• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
came across this yday: http://www.haypi.com/monster_tlt/index.html

looks very similar to pokemon lol. not sure if its old but the game on the iphone is pretty interesting. some of the designs look pretty good and could pull of as being legit pokemon.

just caught all kanto and kalos starters as well as seen all johto legendaries and kanto birds in the battle maison

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, Now, I got dat Fairy Bdge.. That's its name, right...? Anyways, I defeated Valerie without too much effort. Skrelp OhKo'd her Mawile With a Surf, and lost to Mr. Mime.. Then, Carbink jumped in and stoned that Mime to Death With its Rock Tomb. Valerie's Sylveon was taken Down by two Psych cuts from my Malamar. It survved the first one pretty well, and I braced myself for some awe-inspiring Fary Move to be super effective. Then Sylveon used Charm, BOOSTING my Attack instead of lowering it, thus making me able to kill it With a Psycho Cut before any Fairy-Type moves came into the Field. Man, I love Contrary.

After the gym match, I Wonder traded a Gulpin I had (Feeling aweful about this, but offered Houndoom, so the sucky ones were Wonder traded until I got something good) and eventually, I got an Impish Phantump With its hidden ability, who also evolved right away. So thank you, kind stranger. Also discovered the Level 2 and 3 of the stat boosting Super Training. (the ones that don't give you evolution stones etc.) and trained Trevenant's Attack and Defense against Haxorus Balloon and Golem Balloon. So now, the Journey og into the Pokèball factory. Hoping to evolve my Golett, who's at Level 42.

Jack5326

Did the daily events I carry out and reached the stage where you receive $20,000 per job you do at Richissime Hotel. Sorted out my boxes too and realised I got some cool 2-3 IV Pokemon on Wonder Trade ages ago. Now I know they're out there, I'm WT'ing like crazy for a few hours!

pikachu54549

Does anyone know what that Snorlax sleeping in the middle of the Pokemon Village is there for? I would assume it's a second chance at catching the snorlax but I have no clue on how to wake it up. can anyone help me?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Does anyone know what that Snorlax sleeping in the middle of the Pokemon Village is there for? I would assume it's a second chance at catching the snorlax but I have no clue on how to wake it up. can anyone help me?

I would assume it's just there for the decoration. As with every Pokémon you can interact with in the village.

But hey, it's just my assumption. It may be hiding the Azure Flute or somethin'...

urrutiap

Just late last night at 3 in the morning, I caught my very first shiny pokemon and it was a shiny piloswine.

I was just wandering around in the snow ice cavern using the O Power Experience boost with encounter increase so I could level up my Medicham and Doduo pokemon.

Then all of a sudden I encountered a shiny piloswine that was nice and gold/yellow. So I caught.

Finally my own and first shiny in Pokemon X.

Havent had an actual shiny since Pokemon Sapphire back in the day

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
After reaching battle 20 in Battle Maison's Doubles so easily I decided to take a break and focus on something more important.
I'm going to finish the Kalos Pokedex catching, evolving, breeding, trading, the works. So that I can get the Oval charm.
I'm going through all my Friend Safari's right now to start off.

My Pokedex is sitting right now:
Central: 145 Seen, 108 Obtained
Coastal: 134 Seen, 88 Obtained
Mountain: 124 Seen, 89 Obtained

magentaman

After reaching battle 20 in Battle Maison's Doubles so easily I decided to take a break and focus on something more important.
I'm going to finish the Kalos Pokedex catching, evolving, breeding, trading, the works. So that I can get the Oval charm.
I'm going through all my Friend Safari's right now to start off.

My Pokedex is sitting right now:
Central: 145 Seen, 108 Obtained
Coastal: 134 Seen, 88 Obtained
Mountain: 124 Seen, 89 Obtained

You only need to get them all seen to get the charm

Bariokie

rock dog
now doing a wonderlocke ^^

Team:
Pawniard level 42
Manactric level 41
Flygon level 45
Shelgon level 43
Espeon level 42
Pupitar level 43

In box: Female -hidden ability level 1 Vulpix

Deads: 5...

Just saved the pokeball factory and got a masterball with a big nugget.
I chose the big nugget just because #yolo

Also I have my own poke theory now ^^

Basically the other region of the war with kalos is the place where are the other more pokemon of the 6th generation is.
And that also is the place where that backpacker is talking about and is where the 2nd eeveelution would have been.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
You only need to get them all seen to get the charm
True, but I'm going to catch them all as well. So that I'm not missing anything when Pokemon Bank comes around, and I can complete the National Dex and get the Shiny Charm too.
You need to catch everything(except event legendaries) in order to receive the Shiny Charm ;)

jynxed1

Has anyone encountered a Flash Fire Typhlosion yet in Battle Maison/Institute? I just battled a Typhlosion in Maison and it was using Inferno and Focus Blast pretty liberally and accurately so I'm wondering if it didn't get No Guard as a new hidden ability since Flash Fire wasn't released last gen.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
I finally got a Ditto via Wonder Trade. I've been looking to trade for one to better my odds of breeding pokemon. Now time to breed some Chespin, Froakie and Fennekin. Greninja is now at the day care with Ditto. I'm off to evolve Togepi to breed some Super Luck babies. *Edit* Togepi has 31 IV in Sp. Atk and 30 in HP and Sp. Def, looks like I'm going to train him too.

Last edited:

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I arrived in dendemille town. I went through route 16 and got the super rod. Then I went to chain fish for a shiny skrelp. I caught an adamant one and ev trained it. I am training it up to level 49 so it will be the same level as the rest of my team. Its going to replace my nonshiny skrelp.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Finally got my Pick-up Linoone to level 90 thanks to it picking up lots of Rare Candies, then lucked out straight away as the first item it picked up was a Leftovers. Now I am endlessly trading on the GTS fr any Pikachu or Pichu I can find with Lightingrod, no luck yet but eventually it should happen.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well i've been hatching dratinis non stop hoping for a shiny. No luck there. Then i decided to work on iv breeding for dratini. Then i decided to check this dratini i got in wonder trade. Turns out it was iv bred in 4 stats. So i decided it wasn't worth iv breeding anymore. I have four boxes of dratinis so im just wonder trading them away before ev training the 4 iv dratini from wonder trade. This is in Y version

in X version i just beat Lysandre last night and eventually when I get back to it, i'll be heading to snowbelle city and claim the final badge.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating a Worker's Octillery with Raichu's help, I headed deeper into Terminus Cave and I turned on the Dowsing Machine again to locate hidden items. I battled more wild Pokemon as I wandered straight and I found another rock that I broke apart with Rock Smash. Thanks to the Dowsing Machine I located a Moon Stone on the cave wall and I went down some stairs after collecting it. I ran into a Battle Girl down there and I battled her Throh and Conkeldurr with Talonflame and Malamar. I battled a couple Durant afterwards and used Rock Smash again to gain access to a Dusk Stone that was in a corner of the cave. The Dowsing Machine located an Iron for me, then I battled a Black Belt trainer and saved.

RedHulk

After 176 Charmanders and still no shiny, I decided to take a break and play through Y instead. Made it to Route 5 with a team consisting of Combusken, Quilladin, Auzurill, Metapod, Pidgey, and Pikachu.

slowdude

Hatched a 6 IV Bold Solosis after only 20 eggs. I'll hatch a few more and try for a shiny before moving on.

Last edited:

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Decided to check out the Pokeball Factory. The mission didn't take too long, and I cleaned out Team Flare and got a Master Ball and Big Nugget for my efforts. I then decided to get some of my Level 1 Pokes and raise them a bit in the Battle Chateau, and also planted a bunch of berries and have been tending them.