• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

golda068

Shiny Hunter
Just got off work and im at it again! found this corphish after 15 reels, and 10mins before my brother got the clauncher in his pkmn X:

Man, I've been loving how easy it is to stay miles ahead of the levelling curve this gen! My team was in the high 50's when I caught Xerneas, the high 60's when I took on the league, the high 70's when I went after Zygarde, and the mid-80's when I went after Zapdos. The EXP Share makes it a total breeze, too! Just stick a low-levelled trainee with Lucky Egg at the back of your party, and proceed to whoop *** with your massively-overlevelled main teammates, and laugh maniacally as the levels pile up! My Clawitzer just hit Lv.60 by farming the Chateau nublets, and my Chesnaught hit Lv.71! Gawsh, this gen rocks!

Edit: I've also saved up 2 million Pokébucks by repeatedly mugging rich white people.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating two Gardenders and their Corphish, I picked up a Net Ball and then I arrived at the gatehouse that led into Lumiose City. I met two people outside named Sina and Dexio who apparently worked for Professor Sycamore. After speaking about Flabebe, they offered to show me around the city so I followed after them. I obtained the Return TM from them after they checked my Pokemon's happiness, and once in Lumiose City I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I visited Professor Sycamore's lab. I obtained some Luxury Balls on the second floor, then I met Sycamore on the third floor. Serena and Shauna showed up after the professor's lecture and Sycamore asked me to battle with him.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off by getting Nessie the Lapras and replacing Tiny, so i can see the overworld Lapras. Collected most of the items in route 12, then unknowingly headed toward Azure bay. Caught an Inkay here named Flopsy. Only other thing of note in azure bay was collecting the Ampharosite. With nothing else to do i headed to Coumarine City and headed straight to the gym. Serena Challenged me in front of the gym, but X-nut and Koopliss made the battle quite easy. Inside the gym Nala and X-Nut evolved and they had quite the easy time against Ramos. I then taught Quacklin fly before heading off to route 13. Got lost in route 13 for a good half hour due to the wind and the 3 locked doors. Eventually figured out that i had to talk to the team flare grunt to get into the power plant. X-Nut Dealt with most of the Falre Grunts with little trouble, but Riley dealt with the Swalots and Koopliss the Fire types. Off to Lumiose City where i explored the now open areas of the city. Most of it was boring, but i did buy tons of pokeballs at the Poké Ball Boutique. Thinking i had nothing to combat Electric types, i headed back to route 13 and caught a Gible named Gibby. I also headed back to Coumarine and grabbed the Good rod after realizing i missed it.

Saving Clemont for a later date so my 3DS battery doesnt run out.

X-Nut/Chesnaught lvl 39
Quacklin'/ Farfetch'd lvl 41
Nala/Pyroar lvl 38
Koopliss/Blastoise lvl 38
Flopsy/Inkay lvl 33
Riley/Lucario lvl 36

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Yes, that is exactly why I put the King's Rock on Aegislash... this wild Pyroar in Friend Safari is giving me trouble with the catch attempt, and a False Swipe made it flinch, giving me more than enough time to Shield up again. So glad I didn't switch the item. (Ended up knocking it out because it's not something I really want, and I can always evolve my Litleo if I do want one.)

Switching Friend Safari now, to see what everyone else I've added so far has. I find myself hoping to see a Beldum/Metang amidst the Psychic-type Safaris, and perhaps find a Stantler at some point in the future.

HollowZard

Hello there! x3
Just spent an hour and a half capturing dittos in the safari. Can't believe not even one out of 40 Dittos had at least 4 good IV's the best one i got has 31 IV in attack, defense and sp. defense -.-

Shinzan

Trying to catch a protean Frogadier and breeding my team for season competition.

Profesco

gone gently
Trying to convince the denizens of Lumiose City that I'm all the style they'll ever need, I finally dined at Sushi High Roller. It was a good thing I spent the other night reaping the continuous rewards of that golden invitation writ at the Battle Chateau, because apparently serving fish you haven't even cooked costs $500,000. I can buy actually-cooked fish at Le Nah for less than 10% that price, for crying out loud. One of the guys in there tells you not to come back, and I think I'll be taking him up on his advice. (Though I was bemused by one of the pretty Furisode Girls suggesting that I "come up and sushi [her] sometime.")

Anyway, even after that ridiculously overpriced raw fish excursion, my Lumiose style rank is still imperfect (as measured by the owner of the Stone Emporium's bargaining shpiel). The only thing I haven't done is completed a trial at the Battle Institute. I was really hoping you wouldn't have to do that in order to get the hatching O-Power, meh. I s'pose I'll have to slap something substandard together and just try to get it over with while keeping as much dignity as possible. >_o

Edit: Also, I decided ahead of time I'd focus on team and 'Dex building before putting any time into looking for perks like shiny Pokémon, but seeing everybody and their brother's girlfriend's next-door neighbor's pet gerbil just stumbling over shiny after shiny without so much as breaking a sweat is becoming a little irksome. Two+ boxes' worth of Destiny Knot-plus-Masuda Method Chespins produced neither a shiny baby nor one with more than 3 31 IVs, and this is apparently a horrific statistical anomaly compared to the standard of experience recounted online. D=<

Last edited:

WMHBA

Hi guys i already have Greninja, Pawniard, Charizard Y and Blaziken in my team. Who should i get for my final two pokemon to balance/support my team?

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I continued breeding togepi today and have been wonder trading most of them.... I got mostly useless pokemon from the trades but I did manage to snag a nearly flawless timid Noivern (has a bad hp stat). I settled on an above average one with flawless speed after accidentally MMing a shiny one. I raised the non-shiny one to level 100. I was disappointed that it didn't learn a single fairy type move via level up. Finally, I earned a few more medals including Head it Fan.

W00T!!! I finally hit Grand Duke rank at the Battle Chateau! I guess the next logical step would be to either use the Black Writ of Challenge I've just gained access to, or go back to the E4 and grind my life away. I think I'll hit up the E4 first, at least once, and then grind some more at the Chateau, hopefully encountering Diantha's Lv.85 team along the way!

My Chesnaught is Lv.72, my Clawitzer is Lv.60, my Delphox is Lv.99, my Venusaur is Lv.96, and my Tyrantrum is Lv.97. Not to mention my Lv.100 Heliolisk, Aegislash, and Azumarill! :D

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So I continue my hatching of egg for Shiny Honedge and still I have no luck... must have been wasted on the Shiny Tediursa I encounter in my Friend Safari. (Oddly enough, I was just trying to find Imposter Ditto of which I eventually did)

W00T!!! I finally hit Grand Duke rank at the Battle Chateau! I guess the next logical step would be to either use the Black Writ of Challenge I've just gained access to, or go back to the E4 and grind my life away. I think I'll hit up the E4 first, at least once, and then grind some more at the Chateau, hopefully encountering Diantha's Lv.85 team along the way!

My Chesnaught is Lv.72, my Clawitzer is Lv.60, my Delphox is Lv.99, my Venusaur is Lv.96, and my Tyrantrum is Lv.97. Not to mention my Lv.100 Heliolisk, Aegislash, and Azumarill! :D
With battle's set to lvl 50 again... lvl 100 Pokemon are kinda pointless

Lorde

I battled against Professor Sycamore at his lab and he sent out a Bulbasaur. I used Litleo against it and I beat it with Ember. I then used my Pikachu against his Squirtle and I won that battle with Thunder Shock. All that remained was Sycamore's Charmander which Froakie defeated easily with Bubble. I was offered one of the Kanto Starters from Professor Sycamore after said battle, and I chose Charmander since I wanted to use Mega Charizard later on, and I also obtained the Charizardite X which would allow that to happen. Tierno and Trevor showed up after that and once everyone had left I picked up the False Swipe TM. I went down the elevator and met Lysandre. After speaking with him, I saved.

WMHBA

you need a poison or a steel type, check dragalge

Is my Pawniard enough? Though he is half dark and steel? Or should i really need a poison or Steel Pokemon. Any other option mate?

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
My Skrelp finally evolved into Dragalge!

[video=youtube_share;ZjTqYPp_VhQ]http://youtu.be/ZjTqYPp_VhQ[/video]

So now I'm spending this time "grinding" in the battle chateau with a luck incense.

BluePingu

I got bored of hatching Goomy, so I decided to search for a Shiny Espurr in friend Safari.
AND IT WAS THE FIRST ONE I SAW! :D

She is now a Meowstic! Shiny Meowstic are so cool, they are white, and the blue parts are now golden!

Lorde

Serena wanted me to meet her at Cafe Soleil, but I wanted to explore more of Lumiose City before going there. I healed my Pokemon and swapped some on the PC, then I headed out to the Southern Boulevard since it was one of the few accessible areas of the city at the moment. I encountered Serena at the cafe eventually and we went in. We overheard Lysandre and Diantha talking, and then Diantha introduced herself properly when that conversation was over. I left after speaking to her and I met Shauna at the PR Video building. After recording a little video there, then I discovered a hair salon but I didn't linger since the prices were expensive. I entered the gatehouse that led to Route 5 and I saved there.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Finished the game a week ago, but having lots of fun doing post game stuff like the Looker missions and Friend Safari. At my attempt to complete the dex, I now have 577 pokemon obtained out of 700ish. Getting there. Caught Moltres this morning and evolved several pokemon including Klang, Vanilite, Manibuzz, Metagross, and Volcorona. Also evolved a few pokemon through happiness (Togetic, Espeon, Swoobat) by biking around the gym in Lumiose city for 10 minutes while catching up on school reading. Now I have to go to the Pokemon Maison to obtain enough BP for items to trade evolve a few pokemon.