• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
Just completed all 3 Kalos Dexes, got a cool item from the Prof that'll definitely help for my competitive battling.

ebevan91

No friends/siblings with the game?

No siblings that play and I only know 1 guy in person that plays.

I still think I'm going to restart. I don't really have anything valuable anyways.

Last edited:
Fooled around in Amie again today, maxed out Heliolisk's affection and got my Azumarill to two hearts. Resorted to playing normal-mode minigames to improve my scores, instead of grinding away at hard mode to try to unlock unlimited. Azumarill likes her chest rubbed, idk how to react to that. :I

NotChip

®™
Bit of an odd thing happened a little while ago. I was in one of the boggy routes - not the one with the Scary House, one a bit further than that (and near Anistar City if I recall correctly) and running through a marshy area when my game froze. "Froze" meaning music and rain FX still kept on playing, but no buttons worked and I had to turn the 3DS off.

In these boggy routes your character can get stuck in the mud, which requires you to rotate your character around to free him. Are you sure your game froze and that your character just didn't get stuck in the mud?

ImpendingChaos

I found an Adamant Ralts with Synchronize, so I decided to test my luck on Route 22. I ended up catching two Adamant Riolu -- a male and a female. The female one I'm gonna use for breeding later on, but the male one has a perfect 31 IV in Attack and I'm debating whether or not to use it ...

Mi-tan

In these boggy routes your character can get stuck in the mud, which requires you to rotate your character around to free him. Are you sure your game froze and that your character just didn't get stuck in the mud?

That definitely wasn't the case - all animation froze (right down to the rain), my character didn't move at all when I used either the Circle Pad or the Control Pad, and the Home button didn't even take me to the menu. When I pressed the Power button, the screens went black but the music/rain FX actually continued for a few seconds before the system turned off. I'd gotten stuck in the mud a few times before, but this was a lot more unnerving for someone who hasn't had a game freeze since R/S/E. xD

On the topic of my latest happenings, I still haven't gotten a shiny Vulpix, but I'm still trying combinations of Pokemon to see what happens. However, I did go through the Elite Four again to level up my incomplete team a bit, and all of them gained a few levels. My Charizard is now past level 80, which is probably the fastest a team member has ever gotten to such a high level! Looking forward to when they're all level 100 and I can actually hold my own against those passersby and acquaintances who want to battle :D

FireChick

Reporting in: Played with my team on Pokemon-Amie (SOOOO CUTE!), I got to Lumiose City, changed my hairstyle, battled some trainers to get some more money, went back, changed my hair color, participated in the PR video, got a Lens Case, changed my eye color to green, battled some Pokemon, caught a Gulpin and a Doduo, and that's about it. Oh yeah! My Spewpa, Vivian, evolved into Vivillon! I got the Polar pattern one.

PokemonOwn

Tomorrow I'll have my hands on Pokemon X.

However, nearly 200 Hours clocked on Y with about 2 boxfulls of EV Trained and fully evolved mons with movesets.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Many generous people on wondertrade and GTS this week. Had many quick successes on GTS and now have full access to all the kanto and kalos starters. Very6y pleased with all the pokerus pokemon I got.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Added the following to my Pokedex today: Volcarona, Metagross, Kabutops, Omastar, Rapidash and Dewgong. Didn't have a lot of time to play today, so it wasn't as many as previous days. I don't have much left to do on the Dex now, need to do some breeding and stone evolutions for Kanto and Johto, and then I might also try and use the GTS to get the remaining trade evolutions that evolve without items involved. I think I should be able to finish all of that tomorrow.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating a Team Flare grunt and their Toxicroak and Liepard after I teleported to another part of the lab, I accidentally stepped on a movement tile and I had to move around Lysandre Lab again just to find the place I had previously visited. I healed my Pokemon in the room with all the beds, then I reached the room at the far right of the lab and found Team Flare Mable inside. I knew she had the Elevator Key so I battled her for it. I used Greninja's Surf to beat her Houndoom, then I switched to Talonflame and beat her Weavile with Flame Charge. I obtained the Elevator Key after that battle, and I headed to the elevator and activated it. When I arrived at the next floor I saw an imprisoned man who spoke to me.

Krene

Spent an evening and a day breeding for a shiny Froakie. 4 1/3 boxes later...

1466247_186613401528371_782606249_n.jpg

I'm gonna name him Keroppi~:p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The big man inside the prison cell told me a story about a war and about a man whose Pokemon had died during said war but was revived somehow. The man with the Floette apparently turned bad and planned to use the ultimate weapon to end the war. His Floette eventually left him and then the man's story ended. Lysandre said the man's name was AZ and that he had the key to the ultimate weapon. Lysandre left and I headed out after him. I went to the next floor (B3) and I saw Lysandre speaking with another man who I assumed was another Team Flare Scientist. I battled against said scientist whose name was actually Xerosic and I beat his Crobat with Raichu and then his Malamar with Talonflame.

Mi-tan

Just started today's play and noticed that one of my friends, a Japanese player, was online for the first time in a few days. I hadn't encountered the third Pokemon in his Fire Safari yet, so I ran off to do so. And I found out that the third Pokemon is Braixen! Now I'm trying to catch as many of them as possible, both male and female, in the hopes of breeding a Fennekin with lots of perfect IVs. :)

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Picked up Y again. Beat the 6th and 7th gym leaders and am finally taking on Lysandre and team flare. Should be an adventure. Can't wait to take them down again and catch Yveltal.

Nickito

Yesterday, I hatched my first egg I got from a day care (I know I know) and I saw Moltres.

Electran

Hey everyone new here,

Alright today I did some gts trades wonder trades and started breeding slowpokes for shiny so far nothing but i'm just getting started. Then for friend safari the first I caught a metang was adamant so i'm training it. Then out of nowhere a shiny teddiursa decided to show up so I was very surprised so I caught it immediately (sorry no pics still under 10 posts) so now all I need is a foreign heracross to start mming to get a shiny heracross!

RedHulk

35 charmanders hatched so far in my attempt to breed a shiny. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Today, I chained a Shiny Skiddo (which has a Docile Nature and amazing IVs), raised my competitive team to level 50 and evolved my Pokemon that needed evolving by trade. :)