• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

After hitting Grand Duke rank in the Chateau, I've been exp-grinding using the Black Writ, hoping to run into Diantha to face her Lv.80 team--and I did! Chesnaught didn't fare so well early on, and neither did Clawitzer, but after a few Revival Herbs and some help from my Lv.100's, she went down hard! Chesnaught even outran and OHKO'd her MegaGardy with Poison Jab! Chesnaught is now Lv.97 after further grinding, and Clawitzer is Lv.77 thanks to the EXP Share and his Lucky Egg. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Duchess Furisode Girls in the Chateau? Beautiful, rich, and easy to level up on!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just tested out the patch, and it WORKED PERFECTLY, TWICE EVEN!!!!!!! I saved right outside of Southern Boulevard & the Sycamore Pokémon Lab & nothing happened

Last edited:

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Received Charmander from the Prof and changed my hairstyle and hair color. I now have short brown hair.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
in Y i helped a friend out in testing out his team. My first time battling online and I did pretty well. Scizor did awesome and I did not dare mega evolve him. Instead I made him hold a different item.

I finally caught my first shiny. I chained fished in route 19 and got poliwhirl. Sadly its sassy natured so I dont know if i'm going to use it or not. Least I know now that chain fishing really works!

Woohoo! Chesnaught finally hit Lv.100 while taking on Drasna in the league, and Clawitzer hit Lv.80 on Diantha's MegaGardy! Afterwards, I went back to the Chateau and got Clawitzer to Lv.82! Altho eww, still more grinding needs to be done... Hopefully it'll be done soon, altho I have a wedding to attend tomorrow, so I may not get much grinding in then. As Clawitzer is likely my last Pokémon I'll raise to Lv.100 in my X version, I guess I should shut off my EXP Share now. It's been real, it's been fun, but it's soon time to hang it up. :'(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Once in Camphrier Town, I wandered around and I obtained an Ultra Ball from a man near the Pokemon Center. I then visited the hotel and some other places of interest. After visiting Cassius's house and learning that he designed the PC system, I obtained the Thief TM from a girl and I headed outside again. I visited the Shabboneau Castle in the northern part of town and I met Shauna there. I had to go to Route 7 next, but before going I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and stocked up on some items. Once at Route 7 I headed west and I arrived at a small bridge where a Snorlax was sleeping and people were gathered around it. I was told that I needed the Poke Flute item in order to awaken it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
60 hours into the game, I only have a single gym badge.. And a bucketload of trained pokemon.. :p

PearlDex

WONDER TRADE KARMA
I had not done a Wonder Trade through my entire playthrough of X. In Y, I became curious about it. I sent in a Scatterbug, got a Vivillion with a wing pattern I had not collected yet. So I tried one more time. Sent in Pikachu, received Fletchling. Sent in Fletchling, received Bagon. OK. Good starting team, really. So when I got Charmander, I decided to return the Wonder Trade favor and sent in Charmander. Received Shiny Flabebe, my second shiny Flabebe... I'm afraid to go back to Wonder Trade. IT CAN ONLY GIVE FOR SO LONG!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I walked into the Berry Fields area of Route 7 and I spoke to a man and a girl there. They wanted me to take care of the garden for them and I received some Oran and Pecha Berries and then the Sprinklotad key item to water the berries with. I planted some an Oran Berry in the garden and watered it, then I picked up the Miracle Seed item and I left the Berry Fields. I wandered into Route 6 afterwards and I followed the straight path between the trees there. I battled some Tourists with Litleo and Pancham to level them up, and I encountered a wild Venipede as I skated around the edge of the path. I caught it and arrived at Parfum Palace. I went into a side area and caught a wild Espurr in the tall grass.

Lutino

Beat team flare and cleaned the power plant. Currently wandering around in lumiose, checkin out all the stores and getting ready to beat the gym (Clemont).
Picked up dragon tail tm from 2nd floor of the museum. I found out that you can use the tm´s mutiple times in XY without losing them after 1 use.. big improvement!!

ImpendingChaos

I just entered the gym in Santalune City, and my Fennekin evolved while facing Lass Charlotte. Braixen easily took down Viola to earn me my first Gym Badge.

I bred a perfect iv Charmander. The destiny knot is so amazing that unless you are breeding for specific hidden powers you never want to use anything else other then an everstone. My Charizard X is now perfect. Now I gotta repeat the process for a Charizard Y...

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I am messing around with the poke Radar, and I run into a rare encounter indeed, expecting a shiny, but it was not. Instead, Articuno appeared before my eyes! It just stared at me before taking off instantly...

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I finally decided to get my X playthrough started. I had picked Fennekin as my started for Y and had later used a Chespin(after trading it from X from before), so I decided to choose Froakie. An after spending 20 long mins I finally figured out a nickname for it, Rana.
After getting Rana, I recked Shana my rival it's so cool how you Gen 6 starters actually start with an elemental move. After taking the letter to mom I test something out. It's true Pidgey is coded to always be your first Pokemon you find in the first patch of grass just before the catching tutorial. An now I wish I bought some pokeballs cause I kind of want a Pidgey, guess I'll just have to try later on to get a Pidgey. I decided to trade over a Furfrou I had breed in my Y version. I loved using it in Y so much that I don't want to have to wait until it's available in-game. I ev trained it as well gave it Pokerus to spread to my other Pokemon. I went through Santalune Forest and caught a Pikachu. I made it to Santalune City and saved the game it's kind of late so this is just a short update.

Team
Froakie(Rana): Lv 10
Furfrou: Lv 4
Pikachu: Lv 3

shadowF

Just got the game today! I sred until I got a timid froakie and now I have it! That is all I did for today. Had to sr a lot of times though.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I got a Noibat off the GTS recently and the nature wasn't that great so I decided to breed it, but the process took to long so I went on the GTS again for another Noibat. Soon enough I got one and it was a German Noibat seven bad natures later I hatch a shiny Noibat! Sure its nature is Naughty but its better than the adamant,gentle,impish and relaxed ones I was getting xD

Team:
Pitt the Chesnaught level 46
Flambee the Charizard level 44
Dandi the Floette level 43
Floe the Lapras level 40
(Nickname soon to be given) Noibat level 1

Badges: 4

Miiju >w<

BluePingu

I am slowly trading off some Lv. 1 Goomy on Wonder Trade, secretly hoping someone will put up a shiny xD

If you get a Lv. 1 Goomy with Bubble, Dragon Breath, Rain Dance and Flail, that would be one of mine! :)

bobri28

Get your snacks
Just defeated the champion and have headed off to the friend safari! Not many friends for me to safari though...

I've also been doing some chain fishing, and am now the owner of 4 shinies, yay!

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
Decided I wanted to do a shiny hunt so went to route 21 looking for a scyther. First pokemon I run into is a shiny Ursaring!!!! First random encounter I've had in years!

Aquarelle

Staff member
On X, I have been spending most of my time trying to get my Y team prepared. I tried out the Battle Maison the other day in order to earn Battle Points for the power items. I beat the chatelaine in the single battles, but list quickly in the super singles. I have 50 something BP saved up so far IIRC.

The majority of my time has been spent on finding decent Ditto for breeding. I have been lucky enough to receive several Friend Safari Ditto over the GTS, which was very helpful. But, I still had to spend quite a lot of time in the Pokemon Village in order to get Ditto with certain Natures. I now have Ditto for each Nature I need right now, along with each 31 IV available amongst my Ditto collection.

Today, I began breeding for my Y team. I started a file on my Y, playing as the male character this time and starting with Fennekin.