• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Pokemon X - Recent happenings for 10-23-13

650.png
667.png

Started up in the Pokémon Center of Lumiose City.

Last time I played, my goal was to head toward Route 5 and Camphrier Town. I explored Lumiose a bit, and eventually found myself in the Salon. In my X version, I'm playing the female character and I desperately needed a new hairstyle. I hated the default hairstyle. I opted for medium length hair without the bangs.

Once the styling was done, it was time for Route 5. I headed out and immediately dove head-first into the tall grass. I ended up catching a Skiddo, a Pancham, and a Furfrou. I didn't want to add any of them to my team, so I stuck with just my trusty duo.

As I progressed through the route, I got quite a bit of experience. Although, it was to be expected, considering I'm only using two Pokémon: Buck and Mufasa. With all the trainers and wild Pokémon in the Route, I managed to level both Pokémon up from 13 to 17 by the time I reached Camphrier Town.

I reached the town and immediately began my usual felonies: breaking and entering, and theft of valuable properties. First house I pillaged belonged to a man who has something to do with PC's and boxes. He probably packages PC parts in boxes and ships them to Lumiose or something, iunno. One of the two women in the house called me a Thief, but that's probably because I was a thief that stole the Thief TM from the lady that called me a Thief. From there I mugged a couple guys, one gave me an Ultra Ball and romping through somebody's yard netted me an X-Attack. Of course, once I tried to make my getaway, somebody accosted me like some common ruffian, and verbally kidnapped me!

I progressed the story enough to reach Route 6. I beat a few Tourists, and raised Buck's and Mufasa's levels to 18. I looped around, ignoring Parfum Palace for now, and dove, yes you got it, head first into the grass to catch new Pokémon. This time, I caught an Espurr, which was boxed and put away, and a female Honedge. Since it's a female, I named it Taishigi, after the female Navy Captain and Swordswoman from One Piece. Before exploring more of Route 6, I went back to Route 5 and did some leveling up. Taishigi was at level 11, and I wanted to give her a couple more levels before progressing. Since I only have (now) three Pokémon, having one at such a low level probably isn't a good idea.

Back on Route 6, after Taishigi was level 14, I did some more exploring, looking for loot and whatnot. I beat a few more trainers, and a bunch more wild Pokémon. It seems to me that the encounter rate in the very tall grass is really high.

Once I finished exploring Route 6, I headed up to Parfum Palace and saved my game. My team upon saving and quitting is:

651.png
667.png
679.png

Bus

Just tried to do chain fishing for the first time. Not sure if it was the Strange Souvenir that my Pangoro was holding, but after the 10th battle (maybe 11th), I encountered and caught a Shiny Dragalge!

That's two shinies in two days for me. Either it's supreme luck or that souvenir really does make a difference. Or I just got super lucky while Chain fishing and it came up early.

Last edited:
@Bus: A shiny can come up in two hooks or two hundred, it's all about the mathematical probability and your real-life luck. I got my shiny Clauncher after just a chain of 3 hooks, and about 10 minutes of fiddling with broken chains.

@^: After ~9-11 more encounters, he'll head to Sea Spirit's Den in Azure Bay. When you get there, he won't be visible in the cave. Save at the door, because if you rush in too fast, he swoops down on you from above! Good luck, and happy hunting!

Also, my Aegislash just hit Lv.100! I am now training my Lv.96 Delphox in the Chateau. My Chesnaught hit Lv.68, my Clawitzer hit Lv.53, my Venusaur hit Lv.94, and my Tyrantrum hit Lv.96.

Last edited:

Aetius

Just finished the main game! :D
What to say, an awesome game with an awesome ending and the final fight against the Champion and E4 was really epic, also thanks to the musical themes.
All that is left now it's the post-game, which I'm looking forward to seeing. :)

ZXChris93

So I beat the elite four, captured mewtwo, obtained all the current megastones, also captured Zygarde, and went on my way to capture the last legendary so far in the game...Moltres.
It was quite powerful, as expected of a lvl 70 vs a team of low 60's. The battle was long, and I almost ran out of ultraballs. But I caught it...But I already have a fire/flying that is worth more to me then Moltres. My Talonflame fought against it like a champ. It survived with 1hp point not only once, nor twice in a row. But THREE times in a row, it survived a deadly heatwave, out of love for me. I caught Moltres right after Talonflame eventually fainted, but I won't be inboxing my Talonflame any time soon :)

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I got my second gym badge, and my team is in the high 20's. On my team is Frogadier,Fletchinder,Skiddo,Aromatisse,Dedenne, and Amaura.

Noctali

Umbreon
Okay, been awhile since I posted.
I now have 4 badges. Ramos (or whatever his name was) was ridiculously easy. I just used my newly evolved Pidgeot to take care of his entire team.
My current team is:
Delphox
Venasaur
Tyrunt
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Lapras (for now, I don't intend on keeping it in my team, just needed it for Surf).
And now I got the Lucario, but I really don't think I'll be using him either. I'm only half way through the badges and my team is already pretty much full, so I want to wait it out before I make any more additions.

I also have since changed the look of my trainer. Glad to have black hair and a different outfit now.

JD

Just messing around in Friend Safari and I found this
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/eoqFPas.jpg[/IMG139]

Haha my first Gen VI shiny Pokemon :p

Rakansen

ラルフ
Captured a mewtwo modest with 31IV on spA and Speed, im starting to super training him to get a good mega mewtwo Y

Lucky, I'm thinking of catching Mewtwo next, I really want to get an Adamant one because I have X. However, at the same time, I want to try to get a shiny Mewtwo regardless of what nature they have.

Anyways, in other news, I'm thinking raising a male Meowstic and run the classic Calm Mind Substitute set for the Battle Maison just because I really like male Meowstic's design. I'm currently holding off on getting the 8:00PM Mega Stones, since none of them are really appealing to me right now except for Mawile.

Kall El

..Silence..
# Mastery of Lapras #

Professor Sycamore told us of a mysterious new way of evolution back in Lumiose.
And now arriving at Shalour City, apparently there are some answers to this mystery!
It wasn't long before I met Trevor & Tierno, who were also searching for answers.
We spoke briefly, and then, headed to the elusive Tower of Mastery.

The Tower was pretty amazing, it had this mystifying aura, like it had been through the ages.
Of course, this was also the very place that was said to hold secrets of mega evolution!
After speaking to the acclaimed mega-guru, the rest of the gang showed up!
Serena! Shauna! The group was reunited, after such a long time.
With there being only one mega-ring, the group had to decide who would take it.
Tierno, Trevor & Shauna predictably passed this one, which left just me & Serena.
What better way than a battle to decide this? I ended up winning, but there was more to come.

I had to beat Korina at her gym before mastering mega evolution truely.
A somewhat modern gym, where you'd roller skate and enjoy the speedy lights!
Korina was tough, she had to be. I remembered her 2 Lucario's and knew that even one alone would be tough in a gym match.
To my surprise she never had or even tried using any of them. Not knowing at the time was she also had access to Luke's mega stone but never used it, if she did, well, I'd certainly lose.
She was tough but I had a team full of Pokemon that were at an advantage, well Honedge certainly was and it helped me rip a huge dent in to her team, and till now she was my easiest leader fight, though I was fortunate in confusing her Hawlucha which could have swept me if things went differently. The match was close but easier than previous ones.

Immediately after winning she did something really strange, after 2 fights or 3 including the rematch, she asked that she'd like to battle me again at the top of the Tower of Mastery. I was like, uhh sure why not? And so I proceeded to the top of the tower, which by the way is an amazing tower, I love it's design and the theme to it.
When reaching to the top, I could see the beautiful view of Kalos and feel the breeze hit me as she challenged me with her Lucario and her other given to me to use in this battle, both were evenly matched with there Lucarionite, but I just about scraped it.
I took her Lucario, but don't intend on using it at the moment. Korina is really nice, a very sociable gym leader!

Heading East, I received a Lapras which was really amazing!
Not only do I now finally possess a water type, I also have an amazing one that has a great surfing animation!
Though that didn't stop me for looking for a female one, so I can breed them and get a better nature.
It took me a million years to find one, literally a million years it's not even funny at all.
And when I did find one, it used perish song...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Meaning that I had less than 3 turns to try and catch a Pokemon who apparently has a low catch rate, WOOWOWOW!
This cannot be happening I thought, anyways I attacked it on turn 2 bringing it down but not that down on health..
..this was getting really intense, I had one throw and if I failed then there goes the only Lapras I had seen in like an hour..
..So I chose the Ultra ball, as I felt it was my only hope..and to my amazement it caught it, just on the brink of perish song killing it off, phew! That was an amazing catch, I was really happy.
Previously, I had also caught a Modest Tentacool.
I've never used one before, in Kanto, Johto or Hoenn.

I headed back to the daycare with Pidgeotto's newly gained flying ability..
And received a few eggs, one which hatched into a Modest Lapras :]
I then headed back to Coumarine City, where I was preparing for my next gym battle..
I also got myself a Good rod which I hope to use at some point, I also visited a farm before my appereance at Coumarine!

With my newly caught Pokemon, I'm feeling sky high on confidence.
The Tower of Mastery, Lapras and mega evolution.
I think I mastered quite a few things today :]

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well I worked on X for a bit. Got the second badge from Grant. Revived the Sail Fossil and on first revival, Amura got Modest Nature with "Takes plenty of Siestas". Dang thats good.

Now im in Y, wondering trading 77 skrelps i hatched. So far I got a brave Skarmory and an Adamant Magikarp. That is something good I need. The few others I got are meh.

I could use more friend safari's though. Need more water safaris. I need more new types too :( I have alot of repeats

Exprima

Pokemang
Finally managed to get Moltres to settle in Azure Bay (forgot what the cavern is called) after like 2 hours of chasing it around. Good news is, its IVs and nature aren't locked until the player is actually able to fight it in the cavern... I'm in the middle of soft resetting to get a good one now, and the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs for any legendary in the wild still applies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After winning the Bug Badge at the Santalune City Gym and healing my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, I headed out to Route 4. I met Alexa before arriving there and I obtained the Exp. Share item from her after she spoke to me about Lumiose City. Once I had finally arrived at Route 4 I explored the flower patches around the area and I encountered more Pokemon. I caught a Combee and a Ledyba as I roamed around there and I tried to find a Skitty but failed to encounter one. I moved among the hedges and I arrived at Perle Fountain which was beautiful. I battled Roller Skaters around there and then I explored more of the route and I battled more trainers including some Poke Fans and Preschoolers.

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
Found a route I hadn't been to before by the Abandoned Hotel or whatever. Caught Klefki, Phantump, and two Pumpkaboo, to which I traded one on the GTS for another one to get me the hotdog pumpkin evolution. Defeating the trainers here to level up my Skrelp.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Looking forward to my day off tomorrow. Going to continue the shiny hunt for Honedge, which I've hatched nearly 90 Eggs for so far.

Once I've finished Wonder Trading the Honedge I've hatched since yesterday, I'll be popping into Friend Safari to check around there. May teach Aegislash False Swipe again, since my first experience with the Safari entailed an encounter with a level 30 Ninetails - far too weak for my team to 'hold back' on... I'll also have to invest in a ton of Quick Balls/Ultra Balls. I'm just glad I have over 275k saved up, or that particular investment would be a nightmare...

I've gotten a foreign female Eevee, and am looking forward to starting a shiny hunt for that. Something about shiny Umbreon is just so enticing...

Team hasn't changed in the slightest, with the exception that they're all boxed while I keep Larvesta on the team to Flame Body-hatch the Eggs faster. Considering Larvesta's foreign, I may consider breeding him, too, in hopes of a shiny Larvesta (we'll see, I guess).

Just barely got a Modest Abra. A little disappointed it wasn't leveled to Kadabra before it was traded, or I'd have a keeper in the resulting Alakazam... Well, perhaps I'll find another way.