• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I always turn on Wi-Fi when hatching to moo...err, "borrow" Hatching O Powers from friends and acquaintances. Of course that kind of back fires when somebody challenges you in the middle of 3 minutes...

Seriously, some people have no decorum. You can see a yellow, shiny ring around the trainer on your friend list. "Oh I don't care what that is, just hit me up with a battle!"
I hear yea, I've been breeding the last couple days and even though I'm using the Hatching-O power, and my message CLEARLY says "Breeding" I still get people challenging me to a battle. I'm clearly not busy doing anything. So yeah I'll battle you with my lv 30 Larvesta, and team of Lv 1 Pokemon, I'm sure it'll be an exciting match against your properly trained team ;)

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I played with Halmohran ★ in Pokémon-Amie. Argh, if it isn't the darnedest, cutest little one-bite, yellow-bellied glutton you have ever seen.

YellowBelly_zpsf32831fe.jpg

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As I wandered across the bridge I encountered a Battle Girl and I beat her Mienshao with Talonflame. I made it across the bridge after that but I noticed an item in the distance so I had to backtrack and go down a rail to get it. It was just a PP Up though which was disappointing. As I moved south across some tall grass I arrived near some red flowers and I saw train tracks too. I explored the red flowers and caught a Torkoal there, then I headed up some stairs and battled a Hiker and his Stunfisk. After washing them away with Greninja's Surf, I entered the house near the bridge. I battled Inver in an Inverse Battle where types that were super effective became less effective and vice versa. I saved after winning.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Scored a Level 1, Brave Nature Honedge with solid IV's on Wonder Trade! Thanks, stranger. :p

Shiny Budew

Obtained Meadow, Archipelago, and Ocean Scatterbug eggs, and I might get a Marine one soon.

I'll be spending a lot of time leveling up Scatterbugs/Spewpas XD Because I'm weird and I don't like using EXP Share.

Lorde

I left Inver's house and I headed across the train tracks and entered Terminus Cave, but I headed back out in order to finish some stuff on Route 18. After picking up a Max Ether on a ledge, I wandered to the edge of the tracks and I spotted a Sky Trainer and had a Sky Battle with him. I beat his Ninjask, Drifblim, and Flygon with Talonflame and then I went down the stairs again and broke some rocks with Rock Smash but all I found was a wild Graveler. I battled against a Black Belt down there afterwards and I beat his Sawk with Malamar and his Pangoro with Raichu. I picked up a hidden Super Potion and battled a Lass as I wandered through the red flowers again. After beating her Granbull and Dedenne, I saved.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Started breeding Goomy's today as a potential final member to my Battle Maison team for Doubles, seeing as Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash already got me to 50 wins. The final product will be a Modest Gooey Goomy with 31/x/31/31/31/31, which shouldn't be too hard, I've already got parents with a mixture of both, shouldn't take too long. It's also a great excuse to level up my Hatching O-Power, that thing is really handy, it's already Level 2, and thanks to having to run around anyway to hatch eggs, it refills itself almost as fast as I have to use it.

I've been working on completing my Kalos Dex lately because I want to get the oval charm. Anyways, I totally underestimated how much work this is going to be but I'm still going to give it a shot. All of these trade evolutions are tough because I don't have any friends who play :p Anyways I posted a shout out to my online friends (most of whom are FC's from here) to help me evolve my Swirlix and Spritzee and almost immediately someone offered to trade! I was totally not expecting anyone to help and was really thankful people I've never actually met or really talked to can be so nice!! So I was really happy about that and because of it also feeling generous so when they traded back the evolved forms I felt like returning the favor so I traded them a shiny Snover and a shiny Audino for my pokes back :) It felt really good surprising someone with a gift for helping me out. We both made shoutout smiley faces after the trades were done, so that kinda capped it off haha. Anyways just wanted to say thank you to whoever that was I hope you like the shinies :) :)

Dark-Side

DARK SIDE OF THINGS
shiny eevee!!!!!! ^-^

Charoshi

Charmander is best
First time in years I decided to train my in game team up to lvl 100 in x while I was hunting shiny Chansey and Audino. I haven't trained a Pokemon up to lvl 100 since silver version without any rare candies involved, so this is an accomplishment. Simply out of boredom really. I'm more of a collector than a trainer really.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Ugghhh, I feel so stupid, my streak at the Battle Maison just ended at 54, but not because of hax, because I stopped paying attention. Damn I was confident that I could get a good streak going, and start farming BP.

It was my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash against a Ludicolo / Quagsire / Samurott.

The problems started with Ludicolo, who I should have used to set up Aegislash on, but instead I figured screw it, I'll use Gyarados for once. I set up a couple of Dragon Dance's, but it Leech Seeded me, and they killed each other, rather than have a +6 Aegislash and a Ludicolo corpse. Anyway, out comes Quagsire against Aegislash, I get to +4, and finish it off because it kept using Earthquake and I didn't want to keep stalling with King's Shield. I then use Shadow Sneak to finish it off, and do the same thing to Samurott, which puts it at 70%, but then it KOs Aegislash. I send out Rotom-H to finish the job, but that thing was Scarfed, and OHKO'd with Hydro Pump. I'm surprised it managed to one shot it, Rotom has tanked a lot of Surfs along the way.

I feel so stupid for not paying attention, which is Rule #1 in the Tower / Subway / Maison. And ironically I lost while looking at the Pokemon X/Y Soundtrack on iTunes, while playing a game which has the entire soundtrack on it already.

tl;dr - streak ended because i'm an idiot.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
First time in years I decided to train my in game team up to lvl 100 in x while I was hunting shiny Chansey and Audino. I haven't trained a Pokemon up to lvl 100 since silver version without any rare candies involved, so this is an accomplishment. Simply out of boredom really. I'm more of a collector than a trainer really.

Whew. Chansey and Audino in a single farm? I only got Audinos...

Well at least it's got Dittos. I can hunt for them at the same time at least.

Lorde

After beating a Lass on Route 18, I ran into a Durant horde and battled them, then I headed north and wandered the tall grass some more in search of a Lairon. I weakened one and caught it in a Dusk Ball. Afterwards I walked passed the red flowers and arrived in Couriway Town which was where Professor Sycamore supposedly was. I went under a bridge upon arrival and visited the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then purchased more Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions at the Mart before heading out. I visited a house and some girl wanted to see a Pokemon with Nuzzle, so I withdrew a Dedenne from my PC and I got a Revive from her. I then went up some stairs and got the U-turn TM near the train tracks.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
"You ready, Halmohran?"

"Gible, gible!"

Having played with Halmohran ★ to maximize her affection, I was ready to finally train her. I picked Route 19 and have Dororo help his new friend by fighting hordes of Weepinbell and Arbok for her. She also wore a Power Anklet, so she can train her speed at the same time.

It was going pretty swell: Dororo's Surf mowed down groups of enemies, and even if the Weepinbell resisted water attacks, he was still strong enough to get them in one wave. We just had to watch out and run from the odd group of Gligar in the area; the best defense is a good offense, in this case Attack and Speed.

After a few fights however, it started to rain. I asked my Victreebel, Nepenthes, for a Sweet Scent but the water doused the smell, causing it to become ineffective.

Sad, but one cannot go against nature. I sent out SolKaraya-GP, my Volcarona, to Fly us to Shalour City. I'll just have to give Halmohran ★ a Power Bracer and train her Speed with the Wingulls.
---------------------
It was the 15th time I had Nepenthes use Sweet Scent in the fields of Route 12. And already my eyes were starting to twitch.

When I arrived there, Dororo had fought off three groups of Wingulls. But after that, even though they were supposed to be a common flock in that area, none appeared. Every Sweet Scent resulted in a flock of Mareep coming forth, with the odd group of 4 Tauros and a Miltank. I've spent more time running away than fighting, and while it greatly trained MY speed, it wasn't doing anything for my Gible's.

I called out Nepenthes and asked for another Sweet Scent. Maybe 16th lucky.

"Mareep!" "Mareep!" "Mareep!" "Mareep!" "Mareep!"

"OH GIVE ME A BREAK!"

Running out of patience (and away from the Mareep Mafia), I had SolKaraya-GP Fly me to Dendemille Town and made the trek to Frost Caverns. There I had Dororo Surf in the waters Grass Knot the Floatzels and Poliwhirls there. Slower, but neither rain nor farm animals on the loose won't stop me.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Whew. Chansey and Audino in a single farm? I only got Audinos...

Well at least it's got Dittos. I can hunt for them at the same time at least.

Oh yes Chansey and Audino. There is a lot of carnage in this one friend safari! :p

Finally busted my shine less slump. I managed to get myself a beautiful shiny Helioptile!

I'm back to working on training and hunting shiny Audino or Chansey. Trying to fill up that dex so I can get the oval charm. Only need 2 from central and coastal and about 20 from mountain.

just IV bred a perfect 5 IV, baton pass, adamant, speed boost torchic

and... a perfect 5 IV, modest mareep WOO!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Been hatching billions of Noibat eggs... Still no shiny!! >:/

The female Japanese Noivern has a Destiny Knot and the male US Noivern has an Everstone. Does holding items affect shiny breeding? Also, my Noibat was an オンバット then evolved into a Noivern. Does MM still take it into effect even though it's an English Noivern now? (Still has the JPN tag, but has the English name now)

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Been hatching billions of Noibat eggs... Still no shiny!! >:/

The female Japanese Noivern has a Destiny Knot and the male US Noivern has an Everstone. Does holding items affect shiny breeding? Also, my Noibat was an オンバット then evolved into a Noivern. Does MM still take it into effect even though it's an English Noivern now? (Still has the JPN tag, but has the English name now)

It's really hard to say with RNG, but by my experience they do. I've bred a Torchic, a Venonat, a Scyther, and a Gible with both parents holding the items and all of them getting the natures and some to majority of the IVs (the Torchic and the Gible got 4 out of 5).

It's really up to chance. The Venonat took under an hour while the Torchic and the Gible took 3 days upon reaching the optimum parents.

Kalos.Fan

Well, I tried chaining for a shiny Luvdisc (since it's so easy to get) but I haven't had any luck. However, I gotta know - will the chain break if I don't beat the Pokemon, or can I just keep running away?