• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Made many transfer from X version, now all I need to have to complete the Kalos Dex is Squirtle and its evolutions and Moltres. After that I would obtained all 454 + Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Anorith, Armaldo, Lileep, Cradily, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos, and Rampardos. In total: 466 pokemon would be acquired. Can't get the others, since I don't have WiFi or the Poke Transfer App.

Bariokie

rock dog
Made many transfer from X version, now all I need to have to complete the Kalos Dex is Squirtle and its evolutions and Moltres. After that I would obtained all 454 + Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Anorith, Armaldo, Lileep, Cradily, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos, and Rampardos. In total: 466 pokemon would be acquired. Can't get the others, since I don't have WiFi or the Poke Transfer App.

Go to the fc exchange thread.
Let people add you.
Write down allll their fc's.
Go to the mc donals, shopping place whatever and register them. ^^

Kurry

Poor Rango! Good luck with the Nuzlocke (I only had the guts to do one in HeartGold, failed miserably)!

Thank you. :) Sylveon has really been my saving grace throughout this challenge run though. Have had several nasty encounters with Pokemon like Sawk and Hawlucha that came close to wrecking my team. Easily my favorite eeveelution.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After finally completing the Lumiose City Gym's quiz and beating the Gym trainers within, I got to challenge Clemont. I used my Malamar against his Emolga first, but Emolga used Volt Switch before I could attack and Clemont sent out his Magneton. That ruined my strategy so I switched out to Pyroar and I defeated his Magneton with Pyroar's Flame Charge. Once Magneton was defeated, Clemont used Emolga again and I used Pyroar against it and I finally got to attack it with Fire Fang which was enough to beat that annoying Emolga. All that remained was Clemont's Heliolisk and I used Pangoro against it. Pangoro used Body Slam and Circle Throw against Heliolisk and got hurt by Thunderbolt, but eventually it won.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I finally got to play my Pokemon X version on my new 2DS. Yes I have a 2DS, they are cheap and actually I really like holding it. The 2DS rocks. Anyway I started with Fennekin and named it Mozilla. I was able to beat Viola get her badge using Mozilla and Fletchling who I just gave the simple name Robin, pretty easy win. Got up to the Battle Chateau to win lots of money thanks to the Amulet Coin I got at the mansion, and now I'm really overleveled at the moment so Gym 2 will be easy. My last event was getting the Jaw Fossil after first meeting Team Flare. Yes, I'm really behind everyone else who's playing XD

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Finally! After two Full Playthroughs and 1 almost half Playthrough I got my first shiny in Gen 6: A Slowpoke! Its just a lighter shade but it looks cool. Hope I'll keep getting lucky

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Finally picked up Y again. Just beat Ramos and caught my 6th Pokemon, a Shellder. Training Shellder up to catch up with my other 5 Pokemon. :)

Blazing Charmander

My last update here was just after I had cleared the 7th Gym in Anistar City. Well today I finally registered in the Hall of Fame after a journey that lasted a whopping 43 hours, which as I have mentioned before is probably because Pokemon Amie substantially padded out my gameplay time. Everything in my playthrough is probably what you would describe as normal for a Pokemon X/Y playthrough, but one thing worth noting is that I found my first Gen VI shiny after beating Team Flare and catching Xerneas - a Durant with green eyes in Terminus Cave! It was completely unexpected and i'm now going to nurture it to death with Pokemon Amie. >:)

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing X so far. The game has felt like a complete breath of fresh air for the Pokemon series due to the move to 3D and, despite the linearity of the story compared to past titles, the characters and the overworld have been more expressive than anything seen to date on the main handheld games. I'm now looking forward to discovering the Kalos region's many other mysteries within its post-game. So far I have traded my Riolu for Shauna's Froakie as a mark of our friendship and I have visited Kiloude City after Professor Sycamore gave me the rail pass to go there. I have also received the Pokeradar as well as the Ampharosite that I missed during the main adventure.

Current Team (Hall of Famers):
Chesnaught
Pidgeot
Raichu
Blastoise
Tyrantrum
Espeon

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the Pokedex, added the following Pokemon to it today: Starmie, Cloyster, Heliolisk, Makuhita, Skuntank, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Wynaut, Exeggutor, Huntail, Diglett, Vibrava, Flygon, Garchomp, Shuckle, Wooper, Arbok, Whiscash, Purrloin, Lampent, Avalugg, Jynx, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Aggron, Pupitar, Noivern and Togepi. My Coastal Dex is almost as complete as it can be for now, the only one I am missing is Chimecho, I'm hoping to get it tomorrow. Had hoped to get it today, but my Chingling hadn't gotten a high enough Happiness level yet, so I will try to bond with it more tomorrow and make it evolve. As soon as I have it, I will have everything in the Coastal Dex that I can get for now except all legendaries and trade evolutions (not counting Huntail as it is the only one I have). I did technically start on the Mountain Dex today, I have over 90 species obtained on it so far and I don't think it will take too long to complete what I can do on it. It seems like completing the Mountain Dex will require more breeding than the previous two, so that might make it go even faster to complete. I also continued looking for Mega Stones in a few more areas in the evening, found the Scizorite which I think is the last one I can get for the moment. I also did a trade with Diantha in Lumiose, she gave me a Ralts holding the Gardevoirite, but that is the one Mega Stone I will never use so it doesn't matter. Will continue on the Pokedex tomorrow.

Lorde

After beating Gym Leader Clemont I received the Voltage Badge and the Thunderbolt TM from him and I headed back out of the Lumiose City Gym. As I headed out of the Prism Tower I got a call from Professor Sycamore. I was supposed to head over to the Lysandre Cafe so I quickly headed over there. Once there I obtained the King's Rock item from Lysandre. After that was done I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I prepared to head out to Route 14. As I prepared to pass through the gate I encountered Serena again and we battled once more. I used my Pangoro's Payback against her Meowstic, then Power-Up Punch against Absol. Then finally, I beat her Chesnaught with Talonflame's Fly attack.

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
Beat the E4 recently. Now doing whatever I feel like in the post game! Already have all the Power items from the Battle Maison and fully EV trained my Naive Torchic with 252 ATK/252 Spd/4 Def and is now a level 58 (or something) Blaziken. Been exploring the online possibilities, traded for something with Pokérus and visited a few Friend Safari's, which got me a Pupitar! Awesome, as it's unavailable in the X version.

My E4 party is at the following levels right now:

Greninja - 92
Talonflame - 88
Gardevoir - 89
Heliolisk - 90
Tyrantrum - 84
Nidoking - 88

Kurry

Just swept the Shalour City gym with my amazing anti-fighting type team so far.

Janine the Frogadier
Screebit the Crobat
Merriweather the female Mr. Mime Caught at Reflection Cave
Pudding the Sylveon
Cleo the Litleo
Olivia the Gloom

Traveled to the top of Mastery Tower and defeated Korrina yet again, thus gaining the power to use Mega Evolution and a Lucario that I named Samson. Debating whether or not I should consider Mega Lucario as a legitimate part of the nuzlocke run. I feel like the mega form will be just too OP.. :/

I also ventured to route 12 and caught a female Slowpoke I nicknamed Loredana.

Last edited:

Lorde

After beating Serena at Route 14 - aka, Laverre Nature Trail - I continued to explore the area and I picked up a Rare Candy near a swing set and continued moving around. I arrived at a swampy-esque area and I battled a Pokemon Ranger. I bet their Arbok and Pyroar and then I collected a Tiny Mushroom near a log, then a Big Mushroom and a Cleanse Tag as I journeyed around the swamp. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and their Goomy, then a Hex Maniac and her Litwick and Haunter which Malamar beat with Foul Play. I battled another Pokemon Ranger and a Fairy Tale Girl who used Floette and Slurpuff, then I cut down a tree and reached the Will-O-Wisp TM. I then picked up a Roseli Berry and saved.

MasterImpsy

I've been trying to catch and evolve many pokes for my pokedex. I've also been trying to breed for really good Pichu which I got last night!
Max Sp.Atk and Spd.(I know not wonderful but for me it's fantastic!) I just finished EV training him and now I'm gonna level him up.
Pichu is also REALLY cute in Pokemon-Amie. I can't wait until Pokebank comes out. I really mess my shiny Scraffy in W2

Finally got my aron with a nest ball and currently finishing off getting it's IV's perfect, plus with some egg moves to allow me to be flexible with the move sets to run. My wi-fi team is almost ready now and I'm really pleased to get my starting team going and it's also something I can use for the battle mansion, which will be very helpful.

Next stop, the kalos dex!

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
OH MY GOD!!! I went to catch Mewtwo and on my first turn I threw a regular Pokeball at him and I caught him!

Luckiest catch ever

(Also had no capture powers)

Last edited:

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
After taking a break for a couple weeks, I've decided to pick the game back up and work on the Kalos dex. I'm starting with the Central Kalos dex, and I've caught around 50 of the guys so far.

Also looking at grinding in the Battle Maison, but I've not found a lead I like enough to risk breaking my streak.