• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the breeding today. Did a lot but it won't be much when put down in words. I managed to get a female Pokemon of the species I am breeding with perfect IVs in three stats (including the two necessary ones) and the right ability within my first 15 eggs, so that was really cool. It also had one of the natures I wanted thanks to the Everstone. I could then start by adding the egg moves as well. I continued and in the end, I managed to obtain 2 Pokemon with 4 perfect IVs, together having all 5 that I am after, both have one of the natures I am after and the female also has the right ability and the male has the egg move I want. According to statistics, my chance of getting one with all 5 perfect IVs is now 1 in 24 which isn't too bad, but I know that it could have been 1 in 10 if I had had access to the Power Items. I have therefore decided that as soon as I have obtained three perfect Pokemon, I going to train them and then I am heading to the Battle Masion to get the Power Items to speed up future breeding (and possible EV-training too). Tomorrow, I'll continue breeding, hoping to have my first target ready by then but if not, no big deal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating a Black Belt's Hariyama, I continued to explore the cave and I eventually got so tired of running into wild Pokemon that I tried using a Max Repel to avoid them. I kept looking for items and for the cave's exit, and I broke another rock with Rock Smash and found an item. I found a Dire Hit on a rock and then I battled two Rangers in a Double Battle. I used Greninja and Malamar against their Nidoking and Nidoqueen and after beating them I went down a slope and arrived at another room with tons of rocks an I battled another trainer down there. I beat their Probopass with Pyroar's Flamethrower and proceeded to break apart rocks. I then arrived at some stairs but a person there told me I couldn't enter.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
Ran in to my rival in Kiloude City. I went in to battle with Tyrantrum, Beedrill, Charizard, Chesnaught, Greninja, and Plusle.
Her Meowstic took out Tyrantrum but not before he set up Stealth Rock, then I took Meowstic out with Greninja. Then it was her Clefable against my Beedrill, I managed to lay down Toxic Spikes and took it out with one Poison Jab. My Plusle was up against her Vaporeon, she withstood a Hydro Pump and got one Nasty Plot in followed by an Electro Ball to seal the deal. Beedrill was up against her Chesnaught...hit it with one Poison Jab, Beedrill dodged his attack and finished it with a Bug Bite. Altaria was next but I paralyzed it with Plusle and she took Plusle out with one Dragon Pulse. Time for my Mega Charizard X to take her out with one Dragon Claw. Her final Pokemon was Absol, which I decided to take out with one of Chesnaught's Hammer Arms...to my surprise it Mega Evolved and avoided my Hammer Arm. I decided to use Leech Seed but it had the Magic Bounce ability, one Hammer Arm took it out thanks to Tyrantrum's Stealth Rock and Beedrill's Toxic Spikes slowly hurting it. Another surprise...she gave me Absolite. Off to the sundial and more surprises.

Lorde

Since I couldn't enter the blocked chamber at Terminus Cave, I went back but encountered a Durant horde before leaving. I picked up a Max Repel before leaving the room I was in and I used that to avoid battling more wild Pokemon. I exited the room after finding a Reaper Cloth and I went straight until I found an Iron Plate. I passed by the Battle Girl that I had battled before and I went north until I spotted another Black Belt who wanted to battle me. Talonflame beat his Toxicroak and Sawk and I continued moving around the floor until I had explored most of it, then I went back to the larger chamber that I had previously explored upon arriving at Terminus Cave. I jumped off some ledges and caught a wild Noibat.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
beat the elite 4 and the champion. saw the ending, all i can say is wow. best ending i've seen in a pokemon game to date. Also the first time in 14 years i actually played a pokemon game without relying on a strategy guide

Lorde

After catching Noibat, I headed out of Terminus Cave from the first entrance and I wandered into the second entrance and found the Brick Break TM. I headed out again afterwards and used Rock Smash on a rock to gain access to the third entrance. I picked up a Dragon Scale inside and I went out to Couriway Town to heal my injured Pokemon. I left the Pokemon Center and headed south out of Couriway Town. I passed through a gatehouse there and arrived at Route 19, also known as Grande Vallée Way. I headed down some stairs towards a puddle filled area and I encountered and caught a wild Shelmet and Sliggoo there. I Surfed a bit and then I found two Rangers and I beat their Tauros and Miltank.

Vasarto

Well right now I am trying to get some Friend Safari guys who have beaten the elite four already.

I have just gotten myself a Gogoat and realzied I CANNOT RIDE IT.

I want to get a butterfly collection of vivillon but everyone wants the X legandary ****ing for it or HACKED pokemon that cannot possibly exist at their level. like they want a mother ****ing level 1 Gyrados or a ****ing scizor.

GOD am I getting sick of people wanting the birds, X and Y legandaries and ****ing impossible to find pokemon that can only exist via hacking for basic stupid ****.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
Well right now I am trying to get some Friend Safari guys who have beaten the elite four already.

I have just gotten myself a Gogoat and realzied I CANNOT RIDE IT.

I want to get a butterfly collection of vivillon but everyone wants the X legandary ****ing for it or HACKED pokemon that cannot possibly exist at their level. like they want a mother ****ing level 1 Gyrados or a ****ing scizor.

GOD am I getting sick of people wanting the birds, X and Y legandaries and ****ing impossible to find pokemon that can only exist via hacking for basic stupid ****.

I'll trade you a Vivillon. Let me catch a scatterbug and evolve it. I think mine is the High Plains Pattern.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
While I'm breeding my team I was bombarded with challenges from Passerby and Acquaintances. I would turn them down of course because I had nothing but a low level Larvesta and just a few Lv 1 Pokes. Now that I finally have a decent team all breed and EV trained I've been accepting some, however within a few turns most of them disconnect. Seriously though what were some of them expecting, and easy win or something?

Anyways I'm going through the Battle Maison gathering BP to get items. Still need to find some Leftovers(not going to enjoy the long hunt by Pick Up), I really shouldn't have traded it away. After that I might breed a few more Mons and start tackling online battles.

Cutty

Forever now
I finally got shiny Froakie after 1,964 SR's so I could start my X game.

I'm in Luminose city now, wandering around n getting ready for the second gym. I'm liking the game so far... and planning on hunting 2 or 3 more shinies to put in my X team.

My current team:
no nick yet - f shiny Frogadier lv 23
Red Neck - m Fetchinder lv 20
And Zigzagoon as a pick up

Im only interested in collecting Kalos pokemon from the wild... my next team member should be another new pokemon and shiny...

Now I've got an additional team member from Prof Sycamore which is a shiny Charmander after 1,157 SRs. And He's a healthy shiny Charizard now. Oh, my shiny female Frogadier has evolved into the cool looking shiny Greninja too! \^.^/

I just got my second badge from Cyllage City and customized my character look into green green (green cap + green jacket), which is my fave colour...

I also went back to try chain fishing at Ambrette's beach, which yielded me with a shiny Love This. For 13 chain after a few attempts. Not too shabby for an old rod. As a matter fact, I've also fished a shiny Magikarp at other place... lol. I'm such a shiny sucker, mind you...

I'm currently in Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town, soft resetting for shiny Amaura to put in the team...

My current team so far:
Azumi - f shiny Greninja lv. 39
Red Neck - m Talonflame lv. 38
Zarddon-X - m shiny Charizard lv. 37

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
120 eggs later and still no Shiny Riolu. At least one has outstanding potential and has perfect IVs in Speed, Sp. Atk, & Sp. Def.

Now I've got an additional team member from Prof Sycamore which is a shiny Charmander after 1,157 SRs. And He's a healthy shiny Charizard now. Oh, my shiny female Frogadier has evolved into the cool looking shiny Greninja too! \^.^/

I just got my second badge from Cyllage City.

The sheer unhealthy dedication of SR a thousand times just to spawn a Shiny Charmander in Sycamore's possession...and getting a Greninja right around the second Gym.

Shiny Budew

Caught a female Zigzagoon w/ Pickup. Named her Soshiny on accident (I was rethinking naming her that when I accidentally hit enter). I can't remember what her nature is exactly (I think it is Relaxed, which is not awesome).

Traveled through Santalune Forest and arrived in Santalune City. Along the way I caught a female Panpour and put her up on the GTS for a Skrelp. I wanted a female, but got a male. But now that I've seen Skrelp according to the GTS, I can require that the other person give me a female if they want to trade. I might try putting up another female elemental monkey and see if that gets picked up by someone.

Lastly, I picked up the event Torchic from the delivery girl in the Pokemon Center. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he has a Jolly nature.

And now back to my lab report eww.

Lorde

After beating some Rangers and their Pokemon, I Surfed along the swampy part of Route 19 and battled some wild Pokemon in the water before going back to the shallow portions of the swamp. I was spotted by another Pokemon Ranger as I moved along the shallow water and I battled her. I beat her Alomomola with my Raichu and then I Surfed north and I battled some more wild Quagsire and Sliggoo as I moved past some tree stumps. I found a boulder to the north and I used Pangoro's Strength to move it. I found a Toxic Plate after that, then I headed back towards the swamp and battled another female Pokemon Ranger. I beat her Emolga with Malamar's Psycho Cut and her Grumpig with Pangoro's Crunch.

MadMoose

Hatching plenty of eggs of different kinds. Chain breeding. The end result will be A Hasty Noivern with Switcheroo.

Right now, I'm trying to catch a female corphish at Parfum Palace. The next step: breed Corphish with a male Inkay that knows Switcheroo.

I got distracted, and instead of paying attention to my game, I was watching LOTR.
Well, while I was doing that, I accidentally defeated a shiny Sliggoo. . .
Needless to say, I was quite unhappy about it.

Goodraman

Man of 1000 Goomys
MM breeding two froakies, one german, one spanish. im at 42 hatches so far. still hopeful, but since i am that guy that catches everything they see i am running out of space, just curious as to what the best nature is for the froakie line

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Well, I finally completed the main storyline of Pokémon X. The Elite Four wasn't too hard (for my team of Level 60's). Surprisingly, Seibold gave me the most trouble. Wickstrom's Aegislash was kinda annoying with King's Shield. Drasna and Malva were a walk in the park thanks to Aurorus and Clawitzer. Diantha was... Just. Everything you could want in a champion. Epic yet dazzling. Challenging yet fun. I had such a blast. And the ending sequence... Just breathtaking. Yet another masterpiece from Game Freak. The "Fin" screen had me crying softly to myself for a solid few minutes before I returned to the title screen.

I decided to head over to Kilhoude (I think I'm spelling that right?) to check out the Friend Safari. It's pretty exciting so far. And now the long, arduous quest of preparing for the Battle Maison begins...

Oh. And I've begun my first attempt to breed a Shiny with the Masuda Method. My first target: Fletchling. May Masuda be with me...

killercloud

I bought X yesterday having finished Y and wanting to keep that save. I have decided on my own sort of nuzlocke / wonder trade challenge. I'm having Froakie and Charmander as I want to play through with them and I am wonder trading for the breed of mon I'm using for my other four. I received Trevanant, Carbink, Illumise and Helioptile. So I'm going to breed one of each of them in Y and trade them over to X as eggs and use that team. I'm not going to use any healing / restoration items and only pokemon centers for healing. If one of them faints I shall box them and wonder trade for something new, including Froakie and Charmander. I've never done anything like this before so should be fun. I'll probably forget to update on here often though so may just post later in the game unless I remember to.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After getting some more Pokemon, I've grown to like Klefki. I'm going to use it as a member of my team-it has a rather odd charm

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I was doing some horde hunting on X and was pleasantly surprised when a Stunky decided to shine for me. It was quite a nice feeling. Now I'm doing some fishing in the hopes of finding anything really, Luvdisc probably.

On Y I haven't done much. Just beat Sycamore in Couriway town and I'm on my way to Snowbelle city to get my final badge!