• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

sunny phoenix

Nice rhyme xD
Yeah, I hate Malva, but it's more the Probopass with its Sturdy ability, as every other Pokemon I can OHKO, but Probopass usually ends up using Earth Power on my Blaziken to kill it (as it usually has low health anyway due to constantly using Brave Bird). Also, Gyarados' Intimidate isn't helpful.

so the hate is because they are difficult??
i am the opposite, i dont like kalos gym leaders and elite 4 cause all were way to easy.......... (although this time E4 had the best design imo except the champion of course i hate her design)

Thundorz

Magma Maestro
so the hate is because they are difficult??
i am the opposite, i dont like kalos gym leaders and elite 4 cause all were way to easy.......... (although this time E4 had the best design imo except the champion of course i hate her design)

Not because they're difficult, just because when training, it's 10 times quicker if they all got OHKO'd. Don't get me wrong, I'd love them to be difficult, as I also found the story quite easy, it's just it's hardER to defeat them with only one decent Pokemon.

I find it more rewarding to grind at the Chateau with a Lucky Egg and a Black Writ, instead of wasting my energy grinding at the League, returning home, having to bike back thru Santalune Forest, get my flyer out, rinse and repeat, ad infinitum. It's worth the effort to obtain Grand Duke/Duchess, the Black Writ is a gold mine for exp.

I played around with my Heliolisk in Amie today, just to try the feature out. Got my little lizard to three hearts before realizing that Amie takes up way too much of my time! Also, he likes to be rubbed low on his belly, which I'm like, "ew, don't make me touch you there... -_-" Unlocked Hardmode in all the minigames, but can't get past it.

Madcap

Part-Time Breeder
Started a new breeding project last night, Adamant Tyrunt with 5IV and 4 egg moves, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, and Poison Fang. Had a 0IV Adamant female from early breeding for trades, bred the egg moves, then leveled the first female offspring at the restaurant so I wouldn't lose any egg moves while breeding. First egg with my max IV Charizard was a 5IV female. Back to the restaurant with it. :D

I really need to go through my boxes and release a bunch of pokemon; I've been running with almost completely filled boxes since I beat the E4. Tough to have enough room for breeding projects when I can barely clear a box at a time.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
The Audino Ladies in the Chateau give better experience, and the Elite Four when they appear there are better sparring partners. I've got around 10 mid 90s (not including my 100 Battle Box) just from training there, including Xerneas; I just really didn't want to make them 100 as then I would have no reason to use them anymore.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Keeping on my track for Sassy Goomy. I guess I am too lazy to find a Sassy Ditto as I know that will help me out. I might go out and look for a sassy ditto to help me for my breeding hunt.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Restarted my game...
Second soft reset, got a Adamant nature Chespin.
Got a Jolly Gale Wing Fletchling and Jolly Gible with Outrage, i might PC that for a little bit.

Active team
Chespin Level 9
Fletchling level 1

Back up's
Gible

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
So my National Pokedex in Y is currently 553 caught, so I'm only 43 away from completing the current obtainable pokemon list (596). Hope to finish it before PokeBank comes out!

I don't think I've ever hated an Elite 4 so much, not even in Black and White... Oh well, at least they have high-leveled Pokemon to train against.

There's only 596 pokes? Have to tell my brother-he's trying to complete it too..

Beat grant this morning with my tyrunt. Only 8 levels from evolving, and 4 hearts in amie!

I've been working on hatching a perfect Gollet for a few hours. Some of the ones that aren't so hot, I've been wonder trading. One wonder trade got me a perfect Gothita (31/31/31/31/x/31), so there's that! Another one got me a solid, if unremarkable Litwick (31/x/x/31/x/31) which I may breed later. Um, I'm building up a Battle Maison team which will not be replacing my general party (though it's probably going to overlap). This is the first game I've tried breeding in and it's a lot of work, honestly.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I am now done catching, evolving, and breeding everything in my game except the ones I need 2 3ds's for and the last legendary. I'm not catching the kant legendary birds since they are really difficult being roaming. I have them on white 2 so...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After healing my team at the Anistar City Pokemon Center, I flew back to Lumiose City since I had to visit Lysandre Cafe. Once in Lumiose City I spotted a Team Flare grunt near the cafe, and I spoke to someone inside who turned out to be a Team Flare grunt too. After beating his Scrafty I spoke to the other person inside the cafe who was also a Team Flare grunt in disguise and I battled her Liepard. Once I had beaten her I used the password from the other grunt and I unlocked a hidden door behind a shelf. I arrived inside of Lysandre Labs. I encountered Lysandre by the entrance and I battled him. I beat his Mienfoo and Murkrow with Talonflame, then his Pyroar with Greninja and his Gyarados with my Raichu.

Aosoth

Howdy. I have been having a problem with trying to reset Pokemon Y after I beat the game. I tried the UP+B+X and when I click yes to delete the game it freezes. I also have the Version 1.1 patch for it. I don't know what's going on with it. The game is in perfect condition. Can anybody help me with this?

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Got my Arcanine and Electivire EV'd and trained to level 45 and 50 respectively for my mono-team (in this case, mono meaning that each Poke is one type).

Random comment: Iron Fist needs a buff to 50%.

Kalosian

So long
Pokedex additions for today: Clefairy, Parasect, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Forretress, Donphan, Hitmontop, Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, Dustox, Shiftry, Shroomish, Numel, Cacnea, Cradily, Dusclops, Glalie, Walrein, Metang, Shinx, Shellos, Bronzor, Happiny, Togekiss, Froslass, Musharna, Pidove, Tympole, Sewaddle, Leavanny, Lilligant, Cinccino, Deerling and Joltik. I did all breeding (I hope) for Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, and I evolved those that evolve through stones from these regions. I also evolved most Pokemon I can evolve through normal means from Kanto and Johto and a couple that evolve through happiness. Will continue tomorrow, I don't have much left but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to finish everything tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I visited all the buildings in Anistar City and talked to everyone. Then, I decided to go do the Gym. When I reached the Gym, though, Serena appeared and battled me. Her team was no problem for my Clawitzer and Mawile. Inside the Gym, I had to take a whole bunch of paths and warps in order to reach the Gym Leader. It took me some time to explore the entire Gym, making sure that I didn't miss any trainers. Olympia was not that difficult for me to beat - Mawile took care of her team with little trouble. I obtained a badge and also the TM for Calm Mind, which I taught to a couple of my Pokemon.

NotChip

®™
After my attempt to obtain an Aromatissie through the GTS, by putting up a modest Ditto, failed horribly, I've now just left it there for the heck of it and now asking for a "Mewthree" for it. lol

Mi-tan

Bit of an odd thing happened a little while ago. I was in one of the boggy routes - not the one with the Scary House, one a bit further than that (and near Anistar City if I recall correctly) and running through a marshy area when my game froze. "Froze" meaning music and rain FX still kept on playing, but no buttons worked and I had to turn the 3DS off. Thankfully I didn't lose much progress, since I'm in the middle of breeding Vulpixes and not doing much else. I just lost a Torkoal that I'd caught, but managed to catch a Pancham after I restarted, so it's all good, I guess. Just not sure why it happened....

On a happier note, I got the chance to completely redo my outfit and hairstyle for a second time, since the first one was lost with the crash! So now I have short brunette hair instead of bobbed blonde. Also I'm earning plenty of money from the Battle Chateau as I do my breeding. xD

Shiny Budew

Got a Skrelp off the GTS in exchange for an HA Fennekin from Wonder Trade.

Currently EV training my Frogadier in Speed while trying to steal Light Balls from Pikachu. I've gotten one so far, which isn't bad.