• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

MasterImpsy

I'm pretty much still building a team to battle with on Wifi. I found out last night that I accidentally traded away an Pichu I was gonna train and I had to breed another one. Now I"m pretty much leveling up Pokes and trying to get battle points.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As I moved around Route 15 I found a Net Ball in another clump of leaves and then I battled a Hex Maniac. I defeated her Chimecho with Pangoro's Payback attack, then I moved into the tall grass and I caught a wild Pawniard and a Skorupi. I continued to move around and I jumped off a ledge and I picked up a Leppa Berry by a tree. I then battled another Pokemon Ranger. I beat his Watchog, Swoobat, and Seadra with Pangoro and Raichu, then I encountered another Ranger and I beat his Gabite with Malamar. As I moved towards a river on Route 15, another Pokemon Ranger showed up out of the leaves and I beat him as well. As I moved close to the water, I fished with a Good Rod and caught a Basculine.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I spending some time organizing my PC, I've gotten lot's of duplicates from wonder trading.
I'm going through and finding the one's with the best IV's, natures, or hidden ability. I think I'm just gonna release them instead of trying my luck on Wonder Trade.
After that then I'll finish up breeding my team and finally get started on playing wi-fi battles.

Austratus

a paper man
I'm working through the Battle Chateau--
I swear there's a robot maid. Like, I'm just getting into my second battle with her right now.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Shiny Larvesta hunt has been uneventful. I've gotten the Larvesta I picked to fill the team until I do get a shiny to evolve into Volcarona. Spending so much time with this particular Larvesta/now-Volcarona has me attached to it, and I may just give up the shiny hunt. (He's helped me hatch so many Eggs, it seems almost... cruel to just box him for a shiny counterpart...)

I cannot, for the life of me, get a Dusk Stone from the Aegislash Balloon in Super Training. I have tried and tried and tried, but I always miss what I'm assuming to be the 'target' time for the stone (I'm assuming the 'target' time for a Dusk Stone, or any other evolutionary Stone, is 2:40 left on the clock; closest I've gotten is 2:38.9). I'm starting to think of other options, should I be completely unable to obtain a Dusk Stone, and thus be 'locked out' of my Aegislash option for the team. To that end, I bred a Carbink, whose defenses are pretty solid and have made me consider using it in the past (I boxed it once I found out it doesn't evolve, but times change, as do circumstances). Well, apparently I wasn't aware of it until after I woke up (yes, I dozed off hatching Carbink Eggs...)... but MM prevailed, and I have a shiny Carbink that I'm definitely keeping on the team. I've gotten said Carbink to roughly level 19.

Had a particularly interesting encounter on the route between Snowbelle City and the gate to Victory Road. Apparently, I hadn't battled the duo of Ace Trainers there... and so my then-60 Volcarona and then-4 shiny Carbink were thrown into battle against a 57 Vileplume and... 57 Wailord.

I was not pleased with the 'ambush' (though if I'd taken it upon myself to challenge them the first time around, it wouldn't have been an issue...).

Vileplume fell pretty quickly to Volcarona's extremely powerful Flamethrower, and because of Pokemon Amie, he evaded Wailord's Water Spout.

Carbink was not so fortunate, and fell like... well, a rock. (Ba-dum-tsh.) For whatever reason, Wailord then used Amnesia - apparently the threat of Flamethrower (Volcarona's only current Special attack) was such that Amnesia was called for. It worked to my advantage, though; used Quiver Dance three times to Wailord's triple Amnesia, in preparation for another attempted Water Spout. The attempt never came, and instead Wailord used Dive.

Thus began a 'trade'. I used Fly to avoid Dive, then hit Wailord; once the damage had been done to it, it Dove again, to which I responded with Fly once more.

It was an interesting battle, to be sure, especially since Volcarona and Carbink were my only 2 Pokemon on the team at that point, and if Wailord had chosen to hit Volcarona with something different, I would definitely have blacked/whited (don't remember which it is in X/Y) out.

I never thought it'd be so tough to find a decent Rapid Spinner to counteract any Stealth Rock users that would jeopardize Volcarona's safety in Wi-Fi battles... all I have so far, though, is a Wartortle. I wouldn't mind a Starmie, but I don't think Staryu/Starmie are available in Y...? I'd have to double-check. For all my Wonder Trading, my pickings for Rapid Spin users have been pretty non-existent... (I caught the Wartortle in Friend Safari). I kind of hoped Inkay could learn it, and even bred a female Inkay with the male Wartortle, but the resulting Egg had no such inheritance (I mostly just wanted to have some fun with the Contrary ability, and have been giving the Contrary Shuckle I got from Wonder Trading a thought, too).

I can't seem to make up my mind for the Pokemon I want to... 'represent' me, I suppose is the term. Volcarona, Carbink/Aegislash are givens for me, but beyond them... I'm not sure. I'm considering an Adamant Crobat, if only to abuse the high Speed of Crobat and the potent Poison-type moves it has available against the Fairy type; I'm also considering a Modest Goomy with Gooey, but I'm not entirely sure just yet... An alternative to Crobat is Gengar, but the general lack of 'reliable' trading partners to evolve a Haunter into Gengar is... discouraging. It's also for this reason I'm not actively planning to use an Adamant Scizor, which I would be more than fine with doing.

In short, shiny Carbink, an eventful Double Battle, and indecision on team composition is what I've been 'up to' lately.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I backtracked a bit in order to pick up a PP Up, then I encountered a Lombre in the water as I Surfed and I caught it. I then caught a wild Mightyena in the tall grass near the river's shore and I continued past the little bridge across the river. I passed some small ruins behind two girls as I headed east and I used Rock Smash to break a rocky wall apart and reach a Protein. As I went around I was challenged by the two girls who were apparently Mysterious Sister class trainers. I battled and beat their Drifblim and Floette and then I received a Holo Clip from Lysandre. I backtracked a bit again and Surfed on some water and caught a wild Floatzel. I then arrived outside some bigger ruins and some tall grass and flowers.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I took a gander on the GTS a couple of days ago. Not really looking for anything, I looked at the Torchic's trading section. After the obligatory removal of insane legendary demands, I saw that most of them weren't asking for insane trades. I took a few of them, seeing if I can use them to breed a better Torchic. Two of them stood out: both Adamant with the Speed Boost ability, one having perfect HP and SPEED with the "KOR" tag and one perfect on ATK, DEF, SpDEF, and SPEED from "JAP".

After I finally got my own Adamant Speed Boost HP-ATK-DEF-SpDEF-SPEED Torchic, I decided to take it a little further. As they were both considered "Foreign" species, I decided to continue breeding them, seeing if the Masuda Method will finally break my Shiny Arenjee Curse.

It took quite some time, but welcome to the world, Shiny Speed Boost Torchic!

ShinyTorchic_zpsebfd5823.jpg

It's Adamant with perfect ATK-DEF-SpDEF-SPEED. It's not perfect on the HP side, but it will do, it will do indeed. I can't wait to train him to "shiningly" blaze through the battlefield ^_^

Caught a shiny Shuckle yesterday, Weeee!!! My second shiny EVER! The last was a shiny golbat in Pokémon Crystal :p

KamFTW

Banned
Back to some X this morning...
found out my third pokemon in my safari is Braixen. Which is cool, I guess. Lol
Anyways, I kept training up Hippowdon's HP stat to get him ready for wifi battling. Gotta finish Gengar's Speed stat as well. Just started really using the Super Training feature more since it keeps raining on Route 8 so I cant sweet scent hordes of Wingull. So yeah. Thats pretty much it.

Aetius

Yesterday I caught another Shiny and it was a Palpitoad!
Its nature sucks, but you can't have everything in life. XD
I also tried playing the SVT and it was pretty entertaining. :)
As for today, I will finally complete all the breeding for the dèx filling and I will start training all the Pokèmon that I bred. :D

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I was exploring Parfum Palace ,and a portrait of the King is in one of the rooms on the Top Floor,the text says this … "There's a portrait of someone on the wall.Perhaps it's the King who built the palace? It somehow reminds you of AZ…

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I was exploring Parfum Palace ,and a portrait of the King is in one of the rooms on the Top Floor,the text says this … "There's a portrait of someone on the wall.Perhaps it's the King who built the palace? It somehow reminds you of AZ…

Really? The speech bubble says that? Hmmm I guess I should re-visit some of the places...

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Really? The speech bubble says that? Hmmm I guess I should re-visit some of the places...

I am as surprised as you are,hinting very slightly on sequels

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I took a gander on the GTS a couple of days ago. Not really looking for anything, I looked at the Torchic's trading section. After the obligatory removal of insane legendary demands, I saw that most of them weren't asking for insane trades. I took a few of them, seeing if I can use them to breed a better Torchic. Two of them stood out: both Adamant with the Speed Boost ability, one having perfect HP and SPEED with the "KOR" tag and one perfect on ATK, DEF, SpDEF, and SPEED from "JAP".

After I finally got my own Adamant Speed Boost HP-ATK-DEF-SpDEF-SPEED Torchic, I decided to take it a little further. As they were both considered "Foreign" species, I decided to continue breeding them, seeing if the Masuda Method will finally break my Shiny Arenjee Curse.

It took quite some time, but welcome to the world, Shiny Speed Boost Torchic!

ShinyTorchic_zpsebfd5823.jpg

It's Adamant with perfect ATK-DEF-SpDEF-SPEED. It's not perfect on the HP side, but it will do, it will do indeed. I can't wait to train him to "shiningly" blaze through the battlefield ^_^

Oh wow, congrats! I've been doing the same, but 1750 eggs still with no luck. :/ I'm also going with Adamant, and the both parents have perfect HP, Att, Def, Sp. Att and Sp. Def, with one having perfect Speed as well. Hopefully those work for me, or at the very least, Attack and Speed. Not going to bother with Speed Boost or Baton Pass, though, since I'm breeding this guy specifically to be a standard Mega Blaziken sweeper.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Well, now that I've finished the game's main quest I've been going around in search of the Mega Stones. Also been catching some random Pokémon to try and EV train using Super Training, just to experiment with some team combinations I haven't tried before. I have a feeling the current Pokémon in my party Pokémon will soon start being left out on the PC.
Aside from that, I've also been EV training my legendaries, even though I have absolutely no intention of using them in online battles. I guess it's just to have them being powerfull, if someone ever wants to uber battle with me.
Been waiting for Pokémon Bank, too. Some of my old friends are just begging to be used in 3D! And to be properly EV trained, for once!

I think I have shiny fever! I catched some so far, yesterday I tried chain fishing for shiny clauncher but had no luck and today some girl just trades me one haaha! :D

Deraj

Frigid Trainer
Last night, in a bout of Shiny Fever, I went into a friend Safari with a Modest Synchronize Gardevoir, and started doing what I do.
For five hours. In search of a Shiny Kirlia
Three and a half hours in, I'm half asleep, look away from the screen to look at the video I'm half-watching. Notice a shiny sparkle from the 3DS, and lo and behold-
Modest Shiny Mawile. -Facepalm- Literally the worst nature you can get for a Mawile. Caught it in a Luxury Ball, though, (Since that's kind of my thing) and have it sitting pretty as an open offer in the trade forum. Good for collectors, bad for the more competitive among us.
It's adorable, but I can't really use it in battles. (Which is what I kinda wanna start getting into.) So, back to the grindstone later tonight, looking for that Shiny Kirlia, after I restock on Luxury Balls.

HollowZard

Hello there! x3
Well just finished training my Adamant Aegislash (Zangetsu), and some guy was trading shinies for mega stones I traded my Aggronite for a shiny naughty Inkay and my houndoomite (with a shiny clauncher) for a Shiny Timid Charizard it has 31 IV in sp. attack and speed! So stoked about it!.

Storm07

PkmnTCG07
Tried out the chain fishing for the first time today, and managed to find a shiny Clawitzer, my 3rd shiny on X. Also on a current streak of 11 in Super Singles at the Battle Maison using Noivern, Lucario and Greninja.
Shiny Encounter Video:
[video=youtube;3Z-RNw3GV9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-RNw3GV9Y[/video]