• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Aurath8

AZ's story is so sad. In fact, I actually resetted in order to hear his story one more time. The thing I'm most interested in now is how the story changes in Y.
Headed back to Geosenge for the climax of the story. I wish the Lysandre fights were more spaced out, as his team became very predictable. Regardless, the ending neatly explained all of Team Flare's seemingly random antics across Kalos. Now I can only wonder what's left of AZ and where he is now...

chap196

So I finish EV training Honedge today, it took me 1-2 hours to use Super Training to EV train it! At least it is faster than EV training with Wild Pokemon where you get around 1 EV Point per battle.

After that I went to train Honedge in the Pokemon League where it awards lots of EXP. I manage to defeat the Elite Four and the Champion in 15 minutes easily, still Honedge did not evolve yet, oh I forgot to use the EXP O-Powers. Once my I evolve Honedge into Doublade, I can evolve Doublade immediately with Dusk Stone (I got 3 of them from Super Training :))

Unredemption

48 Dittos and no signs of Adamant, Modest and Naive natures. Looks like I have more work to do...

Doing Double Battles in the Battle Maison now, and I'm glad they introduced the option to change battle music - really spices things up a bit!

dmarchu

So continuing my "speed" run of pokemon x (I don't think it deserves that name :(, I am so slow). I defeated Team Flare, got my 8th gym badge and headed to the Elite 4.
I expected a huge challenge since my pkm levels were 62, 61, 48 and the rest between 55-60 (low levels since I was avoiding fights like the plague), also my team has huge weaknesses against fighting, water, flying and fire. I stocked up with a bunch of hyper potions and revives. The fire and water trainers gave me a hard time and I had to retry a few times. The other 2 were fairly straightforward fights. And finally for the champion...It was probably the easiest fight. Overall I am about 13 hours in the game.

Going to catch Mewtwo, Zygarde and start hunting for the Exclusive Mega Stones.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
X:

I caught some currently-rare Pokémon in my Safari: Tyrogue, Gastrodon, and most important of all, RUFFLET.

I can't really continue with my Kalos dex completion route because I lack the means to evolve some Pokémon through trade, I lack evolutionary stones, and the supposedly version-exclusive Megas that I haven't seen myself in Y (so don't you tell me who they are).

lunicks

Busy with daycare all day, got a decent IV Adamant Mawile now!
Super training him now to max out EV's and going to the battle Maison

Won the 7th badge. My journey then got interrupted by some Team Flare mischief.
Showed them who's boss and caught Xerneas. Now I can finally continue towards winning my final badge.
Still trying to raise my rank in the Battle Chateau though...

Woohoo! My Tyrantrum and Venusaur have finally hit Lv.100! All I have left to train now is my Chesnaught and Clawitzer! My Chesnaught is Lv.81, and my Clawitzer is rapidly approaching Lv.70. Still haven't run into Black Writ Diantha yet, but I'm continuing to try.

Griever789

Finally got zapdos to settle in a area, not as useful as I hoped since it can't learn heat wave this gen but oh well I'll have to make do.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Pokemon X - Recent happenings for 10-25-13

In the last episode of Pokémon X, Beta had made a new friend. She had just recently captured a Honedge with a Luxury Ball. After giving her the name "Taishigi", they travelled together toward the gates of Parfum Palace, seeking the PokeFlute.
651.png
667.png
679.png

When I loaded up the game, I headed toward the Parfum Palace. Having just done this area in Pokémon Y, I knew where all the key points were. I headed straight to the gardens, grabbed all the items and the Cut HM, then went to catch the missing Furfrou. I watched the Fireworks show, only this time it was much better in 3D. PokeFlute in hand, I went back to Route 7 and fought a Snorlax.

Like in Y, I remembered to steal the Sitrus Berry. I want to start growing them, but the thought of having to wait two days kind of sucks, considering my only way to get back to the Berry Field is by walking. Maybe once I get Fly, I will come back to start growing them in earnest.

It's also right about now that I decided to figure out what my HM Slaves were going to be. I ended up deciding on Clauncher and Hawlucha. Both get Cut, Clauncher gets Surf and Waterfall, Hawlucha gets Strength and Fly.

Having caught up to my progress in Y, I moved on. My first order of business on Route 7 was to catch a Swirlix. They are pretty darn rare in the Yellow Flowers. Took me nearly a half hour of running around mindlessly and fleeing from battles before I found one.

Also loaded up Pokémon Y to catch myself a Spritzee. That took about another half hour.

I boxed the newly caught Swirlix, and headed west. I battled a few Artists who had Smeargles, but they were cake. Toward the end, when I reached Connecting Cave, Calem showed up and wanted to have a double battle with Trevor and Tierno. Of course, my team rocked face! Taishigi did most of the work with Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak. I went through Connecting Cave and Route 8 with nearly no incident. I beat down a bunch of trainers and caught myself an Inkay. On two occasions, though, Taishigi almost fainted, but she endured.

In Ambrette Town, I walked around and talked to people. Along the way, I found TM94: Rock Smash, and TM96: Nature Power. I gave Rock Smash to Taishigi, replacing her Fury Cutter.

At the end, my team remains largely unchanged. No new members, even though I've caught two new Pokémon since my last update. Everyone has reached level 23, and some have a few new moves. Mufasa has Fire Fang as opposed to Ember, Taishigi has Aerial Ace and Rock Smash now, and Buck has Pin Missile.
651.png
667.png
679.png

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I'm using Pokemon Global Link (PGL) and I'm at Victory Road, though it's annoying when it says that the servers are busy..

Kalosian

So long
I went out to Route 18. Battled all trainers (except the Sky Trainer), picked up all items and captured Sandslash, Torkoal, Durant, Heatmor, Lairon, Gurdurr and Geodude. Also met the very interesting Inverse trainer whom I battled, the battle really forced me to think differently compared to a usual battle. It seems like he can be rebattled every day which I highly approve of. I arrived at Couriway Town and explored it, found a couple of items around the town. Met Professor Sycamore again, he first apologized for not stopping Lysandre and Team Flare, then he challenged me to a battle. He had the Kanto Starters again, but they were fully evolved this time. I won, and he told me afterwards that he had hidden a secret somewhere in the town. I don't know what it was, and I'm not sure if I'm able to find it either as there are waterfalls here which I can't climb yet. Went out to Route 18 again, I'm going to explore the Terminus Cave before going to Route 19.

Team:
658.png
- level 71
668.png
- level 70
680.png
- level 70
699.png
- level 70
700.png
- level 70
701.png
- level 70

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I went out to Route 18. Battled all trainers (except the Sky Trainer), picked up all items and captured Sandslash, Torkoal, Durant, Heatmor, Lairon, Gurdurr and Geodude. Also met the very interesting Inverse trainer whom I battled, the battle really forced me to think differently compared to a usual battle. It seems like he can be rebattled every day which I highly approve of. I arrived at Couriway Town and explored it, found a couple of items around the town. Met Professor Sycamore again, he first apologized for not stopping Lysandre and Team Flare, then he challenged me to a battle. He had the Kanto Starters again, but they were fully evolved this time. I won, and he told me afterwards that he had hidden a secret somewhere in the town. I don't know what it was, and I'm not sure if I'm able to find it either as there are waterfalls here which I can't climb yet. Went out to Route 18 again, I'm going to explore the Terminus Cave before going to Route 19.

Team:
658.png
- level 71
668.png
- level 70
680.png
- level 70
699.png
- level 70
700.png
- level 70
701.png
- level 70

Explore it well as your find a Dusk Stone for your Doublade within!

In tonight playthrough I have done the following...
- Finally found the TM for Energy Ball to give to my Florges
- Made it to the Pokemon Village and captured a Ditto
- Used Ditto to make Chespin babies
- Gave them all Pokerus as a surprise to all the PGL I'll be trading them with
- Received a Braixen for a Chespin and a Gooey Goomy for a standard Goomy. Very happy about them, big thanks to the traders.
- Beat the 8th gym with Chesnaught (who's lagging behind the rest of my Pokemon by one level at 69).
- Off to the Victory Road.

Meanwhile back on Pokemon WHITE I breed myself an Adamant Riolu with Bullet Punch and Crunch ready for Bank Transfer.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Started X, got lucky and got a modest mischievous Fennekin. Travelled through the game and I am now near the first badge town. I have a Pansage (neutral nature), a Panpour (neutral too), a Zigzagoon (lonely) and a Pikachu (timid)...
I also downloaded the patch to avoid issues when I reach lumiose...^^

PokeAmi

I just caught Yveltal with a single ultraball on my first encounter with it. Not a critical capture. Weird. I can't remember it was so easy to catch legendaries. Probably just luck or the catch rate has been lowered alot :p

And I found a Super-size Pumpkaboo on the sixth encounter yesterday! I almost run away from it because i thought it was the large-size. I caught anyway and it was the Super-size! I have tried finding another one, but after 100 encounter since the last....meh.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
No one has wanted to trade my lv 59 Zweilous in exchange for a Braviary in GTS. This makes me sad (both evolve pretty late, so I thought it was a fair trade). After I get back from school, I'll be mindlessly going through Pokemon Maison while getting reading done so I can get the BP for evolution items to evolve Electabuzz, Magmar, Weavile, Gliscor, etc. This is not going to be fun. Pokemon Maison was pretty disappointing.

dmarchu

After beating the champion I went to challenge Serena (she fainted 5 of my pkms, I got lucky with my last one ,Chesnaught, since I managed to paralyze her Delphox and she couldn't' attack for 4 turns) and upgraded my Mega Ring.
I went to fight Mewtwo and I was expecting to have a rough fight with several attempts since that is what happened in Y (I probably threw about 50 ultraballs in total when he was paralyzed and on the red and I didn't catch him). This time I caught him with 2 pokeballs on the first battle.

RNG_Reporter

Just beat the E4 and Champion. Man, that was some battle. After 2 of the E4, I only had 2 Pokemon remaining, thank god for Revives.

After the other 2, I had 1 Pokemon left, thank god for Revives lol.

Champion was good.. Aurorus was so annoying. Reflect and Light Screen was a real issue.

Gardevoir becoming a Mega was sooooooooo unexpecting. that was sweet. Was able to pull out the win.

Pokemon were 62-65 throughout the E4 and Champion.. so the levels were perfect for hard fought battles.

Woo.. I'm the champ. I'm the best.

NeoPhantos

With the new update preventing the error I got when filtering the GTS trades, I finally achieved my dream of an International Ghost Team! To my previous list I add:
ITALIAN Gengar
SPANISH Shedinja

Whilst Shedinja may not be the strongest Ghost-type out there, it is the thought of the International Team that counts!

Now to Super Train these two and level up the team to 100 before continuing with a competitive team.

Kurry

Just finished beating the E4 and Champion this morning. :)

Was NOT expecting the trade with Shauna at all though. I gave her a Sylveon in exchange for a Froakie.