagsire, Skorupi, Carnivine and Karrablast. Also met Haunter and Goomy but failed at catching them. Will explore the rest of this Route tomorrow.

Team:
658.png
- level 50
668.png
- level 50
680.png
- level 50
699.png
- level 50
700.png
- level 50
701.png
- level 50

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Just deposited a Togepi in the GTS, with a request for an Yveltal attached. With luck, some fool will come along and take the bait! :D

Just found a Shiny Golett in an area I was using the Poke Radar in but w/o the Radar itself. Strange, but awesome.

iTarTar

Lol everyone is gonna start using Ghost Pokemon soon; Mega Kangaskhan with Power-Up Punch will annihilate. Parental Bond = Double hits, Power-Up Punch = Swords Dance.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Well, I got the at launch, but the most recent thing I've done was raiding Team Flare's base in Giosenge Town and getting myself an Yveltal. Gotta admit that I was surprised that he was that easy to catch, and that he "wanted to become my friend". However, I found that part very climactic, specially with the battle against Lysandre where he also harnessed the power to Mega Evolve his Gyarados. By that point I didn't know Gyarados even had a Mega Evolution, so it was a nice surprise battling with someone who can mega evolve in game AND discovering another Pokémon with a Mega Evolution. And I haven't been using repel or anything of the sort, but I still had no luck on finding any shinies. And I tought I'd finally get to see one, with the hordes (kind of) increasing my chances!

ysmr97

Up to the ultimate weapon story line. About to get Yveltal. This is the best story in any Pokemon game, maybe any game everrrrrr. Omgggg

iTarTar

Oh great -.- Protean Greninja survives two boosted Super effective swords dance boosted vacuum waves with more than 3/4 HP left... I'm not saying it's hacks.... but it's hacks.

EDIT: Ok?!? Another random online match against another random Greninja Protean and again it laughs off my moves... Something is wrong here. Greninja has a maximum 130 defense at level 50.... My Scizor has 194 plus technician boosts. I will always launch a super effective boosted vacuum wave on Greninja that should pummel it. How does it live!? And a side note, both Greninja were Japanese with the same name.... Coincidence? I think not!

Last edited:

Scaicool

Up to the ultimate weapon story line. About to get Yveltal. This is the best story in any Pokemon game, maybe any game everrrrrr. Omgggg

I'm so happy to hear this... I've beaten the fifth gym leader now, and I didn't find any thrilling fact so far! My expectations are so high... Thanks for giving me hope haha

Scaicool

Also, guys, concerning the berry mixing page... I'm sure that you can get Surprise Mulch by adding three Oran berries together too. ;438;

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
I am now on the breeding spree for Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with good IV's.

Just right now breeding for the IV's, then doing Masuda Method for the Shiny!

Wish me luck! >_<

ysmr97

Just finished the Team Flare storyline. Az's speech almost brought me to tears XD this game is perfection. Now to just beat the 8th gym, and take on the E4!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I did the Gym in Snowbelle City late last night. In order to reach the Gym Leader, I had to rotate a bunch of platforms to form paths to the end. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but eventually I made it to Wulfric. I defeated his Abomasnow and Cryogonal using Hawlucha. I switched to Raichu to take out Avalugg. I received my final badge and left the Gym.

Then, I spent some time going back to previous places in order to use Waterfall. I found some useful items and TMs while doing this. Next time, I will go to Victory Road.

jonnyc

Oh great -.- Protean Greninja survives two boosted Super effective swords dance boosted vacuum waves with more than 3/4 HP left... I'm not saying it's hacks.... but it's hacks.

EDIT: Ok?!? Another random online match against another random Greninja Protean and again it laughs off my moves... Something is wrong here. Greninja has a maximum 130 defense at level 50.... My Scizor has 194 plus technician boosts. I will always launch a super effective boosted vacuum wave on Greninja that should pummel it. How does it live!? And a side note, both Greninja were Japanese with the same name.... Coincidence? I think not!
Isn't Vacuum Wave a Sp.Attack move? Swords Dance won't boost that.

killercloud

Just beat the e4 and champion and now I'm at a loss on what to do. I feel that the post game stuff is really poor especially after looking on serebii. There seems to be a real lack of legendaries to catch and there is no incentive to do the battle maison / chateaux. In the previous games there were loads of legendaries and shinys for completing certain things but this seems to have nothing which is really underwhelming.

Thecatteam

I just caught a shiny foongus near Pokemon Village! What's weird is that I previously caught a shiny mime jr. in Reflection Cave. And both were in hordes. I'm starting to buy into the "tipping increases shiny chance" crack theory, but only ironically. I guess.

Probably just dumb luck that I catch two shinies before beating the story in X, but did not catch (or hatch) a single shiny in White, where I bred a living pokedex.