• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Tried chain fishing but my luck wasn't there. So as I hunt male Ninetails to breed with my drought female Ninetails a shiny Magmar pops up. 2nd shiny I'v found both from friend safari. ASlo got a female shiny Japanese Skreklp of GTS. Good day.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After walking some more I met another Team Flare grunt and I battled them. I used my Litleo against their Gulpin and I beat it with Headbutt, then I switched to Inkay and I used it against the grunt's Electrike. I defeated the Electrike with Foul Play, then I found two more Team Flare grunts and Serena and I teamed up to battle them. Together we defeated their Scraggy and Croagunk and then I headed toward the center of Glittering Cave's basement and I finally encountered the scientist that I was supposed to find. He offered me a choice between the Jaw Fossil and the Sail Fossil and I chose the Sail Fossil since I wanted an Amaura later. I used an Escape Rope to leave the cave and I saved in Ambrette Town.

ShadowSaiyan

After i got myself a Shiny Gyarados yesterday in Friend Safari, a shiny Snover appeared just yet in Friend Safari! So now im proud owner of 2 shinies !

jegred2

Just caught a wild adamant Riolu, so far if the current IV calculator is correct it has a perfect 31 in Attack, Sp Attack, HP, and a 30 or 31 in defense. 20-29 in Sp defense and 7-16 in speed.

ebevan91

Iiiii just caught a third shiny from Victory Road...

... It seems so easy to get a shiny this gen, ahaha.

I haven't found one yet :(

Anyway, that bridge battle before getting to the 8th gym caught me off guard completely. Shauna's Chestnaught wiped out 5 of my Pokemon except for Delphox. Then I couldn't even heal before battling Tierno. Barely beat him. I had to use a few Revives just to do that. NOW I get healed lol. Thanks Trevor.

Shiny Espeon0429

Lorde

Back in Ambrette Town, I visited the Fossil Lab place in order to revive the Old Amber and Sail Fossil that I obtained from a scientist inside Glittering Cave. After getting my hands on Amaura and Aerodactyl, I received the Aerodactylite item and then I headed out and visited the local Pokemon Center and I deposited the Amaura in my PC before leaving Ambrette Town. I headed to the lower section of Route 8 after that and I arrived at a beach section near the shore of Ambrette Town. I picked up a Pearl in the sand, then I used Rock Smash on the rocks nearby. I found more wild Dwebble and eventually a wild Binacle which I caught. I fished with the Old Rod and I caught a wild Luvdisc in the water before continuing on.

richi3f

Bug Catcher
It's gonna take some time, but I'm soft resetting for a flawless (31/x/31/31/31/31) Timid Yveltal! I got a synchronizer, so it shouldn't take too long, right? I just want to catch it as soon as possible, so I can finish the main storyline and start breeding and toying with the safari!

Current Team
658.png
015.png
210.png
310.png
701.png
691.png

Lorde

I picked up a Mago Berry near a tree as I wandered around Route 8 and I spotted a Sky Trainer but I didn't get close to him since I had already been warned that his team was strong. As I wandered around the edge of the route I encountered a female Swimmer who gave me the Dowsing Machine item so I could locate items on the ground. I registered the item in the Key Items pocket and I continued to move around the route and I found hidden items like a Rare Candy, an Ultra Ball, a Stardust, and a Heart Scale. I headed north some more and battled against a couple of Swimmers and Fishermen, and I beat their Water-type Pokemon with Fletchinder, Pancham, and Pikachu. I then continued toward Cyllage City.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
I've put the shiny Honedge breeding-fest on hold for a bit; the tedium of seeing non-shiny after non-shiny pop out got to me after I finished filling Box 17.

Instead of that, I've been back at X, where I left off in Dendemille Town. Instead of progressing as I'd initially planned to do, I instead went to Lumiose City and managed to get into the Boutique Couture. Once I did that (and splurged a bit on a new outfit), I then went to the western coast of Kalos and tried my hand at chain fishing.

I was met with general failure. I could hook one Pokemon, but then another would bite instead... or I would cast, and not even a second later, 'Nothing seems to be biting...' It was ridiculous, really... I finally got fed up, caught a couple Clauncher (mostly to see if they were good). The female Clauncher had a less-than-ideal Nature, but the male had a Modest Nature - which I was more than alright with. Kept him, swapped out Blastoise so as not to have overlapping typing.

As I began to raise Clauncher (and Clawitzer, when he evolved), I began to recognize the sheer destructive potential he has. Soon, I was back on track with the story, using Clawitzer to fight instead of the rest of my team (I did switch to Gardevoir if/when I came across a Fairy-type or another sub-optimal type for the otherwise slow Clawitzer to face off against, though); he only had a couple to a few levels' advantage on my opponents, unlike the rest of my 70+ team by the time he was ready to actually fight.

Swept through Frost Cavern with ease - Clawitzer's Aura Sphere is just crazy strong with Mega Launcher - and made my way to Anistar City. Clawitzer shined like a diamond in there, switching out only when his Dark Pulse proved less-than-perfect against one of Olympia's Pokemon (I can't remember which off the top of my head). After that, I made my way through Lysandre's Lab, then moved on to Geosenge Town. Caught Xerneas, took out Lysandre with little trouble (Mega Gyarados took out Clawitzer with Outrage, to my surprise, but a switch to Gardevoir while it was still locked in Outrage made the fight laughably simple from there - accompanied with Dazzling Gleam, of course).

Back on the road to Couriway Town, I stopped in Terminus Cave and explored it a bit more than I had in Y. Sycamore's Venusaur gave Clawitzer trouble with Petal Dance, but it was nothing Gardevoir couldn't fix.

In Snowbelle City, I spent some time wandering around the Winding Forest, and later the Pokemon Village. Gained a couple levels with Clawitzer, who by then was at or around the 70 mark himself. When I returned for Wulfric, the entire Gym was Clawitzer's playground, courtesy of Aura Sphere once again.

Now, with 8 Badges to my name, I've begun preparations for my Pokemon League challenge.

This is because my team changed very drastically with the introduction of Clauncher/Clawitzer.

At first, it'd been simple enough - switch out Blastoise to make room for the new Water-type on my team, see where I go from there. Well, as it turned out, Clawitzer proved... remarkably strong compared to the rest of my team (Gogoat, Blaziken, Pidgeot). Before I set off for the Frost Cavern, I actually placed Gogoat and Pidgeot in the PC, to see if I still needed their types to cover holes in the team. As it turned out, Gardevoir's Magical Leaf was more than enough to handle any problems Gogoat would have addressed, while Clawitzer just hit hard enough to make Pidgeot look unnecessary for anything but Fly - I figured, however, that since I was continuing on my way, I wouldn't be Flying. I kept Blaziken on the team to handle Grass-types, and he stayed there... until I reached Snowbelle City. Once I got there, he was the single strongest Pokemon on my team (level 78, with Gardevoir at 77 and Clawitzer trailing a few levels behind). I didn't want him to get too ridiculously strong, so I boxed Blaziken until I could catch the other two up sufficiently.

Well, Clawitzer and Gardevoir proved a remarkably dangerous combination on their own, and even the things Blaziken previously dealt with were falling to one or the other. At this point, I have no plans to return Blaziken to the team for the League challenge.

At the same time, however, I know that only two Pokemon can't realistically hope to stand up to the entirety of the Elite Four - if they don't faint from lucky survivals/lucky hits, they'll likely run out of PP or close to that point, and I'm not particularly made of Ethers/Elixirs! I gave it some thought, and am presently Super Training a Timid Jolteon I bred (the absence of Flame Body is rather painful when breeding, I've noticed...). I'm wondering what else I can incorporate into the team in the meantime.

When I first visited the Battle Chateau in X, I left a Viscountess. I hadn't been back in quite some time, however, and while I was waiting for Eevee Eggs to hatch (or was it Aron? I can't remember, but at one point I did consider adding an Aggron to the team), I decided to return to the Battle Chateau. My team was empty, save for Gardevoir - I'd decided that by that point, Clawitzer (who had a level on Gardevoir) had had his fun for the time being, and Boxed him temporarily. With Gardevoir and a party of Eggs, I renewed my battles at the Battle Chateau.

I'd not been expecting their levels to be so ridiculously low, and it felt like bullying, really. Nonetheless, I kept fighting, in hopes that I would keep gaining ranks and find myself fighting stronger Trainers. I achieved the title of Countess so far, and have had a few battles since then. (Of course, when I had to stop so I could go to work, well...)

My X Team is as follows, then:

Gardevoir, L. 79 (Psychic, Thunderbolt (pending with Jolteon on the team), Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam)
Clawitzer, L. 80 (Surf, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse (may drop this one, considering Gardevoir's supreme coverage of Dragon-types...))
Jolteon, L. 1 (Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Covet) (in Super Training before I start leveling and considering moves to use)

These three are set in stone for me, but I'm still in a bit of a toss-up about the other three slots. I may bring Blaziken back to fill a fourth slot, but the speed at which he levels is... frightening, frankly.

crobatman

My recent adventure in Y version is just filling up my dex while enjoying Friend Safari. I enjoy seeing all the different types of pokemon I can get there. If you want to add my friend code just let me know later! Someone should let me know what my Friend Safari Type is.

Soon, I will be starting my X version.

Lorde

I arrived in Cyllage City and I spotted a Black Belt character. I went to the house east of him and I obtained the Whipped Dream item which would be important later since it would allow Swirlix to evolve during a trade. I headed out afterwards and I went north and I visited the local Pokemon Center. After healing my Pokemon there I went back outside and visited the Bike Shop. I spoke to the manager there and I answered his little quiz and picked up a green colored Bicycle for free. I purchased some Net Balls and Dusk Balls at a shop in town, and I spoke to a person inside one of the houses in town and they massaged one of my Pokemon and increased its happiness. I bought a Soda Pop north of the PC and saved.

NeoPhantos

Not much to report lately... Been farming berries trying to contact someone with Pokérus... Unfortunately it seems our play-times DO NOT coincide...

Then I went to check my PC Pokémon to play with Shedinja (it had 2 stars and cannot eat therefore can only raise affection by petting). I soon realized that his affection for me had lowered to 0 stars... Currently trying to take the tears out of my room with buckets...

Lesson: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR POKÉMON IN THE PC FOR TOO MUCH TIME OR AMIE RESETS!!!!!!

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Not much to report lately... Been farming berries trying to contact someone with Pokérus... Unfortunately it seems our play-times DO NOT coincide...

Then I went to check my PC Pokémon to play with Shedinja (it had 2 stars and cannot eat therefore can only raise affection by petting). I soon realized that his affection for me had lowered to 0 stars... Currently trying to take the tears out of my room with buckets...

Lesson: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR POKÉMON IN THE PC FOR TOO MUCH TIME OR AMIE RESETS!!!!!!

*comforts* It's your Pokemon's way of saying 'I like spending so much time with you, I want to do it all over again!' ...I think.

Wonder Trading in X has turned up a couple interesting finds. I got a Poochyena, a Lillipup, and... a Kabuto. The last of the three is one I'm looking at as a possible contender, but I'm torn because it means two Water-types in the team...

Sora

AKA Snagger Outlaw
I have grown attached to my little training project Larvesta (appropriately named Celestia) as it's helping me on my quest to breed a shiny Amaura. And then turn into a fiery sun god hellmoth.

But I finally got my first shiny from the idiotproof method of chain fishing. Unfortunately shiny Clauncher is being used as a bargaining chip for my ultimate goal: a shiny Skrelp.

Being addicted to Wondertrade has yielded mixed results. I now have more Froakies than I know what to do with and enough Bunnelby to feed my Noivern for a very long time. But I just release the trash. Doing my part as the Wondertrade maid.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Growing addicted to Super training with my second team. I could never understand or get into EV training before, but Super Training makes it kinda fun.