• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

osodangerous

went on gts looking for dratini traded for a staryu and got a perfect iv lvl 1 jolly dratini with pokerus and marvel scale!!!!

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the Pokedex today, I didn't get a lot done but a little at least. I added the following Pokemon to my Pokedex: Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Golduck, Gogoat, Pangoro, Dodrio, Swalot, Kadabra, Vileplume, Furret, Ninjask, Shedinja, Meowstic, Venipede, Whirlipede, Audino and Toxicroak. Might have forgotten some others, but I think these were all. Will continue tomorrow, hoping to get more done by then. I don't have a lot left on the Central Kalos dex, hoping to have done everything I can do on it within 2 days, but if not, it's not a big deal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating a Psychic on Route 11, I battled against a Battle Girl and I beat her Mienfoo with Fletchinder's Peck attack. As I wandered around the route I got a holo clip message from Professor Sycamore who wanted me to speak with the Evolution Guru in Shalour City. I continued forward and I cut down a bush and obtained the Rock Polish TM, then I had a Double Battle against some trainers who used Mr. Mime and Machoke. I defeated them with Frogadier and Inkay, then I found the entrance to Reflection Cave. I picked up the hidden Thunder Stone among some rocks before going inside, and I also battled against a Sky Trainer; the Sky Battle seemed pretty easy until the trainer used Emolga which gave me some trouble.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I made it to Lumiose City. After visiting the Pokemon Center, I went to the lab and met Prof. Sycamore. I defeated him in battle and obtained a Squirtle from him. Then, I left and met with Serena at a cafe. After that, I spent a lot of time exploring the city. I did some training at one of the restaurants and made a couple of PR videos. I then headed out to Route 5 and continued to Camphrier Town. I went to Shabboneau Castle for a while and then went to Route 7. However, a Snorlax is currently blocking the road so I am going up to the Parfum Palace next.

Kaiser94

Dragon maker
After leveling all my main team to lv 100 tried chai fishing and wow it is so easy within a period of literally 30 minutes I gained two shiny skrelp if anyone needs one I'm looking or other shiny kalos pokemon bit wow after doing that I proceded to finish the looker quests and then finally finished of evolving new kalosian pokemon

Lorde

After I beat all the trainers on Route 11, I decided to explore the tall grass since I hadn't really battled the Pokemon that were found in the area. I caught a wild Chingling and a Dedenne for my collection, then I encountered a Stunky horde. After beating the other Stunky's I caught the last one and then I headed into Reflection Cave. Once inside the cave I battled a Backpacker and I beat their Linoone with Pancham. I then encountered a fork in the cave and I took one path and found a Nest Ball. I back tracked a bit and battled a Battle Girl and her Fighting-type Pokemon. After that I spent about 15 minutes just going in circles looking for wild Pokemon to catch; I saved after catching a Woobat and a Solosis.

Verasi

So far into post-game, I've found all the mega stones, captured Mewtwo and Zapdos (now I need to find Zygarde, though that can wait), earning a huge sum money at Battle Chateau, and collecting Power Items needed for breeding. So today, things have been slow since I started breeding Pokemon and already my boxes are getting too full already. I may need to clean it out.

EV trained my Gourgeist after a week long hiatus. Now I'm off to the 7th gym!

Lorde

I wandered around Reflection Cave some more and I picked up a Moon Stone. I encountered and caught a Carbink and a Ferroseed as I moved around more and as I passed one of the reflective mirror-esque walls, I was spotted by an Ace Trainer and I battled them. I beat her Doduo with Pikachu, her Granbull with Frogadier, and her Helioptile with Inkay. I continued down to the basement level of the cave afterwards. I healed my Pokemon after speaking with a Pokemon Breeder and I battled a Tourist and then I found the Black Belt item. I met up with Tierno eventually and I got the Flash TM from him. I battled more trainers as I moved along the floor of the cave and I kept searching for the exit to Shalour City.

Finally caught that Articuno in the Sea Spirit's Den. Upon walking back outside, I immediately traded it for a Xerneas on the GTS. (Thanks, Australian guy.) And now, counting what'll be available to me from the Pokémon Bank after Christmas, I've essentially re-completed my Pokédex, except for Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, and whatever new Events they'll reveal in the near future. (Well, unless a lot of those other legendaries traded online prove to be illegitimate.)

I really appreciate how they set up the legendaries this generation. There's only one guy you need to trade for, if you have the legendary birds from previous generations. Then there are going to be some people who want to collect all three birds, so they'll be willing to trade off one of their current-generation legendaries. And so it's that easy for myself, just wanting Xerneas to re-complete my Pokédex. A lot easier than I remember getting Reshiram and Tornadus being.

Lorde

I caught a wild Wobbuffet inside Reflection Cave as I looked around for the exit, then I headed down to the next level of the cave to explore that section. I found an Earth Plate and as I moved past one of the mirror walls I spotted an opening and found the Gyro Ball TM. I caught a Mr. Mime as I moved around some more and I headed back to the main cave and I went up the stairs and arrived in Shalour City at long last. Once there I visited some houses around the city and obtained the Soothe Bell which raised a Pokemon's happiness, and also some Stardusts from a girl who wanted to see a Psychic or Flying-type Pokemon. I then visited the Pokemon Center since my Pokemon were quite injured from all the battling.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
People are so nice on PSS! I'm breeding Gible and I keep getting Hatching O-Powers from people. Thanks anyone who may be doing this :)

Rakansen

ラルフ
I really appreciate how they set up the legendaries this generation. There's only one guy you need to trade for, if you have the legendary birds from previous generations. Then there are going to be some people who want to collect all three birds, so they'll be willing to trade off one of their current-generation legendaries. And so it's that easy for myself, just wanting Xerneas to re-complete my Pokédex. A lot easier than I remember getting Reshiram and Tornadus being.

Hmm, interesting, I think I'll trade my Articuno for a Yveltal on the GTS, since I can just transfer another one from SoulSilver.

:::

To my surprise, the Charmander I deposited for a Lv. 30 Ditto on the GTS was actually traded off in less than 24 hours. A kind player from Japan gave me a Ditto with 31 IVs in Speed and Defense, which is great if I want to hatch Shiny Pokémon through the Masuda Method. I deposited another Charmander for a Ditto, and I'm thinking of continuing this process until I get a Ditto for every stat.

Eirrinn

Kalos Champion
Finally finished training my goodra. goomy is love goomy is life. no shinies yet, sadly. I seemed to have more luck finding shinies in the old games.

Lorde

I encountered Mr. Bonding at the Pokemon Center after I healed my Pokemon and I received the Critical Power O-Power. I went to the Poke Mart section of the Pokemon Center afterwards to stock up on items, and I noticed that TMs were being sold. I only bought the Dig TM though since it wasn't as expensive as the others, then I left the Pokemon Center. I decided to use the Thunder Stone on my Pikachu outside; I had previously decided to wait until later to use it on Helioptile, but I wanted a stronger team now so I finally got Raichu. I went north after obtaining the Eviolite item in a house, and I met Tierno and Trevor once again. After comparing Pokedexes, I was told to visit the Tower of Mastery north of the city.

YonaNoveau

Just decided to try Wonder Trade, out of curiosity. So I put a Lv2 Fletching and received a Lv45 Gengar. Kinda feel bad for the other player

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Just decided to try Wonder Trade, out of curiosity. So I put a Lv2 Fletching and received a Lv45 Gengar. Kinda feel bad for the other player

It happens an awful lot. I tend to throw my extras from breeding in there... well minus a few rare/DW pokemon.

Anyways I had a decent day. I obtained some kee berries after my first failed attempt from my berry patch. I also added a lot of other players to my friend safari, I guess larvesta is rare /shrug. I managed to get a dw wartortle and charmeleon as well as a few others as well thanks to my new friends. The last thing I done so far was to raise my aegislash to level 100. I think I'll wonder trade some excess eevee of mine and head to bed /yawn.

Now if only that road construction near my house would stop... I'd finally be able to get a good night's rest.

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Finally got a Froakie with 31/31/31/31/x/31!

Now I'm hoping to breed a lot so I can trade multiple offspring and trade it for Japanese Versions.

Would it throw me off if I just breed a Female with the above + Japanese Friend Safari Protean Froakie with 2 Perfect IV's?

Shooting for a Shiny.

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Man, I'm nut sure if it's luck or something else, but tonight I just caught yet another shiny Pokemon: Druddigon. :)

Found it in the Friend Safari looking for one with Mold Breaker.

Klay

Titan Tamer
I've finished to breed inkay
Now I have a Inkay with 31/31/31/x/31/31 Careful Nature with Contrary. Ive balanced the EV point to make it able to take some hit! Now i use another inkay with the same iv to breed a Barnicle. Ive put togeter this inkay with a wingul, after the wingul with the IV will be put with a omaster then the good omastar offspring will be put with barnicle. All Hail Destiny Knot!